BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
E92-lighting
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-06-2012, 08:34 PM   #45
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Augenbrauezug's Avatar
16
Rep
657
Posts

 
Drives: mk6 GTI
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Denton

iTrader: (1)

Maybe you should go find some friends and tell them over a beer?
__________________
Bimmer-less ATM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 08:35 PM   #46
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
Colt's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,215
Posts

 
Drives: 08 135i 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUSMU View Post
This.
This.

Who names their kid "B"? Dysfunctional family
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate4641 View Post
looks like unicorn vomit.
For Sale: 08 135i SR 6MT, PTF Tuned
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #47
shah269
Major
United_States
80
Rep
1,009
Posts

 
Drives: 2009
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenbrauezug View Post
Maybe you should go find some friends and tell them over a beer?
Jesus man on my way out....sheesh!

But I think I'm going to have to make my friends promise me that if they ever see me settle for some one who is not my type....to pull me aside and talk to me...and make sure I'm aware that I'm about to make a horrible mistake.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 08:38 PM   #48
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Augenbrauezug's Avatar
16
Rep
657
Posts

 
Drives: mk6 GTI
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Denton

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah269 View Post
Jesus man on my way out....sheesh!

But I think I'm going to have to make my friends promise me that if they ever see me settle for some one who is not my type....to pull me aside and talk to me...and make sure I'm aware that I'm about to make a horrible mistake.
Lol! Didn't mean it quite like that! Just that, obviously, none of us are understanding.
__________________
Bimmer-less ATM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 08:38 PM   #49
shah269
Major
United_States
80
Rep
1,009
Posts

 
Drives: 2009
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by veloziROTHTOR View Post
agree. when you marry someone that matches what you're about (e.g. doctor/doctor, engineer/engineer, etc), it's like having a pair... you double up on yourself. people who choose someone with complementing qualities (e.g. loner/socialite, banker/pastor, etc), not only is the chance of infighting/competition reduced, but the overall area of influence is increased and there may also be synergistic effects.

... it's all i do
So you don't think pairs of equals work out better? Over the long run?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #50
amanda hor$t
Banned
27
Rep
208
Posts

 
Drives: a380
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ny ny

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah269 View Post
So you don't think pairs of equals work out better? Over the long run?
it's the safer play, meaning you're marrying a carbon copy of your opposite sex... which is what most people do. and of course, there will be competition (who's the better actor, brad or jenn?)

it's like... final fantasy 1:
a) 4 fighters
b) fighter, black belt, white mage, black mage

or, what's the better garage:
a) 2 m5 coupes
b) a ferrari spider and a range rover

Last edited by amanda hor$t; 12-06-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 09:38 PM   #51
Litos
Banned
United_States
58
Rep
2,900
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenbrauezug View Post
Maybe you should go find some friends and tell them over a beer?
he did already - he posted on facebook and had a beer with 170 of his closest friends........

while sitting in his mom's basement in underwear he hasn't been out of since Thanksgiving.....
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 09:59 PM   #52
kevinbahnz
Lieutenant
kevinbahnz's Avatar
25
Rep
519
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335xi sedan
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ma-NC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by veloziROTHTOR View Post
it's the safer play, meaning you're marrying a carbon copy of your opposite sex... which is what most people do. and of course, there will be competition (who's the better actor, brad or jenn?)

it's like... final fantasy 1:
a) 4 fighters
b) fighter, black belt, white mage, black mage

or, what's the better garage:
a) 2 m5 coupes
b) a ferrari spider and a range rover
you lost me at final fantasy ... then u had me at b) a ferrari and a range rover..
__________________
<img src=http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z164/kevinbahnz/08-23-2008030.jpg border=0 alt= />
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 10:25 PM   #53
SaMaster14
Major
SaMaster14's Avatar
United_States
72
Rep
1,442
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 BMW E92 335iS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA / Baltimore, MD

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW 335iS  [3.95]
Send a message via AIM to SaMaster14 Send a message via Skype™ to SaMaster14
Quote:
Originally Posted by shah269 View Post
So you don't think pairs of equals work out better? Over the long run?
I don't. My parents are quite opposite in a lot of ways. Both had been married before they met each other to compliments of themselves and got divorced soon after. Sure, my parents have their differences, but they've been married for almost 30 years now.

I personally look for a girl who will compliment me, but also challenge me in many ways. I like seeing different perspectives, and although there will be some moral ideals that I won't compromise on, small differences/opposites between partners is a good thing imo
__________________
~2012 BMW 335iS coupe MINERAL WHITE/CORAL RED

http://instagram.com/samaster14/
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 10:37 PM   #54
Litos
Banned
United_States
58
Rep
2,900
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

iTrader: (1)

my wife and are are complete opposites, in pretty much any category.

attitude
intensity
openness
tact
humor
people skills


our personalities are polar opposites - and it works perfectly for us
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 09:09 AM   #55
PSUSMU
Captain
20
Rep
812
Posts

 
Drives: Entry-level Luxury
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Falls Church, VA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by veloziROTHTOR View Post
or, what's the better garage:
a) 2 m5 coupes
b) a ferrari spider and a range rover
M5 coupe.. da fuq? but great analogy!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #56
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
Hawkeye's Avatar
No_Country
44
Rep
3,594
Posts

 
Drives: '07 Z4 si Coupe, '08 R6
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
lol, jealous kid is jealous.
__________________
2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe • 6 MT • Black Saphire Metallic • PP • SP • Heated M Seats • Clutch Stop • Stubby
2008 R6 • Raven Black • GPR Steering Stabilizer • Comp Werks FE • Hotbodies Flush Mount Blinkers
2008 Nissan Titan XE King Cab Long Bed • 4x4 • Line-X
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #57
Joekerr
Second Lieutenant
33
Rep
310
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
my wife and are are complete opposites, in pretty much any category.

attitude
intensity
openness
tact
humor
people skills


our personalities are polar opposites - and it works perfectly for us
OT but so is this thread. Allow me to take a crack at guessing who has what:

attitude = LITOS
intensity = LITOS
openness = LITOS
tact = Wife
humor = Wife
people skills =Wife
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 02:17 PM   #58
Litos
Banned
United_States
58
Rep
2,900
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
OT but so is this thread. Allow me to take a crack at guessing who has what:

attitude = LITOS
intensity = LITOS
openness = LITOS
tact = Wife
humor = Wife
people skills =Wife
lemme fix it for you:

attitude: Litos
intensity: Litos
openess: Litos
tact: Litos
humor: Litos
people skills: Litos

seriously. my wife is real quiet and real reserved. she hates her job and doesn't have enough fortitude to go and talk to someone about promoting her or giving her more money.

she's not very open either - if i take her to a "car meet" or some kind of event where all of my friends are there, she literally won't talk to anyone that doesn't acknowledge her first. not because she's a bitch, but because she's just a clam. it gives the perception that she's a bitch, but in reality, she's just extremely shy.

humor: she's funny, but she's only funny when it's us two, at home and hanging out together. once she gets out of that element, she gets uncomfortable or something. people become funny based on funny/sarcastic comments one would make during a conversation, but if you're shying away from any conversation, you ain't funny HAHA !!!!

people skills - again, she's just way to shy and reserved to have any sort of communication with people she's not faimilar with.

i could literally make friends with the devil, but that's my openness and people skills that i was dealt with....
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 04:45 PM   #59
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
Hawkeye's Avatar
No_Country
44
Rep
3,594
Posts

 
Drives: '07 Z4 si Coupe, '08 R6
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
seriously. my wife is real quiet and real reserved. she hates her job and doesn't have enough fortitude to go and talk to someone about promoting her or giving her more money.

she's not very open either - if i take her to a "car meet" or some kind of event where all of my friends are there, she literally won't talk to anyone that doesn't acknowledge her first. not because she's a bitch, but because she's just a clam. it gives the perception that she's a bitch, but in reality, she's just extremely shy.

humor: she's funny, but she's only funny when it's us two, at home and hanging out together. once she gets out of that element, she gets uncomfortable or something. people become funny based on funny/sarcastic comments one would make during a conversation, but if you're shying away from any conversation, you ain't funny HAHA !!!!

people skills - again, she's just way to shy and reserved to have any sort of communication with people she's not faimilar with.

i could literally make friends with the devil, but that's my openness and people skills that i was dealt with....
Wow - sounds like my girl to a T!
__________________
2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe • 6 MT • Black Saphire Metallic • PP • SP • Heated M Seats • Clutch Stop • Stubby
2008 R6 • Raven Black • GPR Steering Stabilizer • Comp Werks FE • Hotbodies Flush Mount Blinkers
2008 Nissan Titan XE King Cab Long Bed • 4x4 • Line-X
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 04:48 PM   #60
PSUSMU
Captain
20
Rep
812
Posts

 
Drives: Entry-level Luxury
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Falls Church, VA

iTrader: (1)

I could not be with a girl that can't hang with my friends. One of my ex-gfs would complain/make us leave early every time we were at a gathering with my friends. It was the worst.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 07:32 PM   #61
Litos
Banned
United_States
58
Rep
2,900
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUSMU View Post
I could not be with a girl that can't hang with my friends. One of my ex-gfs would complain/make us leave early every time we were at a gathering with my friends. It was the worst.
she hangs with my friends, but she usually stays quiet.

sometimes i tell my friend's wives/gf's to start up a conversation with her to get her talking.

once she gets talking, she does ok, but she will NOT innitiate her own conversations....
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2012, 01:29 AM   #62
Tarty Fruit
Banned
0
Rep
40
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Eastchester

iTrader: (3)

Hey Shah I am sure your mom has someone in India setup for you that will have "no history". Quit being a phaggot.

Look I found you the perfect no history future wife. She is from punjab. Enjoy her pooonjabi poon.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2012, 01:35 AM   #63
Pontrelli
Banned
1
Rep
157
Posts

 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)





Name:  FEV6Y.jpeg
Views: 132
Size:  156.9 KB
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2012, 02:13 PM   #64
shah269
Major
United_States
80
Rep
1,009
Posts

 
Drives: 2009
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

HOLY CHRIST!
And there goes my breakfast and lunch and corn...WTF when was the last time I had corn...and why am I throwing it up!
Sadly with great regret...I'm Persian. And as I understand from Iran's "freely elected" president there are no gays in Iran and ugly women are shot at birth!


OK that said I was having a drink with an X GF last night after yoga class and she put it this way to me.
"Women date the hot guys, but in the end marry the ugly guys."
Which had me very confused, because who wants to marry an ugly women? my deep friend curried goat cheese engineering friends aside.

Per her experience the reason many women marry so so men is simple.
When they are married to a so so man they can
1) Trust him...after all he's so so and well odds of him getting hit on by other women is very low and he won't cheat on you.
2) Push him around since he will know that is the best he has ever had.

Kind of fucked up if you ask me. But....such is life and it clearly explains why my friend is marrying a guy who is not her type / fugly.

So yeah i guess god does talk to me via the power of the vagina
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2012, 05:32 PM   #65
Foodle
Captain
United_States
11
Rep
769
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah269 View Post
OK that said I was having a drink with an X GF last night after yoga class and she put it this way to me.
"Women date the hot guys, but in the end marry the ugly guys."
Wow. She sounds as shallow as you.

You guys were a great match! Too bad it didn't work out.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #66
Pontrelli
Banned
1
Rep
157
Posts

 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodle View Post
Wow. She sounds as shallow as you.

You guys were a great match! Too bad it didn't work out.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST