BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #1
SpeedyM3
Second Lieutenant
 
SpeedyM3's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Earth

Posts: 257
iTrader: (0)

Why do bad things happen to good people? fml

So yesterday I went to a store and parallel parked into a spot. I left both cars plenty of room to get out especialy the car infront. So I get out of the store and before I always get in my car I like to check around it if there would be any scratches or anything, but this time I didnt and went to the back to put in stuff in the trunk.

So I woke up today and had to go run some errands and I went to another store. I get out of my car and am halfway towards the store and I had forgoten my phone in the car. I walk towards the car, and I see this;



When I saw this I was furious. Someone had probably backed into me and just left.. I called my insurance and filed a police report and am probably going to need to order a new front bumper. Sometimes I just ask myself, why do bad things happen to good people?
SpeedyM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-04-2012, 10:42 PM   #2
gnhm3
Major
 
gnhm3's Avatar
 
Drives: 12' e92 m3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: West LA

Posts: 1,489
iTrader: (17)

Sucks man. I would use this opportunity to go with a Euro or aftermarket bumper.
__________________
gnhm3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-04-2012, 10:50 PM   #3
MKE_M3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
MKE_M3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 e90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnhm3 View Post
Sucks man. I would use this opportunity to go with a Euro or aftermarket bumper.
+1 on both thoughts.
__________________
MKE_M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-04-2012, 10:53 PM   #4
PrimoM3
Chemofski
 
PrimoM3's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 X5M
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: West Coast, U.S.

Posts: 1,294
iTrader: (0)

+2 Euro bumper time. Good stuff happens to bad people, too. Keep on keeping' on. Better luck Amigo.
__________________
'13 Individual Frozen Brilliant White ///M3 Coupe
Ordered 2/15/12 | Euro Delivery on 9/21/12 | U.S. Redelivery on 12/6/12 | Motor Dead on 7/15/13

'13 Space Gray/Mugello Red X5///M
Pavement Punisher | Snow Muncher | Family and Board Hauler | Roadtripper
PrimoM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-04-2012, 11:30 PM   #5
Grayblack
Lieutenant
 
Grayblack's Avatar
 
Drives: M5 F10 Space Gray
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Orange County, CA

Posts: 425
iTrader: (0)

I would've flipped a lid. Sorry bud.
Grayblack is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-04-2012, 11:33 PM   #6
gblansten
Beandoc
 
gblansten's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 SG/SS
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Thick ascending limb

Posts: 2,161
iTrader: (0)

Sorry man. I've been there. Find a good shop and all will be well though.
gblansten is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-04-2012, 11:40 PM   #7
W///
Brigadier General
 
W///'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3/1999 E36 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

Posts: 4,943
iTrader: (12)

Eh what can you do. Just be glad it's just the plastic bumper (cosmetic). Plus as everyone said, time for a nice Euro bumper. Good luck.
__________________
2008 E92 M3: Sparkling Graphite | Bamboo Beige | 6MT | CF Roof | HRE | Eisenmann | BPM Sport | Swift | Arkym | Mode Carbon | M.Perf
W/// is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 12:06 AM   #8
SDPRT
Lieutenant
 
SDPRT's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 M3 Space Gray/MT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 551
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 e92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyM3
So yesterday I went to a store and parallel parked into a spot. I left both cars plenty of room to get out especialy the car infront. So I get out of the store and before I always get in my car I like to check around it if there would be any scratches or anything, but this time I didnt and went to the back to put in stuff in the trunk.

So I woke up today and had to go run some errands and I went to another store. I get out of my car and am halfway towards the store and I had forgoten my phone in the car. I walk towards the car, and I see this;



When I saw this I was furious. Someone had probably backed into me and just left.. I called my insurance and filed a police report and am probably going to need to order a new front bumper. Sometimes I just ask myself, why do bad things happen to good people?
Police reports don't do anything.
__________________
RPI GTc/ RPI X-Pipe/DINAN Stage2/KWV3/18" BC Forged RS41/Mode Carbon V2 GTS/RPI AF + Red Scoops/Lux Angel Eyes.
SDPRT is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 12:16 AM   #9
regensburg94
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2006 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 158
iTrader: (0)

I hear you and often feel the same way. Sometimes it seems like when you care about something particularly strongly, it attracts bad luck.

It'll be OK, don't worry.
regensburg94 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 12:22 AM   #10
SpeedyM3
Second Lieutenant
 
SpeedyM3's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Earth

Posts: 257
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by regensburg94 View Post
I hear you and often feel the same way. Sometimes it seems like when you care about something particularly strongly, it attracts bad luck.

It'll be OK, don't worry.
exactly man, ruined my whole week.
SpeedyM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 12:24 AM   #11
cbems
New Member
 
Drives: 4 wheels
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: california

Posts: 19
iTrader: (0)

youre telling me. i was in an accident monday before thanksgiving that resulted in my gfs death.
cbems is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 12:38 AM   #12
BMW Fanatic
Banned
 
Drives: slow
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary

Posts: 3,314
iTrader: (11)

Don't worry about it! Insurance will make it right.

When I first got my M, I would always right down the licence plate ID's of surrounding cars that were right next to mine. Funny how when I stopped a few months in, I got my first 2 door dings!! Just smile and move on.
BMW Fanatic is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 12:45 AM   #13
SAINT VAN ROCK
///M Enthusiast
 
SAINT VAN ROCK's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012, E92 DCT M3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Colorado Springs/Black Forest, CO

Posts: 438
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
There is always a silver lining.....new bumper euro style minus reflectors!
SAINT VAN ROCK is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 12:48 AM   #14
And1M3
Major
 
And1M3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3 MR FR/Bk
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NYC

Posts: 1,062
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPRT View Post
Police reports don't do anything.
+1 police won't do anything and your insurance might go up. Also your car might go into carfax report. It might reduce your resale value of your car later on because of that minor accident. I just hope everything works out for you. People have no respect for other people property these days.
And1M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 12:51 AM   #15
whats77inaname
Native Texan
 
Drives: when at all possible
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tx

Posts: 1,753
iTrader: (16)

Bad? Time to upgrade!


whats77inaname is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 12:52 AM   #16
whats77inaname
Native Texan
 
Drives: when at all possible
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tx

Posts: 1,753
iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbems View Post
youre telling me. i was in an accident monday before thanksgiving that resulted in my gfs death.
Sorry for your loss
whats77inaname is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 12:53 AM   #17
And1M3
Major
 
And1M3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3 MR FR/Bk
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NYC

Posts: 1,062
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
Bad? Time to upgrade!


They only make 75 of that bumper. It is going to be hard to get and a long waiting time.

Last edited by And1M3; 12-05-2012 at 01:08 AM.
And1M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 12:54 AM   #18
whats77inaname
Native Texan
 
Drives: when at all possible
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tx

Posts: 1,753
iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by And1M3 View Post
They only might 75 of that bumper. It is going to be hard to get and a long waiting time.
Good things come to those that wait. And those are still available.
whats77inaname is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 01:39 AM   #19
SpeedyM3
Second Lieutenant
 
SpeedyM3's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Earth

Posts: 257
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbems View Post
youre telling me. i was in an accident monday before thanksgiving that resulted in my gfs death.
Wow man if youre serious im sorry, thats horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic View Post
Don't worry about it! Insurance will make it right.
When I first got my M, I would always right down the licence plate ID's of surrounding cars that were right next to mine. Funny how when I stopped a few months in, I got my first 2 door dings!! Just smile and move on.
I guess so but it still is irritating that I cant find out who did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAINT VAN ROCK View Post
There is always a silver lining.....new bumper euro style minus reflectors!
Thats probably the rout im taking

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
Sorry for your loss
thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
Good things come to those that wait. And those are still available.
What kind of bumper is that?
SpeedyM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 01:54 AM   #20
radiantm3
Apex Everything!
 
radiantm3's Avatar
 
Drives: >1000 HP in my garage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Danville, CA

Posts: 3,827
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [4.80]
2013 BMW X5M  [4.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by And1M3 View Post
They only make 75 of that bumper. It is going to be hard to get and a long waiting time.
Probably best considering that one ugly looking bumper.
__________________
(1:40 @ Laguna Seca, 2:03 @ Thunderhill, 1:52 @ Infineon)
radiantm3 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 04:22 AM   #21
And1M3
Major
 
And1M3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3 MR FR/Bk
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NYC

Posts: 1,062
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyM3 View Post
What kind of bumper is that?
That is a GTS5 bumper from one of our sponsor. You can check it out at there web site. http://www.europeanautosource.com/
And1M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 04:27 AM   #22
And1M3
Major
 
And1M3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3 MR FR/Bk
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NYC

Posts: 1,062
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
Probably best considering that one ugly looking bumper.
Beauty is the eye of the beholder. Everyone has their own taste and needs. I find it a little expensive for my taste at $2000.
And1M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST