BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

GT Haus
Closed Thread

11-28-2012, 10:55 AM   #23
Pontrelli
Banned

Drives: e92 M3

I signed on to drive a car..not a home entertainment center..this trend with all the BS electronics is ridiculous..glad there is still the choice to go for stripped down examples
      11-28-2012, 11:42 AM   #24
bigjae1976
That's what she said...

Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.00]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
The OP can't be serious? In what integration feature does BMW lack in? The last time I checked they were actually the leader and everyone is catching up.

Don't forget, your car is already 2 years old so yeah, it may not have all the bells and whistles a new rice burner has.

Sponsored by Momentum BMW #593...We Bleed BMW BLUE!
      11-28-2012, 01:33 PM   #25
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure

Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Know your BMW facts and history. Every other car company can thank BMW for on-board computers controlling everything. iDrive on the previous 7-series, albiet problematic, was the first of its kind to feature a mouse mounted on the dash connected to a display for control of everything in the vehicle.
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
MMMorish is offline   Canada
      11-28-2012, 01:51 PM   #26
Z K
Colonel

Drives: E90 M3

If you want the latest infotainment system in your car, you need to buy a new car every year... the entertainment and data formats changes so fast there is no way cars, which are designed to last 5-10 years, can keep up with the trends.

I'm kind of glad that some car companies don't chase the latest electronics trends because when companies like Apple changes their connector, it obsoletes all the iPod connectors in existing cars.
Z K is online now   United_States
      11-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #27
Reznick
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2008 M3 ,2000 330

Screw email, screw text and you can absolutely screw siri . When I'm driving I won't answer my phone or anything else, even if its hands free. Leave a message , it can wait ten whole minutes. The more the world is connected the less people are connected to what they should actually be doing. Like driving a car......now if they'd figure out how to put an in dash espresso machine, I'd be all set.
Reznick is offline   United_States
      11-28-2012, 07:42 PM   #28
MMME30W
Riff Raff Refugee

Drives: Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadpipes View Post
+1. But I do wish we had an audible beep when we locked our doors without having to buy the BMW alarm system...
I'm not near my car, but is this not an idrive setting then?

Character does count. For too long we have gotten by in a society that says the only thing right is to get by and the only thing wrong is to get caught. Character is doing what's right when nobody is looking... " --J. C. Watts
MMME30W is offline   Germany
      11-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #29
mhaghighi
Private First Class

Drives: 2014 M6 GC Competition package

is amazing how childish and nasty some people can be on this forum. my original question was just a statement and not a BMW bashing in any way. For those that have made stupid comments and even ask for me to leave the forum then screw you!! because last time I checked I own 3 BMWs currently with two of the 2013 models in addition to my 2011 M3. So I know BMW performance and luxury. However, if technology was not important to your high performance BMW then what the hell are they including it in all upcoming models. So the stupid comments of performance and technology can not coexist is unreal. And no I don't text and email while driving, but if you people that talking junk actually understood the concept then you would know that you can not email and text back anyways. GROW UP PEOPLE.
      11-28-2012, 09:39 PM   #30
MMME30W
Riff Raff Refugee

Drives: Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaghighi View Post
is amazing how childish and nasty some people can be on this forum. my original question was just a statement and not a BMW bashing in any way. For those that have made stupid comments and even ask for me to leave the forum then screw you!! because last time I checked I own 3 BMWs currently with two of the 2013 models in addition to my 2011 M3. So I know BMW performance and luxury. However, if technology was not important to your high performance BMW then what the hell are they including it in all upcoming models. So the stupid comments of performance and technology can not coexist is unreal. And no I don't text and email while driving, but if you people that talking junk actually understood the concept then you would know that you can not email and text back anyways. GROW UP PEOPLE.
Fwiw my advice is to grow a thicker skin.

Soon.

Good luck.

Character does count. For too long we have gotten by in a society that says the only thing right is to get by and the only thing wrong is to get caught. Character is doing what's right when nobody is looking... " --J. C. Watts
MMME30W is offline   Germany
      11-28-2012, 09:40 PM   #31
TVMA Doc
Captain

Drives: 2011 E90 M3, Jerez Black

Garage List
If BMW were to add Siri, I'd be forced to shoot myself in the head, but only after setting the car on fire and driving it off a cliff.
      11-28-2012, 09:42 PM   #32
Optherion
Lieutenant

Drives: Prancing Horse

You guys are all over the place. So many people spewing nonsense that doesnt need to be read.

I remember when BMW was the leader in tech and one of the FIRST with the iPod connector in the glove box from the factory. Ive always bought BMW's mostly for the Tech because my 3 series is my daily driver. The tech on my 7 is world class for trips and phone integration. However it does seem a few things are starting to get behind.

ios 6 integration is broken on my iPhone 5. It was working with office on my 4S
      11-29-2012, 02:56 AM   #33
izzyM3
Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 E90 M3

I always thought they are ahead of technology. The only thing that bothers me is they over engineer at times making things more complex than it should be. Mercedes is probably the only company that would always have first of its kind technology.
      11-29-2012, 03:23 AM   #34
lve2xlr8
Captain

Drives: '11 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optherion
You guys are all over the place. So many people spewing nonsense that doesnt need to be read.

I remember when BMW was the leader in tech and one of the FIRST with the iPod connector in the glove box from the factory. Ive always bought BMW's mostly for the Tech because my 3 series is my daily driver. The tech on my 7 is world class for trips and phone integration. However it does seem a few things are starting to get behind.

ios 6 integration is broken on my iPhone 5. It was working with office on my 4S
Go into your Bluetooth settings on your phone and where it shows your vehicle click the blue arrow on the right, tap and enable the office features. It defaulted to being enabled on the 4s but not the 5 for some reason
lve2xlr8 is offline   United_States
      11-29-2012, 04:07 AM   #35
meyergru
No military grade

Drives: E92 M3 DCT

Talking

As somebody already said, because:
Attached Images

11-29-2012, 10:01 AM   #36
JoM3z
Lieutenant

Drives: 2014 CP F10 M5 - Alpine White

I could careless about techs in the car, it's built to be driven, hence "The Ultimate Driving Machine". Their focus is really the quality of driver experience, not necessarily all things that can clutter the car. All these car manufacturers that focuses on technology, drives like shit...
JoM3z is offline   United_States
      11-29-2012, 10:07 AM   #37
quadpipes
Second Lieutenant

Drives: '11 E92 M3 IB/Beige,M-DCT,ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMME30W View Post
I'm not near my car, but is this not an idrive setting then?
No. At least not in the US. The only IDrive setting that applies here is to set whether the lights blink to confirm the car locking.
      11-29-2012, 10:27 AM   #38
sinking

Drives: 996tt, 335i, 545i, 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontrelli View Post
I signed on to drive a car..not a home entertainment center..this trend with all the BS electronics is ridiculous..glad there is still the choice to go for stripped down examples
I agree.

I also think when the E92's are as old as the E46's are now the cars that are most sought after will be those with the carbon fiber roof/no moon roof and no nav.
      11-29-2012, 10:41 AM   #39
ussoldierforhire
Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 M3 E92

Too many people would rather drive an Ipad these days. What happened to enjoying THE CAR?

Guess i should have read earlier posts. looks like most of us think the same
ussoldierforhire is offline   United_States
      11-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #40
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Boo-hoo...

Someone better get a hurt feelings report for some people in this thread.

At the end of the day, get what you want and who gives a damn what other people have... FFS so many people today care way too much about other people's worthless opinions and base their purchases and lives on others. Stop crying and do what you want.
      11-29-2012, 11:06 AM   #41
Technic
Lieutenant General

Drives: 2015 320i

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaghighi View Post
every other car maker it seems now have integrated email, text , siri , and all other upcoming technology in their cars already, but it takes so long for BMW to get these things going even if they are the first to come up with the idea. I mean how is that Accord has it and my car don't? I know that is not reason I have BMWs, but the little touches others are now throwing in that BWM seems to drag their feet a bit.
Fixed.

I really do not know what you are talking about.

Accords now have what BMW got at least 8 years ago:

- Bluetooth
- iPod video
- iPod Out
- text
- email
- hotspot
- weather
- Bloomberg
- Stocks
- Local gas prices
- Pandora
- Web Radio
- AUPEO!
- Stitcher
- MOG
- Facebook
- Tweeter
- RSS news feeds
- Google Search
- Google Send to Car
- USB destination uploading
- RTTI
- Nuance voice recognition

Nobody has Siri yet in any OEM system. BMW seems to be one of the first -if not the first- with it in MY2014.

I was reading emails and text in my 2004 E46 M3 Nav screen... in 2004 with a Motorola CPT9000 cell phone.
-2007 MK5 GTI United Grey/Grey, DSG: Gone
-2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon, 6MT: Gone
Technic is offline   United_States
      11-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #42
py0413
Major

Drives: 2012 M5

I have got enough e-mail or whatever msg on the damn phone & computer everyday, so I prefer not to see any of those on my car especially if I am driving a M car.
      11-29-2012, 12:41 PM   #43
jphughan
Brigadier General

Drives: 2011.75 M3 E92 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by py0413 View Post
I have got enough e-mail or whatever msg on the damn phone & computer everyday, so I prefer not to see any of those on my car especially if I am driving a M car.
Can I get an amen!!

I do have incoming text messages enabled to display on iDrive because if I need to call them back I'd like to know that. It's also helpful for times like picking people up at the airport; for some reason they text me even though they know I'm driving!

But email, absolutely not. Email plagues me for far too many hours per day as it is, definitely not going to let it ruin my car.
11 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT | Premium 2 | Convenience | 19" | EDC | Prem Audio | Moonroof | BMW Apps | Yoko AD08 R | Vorshlag Adjustable Camber Plates | StopTech ST-60 380mm BBK | Castrol SRF Fluid | ModMyNav.com rear camera | OEM Euro Sunglasses Holder
jphughan is offline   United_States
      11-29-2012, 12:50 PM   #44
Reznick
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2008 M3 ,2000 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by py0413 View Post
THIS I don't get the need to be in constant contact with everyone you know in every possible way.(where you at?,,Buffalo Wild Wings,,,,Oh cool have fun,,,,yeah ttyl....Uhg give me a break) Sorry if the OP's feelings are hurt but I bought my car to drive , not to text people.& whats up with people acting like an email should instantly be answer..its an email. I'd rather the technology be put into making the car better.A lot of times I drive to let the day fade away
Reznick is offline   United_States
Closed Thread