BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-27-2012, 02:41 PM   #1
AP2
Captain
17
Rep
935
Posts

 
Drives: N54
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Shipping from Toronto to Vancouver - options?

Looking to ship a car across the country from Toronto to Vancouver. Had a bad experience with TFX International previously. Just wondering is there any other reputable shipper that does a decent job? Don't feel like receiving the car full of dirt/dings/bumper damage.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 10:42 AM   #2
Chriskm3
Colonel
Chriskm3's Avatar
Canada
28
Rep
2,218
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (4)

Thorsons. They r located on rexdale and 27.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 11:21 AM   #3
Jaypod
Brigadier General
Jaypod's Avatar
No_Country
64
Rep
4,961
Posts

 
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (7)

A friend of mine uses Hansen's (mostly cross border though). He has highly recommended to me many times but I have not used them myself

http://www.lhf.com/hansens/index2.php
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 12:17 PM   #4
Gearhead999s
Major General
Gearhead999s's Avatar
93
Rep
6,814
Posts

 
Drives: F25 2.8d(wifes)F82 M4
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
A friend of mine uses Hansen's (mostly cross border though). He has highly recommended to me many times but I have not used them myself

http://www.lhf.com/hansens/index2.php
Hansens ship by rail which is fine if it is not a high value item.Thorsens move all the cars for Porsche Canada.They moved our 959 recently with no issues.i am suprised that you had issues with TFX as I have allways had good service from them.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #5
Jaypod
Brigadier General
Jaypod's Avatar
No_Country
64
Rep
4,961
Posts

 
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
Hansens ship by rail which is fine if it is not a high value item.Thorsens move all the cars for Porsche Canada.They moved our 959 recently with no issues.i am suprised that you had issues with TFX as I have allways had good service from them.
He had no issues shipping his Rolls, Bentley GT and Lambo when he bought them
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 02:52 PM   #6
Gearhead999s
Major General
Gearhead999s's Avatar
93
Rep
6,814
Posts

 
Drives: F25 2.8d(wifes)F82 M4
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
He had no issues shipping his Rolls, Bentley GT and Lambo when he bought them
Non enclosed trucks to Vancover are the option instead of rail.I just spoke to our contact.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 11:11 AM   #7
AP2
Captain
17
Rep
935
Posts

 
Drives: N54
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
Non enclosed trucks to Vancover are the option instead of rail.I just spoke to our contact.
Thanks for all the input! Can you PM me about the Individual E46 M3 in your showroom as I saw the post got deleted? Would like to come check it out with a friend.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 11:32 AM   #8
Gearhead999s
Major General
Gearhead999s's Avatar
93
Rep
6,814
Posts

 
Drives: F25 2.8d(wifes)F82 M4
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP2 View Post
Thanks for all the input! Can you PM me about the Individual E46 M3 in your showroom as I saw the post got deleted? Would like to come check it out with a friend.

Cheers!
Will do.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 06:26 AM   #9
///M3Lover
Captain
///M3Lover's Avatar
6
Rep
618
Posts

 
Drives: 04WhiteM3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vancouver, B.C

iTrader: (1)

It'll be nice to see another E46 M3 on Vancouver's road.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 11:53 PM   #10
Gimmie5
New Member
0
Rep
11
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: GTA

iTrader: (0)

I recently used Hansens to ship Vancouver to Toronto. Was $1150 all in...
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST