BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-06-2012, 05:46 PM   #1
ms372
White Shark
 
ms372's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92 m3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal

Posts: 905
iTrader: (0)

Supercharged m3 in montreal

Does anyone have a supercharger on his m3 in Montreal ? i know there is frozen black AA 625 done by Vagmotorsport any others ?
__________________
ESS | Challenge x-pipe | Akrapovic | Stoptech BBK (380/355) |Ohlins R&T | Dinan | Vorsteiner | Downforce USA | Varis Diffuser | Gintani | UUC | BMW Performance | Macht Schnell | Forgestar F14's SDC 19x9.5F 19x11R | 255.35 295.30

ms372 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2012, 02:09 AM   #2
montreal red
chris
 
montreal red's Avatar
 
Drives: White Boat
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 12,122
iTrader: (31)

Send a message via MSN to montreal red
there was an AA supercharged e93 (convertible) m3 running around montreal a while back. not sure if he still owns the car. the owner doesnt visit this forum very often.

you thinking of getting a kit installed on your m3??
__________________

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2013 GLK350
997.1 GT3RS (gone)
2009 WRX STI (gone)
e92 M3 (gone)
montreal red is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2012, 11:44 AM   #3
ms372
White Shark
 
ms372's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92 m3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal

Posts: 905
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal red View Post
there was an AA supercharged e93 (convertible) m3 running around montreal a while back. not sure if he still owns the car. the owner doesnt visit this forum very often.

you thinking of getting a kit installed on your m3??
after being full bolt on i think thats the only option but im still finding a good reason to do it.
__________________
ESS | Challenge x-pipe | Akrapovic | Stoptech BBK (380/355) |Ohlins R&T | Dinan | Vorsteiner | Downforce USA | Varis Diffuser | Gintani | UUC | BMW Performance | Macht Schnell | Forgestar F14's SDC 19x9.5F 19x11R | 255.35 295.30

ms372 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2012, 10:48 PM   #4
montreal red
chris
 
montreal red's Avatar
 
Drives: White Boat
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 12,122
iTrader: (31)

Send a message via MSN to montreal red
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms372 View Post
after being full bolt on i think thats the only option but im still finding a good reason to do it.
if i didnt sell my m3 this year, i would have installed the ESS kit... you are right... supercharging is the only real way to get more power from that wonderful v8.

now that there are quite a few supercharged cars out there. the kits seem to be pretty reliable.
__________________

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2013 GLK350
997.1 GT3RS (gone)
2009 WRX STI (gone)
e92 M3 (gone)
montreal red is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2012, 11:07 PM   #5
ms372
White Shark
 
ms372's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92 m3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal

Posts: 905
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal red View Post
if i didnt sell my m3 this year, i would have installed the ESS kit... you are right... supercharging is the only real way to get more power from that wonderful v8.

now that there are quite a few supercharged cars out there. the kits seem to be pretty reliable.
true that.. ESS would be my first pick as it has been proven and i been running their tune for some time with no issues.

you sold your car to fahed if im right its seems to be the same car, by the way good choice on the Pcar the color stands out too.
__________________
ESS | Challenge x-pipe | Akrapovic | Stoptech BBK (380/355) |Ohlins R&T | Dinan | Vorsteiner | Downforce USA | Varis Diffuser | Gintani | UUC | BMW Performance | Macht Schnell | Forgestar F14's SDC 19x9.5F 19x11R | 255.35 295.30

ms372 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2012, 01:05 PM   #6
Twinbo
First Lieutenant
 
Twinbo's Avatar
 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Calgary

Posts: 351
iTrader: (0)

There is a guy in Gatineau who is blown I believe. I thought I saw him talking about his ESS625 kit. Gat is 2 hours away from Montreal right?

EDIT: The user is Alex07M3 and he has the VT-535 kit in Gatineau.

Last edited by Twinbo; 12-10-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Twinbo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2012, 04:37 PM   #7
ms372
White Shark
 
ms372's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92 m3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal

Posts: 905
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinbo View Post
There is a guy in Gatineau who is blown I believe. I thought I saw him talking about his ESS625 kit. Gat is 2 hours away from Montreal right?

EDIT: The user is Alex07M3 and he has the VT-535 kit in Gatineau.

yes Alex just got his VT-535 this summer from what i remember and Gatineau is 2 hours away, right next to Ottawa.

i thinks VT-535 (VT-550 now) is the best choice for the power as all the power from the other supercharger comes around 140km and a 550 will have a better traction and be on the same level up to 130ish.
__________________
ESS | Challenge x-pipe | Akrapovic | Stoptech BBK (380/355) |Ohlins R&T | Dinan | Vorsteiner | Downforce USA | Varis Diffuser | Gintani | UUC | BMW Performance | Macht Schnell | Forgestar F14's SDC 19x9.5F 19x11R | 255.35 295.30

ms372 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2012, 04:51 PM   #8
Twinbo
First Lieutenant
 
Twinbo's Avatar
 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Calgary

Posts: 351
iTrader: (0)

I see what you are thinking but I belive the 550 kit doesn't come with an intercooler. I would double check on that (PM Roman@ESS) as that would be a deciding factor for me.
Twinbo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2012, 04:56 PM   #9
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

Posts: 3,364
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal red View Post
there was an AA supercharged e93 (convertible) m3 running around montreal a while back. not sure if he still owns the car. the owner doesnt visit this forum very often.

you thinking of getting a kit installed on your m3??
His car is actually here in Miami while he is on vacation !

Check out our level 1 if you are interested in a kit. Its intercooled
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #10
j2m
Colonel
 
j2m's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Calgary, Ab

Posts: 2,452
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms372 View Post
after being full bolt on i think thats the only option but im still finding a good reason to do it.
My gas mileage went up 2MPG after blower
DO IT
__________________

11' E92 M3 Space Grey | DCT | ESS VT2- 625 | Gintani Race (valved) + Quad Res Catless X-Pipe | KW Sleeve's | GC Camber Plates|Arkym Diffuser | Vorsteiner VRS Lip | P3 Boost Guage | Stud Conversion
PHOTO's: Click Here ESS VT2 625 PHOTOS: Click Here
j2m is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2012, 07:22 PM   #11
Alex07M3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: e92 m3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gatineau

Posts: 1,892
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 e92 M3  [5.00]
Hi everyone, sorry if I did'nt answer before, I thought he only wanted to hear from folks in Montreal but since we're talking about me... Yes I have a VT1-535 and I love it!! It's not intercooled but since it only runs 4.5-5psi, supposely it does'nt need one and from my own experience with the kit, heat as not been an issue! Like Roman or AJ from ESS already said in an other thread, there's plenty of stock supercharged engines that are not intercooled!
__________________
ESS VT1, M Performance exhaust, Turner test pipes, Eibach, Michelin PSS 255/295
Alex07M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2012, 08:21 PM   #12
ms372
White Shark
 
ms372's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92 m3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal

Posts: 905
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
Hi everyone, sorry if I did'nt answer before, I thought he only wanted to hear from folks in Montreal but since we're talking about me... Yes I have a VT1-535 and I love it!! It's not intercooled but since it only runs 4.5-5psi, supposely it does'nt need one and from my own experience with the kit, heat as not been an issue! Like Roman or AJ from ESS already said in an other thread, there's plenty of stock supercharged engines that are not intercooled!
as Alex said intercooler is not need in this kit also the weather here is pretty good and we dont get crazy heat and humidity to worry about things heating.

by the way have you upgraded your tune to the 550 Alex ?
__________________
ESS | Challenge x-pipe | Akrapovic | Stoptech BBK (380/355) |Ohlins R&T | Dinan | Vorsteiner | Downforce USA | Varis Diffuser | Gintani | UUC | BMW Performance | Macht Schnell | Forgestar F14's SDC 19x9.5F 19x11R | 255.35 295.30

ms372 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2012, 08:30 PM   #13
Alex07M3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: e92 m3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gatineau

Posts: 1,892
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 e92 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms372 View Post
as Alex said intercooler is not need in this kit also the weather here is pretty good and we dont get crazy heat and humidity to worry about things heating.

by the way have you upgraded your tune to the 550 Alex ?
nop, not sure if it's only a tune that I need to do the upgrade, if yes, I'll get it at the beginning of Spring when I'll install my test pipes and a tune to go with it!
__________________
ESS VT1, M Performance exhaust, Turner test pipes, Eibach, Michelin PSS 255/295
Alex07M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST