BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #23
CBS
Major
 
CBS's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 535, E90 M3, E30 M3
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wilkes-Barre, PA

Posts: 1,110
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 535xi M Sport  [0.00]
2014 X3 3.5 M Sport  [0.00]
2011 M3 E90  [4.88]
2008 X5  [0.00]
1990 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by minigearhead View Post
or just supercharge...
Agreed, it's like having a totally new car!
__________________

ESS VT-1 550 | M24 Oil Cooler | Fall Line Half Cage | RaceTech 4009W | 6 pt Harness | Lifeline Zero 360 Fire Suppression | Rear Seat Delete | Motion Control DA Dampers w/remote reservoirs | 900/650 Hyperco Springs | RD Sport Sway Bars | Brembo 380 BBK | GC Camber Plates | Hoosier R6 | Eisenmann Sport | Stack Gauges | Painted Challenge Front Lip | Painted ZCP Rear Spoiler | Xpel Ultimate Film | LuxAngelEyes
CBS is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-26-2012, 08:22 PM   #24
blinkme323
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011 M3
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Philly

Posts: 143
iTrader: (1)

Depending what options you'd be getting on the '13 it could be worth it. I had a stripped '11 (literally no options outside of interior trim) and traded it for a '13 with ZCP, Nav, and a few other options.

Would you be trading for essentially the same car or would the '13 be different?
__________________
E92 M3 | Melbourne Red | ZCP | Nav | 6MT | CF Roof
Blue-Gray Aluminum Trim | Ventureshield
blinkme323 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-26-2012, 08:41 PM   #25
TTG
...
 
TTG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 2,849
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic311 View Post


I plan to be buried in mine..does that count as forever?..
Not unless you are 100 years old.....

You will get rid of that car and get something newer eventually.
__________________
Retired: 2011 E92 M3 AW w/ Silver Novillo ZCP, ZTP, ZPP, 494, 6FL, 507, 302 & 415.....ED April 29th, 2010
Retired: 2007 E92 335i -Space Gray, Black Leatherette + Alum, Nav, ZCW, ZSP, PDC, CA & Sunshade.....ED Oct 19th, 2006
TTG is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2012, 01:27 AM   #26
beam3er
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 DCT SG
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sacramento, CA

Posts: 108
iTrader: (2)

Save your money and get the next generation
beam3er is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2012, 03:04 AM   #27
FVM3
Major General
 
FVM3's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 m3, f30 328i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 5,711
iTrader: (2)

not worth it
FVM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2012, 05:55 PM   #28
MRSSIIM3
General
 
MRSSIIM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 e92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,279
iTrader: (5)

100% worth it. the jump from my 11-13 is nuts. cant imagine the jump from an 09
__________________
Current: 2015 M4, SSII / SO
Current: 2013 E92 M3, SSII, Black extended, ZCP, fully loaded
Mods: Black Hood Vents, Black Grilles, Black Side Grilles, Lux H8 v. 4.0, CF Mirrors, CF Spoiler, Black ///M Emblem, Evolve Tune, Dinan CF Intake, Dinan Pulley, Akrapovic GT4
Retired: 2011.5 E92 M3, SSII
MRSSIIM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #29
canadian stig
Banned
 
canadian stig's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: canada

Posts: 242
iTrader: (0)

what's up with all those people "upgrading" to a newer model of the exact same car? BMW hasn't made any significant changes to the car throughout its 6 year run. Sure, there was a NAV upgrade, LCI lights, and some software tweaks, but these are just minor details. And the ZCP package is all show and no go. It doesn't add power, or improve handling, or make the car any faster around a track. It seems like some people just wanna get rid of their $$$ as quickly as possible. Personally when the time comes to get rid of my M3, i'll go for a completely different car. Maybe a GT-R, Z06, Viper, Cayman R, or 911 GT3, depending on my finances at that time.
canadian stig is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-28-2012, 12:33 PM   #30
Amri215
Banned
 
Amri215's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Alpine White M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 161
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian stig View Post
what's up with all those people "upgrading" to a newer model of the exact same car? BMW hasn't made any significant changes to the car throughout its 6 year run. Sure, there was a NAV upgrade, LCI lights, and some software tweaks, but these are just minor details. And the ZCP package is all show and no go. It doesn't add power, or improve handling, or make the car any faster around a track. It seems like some people just wanna get rid of their $$$ as quickly as possible. Personally when the time comes to get rid of my M3, i'll go for a completely different car. Maybe a GT-R, Z06, Viper, Cayman R, or 911 GT3, depending on my finances at that time.
Uh no..the car has been steadily improved over its 6 year run, improved engine internals, improved software, improved electronics... its not just all about LCI lights.

And the "all show no go ZCP package.. that doesnt add power".... sounds like you are just mad you dont have it...

Newer is always better
Amri215 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #31
canadian stig
Banned
 
canadian stig's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: canada

Posts: 242
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amri215 View Post
Uh no..the car has been steadily improved over its 6 year run, improved engine internals, improved software, improved electronics... its not just all about LCI lights.

And the "all show no go ZCP package.. that doesnt add power".... sounds like you are just mad you dont have it...

Newer is always better
How exactly did the engine internals improve? What changes, if any, were made? And what performance gain did they lead to? This is the first time I hear about this.

And improved software and electronics are trivial changes, like I said.

As for ZCP, show me comparative laptimes, or car reviews or any evidence whatsoever that ZCP is any good.

Newer is not always better for the consumer. Sometimes it's just better for the car dealer, the bank, and the manufacturing company. But hey, if the thought of actually having money in your savings account troubles you so much, by all means, keep upgrading every year to the newest model of the same car
canadian stig is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-29-2012, 11:31 PM   #32
Amri215
Banned
 
Amri215's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Alpine White M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 161
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian stig View Post
How exactly did the engine internals improve? What changes, if any, were made? And what performance gain did they lead to? This is the first time I hear about this.

And improved software and electronics are trivial changes, like I said.

As for ZCP, show me comparative laptimes, or car reviews or any evidence whatsoever that ZCP is any good.

Newer is not always better for the consumer. Sometimes it's just better for the car dealer, the bank, and the manufacturing company. But hey, if the thought of actually having money in your savings account troubles you so much, by all means, keep upgrading every year to the newest model of the same car
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=786103
Amri215 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2012, 12:51 AM   #33
positiveions
Lieutenant General
 
positiveions's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 MKV JETTA 2.5 & E90 M3 :)
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Verne, CA

Posts: 10,464
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via MSN to positiveions Send a message via Yahoo to positiveions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic311 View Post


I plan to be buried in mine..does that count as forever?..
This man did:http://www2.wjbf.com/news/2009/sep/0...car-ar-232505/
positiveions is offline   Lebanon
0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2012, 08:42 AM   #34
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: R8 V8 '14
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Melbourne CBD

Posts: 1,547
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2kroma View Post
You want those payments again? Keep your '09 and maybe save money for the new M3 or M4!!!! With your trade and after savings a few dollars you be able to pay cash for the new M!!
+1
J1n is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2012, 07:19 PM   #35
YellowMellow
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E91, E93, E46, 9974CS, 997TT
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Jupiter

Posts: 220
iTrader: (0)

keep the '09 and wait for M4.
M4 will be desirable. as I understand it, the M4 will be lighter and stay true to the M heritage
YellowMellow is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2013, 07:55 AM   #36
CSanto
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New York

Posts: 1,843
iTrader: (1)

I'm actually having a similar dilemma. (Even though I commented in this exact thread to supercharge. I'm very indecisive)

I have an 09 with 45k Miles. I paid off the loan about 2 years ago so the title is clear. I want to wait for the new M3, M4, M2 and possibly the new C63 AMG to decide on which one to get into.

This will probably be 3 years before all those options are available.
My dilemma is should I buy a 13 ZCP M3 coupe, and leave her stock (aside for exhaust, possibly tune) Or should I spend that money on a nice suspension setup and possibly VT1 SC. (I already have Eis Sport, HRE wheels and Brembo BBK)

Tough Decision. Oh I have DCT, and I'd move to a 6MT.

What would you guys do?
CSanto is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2013, 07:30 PM   #37
AshyLarryMP
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 MW E92 ZCP DCT
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: San Diego

Posts: 401
iTrader: (0)

This car is good enough and rare enough to be a collectors item. I wish I could afford keep a stock 2013 locked up in a garage somewhere for storage. The electric cars are coming...people are going to miss the good ole days.
AshyLarryMP is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2013, 07:46 PM   #38
YellowMellow
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E91, E93, E46, 9974CS, 997TT
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Jupiter

Posts: 220
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshyLarryMP View Post
This car is good enough and rare enough to be a collectors item. I wish I could afford keep a stock 2013 locked up in a garage somewhere for storage. The electric cars are coming...people are going to miss the good ole days.

Collectors? Thats what they said about E46 M
YellowMellow is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #39
sycd
Lieutenant
 
sycd's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 M3 ZCP DCT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 409
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark12345 View Post
keep the '09 and wait for M4.
M4 will be desirable. as I understand it, the M4 will be lighter and stay true to the M heritage
It will have the best fake engine noise you've ever heard!!!

__________________
2013 X5 xDrive50i | Carbon Black | M Sport + M Perf, 333M Wheels
Sold: 2012 E92 M3 | Jet Black, Fox Red/Black | DCT, ZCP
sycd is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2013, 09:53 PM   #40
YellowMellow
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E91, E93, E46, 9974CS, 997TT
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Jupiter

Posts: 220
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycd View Post
It will have the best fake engine noise you've ever heard!!!

LOL...because its a turbo? Regardless, every iteration of the M3 the performance has been raised. Its evolution man...
YellowMellow is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2013, 10:03 PM   #41
Vic311
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 e92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NY

Posts: 1,469
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshyLarryMP View Post
This car is good enough and rare enough to be a collectors item. I wish I could afford keep a stock 2013 locked up in a garage somewhere for storage. The electric cars are coming...people are going to miss the good ole days.
So true..

The muscle and classic car car era guys thought to do the same thing..and look at what those cars are trading at now

No where to go but up..because these things are never coming back.
Vic311 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2013, 10:04 PM   #42
YellowMellow
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E91, E93, E46, 9974CS, 997TT
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Jupiter

Posts: 220
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic311 View Post
So true..

The muscle and classic car car era guys thought to do the same thing..and look what those cars are trading at now

No where to go but up..because things are never coming back.
Nahh...it will come and go. Look at the American muscle cars...V6's were the rage, now its all about V8's and force induction
YellowMellow is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2013, 10:59 PM   #43
AshyLarryMP
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 MW E92 ZCP DCT
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: San Diego

Posts: 401
iTrader: (0)

I think a car has to be rare to really be worth something. I know unmolested buick grand nationals with low miles fetch a good price. The GNXs with low miles are really worth a lot though. They only made like 500 of those and they cost twice as much for just a few hp gains. Stock upgraded inner cooler, turbo and exhaust in 1987 is kind of rare.
AshyLarryMP is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2013, 11:08 PM   #44
MRSSIIM3
General
 
MRSSIIM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 e92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,279
iTrader: (5)

2013 > 2011. just went through your whole thought process, got a 2013 and havent been happier
__________________
Current: 2015 M4, SSII / SO
Current: 2013 E92 M3, SSII, Black extended, ZCP, fully loaded
Mods: Black Hood Vents, Black Grilles, Black Side Grilles, Lux H8 v. 4.0, CF Mirrors, CF Spoiler, Black ///M Emblem, Evolve Tune, Dinan CF Intake, Dinan Pulley, Akrapovic GT4
Retired: 2011.5 E92 M3, SSII
MRSSIIM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST