BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

European Auto Source (EAS)
Closed Thread

11-17-2012, 07:35 PM   #23
bobby@pyspeed.com[retired]
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 M3

In fairness, PYSpeed did offer a $100 refund to Edward (manari06), but declined to accept this and said, "Thanks for the offer but is ok I'll take the loss, I learn from my mistakes." We do too learn from our mistakes. Moving forward we will stress that APO shipments will be Parcel Post by default unless asked to ship via Priority with the price reflecting this option. We do appreciate your eye opening approach to teach us a lesson.

We welcome all APO orders and will promise to disclose the shipping type and will be open to discussing which shipping method you would like.

Enjoy Pre-Black friday deals by calling or emailing PYSpeed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 07:47 PM   #24
gnhm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 / F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby@pyspeed.com View Post
In fairness, PYSpeed did offer a $100 refund to Edward (manari06), but declined to accept this and said, "Thanks for the offer but is ok I'll take the loss, I learn from my mistakes." We do too learn from our mistakes. Moving forward we will stress that APO shipments will be Parcel Post by default unless asked to ship via Priority with the price reflecting this option. We do appreciate your eye opening approach to teach us a lesson.

We welcome all APO orders and will promise to disclose the shipping type and will be open to discussing which shipping method you would like.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
I doubt you would have offered him a refund if it wasn't for this thread. All i've been hearing about your business is negative dealings over the past couple of months. I don't know how you're still a vendor here to be honest.
      11-17-2012, 09:26 PM   #25
Johndong888
John
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 M3, '18 S560, '16 G63

I know most vendor charge no more than $100 for shipping the wheels. If this is the case, PYspeed effectively has charged you $200 to priority mail your TPMS!! WTH is this BS?!!!?

Obviously the correct thing to do is to refund back the appropriate shipping charges. Damn how can a vendor here be that shady and still be a vendor? BAN them!

Current - 2012 AW/FR E92 M3 | 2014 AW X5 | 2015 MB S550 | 2016 RR V8 (White FTW)
Mods - BPMTune Stg1/Servo, Euro Visors & Side Mirror, IND Gloss Blk Pkg, OEM Perf. CF Trim/Spoiler, Grills, Lights, Pedals, Umnitza V4 AE, ModeCarbon GTS V1, 19" HRE P40
Sold - 2008 BSM/Black E92 335i
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 01:07 AM   #26
manari06
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3, 2016 X5 50i

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 E92  [9.50]
2007 335I Coupe  [10.00]
Quote:

― Mahatma Gandhi
Yes I stated that you offered me a $100 refund and I said no thank you! But regardless it has to do with charging the fair price, there's no way in hell that if you from the get go would of told me $300 for Parcel I was going to buy from you. Heck I even requested a quote from **********s and I was quoted $150 Parcel which is till too much. I know and a lot of members and Service Members stationed overseas now know how USPS charges for APO shipping. you can try to justified how you carlculate shipping but bottom line is that you are over charging buyers on the shipping charges period. You said you can't control how Vendors ship the items but you sure know how to charge the shipping charges even though you got no idea which form of shipping they been shipped! Just saying.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 01:10 AM   #27
manari06
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 E92  [9.50]
2007 335I Coupe  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnhm3 View Post
I doubt you would have offered him a refund if it wasn't for this thread. All i've been hearing about your business is negative dealings over the past couple of months. I don't know how you're still a vendor here to be honest.
+1
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 01:40 AM   #28
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

Quote:
In fairness, PYSpeed did offer a $100 refund to Edward (manari06)...
It costs ~$50 a wheel to ship priority - you need to offer a $200 refund....or better yet, tell him to refuse acceptance & they will be returned for full refund.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 02:33 AM   #29
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Touring

Garage List
At this point, I would order a set of whatever from Tirerack w/priority. Youll get them sooner than the PYSpeed and then send those back for full refund. Get with Ben from Tirerack on the forum, Im sure he will help you out.

FWIW, I ordered some spacers from PYSpeed, they came quickly and when I had an issue with the bolts, they sent another set out asap and Im at an APO AE. The shipping was reasonable and priority mail. Not justifying anything, just giving my experience with them.
      11-18-2012, 03:23 AM   #30
manari06
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 E92  [9.50]
2007 335I Coupe  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
It costs ~$50 a wheel to ship priority - you need to offer a $200 refund....or better yet, tell him to refuse acceptance & they will be returned for full refund.
I really don't think it cost that much either! PYspeed advertise $99 for domestic shiping, well APO is a domestic address and USPS charges the same $99 to ship it regardless if is going from Cali to NY or Cali to APO.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 03:26 AM   #31
manari06
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 E92  [9.50]
2007 335I Coupe  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoblotto View Post
At this point, I would order a set of whatever from Tirerack w/priority. Youll get them sooner than the PYSpeed and then send those back for full refund. Get with Ben from Tirerack on the forum, Im sure he will help you out.

FWIW, I ordered some spacers from PYSpeed, they came quickly and when I had an issue with the bolts, they sent another set out asap and Im at an APO AE. The shipping was reasonable and priority mail. Not justifying anything, just giving my experience with them.
I should of gone with TireRack from the get go! I really like the VMR and this is why I got them from PYspeed because TireRack don't carry those wheels. I did order the tires with TireRack and already sitting at the house and all I paid was $86 Priority and with 2 sets of brake pads for my wife's car.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 04:01 AM   #32
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Well, I ordered a set of winters for my wifes X5 in mid Oct from Tirerack and they are not here yet. I forgot to change it to priority (noticed it on confirmation ship email) and it was the week Sandy hit so Im double screwed. Its cool because she has x-drive and some decent all seasons, but Im not a fan of tires that do ok in all conditions. winters for winter, perf for summer. Still, waiting for the wheels/tires so I can do her brakes also... But everytime I have ordered from Tirerack, Ive done priority, it has not been crazy expensive and arrives super fast and their prices are fair and way better than anything on the ecoomy. Big fan here.
      11-18-2012, 04:58 AM   #33
manari06
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 E92  [9.50]
2007 335I Coupe  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoblotto View Post
Well, I ordered a set of winters for my wifes X5 in mid Oct from Tirerack and they are not here yet. I forgot to change it to priority (noticed it on confirmation ship email) and it was the week Sandy hit so Im double screwed. Its cool because she has x-drive and some decent all seasons, but Im not a fan of tires that do ok in all conditions. winters for winter, perf for summer. Still, waiting for the wheels/tires so I can do her brakes also... But everytime I have ordered from Tirerack, Ive done priority, it has not been crazy expensive and arrives super fast and their prices are fair and way better than anything on the ecoomy. Big fan here.
Yeah I have ordered thru TireRack before around February when my E92 335I got to Germany I needed new tires for my 19" Miro 111, I order them and 6 days later I had them delivered. This is why I order the winter tires with them again and as always great customer service and super fast delivery. All my tire and wheel purchases from now on will be thru TireRack.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 05:07 AM   #34
Khrishna
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:

― Mahatma Gandhi
Is this post meant to prempt your sale? or about experience with a problem customer?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 05:24 AM   #35
Cyclone Chris
US Air Force. HUAP.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 SG M3 ZCP / DCT

Quote:

― Mahatma Gandhi
That is ridiculous. You should reimburse the customer no matter what. I hate it when vendors take advantage of customers like that. You're basically stealing money by charging $X amount over for shipping.

APO is the exact same as shipping domestic. The zip code is in NY. The only difference is that you must fill out a customs form that takes 2 mins max.

I'll make sure I wont be ordering anything from this vendor and pass the word around that they take advantage of military folks stationed overseas with their astronomical shipping prices.

I have dealt with many other automotive vendors and most of the time the shipping is free to APO... even though it's not necessary, it's a nice gesture on their behalf.

2005 Pontiac GTO - 6Spd - 445 RWHP/415 RWTQ - SOLD
2013 BMW M3 Coupe - /// Competition Pkg /// Premium Pkg /// Dual Clutch Transmission /// BMW Apps /// Heated Seats ///
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 05:54 AM   #36
manari06
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 E92  [9.50]
2007 335I Coupe  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone Chris View Post
That is ridiculous. You should reimburse the customer no matter what. I hate it when vendors take advantage of customers like that. You're basically stealing money by charging $X amount over for shipping.

APO is the exact same as shipping domestic. The zip code is in NY. The only difference is that you must fill out a customs form that takes 2 mins max.

I'll make sure I wont be ordering anything from this vendor and pass the word around that they take advantage of military folks stationed overseas with their astronomical shipping prices.

I have dealt with many other automotive vendors and most of the time the shipping is free to APO... even though it's not necessary, it's a nice gesture on their behalf.
Like I said before Bro let this be a lesson for future buyers and for the rest of the vendors here!!!! From now on I will be inquiring about any vendors I haven't order anything from before I do!!!!
      11-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #37
jpan08
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e36 M3, e92 M3, Triumph 675

Won't be ordering from them ever again.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 03:54 PM   #38
manari06
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 E92  [9.50]
2007 335I Coupe  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpan08 View Post
Won't be ordering from them ever again.
A boycott of this type of vendors is what we need to do! See how their business goes down the drain with forum members not buying from them until they improve their customer service and charge people what's right.
      11-19-2012, 12:22 AM   #39
Enlisted Member
Rep

Edward,

We at no time have ever taken advantage of any customer.

Look back at the email communication we had, we Never represented that we would ship Priority USPS. Would you agree? Would you also agree we Never coerced you to pay for the wheel set and shipping charges.
Please don't misrepresent PYSpeed's integrity.

A company has the right to charge any amount for any item. We choose to provide people very low prices on all of our products and this is just one of the reasons why people have purchased multiple items from us. It is the consumer that has to make the decision to purchase the item or service. And you sir had decided to make the purchase and gave us permission to charge your credit card for the amount agreed. The invoice and all email correspondence can be pasted here if you would like.
Our goal is to provide all our customers an enjoyable experience. We are always looking to improve. We would like your input on ways we can improve our customer service. Please let us know.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 01:08 AM   #40
manari06
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 E92  [9.50]
2007 335I Coupe  [10.00]
Quote:
Edward,

We at no time have ever taken advantage of any customer.

Look back at the email communication we had, we Never represented that we would ship Priority USPS. Would you agree? Would you also agree we Never coerced you to pay for the wheel set and shipping charges.
Please don't misrepresent PYSpeed's integrity.

A company has the right to charge any amount for any item. We choose to provide people very low prices on all of our products and this is just one of the reasons why people have purchased multiple items from us. It is the consumer that has to make the decision to purchase the item or service. And you sir had decided to make the purchase and gave us permission to charge your credit card for the amount agreed. The invoice and all email correspondence can be pasted here if you would like.
Our goal is to provide all our customers an enjoyable experience. We are always looking to improve. We would like your input on ways we can improve our customer service. Please let us know.

OK show me the receipt from USPS with my zip code that says $300 for Parcel because you sure had the shipping prices lock down. As a matter of facts I will take the measurements and weight of each box and then go to USPS and calculate shipping from your address to mine and post them on here just to prove to you and the forum community how much USPS actually charges. no matter what you say you know that you over charged me for shipping but yeah you didn't coerced me into buying the wheels you told me were in stock and it took 2 weeks to be shipped and shipped the cheapest way for your company to make more money out of me. Yes every possible chance I get to influence a member not to buy from this company and getting taken advantage of I will do that. I will encourage them not to buy from you period and let them know of my horrible experience with you and this company.
      11-19-2012, 01:22 AM   #41
Enlisted Member
Rep

The last time I checked PYSpeed and all other vendors that advertise here are in business for profit. Also, remember, shipping costs are going to be lower than what is charged as many forget to add the cost of handling and material. Labor isn't cheap and just like you and everyone else NOBODY likes to work for free.

On a lighter note...
I am glad you are fighting for our country as you don't give up. You definitely live by your slogan: "I am the Strength Behind the Fight!"

Enjoy your Thanks Giving. =) This is my last post about this matter.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 01:42 AM   #42
iDriveBMW3
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by manari06 View Post
OK show me the receipt from USPS with my zip code that says $300 for Parcel because you sure had the shipping prices lock down. As a matter of facts I will take the measurements and weight of each box and then go to USPS and calculate shipping from your address to mine and post them on here just to prove to you and the forum community how much USPS actually charges. no matter what you say you know that you over charged me for shipping but yeah you didn't coerced me into buying the wheels you told me were in stock and it took 2 weeks to be shipped and shipped the cheapest way for your company to make more money out of me. Yes every possible chance I get to influence a member not to buy from this company and getting taken advantage of I will do that. I will encourage them not to buy from you period and let them know of my horrible experience with you and this company.
Manari - Illesheim, Germany
This location, APO AE 09140 (googling Illesheim APO)
PYSpeed SAN JOSE CA 95131

Assuming calculation on one wheel at 25+ lbs w/ insurance
You'll need to multiply by 4 since the quote is only one wheel.
300, reasonable or overcharging? Not sure but the pics speaks for itself.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 04:14 AM   #43
manari06
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 E92  [9.50]
2007 335I Coupe  [10.00]
Is all about customer service and building good business relations with customers. I would of care less about the shipping because from the get go I paid the charges, what bothers me more was that I was lied to about the wheels being in stock when they didn't, then it takes me emailing Bobby asking why almost 2 weeks later the wheels are still not shipped and me almost cancelling the order for them to ship my wheels.

I will not let this experience with this vendor discourage me from purchasing from other vendors I'm just going to be more careful and ask all the questions before ordering.
      11-19-2012, 04:55 AM   #44
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDriveBMW3 View Post
Assuming calculation on one wheel at 25+ lbs w/ insurance
You'll need to multiply by 4 since the quote is only one wheel.
300, reasonable or overcharging? Not sure but the pics speaks for itself.
Ok, this is what I got.

Return the wheels when you get them in 6-8 weeks, order from Tirerack now, done...
Attached Images

Last edited by Erie Von Otto; 11-19-2012 at 08:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread