BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - New England
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-31-2012, 06:39 PM   #67
WingZeroX5
Major
United_States
13

 
WingZeroX5's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New Hampshire


Posts: 1,173
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith&firepower
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingZeroX5 View Post
Totally off topic, but since this is an owners thread in MA/NH and the "hey i see you" thread rarely gets any attention:

at around 0800, i saw a jerez black e90 M3, 08 with blacklines on I95s right at the $h1tty US3 merge, before bedford exit

Pretty clean, looks like it was recently detailed

It wasn't me...Ive been gone for 2 weeks and I got in late lastnight. I hope no one broke into my garage at the apartment and stole her!!

Did it have a Michigan Iraq Vet Plate?
I didnt notice the plate.

Now i just wish a big rainstorm would come for a few days and wash all the grime off the roads. I love the snow but hate the way it gets dirty and nasty.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 08:27 PM   #68
DopeM3
M Power
United_States
22

 
DopeM3's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH


Posts: 1,295
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthShoreM3 View Post
Took the plunge and brought the M put tonight. Last time i drive it in 2012! And lucky found a parking garage to put my sweet girl in. I have to say the Conti DWS drive fantastic in the cold weather. Running a 265/30 and 295/30 on BBS CHR Dinan spec 19s.
Looking for a garage myself around the area
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 09:17 PM   #69
Endless619
DHS
Spain
54

 
Endless619's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Range Rover Black Edition
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Disneyland


Posts: 3,930
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyooooJay View Post
Looking for a garage myself around the area
My X5 has been doing all the work since it snowed. I have 3-4 feet on the M3 side. Until it melts the M3 will probably sit. lol
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #70
Jale9579
New Member
0

 
Drives: 2012 e93
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Boston


Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

Live and work in the city of Boston and have a Jerez Black 2012 E93. (Commute is less than a mile) Do not drive in Snow/icey conditions but still use as my DD.. Car gets washed weekly.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 01:19 PM   #71
DopeM3
M Power
United_States
22

 
DopeM3's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH


Posts: 1,295
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jale9579 View Post
Live and work in the city of Boston and have a Jerez Black 2012 E93. (Commute is less than a mile) Do not drive in Snow/icey conditions but still use as my DD.. Car gets washed weekly.
Is it stock?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 10:35 PM   #72
faith&firepower
Granny Shifting, Not Double Clutching Like You
San Marino
1

 
faith&firepower's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Back in MI


Posts: 104
iTrader: (0)

I drove mine today to work as its been a while since it got started/moved. My remote battery is dead though...felt great to just take a stroll.
__________________
08' E90 M3 - Not Enough Mods To List....
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 07:41 AM   #73
NHman
Lieutenant
7

 
Drives: 2013 M3 MR ZCP DCT
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorthEast


Posts: 465
iTrader: (0)

For those wanting to drive their M3, the weather for next week looks good. Predicted to be in the mid to upper 40's and sunny.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 10:45 AM   #74
go4gr8
Private
United_States
0

 
go4gr8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Canuck in Portland, ME


Posts: 57
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
I am near Bangor but have been from Portland to the Canadian border in it on different occasions and you just don't see California M3s up here. lol
Wow! You're farther up there than I am!
__________________
2008 E92, Sparkling graphite metallic, Fox red interior, Carbon roof, iDrive
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 11:31 AM   #75
go4gr8
Private
United_States
0

 
go4gr8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Canuck in Portland, ME


Posts: 57
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHman View Post
For those wanting to drive their M3, the weather for next week looks good. Predicted to be in the mid to upper 40's and sunny.
Not if the snow melts and gets mixed with the salt and calcium!
__________________
2008 E92, Sparkling graphite metallic, Fox red interior, Carbon roof, iDrive
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #76
NHman
Lieutenant
7

 
Drives: 2013 M3 MR ZCP DCT
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorthEast


Posts: 465
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by go4gr8 View Post
Not if the snow melts and gets mixed with the salt and calcium!
This is true, one could hope (even though I do want the cold and snow for skiing).
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 03:40 PM   #77
Savage_M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
2

 
Savage_M3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Boston


Posts: 277
iTrader: (1)

I still drive mine daily. I swapped down to 18's with Dunlop Wintersport 3D for the winter. I plan on borrowing my brothers car if it's going to snow hard. He fortunately takes the train to work.

I love that the M3 warms up pretty quick, but was freezing my hands the other night when I left work. Steering wheel is so thick that it takes forever to get warmed up.
__________________
2011 M3 Sedan - Jerez Black, DCT, Comp, Navi, etc...
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #78
M3 Esq
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
21

 
M3 Esq's Avatar
 
Drives: M3, 335i, X5
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CT


Posts: 1,946
iTrader: (5)

I am in northern CT and am driving a different M3 as my DD - a Mazda3. I have not daily driven the ///M since we had our first snow. However, I will be taking her out on nice days here and there to stretch her legs.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #79
WingZeroX5
Major
United_States
13

 
WingZeroX5's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New Hampshire


Posts: 1,173
iTrader: (9)

saw a white LCI coupe last night at burlington mall. OEM AE's
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 10:03 PM   #80
Endless619
DHS
Spain
54

 
Endless619's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Range Rover Black Edition
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Disneyland


Posts: 3,930
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Esq. View Post
I am in northern CT and am driving a different M3 as my DD - a Mazda3. I have not daily driven the ///M since we had our first snow. However, I will be taking her out on nice days here and there to stretch her legs.
I want to take mine out but with the snow here and my M3 being super clean with my shiny black TE37s it may not be wise as my X5 has gotten a beating with the 30+ inches of snow over the past few weeks.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #81
Jale9579
New Member
0

 
Drives: 2012 e93
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Boston


Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyooooJay View Post
Is it stock?
Pretty much stock except for minor cosmetic mods. (grill, LED lights, tints, bumper reflectors etc)...
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 12:08 PM   #82
DopeM3
M Power
United_States
22

 
DopeM3's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH


Posts: 1,295
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jale9579 View Post
Pretty much stock except for minor cosmetic mods. (grill, LED lights, tints, bumper reflectors etc)...
Nice
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #83
WCH
Major
United_States
15

 
WCH's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 F10 M5 SG
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston


Posts: 1,202
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Saw a White E92 M3 heading into Watertown Sat. Looked lowered and had CF mirror caps. If the owner is here, I was in the grey ML63 that gets the nod when there is snow or rain around.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 02:42 PM   #84
iangow
Registered
United_States
0

 
iangow's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Alpine White M3 Coupe DCT
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Newton, MA


Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyooooJay View Post
Any ///M Owners in MA/NH area? I'm sure there are but haven't seen much of them on the road lately.

Maybe cars are stored for the winter? Can it be spring already please
I am in Newton, MA. I bought my car two months ago, just in time to put winter tires on (daily driver for my four-mile commute). Mods listed in signature below ;-).

I seem to see M3s all over in Boston. I pass a 2008 E92 6MT in the lot at work almost every day. I also sometimes see a white E93 in the lot too. A colleague has a 2011 E90. My 5-year-old daughter's best friend's dad drives a 2011 E93.
__________________
2013 Alpine White M3 Coupe / DCT / USB Charger / Winter Floor Mats / Evenflo Amp Performance Booster Seats (x2) / Pirelli Winter Sottozero 240 Serie II
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #85
DopeM3
M Power
United_States
22

 
DopeM3's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH


Posts: 1,295
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iangow View Post
I am in Newton, MA. I bought my car two months ago, just in time to put winter tires on (daily driver for my four-mile commute). Mods listed in signature below ;-).

I seem to see M3s all over in Boston. I pass a 2008 E92 6MT in the lot at work almost every day. I also sometimes see a white E93 in the lot too. A colleague has a 2011 E90. My 5-year-old daughter's best friend's dad drives a 2011 E93.
Welcome

How does it handle in the snow? Any issues during morning start ups?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #86
iangow
Registered
United_States
0

 
iangow's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Alpine White M3 Coupe DCT
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Newton, MA


Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyooooJay View Post
Welcome

How does it handle in the snow? Any issues during morning start ups?
I live on a steep hill and driving into our street at around 11:30pm on Saturday 12/29 proved impossible with several inches of unplowed snow (while I later learned I should've switched off DSC, I'm not sure that would've sufficed). But at that time the car managed the hills along Commonwealth Ave (including a couple of hill starts) and braking and steering weren't so bad. On lesser snow, the car has been fine.

Morning start-ups aren't so bad. Takes about a mile or so to warm up. Though it did seem a little bit groggier when the weather was a bit colder recently.
__________________
2013 Alpine White M3 Coupe / DCT / USB Charger / Winter Floor Mats / Evenflo Amp Performance Booster Seats (x2) / Pirelli Winter Sottozero 240 Serie II
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 12:19 PM   #87
MA///M3
Banned
United_States
4

 
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 DCT COUPE
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BOSTON, MA


Posts: 346
iTrader: (0)

I see a white e92 M3 in the N. Quincy T station parking lot often. I also see another white e92 m3, with a Vorstein type rear wing, with the DRIFT license plate. I think he lives like a mile away from me.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #88
DopeM3
M Power
United_States
22

 
DopeM3's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH


Posts: 1,295
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iangow View Post
I live on a steep hill and driving into our street at around 11:30pm on Saturday 12/29 proved impossible with several inches of unplowed snow (while I later learned I should've switched off DSC, I'm not sure that would've sufficed). But at that time the car managed the hills along Commonwealth Ave (including a couple of hill starts) and braking and steering weren't so bad. On lesser snow, the car has been fine.

Morning start-ups aren't so bad. Takes about a mile or so to warm up. Though it did seem a little bit groggier when the weather was a bit colder recently.
Wish I could drive mine during the winter. Wouldn't want to do, she's nice and clean in the garage
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:11 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST