BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #353
rjd598
Brigadier General
United_States
93

 
rjd598's Avatar
 
Drives: 10' M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego,CA


Posts: 4,620
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran@Evolve View Post
We released into pricing here have taken orders and the first batch of kits are half way through production.

Please remember that we had no intention of putting details out about this kit before testing had been completed but in a way were forced to when some details were leaked.
Ah I see. No doubt you guys offer quality products with quality service I was just thinking why so late to the sc game when the life cycle of this car is practically over. You have loyal customers so I'm sure that will keep you up top best of luck
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #354
flipm3
E46 + E90
Philippines
61

 
Drives: E46 M3 + E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Illinois


Posts: 2,781
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
Ah I see. No doubt you guys offer quality products with quality service I was just thinking why so late to the sc game when the life cycle of this car is practically over. You have loyal customers so I'm sure that will keep you up top best of luck
People bring this up a lot, but I think that this is a great opportunity for all the aftermarket companies though! With people having the opportunity to jump into an E9X M3 for a cheaper initial cost, this may leave more room for them to spend bigger bucks on aftermarket parts.

Take the E46 M3 for example. A lot of people are jumping into that platform for less that $20,000 and seem to be more apt to easily spending five figures for supercharger kits, wheels, and exhausts to build insane cars!

So for all the aftermarket companies, I don't think it's ever too late to continue developing or improving upon their product line. I think this is just the beginning!

__________________
E90 M3 DCT|Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth | My Build Thread
E46 M3 6MT|Jet Black . Black Nappa Leather | My Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 11:41 AM   #355
VSmotorsports
Lieutenant Colonel
128

 
VSmotorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Schaumburg, IL


Posts: 1,633
iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to VSmotorsports
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipm3 View Post
People bring this up a lot, but I think that this is a great opportunity for all the aftermarket companies though! With people having the opportunity to jump into an E9X M3 for a cheaper initial cost, this may leave more room for them to spend bigger bucks on aftermarket parts.

Take the E46 M3 for example. A lot of people are jumping into that platform for less that $20,000 and seem to be more apt to easily spending five figures for supercharger kits, wheels, and exhausts to build insane cars!

So for all the aftermarket companies, I don't think it's ever too late to continue developing or improving upon their product line. I think this is just the beginning!

you can also bring that up with the E39 M5, Evolve just released a SC for that platform not to long ago and that market explode(many other companies have done the same thing recently as well), just because the car is at the end of the cycle doesnt mean it no longer will be modded
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 12:14 PM   #356
Alex07M3
Lieutenant Colonel
29

 
Drives: e92 m3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gatineau


Posts: 1,973
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 e92 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
Ah I see. No doubt you guys offer quality products with quality service I was just thinking why so late to the sc game when the life cycle of this car is practically over. You have loyal customers so I'm sure that will keep you up top best of luck
now that the warranties are endind, the cars are getting cheaper and the reliability of these engines have been proven, the modding is certainly gonna keep going for a while!
__________________
ESS VT1, M Performance exhaust, Turner test pipes, Eibach, Michelin PSS 255/295
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 12:56 PM   #357
akh23456
All I do is Win... Eat Race Sleep
United_States
54

 
akh23456's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Philly


Posts: 2,118
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 M3  [4.28]
2013 f10 M5  [0.00]
nice works guys that manifold looks awesome.
__________________

F10 M5: 11.308 131.96 with a 1.9 60ft Street Tires
E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #358
dtmwerksm3
Second Lieutenant
10

 
Drives: 09 M3 DCT Alpine White/Fox Red
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Diego, CA


Posts: 294
iTrader: (0)

Wish I had $14k laying around I'd be all over this
__________________
2012 BMW S1000RR Racing Red/Alpine White
2009 BMW M3 Coupe Alpine White on Fox Red, DCT - ESS | Turner Test Pipes | Macht Schnell Stg 2 | OEM Performance Splitters, Spoiler & Mirror Caps | 3D Design Diffuser
2003 BMW M3 Carbon Black on Black, 6MT - DPE | B&G | K&N | JL AUDIO - Sold
1995 BMW M3 Coupe Cosmos Black on Black - Sold
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #359
Jamie@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
0


 
Drives: Boosted
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gig Harbor


Posts: 23
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSmotorsports View Post
you can also bring that up with the E39 M5, Evolve just released a SC for that platform not to long ago and that market explode(many other companies have done the same thing recently as well), just because the car is at the end of the cycle doesnt mean it no longer will be modded
Agree with VS, RK came out with an E39M5 Stage 1 and Stage 2 kit earlier this year. As cars change hands, and guys want to mod to "keep up" with the current models power, more mods happen. In fact I'd say that most of the larger mods (superchargers, engine builds etc...) happen at the end of the model year/cycle of the vehicle in question. When things come out of warranty, it's on!

Evolve's M3 kit is beautifully designed and Sal has beaten the crap out of it on the dyno to wring out as much "area under the curve" as possible! This is an instance of where you get what you pay for really is the case...
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 04:44 PM   #360
m3an
Banned
30

 
m3an's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South Florida


Posts: 1,611
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie@Evolve View Post
Agree with VS, RK came out with an E39M5 Stage 1 and Stage 2 kit earlier this year. As cars change hands, and guys want to mod to "keep up" with the current models power, more mods happen. In fact I'd say that most of the larger mods (superchargers, engine builds etc...) happen at the end of the model year/cycle of the vehicle in question. When things come out of warranty, it's on!

Evolve's M3 kit is beautifully designed and Sal has beaten the crap out of it on the dyno to wring out as much "area under the curve" as possible! This is an instance of where you get what you pay for really is the case...

while this is true, most A/M parts do decrease in cost relative to model year depreciation as well. Here you have an expensive mod that is 1/3 value of the car in a used market.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 04:52 PM   #361
VSmotorsports
Lieutenant Colonel
128

 
VSmotorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Schaumburg, IL


Posts: 1,633
iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to VSmotorsports
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3an View Post
while this is true, most A/M parts do decrease in cost relative to model year depreciation as well. Here you have an expensive mod that is 1/3 value of the car in a used market.
would this be the same complaint with other superchargers? (ie ess, gpower, active, vf) They are all similar in pricing I believe
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 05:10 PM   #362
m3an
Banned
30

 
m3an's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South Florida


Posts: 1,611
iTrader: (2)

I believe ess and vf kits for the e46 are cheaper. Older platform = cheaper modding as the demographic of ownership changes. I saw it firsthand with my old m3
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 05:13 PM   #363
VSmotorsports
Lieutenant Colonel
128

 
VSmotorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Schaumburg, IL


Posts: 1,633
iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to VSmotorsports
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3an View Post
I believe ess and vf kits for the e46 are cheaper. Older platform = cheaper modding as the demographic of ownership changes. I saw it firsthand with my old m3
gotcha i misread my mistake, thought you were talking about the E9x
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 06:47 PM   #364
Jamie@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
0


 
Drives: Boosted
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gig Harbor


Posts: 23
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3an View Post
while this is true, most A/M parts do decrease in cost relative to model year depreciation as well. Here you have an expensive mod that is 1/3 value of the car in a used market.
Yes, but it's a horses for courses kind of thing. Not all modifications are done because they are financially advisable... If you love a car's styling, then putting money into it to make it competitive with more modern equivalents (or your buddies turbo E36...) then more power to you! There is an emotional part to modding... Besides, if guys didn't buy parts and then part them out, the classified section would fall apart!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 03:00 AM   #365
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
313

 
mkPOTO's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 528I
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA


Posts: 15,624
iTrader: (23)

Garage List
saw this picture on Evolve's Facebook page and I had to change my pants and underwear...

__________________

EVOLVE E600 BMW E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 03:53 AM   #366
Mike Benvo
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
130


 
Mike Benvo's Avatar
 
Drives: Harrop SC M3 / E46 M3 / 7Turbo
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SoCal


Posts: 4,760
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [5.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Benvo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkPOTO View Post
saw this picture on Evolve's Facebook page and I had to change my pants and underwear...

Looks legit! Looking forward to seeing it in the USA in person!
__________________

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 04:49 AM   #367
0-60Motorsports
Major
Bahrain
30

 
0-60Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kingdom of Bahrain


Posts: 1,347
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to 0-60Motorsports Send a message via MSN to 0-60Motorsports Send a message via Yahoo to 0-60Motorsports
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkPOTO View Post
saw this picture on Evolve's Facebook page and I had to change my pants and underwear...

Lol same here
__________________
Current Mods: GC Coilovers, Eibach Sways, PF RTABs, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II + Alpine KCA-420i, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for OEM 16:9 display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip + CF Boot + CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SuperSprint V1 Headers + Catless S-pipes + Res Sec 2 + Race Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OME CSL Steering, OEM CSL Interior, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, EVOLVE Alpha-N, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ....
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 08:03 AM   #368
Raucky2000
Lieutenant
19

 
Raucky2000's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM E90 M3 dct
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ohio


Posts: 483
iTrader: (3)

^Looks good guys!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 03:42 PM   #369
Sal@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
40


 
Drives: Slow
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Luton, Bedfordshire


Posts: 1,063
iTrader: (0)

list of main parts in image:

1 x Crank Pulley (8 Rib conversion)
1 x Water Pump Pulley (8 Rib conversion)
1 x Alternator Pulley (8 Rib Conversion)
1 x Tensioner bracket with wider idler pulley (for wider 8 Rib conversion)
3 x Idler Pulleys
1 x CNC Supercharger Primary Bracket
1 x CNC Supercharger VANOS Cover Mounting Bracket
1 x CNC Supercharger Belt System Cover (Also gives incredible strength to overall bracket system)
1 x Rotrex C38-91 with Xylan Coating to outlet
1 x Bottle of Rotrex Supercharger Traction Fluid
1 x Rotrex Oil Cooler
1 x Rotrex Oil Canister Reservoir
1 x Nylon Composite High Flow Intake (Air Filter Side)
2 x High Strength Wire Rung Silicone Boost Pipes
1 x CNC Intake Plenum
2 x 40mm Recirculating Blow off Vavles
2 x Breather System Connectors
8 x Bosch Injectors
1 x 8 Rib Serpentine Belt
1 x IAT sensor extension wire
Various Vacuum hoses
Various Silicone Hoses for recirculating blow off valve system
Various Nuts, Bolts, Washers and Rubber Mountings

Intercooler, intercooler connecting parts, mounting, intake system and air filter not shown in this image.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 03:53 PM   #370
flipm3
E46 + E90
Philippines
61

 
Drives: E46 M3 + E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Illinois


Posts: 2,781
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
What a nice list of goodies!

Great photo as well. I can't wait to see more of the intercooler and intake!

I think there needs to be more "Carbon Fiber" in that list next time, haha.
__________________
E90 M3 DCT|Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth | My Build Thread
E46 M3 6MT|Jet Black . Black Nappa Leather | My Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #371
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
313

 
mkPOTO's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 528I
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA


Posts: 15,624
iTrader: (23)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipm3 View Post
What a nice list of goodies!

Great photo as well. I can't wait to see more of the intercooler and intake!

I think there needs to be more "Carbon Fiber" in that list next time, haha.
pft I think it looks great the way it is
__________________

EVOLVE E600 BMW E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #372
the infamous...
Relapsed Bimmerpost Addict
United_States
447

 
the infamous...'s Avatar
 
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PARADISE aka CANES COUNTRY


Posts: 17,534
iTrader: (0)

looks great!
__________________


"simple is clean" -The ///ModFather
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #373
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
313

 
mkPOTO's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 528I
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA


Posts: 15,624
iTrader: (23)

Garage List
i don't know why I keep coming back to this thread, just puts me in a bad mood knowing I am so close to purchasing one.. but so far!
__________________

EVOLVE E600 BMW E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 10:38 AM   #374
Sal@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
235


 
Sal@AUTOcouture's Avatar
 
Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ


Posts: 9,626
iTrader: (29)

Send a message via AIM to Sal@AUTOcouture
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkPOTO View Post
i don't know why I keep coming back to this thread, just puts me in a bad mood knowing I am so close to purchasing one.. but so far!
Just do it. You know you're gonna do it anyway eventually
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST