BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

08-19-2007, 12:25 PM   #1
enfield
Civilian
Canada
Rep

Drives: Jaguar F-Type V8 S

Why is God such a bully & a racist??

I will probably get burned for this question.

God (according to the monotheiastic religions started by Abraham) is a bit of a school yard bully. God has to be obeyed and if you don't then he will bust your ass in various interesting ways. You have to do God's rituals - otherwise God will bust a cap in your ass. You have to believe in various supernatiral events otherwise you ass is in trouble. God want's your money (lunch money anyone) otherwise you burn in hell. Give to your local friendly Religious Institution!!

God is an extremist! There is no moderation here. He will drown you (Noah story), burn/nuke you (Sodom-Gomorrah story), ask you to kill your kid (Abraham), tell you to kick your son and his mom out into the desert (Abraham, Hagar, Ishmail story), tell you to commit genocide (clear out the hold land of all Philistines), let his only begotton son get killed without doing anything (Jesus story), pick one favourite race/people (what did the Chinese do wrong here and why can't they be the chosen people??) etc. etc. etc.

God is pretty violent, hateful, vengeful etc. God picked the Jews as his chosen people.... Are they are superior race than the Nordics/African/Asian/Native/etc. peoples? God comes across as a racist & bully due to this.

So - what do you guys and gals think??
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2007, 12:29 PM   #2
fotios335i
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 12 BSM F30 sport/msport 335i

somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed.....

2012 335i sport to full Msport, M adaptive and vss, sport 8 AT, fully loaded, Black saphire, black dakota leather, mperformance carbon interior with shifter, M performance grills, rear spoiler, front splitter, side sill extensions, MPPK, MPE exhaust, morr alloys vs8.2's with michelin pss, p3 gauge, msport wheel, etc, etc
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2007, 12:31 PM   #3
fotios335i
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 12 BSM F30 sport/msport 335i

I do think the church these days sucks though.I just beleive in God and dont pay attention to a lot of the you should do this..you shouldnt do that. Im a good son, father, husband,brother, etc,etc,etc.thats good enough for me.

2012 335i sport to full Msport, M adaptive and vss, sport 8 AT, fully loaded, Black saphire, black dakota leather, mperformance carbon interior with shifter, M performance grills, rear spoiler, front splitter, side sill extensions, MPPK, MPE exhaust, morr alloys vs8.2's with michelin pss, p3 gauge, msport wheel, etc, etc
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2007, 12:58 PM   #4
NaViT
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 04 M3/E92 335i

ohh oh
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2007, 03:46 PM   #5
yomash
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by enfield View Post
God want's your money (lunch money anyone) otherwise you burn in hell. Give to your local friendly Religious Institution!!
I dont have much response for all the rest.. but if you belive in God then you beleive that he is the source of your wealth (ie. he gave you health and a brain and you use it to make money etc..) So he asks you to donate to help those that are less fortunate than you. He dosnt like to see his creations suffer but He likes to see them help each other for His sake.

2012 e70 X5 xDrive35i M package Carbon Black
pervious: 2011 X3 28i | 2007 e92 335i coupe | 2008 e90 328xi Sedan | 2002 e46 M3 coupe | 2003 Z4 3.0
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2007, 04:12 PM   #6
AoshichanX
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Jet Black e90 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via ICQ to AoshichanX Send a message via AIM to AoshichanX Send a message via MSN to AoshichanX Send a message via Yahoo to AoshichanX Send a message via Skype™ to AoshichanX
~~
Put a little umph in it~~

~~I love it when you grind on me, when you put it right on me~~

~~When you put a little umph in it, that's when I lose control~~

Hope that helps. God won't really be in your mind if you put a little umph in it. You'll sleep better too
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2007, 04:23 PM   #7
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2006 E90

God never answered any of my questions.............
      08-19-2007, 04:32 PM   #8
AoshichanX
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Jet Black e90 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via ICQ to AoshichanX Send a message via AIM to AoshichanX Send a message via MSN to AoshichanX Send a message via Yahoo to AoshichanX Send a message via Skype™ to AoshichanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y View Post
God never answered any of my questions.............
God dammit you and your avatar. I swear man. If God were to give me a girl with a pair like those, I would have no questions.

This is so sad...I always thought I was an ass guy too.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2007, 05:14 PM   #9
enfield
Civilian
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmaash View Post
I dont have much response for all the rest.. but if you belive in God then you beleive that he is the source of your wealth (ie. he gave you health and a brain and you use it to make money etc..) So he asks you to donate to help those that are less fortunate than you. He dosnt like to see his creations suffer but He likes to see them help each other for His sake.
I give to various secular organisations such as The Kidney Foundation, MS Society, Save the Childern etc. Will I burn in hell till "the end of time" because I REFUSE to give $$ to my local friendly Religious Institution??

Why does God want my money?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2007, 05:25 PM   #10
NaViT
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 04 M3/E92 335i

Quote:
to buy some iForged's....

whats wrong with you today?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2007, 05:30 PM   #11
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: *

Quote:
I give to various secular organisations such as The Kidney Foundation, MS Society, Save the Childern etc. Will I burn in hell till "the end of time" because I REFUSE to give $$ to my local friendly Religious Institution??

He doesnt want your money. Bro, Allah only asks that we pay 2.5% so that we are sharing our wealth with those who are poor and needy. I thought you would love this message in Islam. Apart from that, Allah encourages charity but does not place any more requirements on us...
      08-19-2007, 05:34 PM   #12
yomash
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

I cant speak on behalf of other religions, but to God, giving is giving.. there is no requirement on who/where/when. The more the better.

pervious: 2011 X3 28i | 2007 e92 335i coupe | 2008 e90 328xi Sedan | 2002 e46 M3 coupe | 2003 Z4 3.0
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2007, 09:15 PM   #13
enfield
Civilian
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaViT View Post
to buy some iForged's....

whats wrong with you today?
There is nothing wrong today.... Today is just like every other day

I have thought of the God of Abraham as a bully and a racist for some time now. Just decided to verbalize it on the forum today because of all the potshots going on about "Are we at War with...." and "World without Religion" etc.

Since the God of Abrahan has "the chosen people" do you think that the God of Abraham should be banned from this forum for being a racist?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2007, 09:24 PM   #14
e92man
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: modded e92 335i coupe

Garage List
god is a forgiving god. if u ask him questions he might answer them through ur thoughts, ther wont be some magical voice from heaven. become a christian and u will know what i mean
e92 335i jet black, coral red, aluminum, sport, step, paddles, heated seats, pdc, bmw aluminum pedals, oem aero kit front lip, 19' miro type 366 hamann race edition reps, H&R sport springs, 15% tints, vorsteiner rear deck spoiler, custom front pdc

"The only cars that should be yellow are taxi cabs and school busses."
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2007, 09:43 PM   #15
///Matt
United States Marine
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to ///Matt
Quote:

No one wants you to give your money to God. You are asked to give to the church. The church spends the money in various ways. Assuming you give to an HONEST church, it is used to help feed/house/cloth the poor or needy, or provide support to those otherwise in need. It is also used to provide teaching to the members of the church, and funds activities for the church youth, to help them have "better things to do" than be out making trouble.

As for the rest of your rant, you're focusing on the specifics, and not the generalities.

Please keep in mind, the bible was written by MAN. not by God. The bible has been misused as a yoke for man since it's first writings. That's how authority works. Make people afraid of something, so they will do what you ask. "Careful, don't use vulgarity, or God won't love you, and then you won't get into haven!"

Take, for instance, Jews not being allowed to eat pork. This stems from, historically, pork being poorly cooked/kept, causing people to get sick after eating it. In order to preserve health amongst their people, the folks in charge decided "God doesn't want us to eat pork".

And your referrences of God's extremism... you do realize that in those cases, it was a build up? Example, Sodom and Gomorha: They were places of wickedness, in God's eyes. God sent disciples to try to clean up, tried to convince the people to stop living in sin, etc. etc. They did not, so God destroyed them.

I'm not a fan of religion, at all. I hate organized religion. I believe there is a higher power, of which I have no knowledge, and won't deign to tell another culture that "their" god is wrong.

I just live my life in a way I find to be moral and just, and hope it all works out in the end.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2007, 10:03 PM   #16
enfield
Civilian
Canada
Rep

///Matt
Loved your post my man!! You sound like a reasonable man.

I decided to launch this strike on the God of Abraham due to the back and forth arguements between some of our Muslim and some of our Christian members. Just wanted to see them unite on something and it did succeed. They tend to argue over specifics - so I gave some in my "rant". You have to admit that they were pretty interesting specifics. How about another specific. The Prophet Lot got royally drunk and impregnated his two daughters (I know, I know.... his daughter's got him drunk (blame women again!!) - I think Lot needs to take responsibility for getting sh*t-faced). This led on to the Kingdoms of Moab & Ammon.Genesis 19. Later on God goes on to have these Kingdoms destroyed....

You are absolutely right - it is unkind of me to attack anyone's God. However, it is fun to see fundamentalist Muslims and fundamentalists Christians unite on something!! My unkindness is for the greater good.

By the way. Going back to Sodom - why is God homophobic??
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2007, 11:17 PM   #17
yomash
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
why is God homophobic??
He isn't homophobic - In the Islamic and Chrisitian belief, God created all.. therefore has fear of nothing. He is far above homophobia or any phobia

But he has forbidden it. Now people who are gay have that choice to make.. I am no one to judge them.. that is between them and God.

Appreciate 0
      08-20-2007, 01:04 AM   #18
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: E90 325i Arctic

The general beleif is that God created man and woman, and gave them sex organs that are pleasurable to use, so that they would use them and create more humans. After the trials and tribulations of raising 1, if sex weren't as enjoyable as it is, you might be highly discouraged of ever trying it again.

"Well, the last time I stuck my thing in your thing, we ended up with junior. I don't recall putting my thing in your thing was all that much fun, we got all sticky and then we both smelled for a few days, and that itching. Nah, I'll pass"
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2007, 01:35 AM   #19
fobunited
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i, 2011 550i

Hmmm... in our present day, I don't feel like God "requires" me to do anything. For the sake of not wanting to explain myself, I call myself a Christian, but do not feel enslaved to religious rituals.

I do not feel that I HAVE to go to church or will go to hell, nor do I HAVE to give money, or I HAVE to pray, or I HAVE to read the Bible. If we HAVE to do anything to "win" God's favor or "earn" our way into heaven, then how are we experiencing the freedom in Christ that I believe He won for me?

I think that is completely opposite to what many Christians today do, although on paper, they'll probably say they agree with me, yet their actions and condemnations of those less religious speak otherwise. Hopefully Enfield, as with our brief discussion in the other post, we can continue to learn more about each other and grow in our mutual respect of each other. I do hope, however, that I can humbly be as much of a representation of Christ that I can be, and in that light, your view of Christianity can be changed.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2007, 01:44 AM   #20
GP20
Major
Rep

Drives: Z4M

People realize there's no Santa Claus, but they refuse to believe there's no god either.

If there was god, there wouldn't be so many innocent people dying from crimes and other unjustified causes, etc (and please don't say any of those "they went to a better place" bullshit).

If there was god, he certainly didn't deserve all the worships and respect - he can't be bothered to give 2 shit to save people, to help people when they truly need it.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2007, 10:31 AM   #21
NaTuReB0Y