BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-01-2012, 05:18 AM   #1
kevin///mlee
Second Lieutenant
kevin///mlee's Avatar
5
Rep
295
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3, E30 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (2)

Loyalty to Bavaria, from e30 to e90 M3

I’d like to introduce myself to the forum and start a journal to document the journey of my Space Grey E90 M3. Being no stranger to Bavarian automobiles, and even more familiar with the Motorsports division from BMW, it was only natural that I had found myself in yet another M3.

I started my love for BMWs at a young age, in which I was exposed to the E30 M3. This same 1988 Alpine White M3 eventually became my own, and is still in my hands to this day. Here are some photos for you enjoy, the car that started it all:







As I progressed with life, the E30 M3 was not cutting it for my every day needs. Though it was a fun car to drive on weekends on back roads, it’s not the most practical car to be driven daily. Add it’s age and rareness, I didn’t want to rack up any extra miles on the car. The hunt then began for the daily driver, and I didn’t know where else to look besides from BMW since that’s all I’ve known all my life.

The e90 M3 had everything I wanted in a daily driver. That V8 roar is intoxicating, and the DCT transmission is buttery smooth. I found an 09 e90 M3 at a great price, with everything I wanted from DCT, to iDrive and had the LCI taillamps with the aggressive booty. After I test-drove it, I knew right away that we were meant to be.

Upon delivery of the e90 M3, I had already ordered parts from EAS: Macht Schnell Stage 2, Painted Reflectors, Matte Black Grills, and AngeliBrights. Within the first week of owning the new (to me) M3, this car was no longer stock. This is just the beginning of the sickness we all have, the mod bug. The car has already seen it’s first autocross in the rain in Sonoma, and it will be seeing Buttonwillow Race track in a couple of weeks!







Hope you enjoyed the journey so far, many more updates to come! Also, many thanks to Tom @ EAS for accommodating my many questions and providing the best customer service I’ve ever experienced!

UPDATE 12/30/12 (See Post #23):





UPDATE 3/11/13 (See Post #35):

I paid EAS a visit over the weekend for some power/cosmetic mods! I picked up an Akra slip-on, Macht Schnell test pipes, and matte black side gills. All I have to say is WOW! The sound of the Akra is amazing, not to mention the added power from the test pipes.. And on the E90, the black gills are a must have, they look way cleaner than the chrome OEM gills against the black honeycomb. For installation and customer service, EAS really hooked it up. They did a very good job of aligning the Akra tips, checking the test pipe clamps for leaks, and doing clean and quick install of the side gills. I couldn't be happier with the outcome. I drove all the way back to the bay area last night and there is literally NO DRONE with this setup at cruising speeds (passengers could sleep, I could hear my music, its all good!). Cold start is a little bit loud and bassy and drones, but I'm ok with it. Once the cycle is over, the idle is barely noticeably louder than stock. Once I put the windows down and step on it, I can immediately hear the difference in tone. Also, I can feel the extra power in every gear and across the entire RPM range. Now on to some pics and quick vid. Thanks again EAS!










Last edited by kevin///mlee; 03-18-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 08:19 AM   #2
IMG
M.POWER
IMG's Avatar
104
Rep
7,066
Posts

 
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Location

iTrader: (6)

Very nice,love that E30,E90 looks awesome in SG !
__________________
NO FEAR.NO LIMITS.NO EQUAL

Ess VT3 LC built motor,Volk TE37SL,Euro taillights,Dinan Xpipe,Custom Headers,Akra axle back CF tips,ModeCarbon FR lip,BMW CF wing
LOW BOOST 60-130 6.7 sec
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 09:41 AM   #3
carbon//m3
Second Lieutenant
carbon//m3's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
265
Posts

 
Drives: m3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: CA

iTrader: (2)

Nice!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 09:45 AM   #4
W///
Major General
W///'s Avatar
85
Rep
5,407
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3/1999 E36 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

iTrader: (12)

Unbeatable combo. Both your cars are so clean! I have an E30 and E9x in my garage as well (Sparkling Graphite and AW), although my E30 is just a regular vert. Can't wait to get that thing back on the road!

Would love to see pics of them together!
__________________
2008 E92 M3: Sparkling Graphite | Bamboo Beige | 6MT | CF Roof | HRE | Catless Eisenmann Race | BPM Sport | Swift | Arkym | Mode Carbon | M.Perf
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #5
kchu221
JDM whore
kchu221's Avatar
South Korea
45
Rep
3,021
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 Porsche 911 Turbo
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: los angeles

iTrader: (9)

nice journal and congrats! i love your e30, im hoping to get one soon for myself...
__________________
2009 Porsche 911 Turbo
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 10:01 AM   #6
Endless619
DHS
Endless619's Avatar
Spain
54
Rep
3,930
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 Range Rover Black Edition
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Disneyland

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin///mlee View Post
Iíd like to introduce myself to the forum and start a journal to document the journey of my Space Grey E90 M3. Being no stranger to Bavarian automobiles, and even more familiar with the Motorsports division from BMW, it was only natural that I had found myself in yet another M3.

I started my love for BMWs at a young age, in which I was exposed to the E30 M3. This same 1988 Alpine White M3 eventually became my own, and is still in my hands to this day. Here are some photos for you enjoy, the car that started it all:







As I progressed with life, the E30 M3 was not cutting it for my every day needs. Though it was a fun car to drive on weekends on back roads, itís not the most practical car to be driven daily. Add itís age and rareness, I didnít want to rack up any extra miles on the car. The hunt then began for the daily driver, and I didnít know where else to look besides from BMW since thatís all Iíve known all my life.

The e90 M3 had everything I wanted in a daily driver. That V8 roar is intoxicating, and the DCT transmission is buttery smooth. I found an 09 e90 M3 at a great price, with everything I wanted from DCT, to iDrive and had the LCI taillamps with the aggressive booty. After I test-drove it, I knew right away that we were meant to be.

Upon delivery of the e90 M3, I had already ordered parts from EAS: Macht Schnell Stage 2, Painted Reflectors, Matte Black Grills, and AngeliBrights. Within the first week of owning the new (to me) M3, this car was no longer stock. This is just the beginning of the sickness we all have, the mod bug. The car has already seen itís first autocross in the rain in Sonoma, and it will be seeing Buttonwillow Race track in a couple of weeks!







Hope you enjoyed the journey so far, many more updates to come! Also, many thanks to Tom @ EAS for accommodating my many questions and providing the best customer service Iíve ever experienced!
That front plate is killing me. Get rid of that crap, regardless of the $50 ticket (sometimes you can go 10 years without a front plate ticket in California)

Everything else looks good.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 11:49 AM   #7
spdy330
Major General
spdy330's Avatar
United_States
100
Rep
6,074
Posts

 
Drives: 05 Tundra, 11 M3, 08 Odyssey
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chino, CA

iTrader: (161)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to spdy330 Send a message via Yahoo to spdy330
I agree that it does not look great. Mine looks exactly like the one above.

I got pulled over a few years ago in my old E90 by a motorcycle cop in my city for no front plate. When he told me why I was being pulled over I told him that I did have a plate. The cop was looking for the plate in the normal spot and did not notice it to the side. In the end I did not get a ticket but would have if the plate was not there.

Our counrty is BROKE so they will try and get your money somehow. If you have the extra cash and time to waste then I say to keep it off. I would rather put my cash to better use.

This was my story a few years back for being pulled over with out a front plate.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=434256

OP, keep your plate it is not worth the hassle. Congrats on the new purchase and welcome to the forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
That front plate is killing me. Get rid of that crap, regardless of the $50 ticket (sometimes you can go 10 years without a front plate ticket in California)

Everything else looks good.
__________________
If you will be purchasing ANY AT&T services online or in store could you mention that you were referred by me? My Employee Referral ID is eo4489. This would be a great help and it costs you nothing, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #8
rjd598
Brigadier General
rjd598's Avatar
United_States
55
Rep
4,645
Posts

 
Drives: 10' M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego,CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
Love your garage
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 12:32 PM   #9
Teeopi
Lieutenant
Teeopi's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
506
Posts

 
Drives: MR E92 M3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Michigan/Shanghai

iTrader: (9)

Love that E30
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 02:07 PM   #10
radiantm3
Apex Everything!
radiantm3's Avatar
United_States
159
Rep
3,883
Posts

 
Drives: >1000 HP in my garage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Danville, CA

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [4.80]
2013 BMW X5M  [4.33]
2014 BMW i3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdy330 View Post
I agree that it does not look great. Mine looks exactly like the one above.

I got pulled over a few years ago in my old E90 by a motorcycle cop in my city for no front plate. When he told me why I was being pulled over I told him that I did have a plate. The cop was looking for the plate in the normal spot and did not notice it to the side. In the end I did not get a ticket but would have if the plate was not there.

Our counrty is BROKE so they will try and get your money somehow. If you have the extra cash and time to waste then I say to keep it off. I would rather put my cash to better use.

This was my story a few years back for being pulled over with out a front plate.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=434256

OP, keep your plate it is not worth the hassle. Congrats on the new purchase and welcome to the forum!
I've been pulled over for no front plate...never in 12 years. But I have gotten 1 fix it ticket for no plates after being pulled over for speeding.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 02:19 PM   #11
-StanceCity-
Banned
19
Rep
1,344
Posts

 
Drives: love to piss on fucker's face
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: are you that fucker? lol

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin///mlee View Post
I’d like to introduce myself to the forum and start a journal to document the journey of my Space Grey E90 M3. Being no stranger to Bavarian automobiles, and even more familiar with the Motorsports division from BMW, it was only natural that I had found myself in yet another M3.

I started my love for BMWs at a young age, in which I was exposed to the E30 M3. This same 1988 Alpine White M3 eventually became my own, and is still in my hands to this day. Here are some photos for you enjoy, the car that started it all:







As I progressed with life, the E30 M3 was not cutting it for my every day needs. Though it was a fun car to drive on weekends on back roads, it’s not the most practical car to be driven daily. Add it’s age and rareness, I didn’t want to rack up any extra miles on the car. The hunt then began for the daily driver, and I didn’t know where else to look besides from BMW since that’s all I’ve known all my life.

The e90 M3 had everything I wanted in a daily driver. That V8 roar is intoxicating, and the DCT transmission is buttery smooth. I found an 09 e90 M3 at a great price, with everything I wanted from DCT, to iDrive and had the LCI taillamps with the aggressive booty. After I test-drove it, I knew right away that we were meant to be.

Upon delivery of the e90 M3, I had already ordered parts from EAS: Macht Schnell Stage 2, Painted Reflectors, Matte Black Grills, and AngeliBrights. Within the first week of owning the new (to me) M3, this car was no longer stock. This is just the beginning of the sickness we all have, the mod bug. The car has already seen it’s first autocross in the rain in Sonoma, and it will be seeing Buttonwillow Race track in a couple of weeks!







Hope you enjoyed the journey so far, many more updates to come! Also, many thanks to Tom @ EAS for accommodating my many questions and providing the best customer service I’ve ever experienced!
That front plate is killing me. Get rid of that crap, regardless of the $50 ticket (sometimes you can go 10 years without a front plate ticket in California)

Everything else looks good.
Just to talk shit, why you had to quote all that pix?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 02:34 PM   #12
flipm3
E46 + E90
Philippines
43
Rep
2,788
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 + E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Two very complimentary cars! Congrats on picking up the new E90!

I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the E90.

Which CF Airbox do you have on your S14?
__________________
E90 M3 DCT|Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth | My Build Thread
E46 M3 6MT|Jet Black . Black Nappa Leather | My Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 03:00 PM   #13
Denk
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
23
Rep
1,970
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PNW

iTrader: (2)

Sweet looking e30 M3, what a classic! Congrats on the new M3.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #14
Alen E90
Major General
Alen E90's Avatar
United_States
93
Rep
8,247
Posts

 
Drives: E90 328i TiAg
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SO. CAL-818 (SFV)

iTrader: (6)

your E30 looks gorgeous and so does your new E90...congrats

cant wait to see all of the mods that your going to put on this new beast!
__________________

TiAg FTW!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 11:56 PM   #15
positiveions
Lieutenant General
positiveions's Avatar
Lebanon
114
Rep
10,529
Posts

 
Drives: 09 MKV JETTA 2.5 & E90 M3 :)
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Verne, CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via MSN to positiveions Send a message via Yahoo to positiveions
man do I still love that E30 M3. Congrats on your new ride
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 12:38 AM   #16
kevin///mlee
Second Lieutenant
kevin///mlee's Avatar
5
Rep
295
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3, E30 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
That front plate is killing me. Get rid of that crap, regardless of the $50 ticket (sometimes you can go 10 years without a front plate ticket in California)

Everything else looks good.
Thanks for the comment. I'll keep it for now, but I have a towhook that I'll be using for the track. I bought the car and it was missing the tow hook cover anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipm3 View Post
Two very complimentary cars! Congrats on picking up the new E90!

I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the E90.

Which CF Airbox do you have on your S14?
Thanks! I have the 2.3L cf airbox with 15cm intake runners. The car is running a custom Alpha-N tune. The box is from a member on s14.net named Markus
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 01:06 AM   #17
rentonrider
Banned
6
Rep
412
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Renton, WA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [3.50]
super sexy...
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 10:52 AM   #18
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
THE TECH's Avatar
United_States
157
Rep
13,121
Posts


 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Nice cars!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 05:07 PM   #19
Ringer
Lieutenant
Ringer's Avatar
9
Rep
434
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 BMW 1M Valencia Orange
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: D

iTrader: (0)

Nice looking cars...!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #20
Blindside_137
Major General
Blindside_137's Avatar
United_States
70
Rep
5,885
Posts

 
Drives: '09 E93 Space Gray 328
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC // Blacksburg, VA

iTrader: (1)

I love reading stories like yours, congrats on the new car. That E30 is mint
__________________
M3 Edition Grilles|Painted Reflectors|Matte Black Vinyl Window Trim|CF Performance Spoiler|35% Tint|19" Satin Black Avant Garde M359|Lux H8 V3
OEM Aero Lip|M3 Side Skirts|LCI Tails|M-tech Rear|Duke Dynamics CF Performance|Cyba 4.0 Black Chrome
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #21
Sam@ModeCarbon
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Sam@ModeCarbon's Avatar
105
Rep
4,140
Posts


 
Drives: using 3 pedals
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NY l LA

iTrader: (2)

Nice collection!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 10:02 AM   #22
kevin///mlee
Second Lieutenant
kevin///mlee's Avatar
5
Rep
295
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3, E30 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (2)

Finally an update!



Here is a pic of me testing out my newest mods on the track at Buttonwillow on 12/16/12. I am lowered on B&G springs.

The wheel/tire specs are:
Volk TE37 18x9.5 / 18x10.5 +22 with 275/35/18 square Hankook R-S3s

This is the only decent picture of my new setup but stay tuned!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST