BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #1
BMWNTHZST
Enthusiast
 
BMWNTHZST's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 971
iTrader: (21)

Garage List
1997 BMW 840CI  [5.00]
2011 BMW M3  [3.50]
2008 BMW 335i Conve ...  [4.20]
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
Can anyone help me? I'm looking for a E46 M3.

The search is over...I found an '04 Laguna Seca Blue on Saturday

I'm in search of an early model (2001 - 2004) E46 M3 Coupe (no verts please) with 125,000km or less.

My budget is $18,000 tops.

The car has to be a manual I don't want and don't need SMG issues. It also has to be a Canadian car (or at least registered as one now). I don't want the headache of bringing it across the boarder.

In a perfect world the car would be white with no sunroof however I can't be that fussy I know.

I'm well aware this isn't the right forum to post this however you folks may know someone with an E46 who's looking to upgrade.

Thanks in advance for any leads.
__________________
2011 E92 ///M3 Alpine White / Black
2008 E93 335i Black Sapphire Metallic / Saddle Brown
1997 840Ci Jet Black / Black
2004 E46 ///M3 Laguna Seca Blue / Black

Last edited by BMWNTHZST; 11-18-2012 at 05:24 PM.
BMWNTHZST is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #2
Jaypod
Brigadier General
 
Jaypod's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen Silver M3, AM V8V
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,916
iTrader: (7)

I have been toying with the idea of gutting this and turning it into a track car

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/BMW/M/RIC...howcpo=ShowCPO
Jaypod is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2012, 12:51 PM   #3
BMWNTHZST
Enthusiast
 
BMWNTHZST's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 971
iTrader: (21)

Garage List
1997 BMW 840CI  [5.00]
2011 BMW M3  [3.50]
2008 BMW 335i Conve ...  [4.20]
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
I have been toying with the idea of gutting this and turning it into a track car

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/BMW/M/RIC...howcpo=ShowCPO
Ha ha ha, I drove it this past weekend. It pulled well however something wasn't right so I backed away from it.

The rear tow hook up isn't there I mean where you actually screw the tow hook into the frame. It wasn't there.

Plus the car was clearly never looked after by it's previous owners.
BMWNTHZST is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #4
Jaypod
Brigadier General
 
Jaypod's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen Silver M3, AM V8V
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,916
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWNTHZST View Post
Ha ha ha, I drove it this past weekend. It pulled well however something wasn't right so I backed away from it.

The rear tow hook up isn't there I mean where you actually screw the tow hook into the frame. It wasn't there.

Plus the car was clearly never looked after by it's previous owners.
Haha thats funny, not a lot of 'cheap' ones around. Strange about the rear tow hook - maybe rear ended in the past and bumper replaced?

For me as long and the motor and transmission is in good order and no structural damage to the frame etc. then it would be okay. I would completely gut the car and put in race seats and roll cage etc. I was actually thinking of maybe finding an E30 M3 and doing the same thing plus an engine swap
Jaypod is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #5
BMWNTHZST
Enthusiast
 
BMWNTHZST's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 971
iTrader: (21)

Garage List
1997 BMW 840CI  [5.00]
2011 BMW M3  [3.50]
2008 BMW 335i Conve ...  [4.20]
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
Haha thats funny, not a lot of 'cheap' ones around. Strange about the rear tow hook - maybe rear ended in the past and bumper replaced?

For me as long and the motor and transmission is in good order and no structural damage to the frame etc. then it would be okay. I would completely gut the car and put in race seats and roll cage etc. I was actually thinking of maybe finding an E30 M3 and doing the same thing plus an engine swap
Look no further then. This is the car for you. I almost bought it myself!
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152864
BMWNTHZST is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #6
Jaypod
Brigadier General
 
Jaypod's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen Silver M3, AM V8V
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,916
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWNTHZST View Post
Look no further then. This is the car for you. I almost bought it myself!
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152864
That is really nice and a good deal too. For some reason the E36 doesn't do it for my anymore as a track car though
Jaypod is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2012, 02:36 PM   #7
BMWNTHZST
Enthusiast
 
BMWNTHZST's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 971
iTrader: (21)

Garage List
1997 BMW 840CI  [5.00]
2011 BMW M3  [3.50]
2008 BMW 335i Conve ...  [4.20]
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
That is really nice and a good deal too. For some reason the E36 doesn't do it for my anymore as a track car though
You sound just like me If I could afford it I'd buy and gut an E9X for the track.
BMWNTHZST is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2012, 02:52 PM   #8
Jaypod
Brigadier General
 
Jaypod's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen Silver M3, AM V8V
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,916
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWNTHZST View Post
You sound just like me If I could afford it I'd buy and gut an E9X for the track.
That thought crosses my mind daily. If I didnt have the frozen paint job I just might! Should have kept the E90 maybe.

I will just have to be patient and wait for the next car to come in.
Jaypod is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      11-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #9
Twinbo
First Lieutenant
 
Twinbo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 F150 Platinum
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Calgary, AB

Posts: 331
iTrader: (0)

This one is a little above your price but is a beaut!
http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ429673044
Twinbo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-13-2012, 10:33 PM   #10
redline9001
Captain
 
redline9001's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3, MDX, Titan
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Calgary, Canada

Posts: 628
iTrader: (0)

Just make sure the rod bearing recalls have been done on the early model cars...
__________________
2011 E92 M3 | JEREZ BLACK | EXTENDED BAMBOO NOVILLO | EXECUTIVE PKG | M-DRIVE | EDC | M-DCT
MODS | KW S/O | HRE P40SC | Akra Evo |ESS Akra Tune | BMC drop in | StopTech Trophies | TMS Pulley | LUX V3
redline9001 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-22-2012, 06:27 PM   #11
AP2
Captain
 
Drives: N54
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 935
iTrader: (0)

Still looking? Considering selling mine:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12919453

Let me know if you are interested!
AP2 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-22-2012, 06:54 PM   #12
Jaypod
Brigadier General
 
Jaypod's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen Silver M3, AM V8V
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,916
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP2 View Post
Still looking? Considering selling mine:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12919453

Let me know if you are interested!

Nice ride! I would have a hard time turning that into a dedicated track car though!

looking at his sig and op looks like he found an '04 LSB
Jaypod is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      11-22-2012, 06:59 PM   #13
BMWNTHZST
Enthusiast
 
BMWNTHZST's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 971
iTrader: (21)

Garage List
1997 BMW 840CI  [5.00]
2011 BMW M3  [3.50]
2008 BMW 335i Conve ...  [4.20]
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP2 View Post
Still looking? Considering selling mine:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12919453

Let me know if you are interested!
Very nice car!

Thanks for the offe however I forgot to update this thread.

This past weekend I bought an '04 E46 in Laguna Blue. The body was in my opinion a 7/10 which is just perfect for what I plan on doing to the car.

Your car looks to nice to strip down anyway. GLWS!

Ill post pics of my new track car when I have some time to take a few.
BMWNTHZST is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-22-2012, 07:43 PM   #14
AP2
Captain
 
Drives: N54
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 935
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWNTHZST View Post
Very nice car!

Thanks for the offe however I forgot to update this thread.

This past weekend I bought an '04 E46 in Laguna Blue. The body was in my opinion a 7/10 which is just perfect for what I plan on doing to the car.

Your car looks to nice to strip down anyway. GLWS!

Ill post pics of my new track car when I have some time to take a few.
Congrats on the new car! Decided to move out west recently. If it doesn't sell/go to a good home, I might just bring it with me.
AP2 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2012, 08:36 AM   #15
BMWNTHZST
Enthusiast
 
BMWNTHZST's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 971
iTrader: (21)

Garage List
1997 BMW 840CI  [5.00]
2011 BMW M3  [3.50]
2008 BMW 335i Conve ...  [4.20]
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
After I cleaned the filthy engine bay I took a few quick shots. Sorry for the poor iPhone pics.
Attached Images
    
BMWNTHZST is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 06:49 PM   #16
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
 
JulieDriving's Avatar
 
Drives: Bimmer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,308
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
BMWNTHZST, great find! Good year too. If it's not mistaken, it's the first year of the LCI for the E46 M3?
__________________
2013 M3 coupe (Azurite Black, Black, Piano Black)
+ miata nut (2 miatas) + Mk6 GTI 5-door hatch (our mini-SUV )
JulieDriving is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 07:20 PM   #17
BMWNTHZST
Enthusiast
 
BMWNTHZST's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 971
iTrader: (21)

Garage List
1997 BMW 840CI  [5.00]
2011 BMW M3  [3.50]
2008 BMW 335i Conve ...  [4.20]
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
BMWNTHZST, great find! Good year too. If it's not mistaken, it's the first year of the LCI for the E46 M3?
Thanks Julie!

You do know your cars. That was the first year of the LCI.

The car did need some TLC to bring it back to what I would expect from an M car.

It's being fitted with a roll cage as I type.
BMWNTHZST is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 08:09 PM   #18
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
 
JulieDriving's Avatar
 
Drives: Bimmer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,308
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWNTHZST View Post
Thanks Julie!

You do know your cars. That was the first year of the LCI.

The car did need some TLC to bring it back to what I would expect from an M car.

It's being fitted with a roll cage as I type.
Woot! Post pics when that's done.
__________________
2013 M3 coupe (Azurite Black, Black, Piano Black)
+ miata nut (2 miatas) + Mk6 GTI 5-door hatch (our mini-SUV )
JulieDriving is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:26 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST