BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-28-2012, 11:16 PM   #1
cntgetm3
Private First Class
 
cntgetm3's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Jville, NC

Posts: 160
iTrader: (0)

Pyspeed

What happened to pyspeed on this forum?
__________________
Lux v3, IND, V1 Hardwire, ZHP lighted shift knob, Megan Racing Axel Back, Custom race x-pipe, MS filter, Arkym Diffuser, OEM Carbon Lip Spoiler, and still more to come.
cntgetm3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-28-2012, 11:20 PM   #2
BMW Fanatic
Banned
 
Drives: slow
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary

Posts: 3,314
iTrader: (11)

Who cares?
BMW Fanatic is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-28-2012, 11:23 PM   #3
Endless619
DHS
 
Endless619's Avatar
 
Drives: bmw x5, m3, Acura TL
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Disneyland

Posts: 3,919
iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntgetm3 View Post
What happened to pyspeed on this forum?
Appears they were banned from the forums. Not sure if its temporary or permanent.
Endless619 is offline   Spain
0
Reply With Quote
      12-28-2012, 11:26 PM   #4
schnell325
Bored at work....
 
schnell325's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 M3,'11 335xi
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BC

Posts: 3,860
iTrader: (5)

This might shed some light:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719100
__________________
'08 M3: AA G2L3, Catless X-Pipe & Sig Series Rear. AP rods. TC Kline EDC Coil Overs. MRF Alum Sub Frame Bushings. TMS Delrin Diff'l Bushings. BFI Motor Mounts. Recaro PP. BMW Perf Steering Wheel. P3 Gauge. PS Overflow Kit. APEX ARC-8 18"x9.5"/10.5". Conti Slicks 275/35F 305/30R. Stoptech Pads/SS Lines. Cantrell Brake Ducts.
http://5252motorsports.blogspot.ca/2...3-sleeper.html
schnell325 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-29-2012, 07:29 AM   #5
Stronghammer
Lieutenant
 
Stronghammer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: May 2011
Location: south carolina

Posts: 580
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic View Post
Who cares?
I do. If the mods have really banned these guys they should let us know. I have purchased from PYSpeed in the past. However I am aware of all the recent bad press they have been getting on here. I would like to know if there is something more going on with these guys
__________________
2011 E92 M3 MR July 11 ED Sept 11 PCD
Mods: ESS VT1, MS test pipes, 19 BBS CH-R, Eibach pro springs, Painted reflectors, carbon fiber grills, Painted side markers with dark tinted lenses, 30% tint, Arkym rear diffuser, Innotech axle back exhaust, Performance spoiler
Stronghammer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-29-2012, 03:47 PM   #6
konaforever
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2009 Red GTR
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 234
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronghammer View Post
I do. If the mods have really banned these guys they should let us know. I have purchased from PYSpeed in the past. However I am aware of all the recent bad press they have been getting on here. I would like to know if there is something more going on with these guys
+1 more info is always better!
konaforever is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #7
Vic311
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 e92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NY

Posts: 1,469
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic View Post
Who cares?
THIS
Vic311 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-29-2012, 04:20 PM   #8
Vic311
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 e92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NY

Posts: 1,469
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronghammer View Post
I do. If the mods have really banned these guys they should let us know.
Since when do mods tell us when they have banned people ..oh I know..uuuhh ..Never
Vic311 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-29-2012, 04:22 PM   #9
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
 
tbone28's Avatar
 
Drives: ^^^^^
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 2,055
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic View Post
Who cares?
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronghammer View Post
I do. If the mods have really banned these guys they should let us know. I have purchased from PYSpeed in the past. However I am aware of all the recent bad press they have been getting on here. I would like to know if there is something more going on with these guys
I think getting banned should tell you all you need to know
tbone28 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-29-2012, 05:24 PM   #10
jpan08
Second Lieutenant
 
jpan08's Avatar
 
Drives: e36 M3, e92 M3, Ninja 300
Join Date: May 2007
Location: West Hartford, CT/ Boston, MA

Posts: 208
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic View Post
Who cares?
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronghammer View Post
I do. If the mods have really banned these guys they should let us know. I have purchased from PYSpeed in the past. However I am aware of all the recent bad press they have been getting on here. I would like to know if there is something more going on with these guys
I think getting banned should tell you all you need to know
Yes. I have had an unpleasant transaction with them.
jpan08 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #11
BMW Fanatic
Banned
 
Drives: slow
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary

Posts: 3,314
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronghammer View Post
I do. If the mods have really banned these guys they should let us know. I have purchased from PYSpeed in the past. However I am aware of all the recent bad press they have been getting on here. I would like to know if there is something more going on with these guys
You purchased items in the past? Were your items in good condition, if so, do you have any more business going on with them? If not, then like I said who cares.
BMW Fanatic is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #12
BMW Fanatic
Banned
 
Drives: slow
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary

Posts: 3,314
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
I think getting banned should tell you all you need to know
+1
BMW Fanatic is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-29-2012, 07:57 PM   #13
M3SQRD
Colonel
 
M3SQRD's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3s, R56 Cooper S
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: EC

Posts: 2,441
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic View Post
+1
+2
M3SQRD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-29-2012, 09:03 PM   #14
donovan
Brigadier General
 
donovan's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 m3 AW, light package
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: le' Murica

Posts: 3,470
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell325 View Post
Ugly ass hood any damn way..
__________________


e46 m3 Black
Too many mods
donovan is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2012, 09:09 AM   #15
WarrantyTracker
Track? What Track? I was just riding along . . .
 
Drives: Alpine White E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: An Undisclosed Location

Posts: 557
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic311 View Post
Since when do mods tell us when they have banned people ..oh I know..uuuhh ..Never
According to the forum, bobby@pyspeed is banned.

When a user is banned, look at his old posts. His or her forum status will show "Banned".
WarrantyTracker is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2012, 12:10 PM   #16
tico1028
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 - JB
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Miami

Posts: 379
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
I think getting banned should tell you all you need to know
Right, because we should just blindly believe those in power. That's like saying we shouldn't question a third-world dictator executing a citizen- the government did it, so that's all you need to know.

That being said, I've never seen the mods here act inappropriately, so I'm sure there is a valid reason.
tico1028 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2012, 12:47 PM   #17
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
 
tbone28's Avatar
 
Drives: ^^^^^
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 2,055
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tico1028 View Post
Right, because we should just blindly believe those in power. That's like saying we shouldn't question a third-world dictator executing a citizen- the government did it, so that's all you need to know.

That being said, I've never seen the mods here act inappropriately, so I'm sure there is a valid reason.
Well, "those in power" on forums, not just this one, often times give paying sponsors more leeway, the benefit of the doubt, or whatever term you'd like to insert here. And so for the forum to actually ban the sponsor tells me more than I need to know. I've personally had a bad experience with Sean@PYSpeed. I never purchased because I felt his business style shady.

Reading through many of the PYSpeed threads, it seems shadiness is prevalent in their business practice. It seems they try to see what they can get away with. When called out, *that* is when they do the right thing, which IMO is too late. A well run business should do the right thing *from* the beginning, and not try and see what they can squeeze out of a prospective client, be called out on that, and then post publicly a solution which should have been offered before all the back and forth that happened prior to said unhappy client posting a negative feedback thread.
tbone28 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2012, 02:09 PM   #18
tico1028
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 - JB
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Miami

Posts: 379
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
Well, "those in power" on forums, not just this one, often times give paying sponsors more leeway, the benefit of the doubt, or whatever term you'd like to insert here. And so for the forum to actually ban the sponsor tells me more than I need to know. I've personally had a bad experience with Sean@PYSpeed. I never purchased because I felt his business style shady.

Reading through many of the PYSpeed threads, it seems shadiness is prevalent in their business practice. It seems they try to see what they can get away with. When called out, *that* is when they do the right thing, which IMO is too late. A well run business should do the right thing *from* the beginning, and not try and see what they can squeeze out of a prospective client, be called out on that, and then post publicly a solution which should have been offered before all the back and forth that happened prior to said unhappy client posting a negative feedback thread.

And I agree with you, only after one conducts due diligence. A simple ban on a forum does not tell you anything about the sponsor, other than that the forum and the sponsor had a disagreement. It does not attribute fault one way or the other.

As I stated, I have no dog in the fight, and I am not vouching for other side. All I am saying is that you can't simply say PYSpeed is in the wrong simply because it was banned.
tico1028 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2012, 02:22 PM   #19
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
 
tbone28's Avatar
 
Drives: ^^^^^
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 2,055
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tico1028 View Post
And I agree with you, only after one conducts due diligence. A simple ban on a forum does not tell you anything about the sponsor, other than that the forum and the sponsor had a disagreement. It does not attribute fault one way or the other.

As I stated, I have no dog in the fight, and I am not vouching for other side. All I am saying is that you can't simply say PYSpeed is in the wrong simply because it was banned.
Only tells me there was a disagreement? And not that the sponsor violated forum rules? ummm, okay. If so, then I think many ppl here should be banned because many ppl "disagree" with how the ppl in power run things.
tbone28 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2012, 02:53 PM   #20
larryn
Major General
 
Drives: '97 332ti, '10 E92 M3
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Seattle

Posts: 8,439
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
Only tells me there was a disagreement? And not that the sponsor violated forum rules? ummm, okay. If so, then I think many ppl here should be banned because many ppl "disagree" with how the ppl in power run things.
I was one of the main moderators on 1addicts for a few years (the 1 series portion of these forums), and although many of the sponsors were great, some were royal pains in the ass, pressing your buttons, and pushing the envelope. 99.99% of us do not see what happens in those circumstances.

I have high respect for integrity of the volunteer staff of this humongous site.
larryn is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #21
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
 
tbone28's Avatar
 
Drives: ^^^^^
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 2,055
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
I was one of the main moderators on 1addicts for a few years (the 1 series portion of these forums), and although many of the sponsors were great, some were royal pains in the ass, pressing your buttons, and pushing the envelope. 99.99% of us do not see what happens in those circumstances.

I have high respect for integrity of the volunteer staff of this humongous site.
So are you saying that annoying a moderator is enough reason to get banned?
tbone28 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2012, 03:13 PM   #22
larryn
Major General
 
Drives: '97 332ti, '10 E92 M3
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Seattle

Posts: 8,439
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
So are you saying that annoying a moderator is enough reason to get banned?
Not at all, but it's certainly not intended to be a democracy either. There are owners, and the wishes of the owners are available to members, and another set available to vendors. If somebody gets banned, whether it be a member of a vendor, there was a good reason for it, and unless it was a particularly nasty offense, folks were given warnings beforehand.
larryn is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST