BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs
 
VF Engineering
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #1
DetailersDomain
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
DetailersDomain's Avatar
 
Drives: FJ Cruiser
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: East Coast

Posts: 3,492
iTrader: (22)

Product Showcase - Auto Finesse Tripple - All In One

This is the first of a little series we have of these "product show cases" to to give you a bit more insight in to the individual products, there intended use, abilities and results obtainable. If anyone has a certain product they would like top see/hear more about please ask, as if we don't already have a set f pictures for the product we will take the time to do it for you.

Tripple is our all in one polish, a polish, glaze & wax all in one, its ideal for cleaning up tiered paint, preparing new paint, or when times tight as an all in one, also ideal for polishing, glazing and waxing door jambs & underbonnet paint up, as it removes water marks with easy.

Anyway, here it is in action on our little Mini test panel, basically showing its polishing and glazing abilities :


















A little water beading action:








Tripple is also very effective at restoring faded paint finishes too:






Joe & Mike get busy with a MF applicator each:






Removal:




And the reveal:












Any questions please feel free.
DetailersDomain is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-10-2012, 10:35 AM   #2
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
GOLFFRR's Avatar
 
Drives: Golf Cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Solvang, CA/Camarillo, CA

Posts: 13,977
iTrader: (4)

I have this stuff it works great! def a great product.
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST I CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Need a quote?..EMAIL: Bmwdavid@icloud.com | T.805.482.8878 ask for David Aviles
www.stevethomasbmw.com | OUR PARTS STORE | Facebook-DAVID | BMWDAVID.COM
GOLFFRR is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-10-2012, 12:55 PM   #3
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
 
tbone28's Avatar
 
Drives: ^^^^^
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,867
iTrader: (12)

So I can use this product without the need to buy any machines?
How often should/can this be used?
tbone28 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #4
M3Now!
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 09 E93, Jerez Black
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas

Posts: 372
iTrader: (0)

Okay, you have to help me out with this: I don't know all that much about polishing, but how does a polish take out swirls that bad without a buffer?
__________________


2009 E93 M3 - it's, um, pretty fun
M3Now! is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2012, 10:54 AM   #5
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
 
tbone28's Avatar
 
Drives: ^^^^^
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,867
iTrader: (12)

^ +1
tbone28 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2012, 11:36 AM   #6
rjd598
Brigadier General
 
rjd598's Avatar
 
Drives: 10' M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego,CA

Posts: 4,271
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Now! View Post
Okay, you have to help me out with this: I don't know all that much about polishing, but how does a polish take out swirls that bad without a buffer?
Because it has properties of a glaze. It will get rid of some swirls while at the same time fill them in or temporarily keep them hidden. It will have a strong month of protection on a daily driver for refernce
__________________
10 E90 M3/dct/ztp/zpp/heated seats/eps/19'/iPod
retired- 08 535i/nav/prem./L7/ipod
retired- 06 325i/nav/prem./sat/xenons/style 128

rjd598 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2012, 03:25 PM   #7
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
 
tbone28's Avatar
 
Drives: ^^^^^
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,867
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
Because it has properties of a glaze. It will get rid of some swirls while at the same time fill them in or temporarily keep them hidden. It will have a strong month of protection on a daily driver for refernce
So can I wash my car, then use this afterward?
tbone28 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #8
rjd598
Brigadier General
 
rjd598's Avatar
 
Drives: 10' M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego,CA

Posts: 4,271
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
So can I wash my car, then use this afterward?
yup your car will have very short term protection with tripple since it has wax in the product
__________________
10 E90 M3/dct/ztp/zpp/heated seats/eps/19'/iPod
retired- 08 535i/nav/prem./L7/ipod
retired- 06 325i/nav/prem./sat/xenons/style 128

rjd598 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #9
DetailersDomain
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
DetailersDomain's Avatar
 
Drives: FJ Cruiser
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: East Coast

Posts: 3,492
iTrader: (22)

yes you would be able to wash the car and go right to the tripple by hand or with a DA.
DetailersDomain is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2012, 03:44 PM   #10
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
 
tbone28's Avatar
 
Drives: ^^^^^
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,867
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
yup your car will have very short term protection with tripple since it has wax in the product
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
yes you would be able to wash the car and go right to the tripple by hand or with a DA.
Thanks guys. I'm not a detailer. Just your average weekend car washer, so this product would be great for someone like me. Would give me better results than a typical wash/wax. I'm going to give this a try
tbone28 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2012, 04:02 PM   #11
DetailersDomain
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
DetailersDomain's Avatar
 
Drives: FJ Cruiser
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: East Coast

Posts: 3,492
iTrader: (22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
So I can use this product without the need to buy any machines?
How often should/can this be used?
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Now! View Post
Okay, you have to help me out with this: I don't know all that much about polishing, but how does a polish take out swirls that bad without a buffer?
sure thing, this is a polish/glaze/wax - this was designed for the end user that doesn't have time to do a 10 hour paint correction on his/her car.

You can definitely use a DA to apply Tripple that's the way we do it at the shop.

I use this Tripple as the in between big job product.

Something quick after a wash that doesn't require much work.
DetailersDomain is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2012, 04:36 PM   #12
rjd598
Brigadier General
 
rjd598's Avatar
 
Drives: 10' M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego,CA

Posts: 4,271
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
Thanks guys. I'm not a detailer. Just your average weekend car washer, so this product would be great for someone like me. Would give me better results than a typical wash/wax. I'm going to give this a try
any other help you need let me know! glad to always educate in detailing as best i can
__________________
10 E90 M3/dct/ztp/zpp/heated seats/eps/19'/iPod
retired- 08 535i/nav/prem./L7/ipod
retired- 06 325i/nav/prem./sat/xenons/style 128

rjd598 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2012, 04:39 PM   #13
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
 
tbone28's Avatar
 
Drives: ^^^^^
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,867
iTrader: (12)

tbone28 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2012, 04:53 PM   #14
6spdg37s
Captain
 
Drives: none
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: dirty jerz

Posts: 754
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
sure thing, this is a polish/glaze/wax - this was designed for the end user that doesn't have time to do a 10 hour paint correction on his/her car.

You can definitely use a DA to apply Tripple that's the way we do it at the shop.

I use this Tripple as the in between big job product.

Something quick after a wash that doesn't require much work.
would this be good as a new car prep kinda thing too ??

In other words..I used to be big into detailing but recently I sold my Porter cable and stuff...

When my M3 comes I wanna clean it up nice , correct anything minor from shipping/prep and then just keep it clean/protected..

could I follow this product up with like adams americana or something to get longer life??
6spdg37s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2012, 08:04 PM   #15
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
 
tbone28's Avatar
 
Drives: ^^^^^
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,867
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
sure thing, this is a polish/glaze/wax - this was designed for the end user that doesn't have time to do a 10 hour paint correction on his/her car.

You can definitely use a DA to apply Tripple that's the way we do it at the shop.

I use this Tripple as the in between big job product.

Something quick after a wash that doesn't require much work.
Thanks! Just ordered this and a bunch of other stuff. Can't wait to try them all out
tbone28 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2012, 11:32 PM   #16
DetailersDomain
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
DetailersDomain's Avatar
 
Drives: FJ Cruiser
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: East Coast

Posts: 3,492
iTrader: (22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdg37s View Post
would this be good as a new car prep kinda thing too ??

In other words..I used to be big into detailing but recently I sold my Porter cable and stuff...

When my M3 comes I wanna clean it up nice , correct anything minor from shipping/prep and then just keep it clean/protected..

could I follow this product up with like adams americana or something to get longer life??
you could use this product that would be no problem at all, you can also top it with Adam's Americana Wax

however if your car has imperfections its still would be best to paint correct it prior to Tripple or Wax.

This way you insure a perfect or as close to perfect finish to start with.
DetailersDomain is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2012, 11:32 PM   #17
DetailersDomain
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
DetailersDomain's Avatar
 
Drives: FJ Cruiser
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: East Coast

Posts: 3,492
iTrader: (22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
Thanks! Just ordered this and a bunch of other stuff. Can't wait to try them all out
thanks!
DetailersDomain is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #18
fuzzybam
Private First Class
 
Drives: One with wheels
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA

Posts: 197
iTrader: (0)

Ordered this as well. Looks like it'll be a solid product for me.
fuzzybam is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2012, 06:12 PM   #19
e924u
New Member
 
e924u's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 AW E92
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 7
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
you could use this product that would be no problem at all, you can also top it with Adam's Americana Wax

however if your car has imperfections its still would be best to paint correct it prior to Tripple or Wax.

This way you insure a perfect or as close to perfect finish to start with.

what would be your recommendation for a new car prep? picked up my m3 on saturday but noticed yesterday there's some swirls on the roof and such
e924u is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2012, 06:22 PM   #20
Park2670
General
 
Park2670's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 CX-5
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: UTAH

Posts: 18,103
iTrader: (6)

I need to get some of this stuff!
__________________
Park2670 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #21
dagolfpro
Lieutenant Colonel
 
dagolfpro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,550
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e924u View Post
what would be your recommendation for a new car prep? picked up my m3 on saturday but noticed yesterday there's some swirls on the roof and such
sorry to thread jack...

I received your pm but you're too new to receive any pm. Check out my response here.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...6#post12984206
__________________
2011 E90 AW | DCT | ZCP | ZCV | ZCW | ZP2 | Prem Sound | Moonroof | BMW Apps |
ACM Exhaust Mod | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Painted Reflectors | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | 18" Volks TE37SL Pressed Graphite | Yokohama AD08 | Schroth 4 Point Harness | I swear I'm done, no more mods...
dagolfpro is online now   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2012, 06:52 PM   #22
e924u
New Member
 
e924u's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 AW E92
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 7
iTrader: (0)

woops! Thanks dagolfpro!
e924u is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST