BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

VF Engineering

11-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #23
Optherion
Lieutenant

Drives: Prancing Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone Chris View Post
You could charge the whole car on an Amex card; however, I'm sure they'll be calling you as the card gets declined initially. Once you verify the transaction they should let the charge through. Just be ready to pay it in full within 30 days.
Most dealers will not do this. Most will not even take a $5,000 deposit on CC because of the fee's they are charged. If they have 3% CC fee's and Amex is usually higher than that, they could be looking at $1,500 lost on the deal. My dealer doesn't take more than $2,000 on a credit card.

However, my Wells Fargo Platinum actually sent me a check book and allows me to write a check and use the credit card account as if it was a checking account. There is 14% interest if you don't pay it off in 30 days and each check gets a one time fee of $25. However I made a down payment of $25,000 and then paid it off right away. Netted me a nice set of airline tickets first class to Hawaii. Not bad for $25
      11-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #24
kscarrol
Colonel

Drives: 2011 E90 M3

While I agree that based on my credit line w/ Amex I could technically charge the entire price of the car, no BMW dealer here in the states will allow you to do it. Optherion is spot on that the fees cut into the profit and that dealers will limit the amount they will allow you to charge.
kscarrol is offline   United_States
      11-29-2012, 09:11 PM   #25
Johndong888
John

Drives: '12 AW/FR M3 & '14 F15 X5

Send a message via Skype™ to Johndong888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone Chris View Post
Doesn't the black cost about 20k per year? And I think you need to make half a million bucks a year just to get it.

If I had time to travel more, I would definetly get the platnium, however, I can't justify the $600+ annual fee. I'll just stick with my green card for now, and keep raking up those reward points. I should have a free 7 day cruise for 2 in about a years time.

Black cost roughly 2.5k a year. I believe the initial fee is now 10k (including first year fee due upfront). Platinum is really nice for the price. I think that's $450 a year. I use to travel really frequently but not so much now and I still find use for these cards. You're definitely right, it's much more so for travel use though.

Current - 2012 AW/FR E92 M3 - DCT w EDC, ZPP w Tech, Apps, Enhanced Sound, SAT.
Mods - BPMTune Stg1, Piano Black, Euro Visors, OEM Performance CF Spoiler + Grills + Pedals, IND Gloss Blk Pkg, Lux V3, ModeCarbon GTS V1 Lip, 19" HRE P40
Sold - 2008 BSM/Black E92 335i - Step, Premium, Sports, Logic7, Comfort, Navi, SAT, Alum.
Johndong888 is offline   United_States
      11-29-2012, 09:14 PM   #26
Johndong888
John

Drives: '12 AW/FR M3 & '14 F15 X5

Send a message via Skype™ to Johndong888
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
While I agree that based on my credit line w/ Amex I could technically charge the entire price of the car, no BMW dealer here in the states will allow you to do it. Optherion is spot on that the fees cut into the profit and that dealers will limit the amount they will allow you to charge.
Yep, it works when you pay MSRP or when there is a markup due to demand. They usually might let you slide at that point. Most dealers wouldn't accept more than 5k especially from AMEX since they charge the most.

Current - 2012 AW/FR E92 M3 - DCT w EDC, ZPP w Tech, Apps, Enhanced Sound, SAT.
Mods - BPMTune Stg1, Piano Black, Euro Visors, OEM Performance CF Spoiler + Grills + Pedals, IND Gloss Blk Pkg, Lux V3, ModeCarbon GTS V1 Lip, 19" HRE P40
Sold - 2008 BSM/Black E92 335i - Step, Premium, Sports, Logic7, Comfort, Navi, SAT, Alum.
Johndong888 is offline   United_States
      11-29-2012, 09:15 PM   #27
6spdg37s
Captain

Drives: none

I <3 my amex cards ! corporate and blue cash right now
      12-07-2012, 10:52 PM   #28
PeterKBMW
Private

Drives: Couple BMW's

As many others have said, our center allows up to 5k on CC.