BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia
 
PYSPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-28-2012, 06:26 AM   #1
Totti
Troll
Totti's Avatar
Italy
24
Rep
1,192
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Best detailers?

Hi guys,

Want to take the swirls out of my car and give it a good detail + wax. Who are the go-to guys in Melb? I live inner Eastern, and the only name I have is Final Inspection.


Anyone I should be looking at? I want to get it schmicked up before my Gintani exhaust arrives in the next couple of weeks.
__________________
BMW E92 M3 Coupe | Jerez Black | Fox Red Extended / Carbon Black Trim| Fully Loaded | Moonroof | 6MT | Gintani Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_TRADER
Use the stick like u would a manual. If that doesn't work, put it in D mode and put both hands at 10 and 2. If that doesn't work, just sit on your right hand.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 08:07 AM   #2
TWD
Australia
21
Rep
1,068
Posts

 
Drives: All sorts of Cars
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totti View Post
Hi guys,

Want to take the swirls out of my car and give it a good detail + wax. Who are the go-to guys in Melb? I live inner Eastern, and the only name I have is Final Inspection.


Anyone I should be looking at? I want to get it schmicked up before my Gintani exhaust arrives in the next couple of weeks.
Just take it to Damian @ FI.

I might come down to Melbourne from time to time, but not in the next 2 weeks...
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 08:27 AM   #3
DaveDee
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
DaveDee's Avatar
Australia
19
Rep
731
Posts


 
Drives: E92 M3 Edition M-DCT
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gold Coast Australia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Send a message via Skype™ to DaveDee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totti View Post
Hi guys,

Want to take the swirls out of my car and give it a good detail + wax. Who are the go-to guys in Melb? I live inner Eastern, and the only name I have is Final Inspection.


Anyone I should be looking at? I want to get it schmicked up before my Gintani exhaust arrives in the next couple of weeks.
One of Brisbane's best Detailiers (Dulvari Prestige) is coming to track day tomorrow as a photographer,Ill ask him if he has contacts in Melbourne and get baclk to you
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #4
Tomislav
Panty Schtuffer
Australia
3
Rep
265
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD View Post
Just take it to Damian @ FI.

I might come down to Melbourne from time to time, but not in the next 2 weeks...
I have at least 5 cars guarantee'd for you to do.
__________________
.: 2010 E71 X6M - stock, daily driver, towcar :.
.: 2008 E92 M3 - 6MT, Carbon Roof, Eibach Springs, Megan Axle Back exhaust :.
.: 1997 E36 323i Frankenstein - too much to list, track whore, stripped, caged, MoTeC, S85B50 :.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #5
Totti
Troll
Totti's Avatar
Italy
24
Rep
1,192
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD View Post
Just take it to Damian @ FI.

I might come down to Melbourne from time to time, but not in the next 2 weeks...
Ok, how about 4? Seriously you would have at least another 2 cars from me.
__________________
BMW E92 M3 Coupe | Jerez Black | Fox Red Extended / Carbon Black Trim| Fully Loaded | Moonroof | 6MT | Gintani Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_TRADER
Use the stick like u would a manual. If that doesn't work, put it in D mode and put both hands at 10 and 2. If that doesn't work, just sit on your right hand.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #6
ole85
Second Lieutenant
ole85's Avatar
Greece
5
Rep
220
Posts

 
Drives: e92 m3/ Ferrari360
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: melbourne

iTrader: (0)

another 1 here
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #7
TWD
Australia
21
Rep
1,068
Posts

 
Drives: All sorts of Cars
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Sounds good!

Unfortunately I have a 360 CS for the Ferrari Concourse in September and a few other cars that been booked for months in advance. Sydney is pretty busy as it is!

Maybe I should set up a trip end of the year? PM me if interested (if you can wait that long!!)

In the mean time, check out:

Damian @ Final Inspection
Mario @ EuroGloss Prestige
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #8
Totti
Troll
Totti's Avatar
Italy
24
Rep
1,192
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post
One of Brisbane's best Detailiers (Dulvari Prestige) is coming to track day tomorrow as a photographer,Ill ask him if he has contacts in Melbourne and get baclk to you
Thanks buddy. Hope you're tearing it up!


Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD View Post
Sounds good!

Unfortunately I have a 360 CS for the Ferrari Concourse in September and a few other cars that been booked for months in advance. Sydney is pretty busy as it is!

Maybe I should set up a trip end of the year? PM me if interested (if you can wait that long!!)

In the mean time, check out:

Damian @ Final Inspection
Mario @ EuroGloss Prestige
Thanks mate wil check em out.
Is it a good idea to go through a full detail for a car that is so young? I've heard too much polishing is bad as it will remove percentages of clear coat etc. Pardon my ignorance.
__________________
BMW E92 M3 Coupe | Jerez Black | Fox Red Extended / Carbon Black Trim| Fully Loaded | Moonroof | 6MT | Gintani Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_TRADER
Use the stick like u would a manual. If that doesn't work, put it in D mode and put both hands at 10 and 2. If that doesn't work, just sit on your right hand.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 09:25 AM   #9
M308
New Member
M308's Avatar
Australia
0
Rep
25
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Adelaide

iTrader: (0)

I've personally had a bit of work done by Mario on mine, and his results are nothing short of amazing

http://www.euroglossprestige.com.au/

Tell him Scott in Adelaide recommended him
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 10:40 PM   #10
rayz
Lieutenant
Australia
5
Rep
416
Posts

 
Drives: E90 323
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (4)

Worth checking out Mitch at immaculate reflections too.

Both Mario and Mitch are experienced in applying opticoat, which is a ceramic clear coat sealent.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 10:48 PM   #11
Totti
Troll
Totti's Avatar
Italy
24
Rep
1,192
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Thanks guys i'll give them both a buzz.
__________________
BMW E92 M3 Coupe | Jerez Black | Fox Red Extended / Carbon Black Trim| Fully Loaded | Moonroof | 6MT | Gintani Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_TRADER
Use the stick like u would a manual. If that doesn't work, put it in D mode and put both hands at 10 and 2. If that doesn't work, just sit on your right hand.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #12
Totti
Troll
Totti's Avatar
Italy
24
Rep
1,192
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Car booked in with Mario for next week. I'll post up the resultant photos
__________________
BMW E92 M3 Coupe | Jerez Black | Fox Red Extended / Carbon Black Trim| Fully Loaded | Moonroof | 6MT | Gintani Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_TRADER
Use the stick like u would a manual. If that doesn't work, put it in D mode and put both hands at 10 and 2. If that doesn't work, just sit on your right hand.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 04:52 PM   #13
DaveDee
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
DaveDee's Avatar
Australia
19
Rep
731
Posts


 
Drives: E92 M3 Edition M-DCT
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gold Coast Australia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Send a message via Skype™ to DaveDee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totti View Post
Car booked in with Mario for next week. I'll post up the resultant photos
Look forward to seeing the pics
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #14
Totti
Troll
Totti's Avatar
Italy
24
Rep
1,192
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post
Look forward to seeing the pics
Although Dave knowing me, don't hold your breathe haha
__________________
BMW E92 M3 Coupe | Jerez Black | Fox Red Extended / Carbon Black Trim| Fully Loaded | Moonroof | 6MT | Gintani Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_TRADER
Use the stick like u would a manual. If that doesn't work, put it in D mode and put both hands at 10 and 2. If that doesn't work, just sit on your right hand.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 07:35 PM   #15
TWD
Australia
21
Rep
1,068
Posts

 
Drives: All sorts of Cars
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totti View Post
Thanks mate wil check em out.
Is it a good idea to go through a full detail for a car that is so young? I've heard too much polishing is bad as it will remove percentages of clear coat etc. Pardon my ignorance.
Sorry for the late response, didn't see your reply until now.

See what Mario recommends and go from there. He has enough experience to tell you what needs to be done. I've seen new cars that look worst than 10 year old cars. Every car is a different case, but a quick polish is perfect to clean and correct the paintwork before applying a sealant/wax.

On another note....I'm coming down to Melbourne this weekend, but for holidays!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 11:49 PM   #16
Totti
Troll
Totti's Avatar
Italy
24
Rep
1,192
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD View Post
Sorry for the late response, didn't see your reply until now.

See what Mario recommends and go from there. He has enough experience to tell you what needs to be done. I've seen new cars that look worst than 10 year old cars. Every car is a different case, but a quick polish is perfect to clean and correct the paintwork before applying a sealant/wax.

On another note....I'm coming down to Melbourne this weekend, but for holidays!
Thanks buddy. Mario is at my house now actually doing Day 1 of 2. Can't wait to see end result and certainly a great xmas present from myself. He went with an XO coat in the end (Out of Opticoat any one other) - I just left it to him he has more experience than I can on the call.
__________________
BMW E92 M3 Coupe | Jerez Black | Fox Red Extended / Carbon Black Trim| Fully Loaded | Moonroof | 6MT | Gintani Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_TRADER
Use the stick like u would a manual. If that doesn't work, put it in D mode and put both hands at 10 and 2. If that doesn't work, just sit on your right hand.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 05:29 AM   #17
TWD
Australia
21
Rep
1,068
Posts

 
Drives: All sorts of Cars
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totti View Post
Thanks buddy. Mario is at my house now actually doing Day 1 of 2. Can't wait to see end result and certainly a great xmas present from myself. He went with an XO coat in the end (Out of Opticoat any one other) - I just left it to him he has more experience than I can on the call.
Looking forward to seeing it
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 11:04 PM   #18
Totti
Troll
Totti's Avatar
Italy
24
Rep
1,192
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Well as usual by the time I get around to taking decent shots it rains. Well what can I say but the coat Mario applied ( I forgot the name) beaded the rain straight off and my car is virtually as if just washed again.

I also bought a Concours PA Foam Lance to go on my Karcher and some of the blizzard snow to give a wash on Sunday. Tapping dry with microfibre means little to no contact with paint.

See attacehd quick iPhone pic
Attached Images
 
__________________
BMW E92 M3 Coupe | Jerez Black | Fox Red Extended / Carbon Black Trim| Fully Loaded | Moonroof | 6MT | Gintani Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_TRADER
Use the stick like u would a manual. If that doesn't work, put it in D mode and put both hands at 10 and 2. If that doesn't work, just sit on your right hand.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST