BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

07-26-2012, 07:45 PM   #23
AKW777
Rep

Drives: 330i E46

guys did anyone know where i can find gearbox getrag BMW 6 speed full kit. PLZ
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2012, 01:41 AM   #24
chief
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2008 Melbourne Red M3 Coupe

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [4.67]
Well, the leaking hose was replaced today. Took the mech nearly the quoted 7 hours to complete the job. To the best of my recollection, he had to remove the tranny (the top connection for the hose is above the trans), replace the hose, install the tranny, clean it all up, check for any other leaks, and test for any faults. I took the car out and ran it hard for about 15 minutes, working through the various shift programs and all seems good to go.

Chief
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 06:06 AM   #25
PurM3
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: M3 vert

I was just told by my mechanics that my car had this problem and the car is out of warranty. I'm hoping that I don't have to replace the whole tranny. If that's the case I might just have to dump it.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 10:05 AM   #26
Ilia@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurM3 View Post
I was just told by my mechanics that my car had this problem and the car is out of warranty. I'm hoping that I don't have to replace the whole tranny. If that's the case I might just have to dump it.
If it is only the hoses that are leaking, they are relatively inexpensive to purchase, and not all that difficult to replace for a skilled mechanic.

The entire trans does not have to come out to replace the hoses. It's possible to change them without moving the trans at all (this is how our techs perform the work), but if you want to make the work a bit easier you can loosen the crossmember, put the trans on a screw jack, and lower it slightly to provide more space.
      12-21-2012, 05:48 AM   #27
Raucky2000
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: SGM E90 M3 dct

Just thinking about the smg tranny makes me wanna
Hopefully they get it fixed in a hurry for you
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 07:47 AM   #28
e90m3japan
Second Lieutenant
Japan
Rep

Drives: e90 m3 melbourne Red Metallic

I had this problem last year, twice. First, I put the car into yearly maintenance and they told me the hoses were leaking and they replaced it. And second time, I took it in for a software update and they told me it was leaking again. So they replaced it and they told me if it keeps on leaking that they had to replace the tranny. Because, they figure that it wasn't just the hose it was the screw thread on the tranny its self.
Hope yours get settled soon.