BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis / Spacers
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-26-2012, 10:57 PM   #1
///SHiBA
Second Lieutenant
///SHiBA's Avatar
3
Rep
209
Posts

 
Drives: '11 E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (4)

FS: KW V3 w/o EDC

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold
Location:
✓ Will Ship
Item Interest
Sold!

__________________
2011 E92 M3 JZB | Eisenmann | Challenge | KW | BBS | iND

Last edited by ///SHiBA; 12-02-2012 at 08:20 PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2012, 09:58 PM   #2
///SHiBA
Second Lieutenant
///SHiBA's Avatar
3
Rep
209
Posts

 
Drives: '11 E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (4)

Bumpage!
__________________
2011 E92 M3 JZB | Eisenmann | Challenge | KW | BBS | iND
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 10:55 AM   #3
///SHiBA
Second Lieutenant
///SHiBA's Avatar
3
Rep
209
Posts

 
Drives: '11 E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (4)

Bump...make offers.
__________________
2011 E92 M3 JZB | Eisenmann | Challenge | KW | BBS | iND
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 11:55 AM   #4
///SHiBA
Second Lieutenant
///SHiBA's Avatar
3
Rep
209
Posts

 
Drives: '11 E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (4)

ttt...
__________________
2011 E92 M3 JZB | Eisenmann | Challenge | KW | BBS | iND
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 11:57 AM   #5
dmk08
///Maniac
dmk08's Avatar
85
Rep
3,520
Posts

 
Drives: 15 F80 MG/SO 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
Any idea what it would take to put these on a car w/ EDC? Just some kind of EDC simulator?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 01:31 PM   #6
///SHiBA
Second Lieutenant
///SHiBA's Avatar
3
Rep
209
Posts

 
Drives: '11 E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Any idea what it would take to put these on a car w/ EDC? Just some kind of EDC simulator?
Hope this helps: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=752975

Thanks!
__________________
2011 E92 M3 JZB | Eisenmann | Challenge | KW | BBS | iND
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #7
///SHiBA
Second Lieutenant
///SHiBA's Avatar
3
Rep
209
Posts

 
Drives: '11 E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (4)

Pending sale...
__________________
2011 E92 M3 JZB | Eisenmann | Challenge | KW | BBS | iND
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2012, 09:47 PM   #8
///SHiBA
Second Lieutenant
///SHiBA's Avatar
3
Rep
209
Posts

 
Drives: '11 E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (4)

Buyer fell through...BUMP!
__________________
2011 E92 M3 JZB | Eisenmann | Challenge | KW | BBS | iND
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 01:29 PM   #9
///SHiBA
Second Lieutenant
///SHiBA's Avatar
3
Rep
209
Posts

 
Drives: '11 E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (4)

Bump...price dropped
__________________
2011 E92 M3 JZB | Eisenmann | Challenge | KW | BBS | iND
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 01:33 PM   #10
raziel5201314
Lieutenant
10
Rep
556
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Santa Barbara, CA

iTrader: (1)

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///SHiBA View Post
Bump...price dropped
Wondering if my car has the EDC setting, what is going to be like? My EDC will be on sport mode constantly, right?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #11
VSmotorsports
Lieutenant Colonel
VSmotorsports's Avatar
56
Rep
1,633
Posts

 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Schaumburg, IL

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to VSmotorsports
Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel5201314 View Post
Wondering if my car has the EDC setting, what is going to be like? My EDC will be on sport mode constantly, right?
EDC is disabled and the car will run like it never had it
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 01:40 PM   #12
raziel5201314
Lieutenant
10
Rep
556
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Santa Barbara, CA

iTrader: (1)

hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSmotorsports View Post
EDC is disabled and the car will run like it never had it
So it will run like on the comfort mode i guess.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #13
VSmotorsports
Lieutenant Colonel
VSmotorsports's Avatar
56
Rep
1,633
Posts

 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Schaumburg, IL

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to VSmotorsports
Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel5201314 View Post
So it will run like on the comfort mode i guess.
it really depends on the settings, you can adjust it to your liking
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 01:45 PM   #14
raziel5201314
Lieutenant
10
Rep
556
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Santa Barbara, CA

iTrader: (1)

hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSmotorsports View Post
little bit stiffer because of the different spring rate
OK, i see. But it does not even better than the EDC when is on, right?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 01:46 PM   #15
Ilia@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Ilia@IND's Avatar
111
Rep
2,210
Posts


 
Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (3)

The ride quality at that point is determined by the spring/damper combination, as opposed to the EDC settings. The EDC settings are no longer a factor.

Variant 3 coilovers use a progressive rate spring and very well matched dampers, so the ride quality is good. I'd compare it to EDC "normal" setting.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 10:16 PM   #16
///SHiBA
Second Lieutenant
///SHiBA's Avatar
3
Rep
209
Posts

 
Drives: '11 E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSmotorsports View Post
EDC is disabled and the car will run like it never had it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilia@IND View Post
The ride quality at that point is determined by the spring/damper combination, as opposed to the EDC settings. The EDC settings are no longer a factor.

Variant 3 coilovers use a progressive rate spring and very well matched dampers, so the ride quality is good. I'd compare it to EDC "normal" setting.
Thanks for the info fellas!
__________________
2011 E92 M3 JZB | Eisenmann | Challenge | KW | BBS | iND
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 03:07 AM   #17
raziel5201314
Lieutenant
10
Rep
556
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Santa Barbara, CA

iTrader: (1)

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilia@IND View Post
The ride quality at that point is determined by the spring/damper combination, as opposed to the EDC settings. The EDC settings are no longer a factor.

Variant 3 coilovers use a progressive rate spring and very well matched dampers, so the ride quality is good. I'd compare it to EDC "normal" setting.
My understanding is the KW V3 is the same as EDC "Normal" setting? What if i want the KW V3 preform as the OEM EDC "sport plus" setting?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 11:24 PM   #18
///SHiBA
Second Lieutenant
///SHiBA's Avatar
3
Rep
209
Posts

 
Drives: '11 E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel5201314 View Post
My understanding is the KW V3 is the same as EDC "Normal" setting? What if i want the KW V3 preform as the OEM EDC "sport plus" setting?
Good question...hopefully one of the sponsors can chime in.

Still available! Price drop!
__________________
2011 E92 M3 JZB | Eisenmann | Challenge | KW | BBS | iND
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 11:39 PM   #19
Z K
Colonel
Z K's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
2,174
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3, MK6 GLI
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (3)

The OEM EDC does not have a Sport Plus setting. I think you have it confused with the Power setting.

The KW V3 is fully adjustable, you can set it up to be stiff like a "RACE" setting if you want or tune it down to something equivalent to Normal EDC setting.

It is fully adjustable to whatever you like, but know that you can only set it up once... changing the suspension setting requires you to take apart the trunk interior and crawl under the car.

EDC really does not do anything to the car. All it does is change the suspension stiffness. It's operation is very simple and does not change the performance of the car much at all - just how it feels to you. IMO, EDC is very overrated.

Last edited by Z K; 11-22-2012 at 11:48 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2012, 10:43 PM   #20
///SHiBA
Second Lieutenant
///SHiBA's Avatar
3
Rep
209
Posts

 
Drives: '11 E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
The OEM EDC does not have a Sport Plus setting. I think you have it confused with the Power setting.

The KW V3 is fully adjustable, you can set it up to be stiff like a "RACE" setting if you want or tune it down to something equivalent to Normal EDC setting.

It is fully adjustable to whatever you like, but know that you can only set it up once... changing the suspension setting requires you to take apart the trunk interior and crawl under the car.

EDC really does not do anything to the car. All it does is change the suspension stiffness. It's operation is very simple and does not change the performance of the car much at all - just how it feels to you. IMO, EDC is very overrated.
Thanks!

Still available
__________________
2011 E92 M3 JZB | Eisenmann | Challenge | KW | BBS | iND
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 11:11 PM   #21
///SHiBA
Second Lieutenant
///SHiBA's Avatar
3
Rep
209
Posts

 
Drives: '11 E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (4)

Pending sale
__________________
2011 E92 M3 JZB | Eisenmann | Challenge | KW | BBS | iND
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 10:29 PM   #22
///SHiBA
Second Lieutenant
///SHiBA's Avatar
3
Rep
209
Posts

 
Drives: '11 E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (4)

Sold!
__________________
2011 E92 M3 JZB | Eisenmann | Challenge | KW | BBS | iND
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST