BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
VF Engineering
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-07-2012, 10:05 AM   #485
b1aze
Just one more taste...
 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Shirley, MA

Posts: 1,419
iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos
chillin on a Friday in my cubicle rocking the fuck out to some Rolling Stones "Miss You".

ooohhh shit, just got hit with some AC/DC "Rock N Roll Train".

my iphone is about 70% turned up right now and i'm the only one here.

dat overtime - dat 54 hour week - dat dat
God if I could manage a 50hr work week, my over time pay would be awesome!! Too bad I'm unmotivated to work that much and the work just isn't there...
b1aze is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 10:07 AM   #486
upstatedoc
Drone Expert
 
upstatedoc's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 BMW 328ix
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY

Posts: 1,341
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
chillin on a Friday in my cubicle rocking the fuck out to some Rolling Stones "Miss You".
You don't miss your patrol car over your cubicle?



Also, for my flu brothers and sisters, I started Tamiflu yesterday and I think it has helped. It has to be started within 48 hrs of onset of symptoms FYI.
__________________
Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/ Countermeasure enthusiast.
2014 Dodge Durango R/T //Diablosports Tuning
upstatedoc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 10:14 AM   #487
passing
hey
 
passing's Avatar
 
Drives: caprice wagon
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: cruisin down the street in my '64

Posts: 397
iTrader: (4)

advil C&S for me. peroxide in ears, tea and honey, etc.
passing is offline   Tanzania
0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 10:18 AM   #488
b1aze
Just one more taste...
 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Shirley, MA

Posts: 1,419
iTrader: (14)

Pats vs Houston this Monday. Should be a great game.
b1aze is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #489
///Mandy
N54 <3
 
///Mandy's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335xi
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Here.

Posts: 1,559
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
chillin on a Friday in my cubicle rocking the fuck out to some Rolling Stones "Miss You".

ooohhh shit, just got hit with some AC/DC "Rock N Roll Train".

my iphone is about 70% turned up right now and i'm the only one here.

dat overtime - dat 54 hour week - dat dat
Nice.
__________________

E90 335xi|Nav pkg|Sport pkg|Dakota leather|Brushed aluminum trim|MTech kit
///Mandy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #490
Wolf
Captain
 
Wolf's Avatar
 
Drives: on hold
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Earth

Posts: 717
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
chillin on a Friday in my cubicle rocking the fuck out to some Rolling Stones "Miss You".

ooohhh shit, just got hit with some AC/DC "Rock N Roll Train".

my iphone is about 70% turned up right now and i'm the only one here.

dat overtime - dat 54 hour week - dat dat
ohh man I wish my work pays the overtime hours... We have to work them for free That's why by 5:30, the office looks like the movie I am legend
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerjph View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
BMW have tapped into this by mirroring typical BMW dynamics and steering communication within the new UKL cars.
You mean massive body roll, a steering system that is not connected to the front wheels, and the engine note played through the speaker system?!?!?!?!
Wolf is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 10:30 AM   #491
upstatedoc
Drone Expert
 
upstatedoc's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 BMW 328ix
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY

Posts: 1,341
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by passing View Post
advil C&S for me. peroxide in ears, tea and honey, etc.
You sir do not have the flu. I couldn't get out of bed for 2 days. Sounds like you have a "cold" or viral syndrome.
__________________
Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/ Countermeasure enthusiast.
2014 Dodge Durango R/T //Diablosports Tuning
upstatedoc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 11:19 AM   #492
Sara504
Lieutenant General
 
Sara504's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Posts: 17,655
iTrader: (6)

Healthy as a horse No cold or flu for meeeeeeee
__________________

2013 335is-Current
2011 335i -Sold 4/13 2006 325i-Sold 7/11
Sara504 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 11:27 AM   #493
b1aze
Just one more taste...
 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Shirley, MA

Posts: 1,419
iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504
Healthy as a horse No cold or flu for meeeeeeee
But horses sleep...
b1aze is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 11:31 AM   #494
Sara504
Lieutenant General
 
Sara504's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Posts: 17,655
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1aze View Post
But horses sleep...
Thread jacking!! My boo boo was sooooo cute when she sleeps
Attached Images
 
__________________

2013 335is-Current
2011 335i -Sold 4/13 2006 325i-Sold 7/11
Sara504 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #495
Litos
Colonel
 
Litos's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

Posts: 2,810
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1aze View Post
God if I could manage a 50hr work week, my over time pay would be awesome!! Too bad I'm unmotivated to work that much and the work just isn't there...
unfortunately i only get paid straight time.

but it's still good....i mean, 28 more hours on your paycheck every 2 weeks feels good man....
__________________
Litos is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #496
Litos
Colonel
 
Litos's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

Posts: 2,810
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1aze View Post
Pats vs Houston this Monday. Should be a great game.
it's gonna be a damn good game.

