BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

BPM Sport

05-06-2007, 11:32 AM   #1
dr335is
Brigadier General

Drives: GTI

George Tenet on Meet the Press -- WOOOWWW!

WOW is all can say.
This admin dragged this country to the bottom. What a shame for a such a nice country and people...

I could not believe that:
1) All he kept saying is "We believed..." this and that and all is cool. Is it really possible that because "we believed" in something wrong it is cool to invade a sovereign country, kill whoever we want or whoever does not obey the occupators, destroy the whole country, risk our lives, spend all this money, and much more... Just because some dumb asses believed??? Milosevic, for example believed in something wrong, but he was demonized in the end. He did not kill anyone personally, neither did Bush, but they both ordered. Milosevic propaganda and marketing sucked and the is why he's where he is and his former people are still suffereing. Bush has a strong propaganda, he calls his victims "colleteral damage" and his ass is covered...

Is it possible that no one will be responsible for completely destabilizing the region, invading a sovereign country, killing more than ONE innocent person, and so on???

2) CIA admittedly knew that SH had nothing to do with Al Qaeda, but somehow it slipped into Bush's speach in January 2003. It was taken out of his previous speach in Cicinnati. Tenent admitted he had no time to read Bush's 2003 speach, therefore was left in there...WOW

3) Intel -- admitted that Brits and the US had the same source of intel --wrong. Only Brits and US!!! French, somehow had the realistic and correct intel and refused to join. How is that possible???? Does anyone really believe in that???

4) All -- Bush, Chaney, Powell CLEARLY say in their speaches a few things (Speaches from October 7 2002 - invasion):
- PROOF that SH is heavily tied with Al Qaeda (later proven wrong)
- PROOF of WMD (proven wrong)
- PROOF of trying to obrain U from Africa (wrong)
- PROOF of building a nuke (wrong)
A "proof" is a word not needed to be proven -- like never, or always, or... WHat kind of proof they had if that was all wrong??? How could they LIE to AMerican public and the World???
The World read the liars clearly (that is why such a great support for the fiasco), unfortunately the American public did not, therefore...

WOW, all this makes me sick and ashamed...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/ID/3898804/

Last edited by dr335is; 05-07-2007 at 07:46 PM.
      05-08-2007, 01:15 PM   #2
Major

Drives: E90 325i; F10 528i; 2002tii

All of this has been established for some time. Much of it before the invasion.

But then this is an administration in which calling someone "reality based” is an insult.
      05-08-2007, 01:34 PM   #3
Neurorad
Major

Drives: 330xi 6MT Blk/Blk SP

Ever watch Fox 'news'? Good for a laugh. They have it on at the gym.
      05-08-2007, 01:57 PM   #4
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
Ever watch Fox 'news'? Good for a laugh. They have it on at the gym.
luckily, I have no headphones while at the gym
      05-08-2007, 05:46 PM   #5
ganeil
Colonel

Drives: 328i Coupe

Intelligence is not an exact science. Because you are often dealing with information that the other side is taking active steps to protect, belief (based on the best available information) is what a policy maker has to deal with.

It continually amazes me how it was irrational to operate on the assumption that the CIA was correct with regard to WMD in Iraq when it was an issue they had been dealing with for over a decade and was the belief of every major intel agency in the world but at the same time irrational to operate on the assumption that they were wrong with regard to Iraq and AQ since the relationship between Iraq and AQ is still debatable.

Iraq did have contact with AQ prior to 9/11. AQ operatives were openly operating in Baghdad prior to the war. Was there an operational relationship? We still do not know.

The French did not have intel that differed from the US/UK, nor for that matter did Russia, Germany, Israel, or China. The difference was not in the intel but the belief in what an appropriate response to that intel was.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
ganeil is offline   United_States
      05-08-2007, 09:35 PM   #6
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
Intelligence is not an exact science. Because you are often dealing with information that the other side is taking active steps to protect, belief (based on the best available information) is what a policy maker has to deal with.

It continually amazes me how it was irrational to operate on the assumption that the CIA was correct with regard to WMD in Iraq when it was an issue they had been dealing with for over a decade and was the belief of every major intel agency in the world but at the same time irrational to operate on the assumption that they were wrong with regard to Iraq and AQ since the relationship between Iraq and AQ is still debatable.

Iraq did have contact with AQ prior to 9/11. AQ operatives were openly operating in Baghdad prior to the war. Was there an operational relationship? We still do not know.

The French did not have intel that differed from the US/UK, nor for that matter did Russia, Germany, Israel, or China. The difference was not in the intel but the belief in what an appropriate response to that intel was.
You just confirmed my point how many CROOKS we have in the WH and around...
      05-08-2007, 10:10 PM   #7
ganeil
Colonel

Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
How did I do that?

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
ganeil is offline   United_States
      05-17-2007, 09:14 PM   #8
trickydick
Private

Drives: 2007 3351 e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
+1
      08-26-2007, 04:55 PM   #9
pcoles78
Private

Drives: OC transpo

before the war i thought saddam had wmd's. so yes, i had no objections to the invasion. but i didn't believe Saddam trained or had anything to do with alqaeda, and shame on bush et al for saying those lies to America. it's well known that saddam would kill bin laden if obl set foot in Iraq, one man is a religious fanatic and the other is a secular greedy pig. Even though both hated America, there was no evidence they worked together. there isn't a sandbox in the middle east big enough to fit their huge egos!!!!
pcoles78 is offline   Canada