Pats defense doesn't scare anyone, just as Tom Brady isn't scared of the Texans defense.

Brady's line really needs to eat their Wheaties on Monday because we have a d-line and LB corps full of brutal killers....

JJ Watt is the most destructive and desruptive d-linemen in the NFL.

one sack behind being the league leader and he leads the league in batted balls at the line.

that's why he's known as JJ Swatt....

i'm just a little concerned about our secondary - got two guys back there that rarely play, who will try to cover the sickest slot reciever in the league.

Pats running game is going to be non existent too....
__________________
Litos is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #497
amanda hor$t
Banned
 
Drives: a380
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ny ny

Posts: 208
iTrader: (0)

pretty sure everyone itt earns more than me. my stipend is $1500/month, but i don't do shit for it
amanda hor$t is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 11:46 AM   #498
b1aze
Just one more taste...
 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Shirley, MA

Posts: 1,419
iTrader: (14)

I agree that the run game may be pretty squashed by the Texan's dline, but some of the things we can do with Vareen and Woodhead catching bubble screens can really hurt when youre rushing 4-5 guys.

Have fun trying to jam foster into Wilfork 22 times. Dude is by far the fastest and most agile fat guy in football.

JJoseph might play i heard, but even then, we arent the long bomb team anymore. We got away from the Moss era for a reason.

I really think Welker could be held in check if you really tried. Lloyd isnt a reliable reciever and Gronk is out. Hernandez had stone hands early last game too so getting traction early is going to be huge for the Pats. Or for both teams for that matter.
b1aze is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 11:52 AM   #499
Litos
Colonel
 
Litos's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

Posts: 2,810
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1aze View Post
Have fun trying to jam foster into Wilfork 22 times. Dude is by far the fastest and most agile fat guy in football.
i disagree - Suh is the sickest and fastest and most agile fat guy in the league. probably ever in the NFL. he's Sappesque...

did you see what the Texans did to him - shut his ass down like a kid.

Foster ran for over 100 yards and had 2 TD's - Suh had ZERO tackles in an entire game that went INTO OVERTIME !!! ZERO TACKLES !!!!

big fat guys don't scare us - our o-line is above average eventhough they have taken a small step backwards from last year when they were amongst the elite.
__________________
Litos is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 11:55 AM   #500
b1aze
Just one more taste...
 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Shirley, MA

Posts: 1,419
iTrader: (14)

What are your thoughts on Schuab? Some people think hes above average and some think hes Alex Smith-esque in just general game management. I think hes worlds better than Flacco but not nearly as good as Ryan.
b1aze is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 11:59 AM   #501
Sara504
Lieutenant General
 
Sara504's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Posts: 17,655
iTrader: (6)

Go Saints
__________________

2013 335is-Current
2011 335i -Sold 4/13 2006 325i-Sold 7/11
Sara504 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 12:07 PM   #502
Litos
Colonel
 
Litos's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

Posts: 2,810
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1aze View Post
What are your thoughts on Schuab? Some people think hes above average and some think hes Alex Smith-esque in just general game management. I think hes worlds better than Flacco but not nearly as good as Ryan.
ooohhh man, i've debated this for a couple years - here's my total and unbiased opinion.

Matt Shaub is not elite in the traditional "elite" definition of a QB.

Elite means Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Brees, etc

why ?? because they throw close to 400 yards and 3 TD's week in and week out.

what do all of those QB's have in common ?? they have zero running game, so they are forced to be "the elite guy".

with Shaub, he's elite in other areas where the texans need him to be elite.

1) manage offensive drives
2) don't turn the ball over
3) find open recievers
4) throw for a good percentage

that's it - that will get you 240-250 yards a game, 2 TD's and 0 INT's.

we will accept that every single game because we have the second best RB in the league, with a backup RB that could start for 15 other teams in the NFL.

we're definitely on the same page when you compared him to Alex Smith, because Shaub is Alex Smith and nothing more.

Shaub does have the highest passing yard game this year when he went for 527 yards and 5 TD's in a come from behind overtime victory - we needed every bit of his arm that game.

he was elite in that game, but he's not consistently going to go for over 270 yards a game and throw 4 TD's.

that's not what the current roster calls for as the starting Texans QB....

Shaub is a middle of the pack guy when it comes to numbers, but what he brings to this organization with it's current schemes and roster, is 100% acceptable....
__________________
Litos is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #503
KwlAznKid
Colonel
 
KwlAznKid's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Irvine/Fremont, CA/ University of California San Diego Alum

Posts: 2,228
iTrader: (4)

morning all
__________________

BMW E92 328I / BMW E46 M3 / Mercedes Benz W209 CLK500
BMW E92 335I (sold)/ Porsche 996 911 C2 (sold)/ BMW E46 325CI (totaled)
KwlAznKid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #504
upstatedoc
Drone Expert
 
upstatedoc's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 BMW 328ix
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY

Posts: 1,341
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwlAznKid View Post
morning all
says the guy from cali.
__________________
Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/ Countermeasure enthusiast.
2014 Dodge Durango R/T //Diablosports Tuning
upstatedoc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 01:42 PM   #505
b1aze
Just one more taste...
 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Shirley, MA

Posts: 1,419
iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1aze View Post
What are your thoughts on Schuab? Some people think hes above average and some think hes Alex Smith-esque in just general game management. I think hes worlds better than Flacco but not nearly as good as Ryan.
ooohhh man, i've debated this for a couple years - here's my total and unbiased opinion.

Matt Shaub is not elite in the traditional "elite" definition of a QB.

Elite means Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Brees, etc

why ?? because they throw close to 400 yards and 3 TD's week in and week out.

what do all of those QB's have in common ?? they have zero running game, so they are forced to be "the elite guy".

with Shaub, he's elite in other areas where the texans need him to be elite.

1) manage offensive drives
2) don't turn the ball over
3) find open recievers
4) throw for a good percentage

that's it - that will get you 240-250 yards a game, 2 TD's and 0 INT's.

we will accept that every single game because we have the second best RB in the league, with a backup RB that could start for 15 other teams in the NFL.

we're definitely on the same page when you compared him to Alex Smith, because Shaub is Alex Smith and nothing more.

Shaub does have the highest passing yard game this year when he went for 527 yards and 5 TD's in a come from behind overtime victory - we needed every bit of his arm that game.

he was elite in that game, but he's not consistently going to go for over 270 yards a game and throw 4 TD's.

that's not what the current roster calls for as the starting Texans QB....

Shaub is a middle of the pack guy when it comes to numbers, but what he brings to this organization with it's current schemes and roster, is 100% acceptable....
The reason those QBs are elite is not because the team can't or doesn't run the ball. The reason those teams don't run the ball is because of the QB. The talent doesn't come from a lack of talent in the backfield, the lack of the backfield is because of the talent at QB.
b1aze is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 02:09 PM   #506
Litos
Colonel
 
Litos's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

Posts: 2,810
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1aze View Post
The reason those QBs are elite is not because the team can't or doesn't run the ball. The reason those teams don't run the ball is because of the QB. The talent doesn't come from a lack of talent in the backfield, the lack of the backfield is because of the talent at QB.
tomayto/tomahto


2009 season
Texans were 9-7 record, the first winning record in team history.

he led the league in passing yards (4,770), completions (396), yards per game (298) and passing attempts (583), while finishing fifth in touchdowns (29), compiling a quarterback rating of 98.6.

we did NOT have Arian Foster in the backfield - Shaub and Andre Johsnon were our only offense - he was elite that year.


2010 season
there were high hopes for the Texans with the league's leading passer (in yards) coming back for the 2010 year, but with a crazy 250 something yard rushing game from Foster, Schaub was only 9/17 for 107 yards for a touchdown and an interception in a Week 1 victory against the Indianapolis Colts.

Schaub would finish the season with 4370 passing yards, good for 4th in the league, but the team would finish 6-10 and miss the playoffs because of the worst defense in the league.


2011 season
Schaub started all 10 of the first regular season games, and while not on pace for one of his better seasons statistically, he helped his team reach 7-3, the best start after 10 weeks in franchise history.

Schaub broke his foot in week 10 and was out the rest of the season.


.....today, if Shaub was forced to throw 35-40 times a game, i'm sure he'd lead the league in yards, yards per catch and completion percentage, but the Texans DO NOT need him to throw 40 times a game - they want him to manage the offense and find open recievers....

we have an elite RB and an elite WR - Shaub has done such a good job managing this team, that he has the highest winning percentage out of all QB's in the last 2 seasons...

he's lost once in his past 17 games as a starter, which was earlier this year to the Packers....
__________________
Litos is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST