BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-04-2013, 12:12 AM   #353
Da M3nace
Second Lieutenant
 
Da M3nace's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 M3E90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New York

Posts: 230
iTrader: (0)

I am in the market for new wheels, so glad I read through at least 80% of this long 4ss thread. Unbelievable how far ADV1 rep dug himself into a hole. You would have been better off leaving it be instead of initiating a response with a bogus proof of TUV certification.
Da M3nace is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2013, 02:29 AM   #354
aus
Major General
 
Drives: Odysse
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seal Beach, CA

Posts: 7,295
iTrader: (5)

Just had to show this thread on the M5 board:

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=869339

Dude is so proud of his $6,000 anchors that put his kids at risk.
.
__________________
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."

Last edited by aus; 08-05-2013 at 02:35 AM.
aus is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #355
BananaCar
Private
 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: May 2012
Location: ATLANTA, GA

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

ADV.1 Sad company that stretches... or makes up the truth. Hope they actually stop deflecting and post some evidence. However this thread has been going for years.. lol.
BananaCar is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-02-2013, 04:11 PM   #356
bunnn
Colonel
 
bunnn's Avatar
 
Drives: like a grandma
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 2,255
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OatmealZoom View Post
ADV.1 Sad company that stretches... or makes up the truth. Hope they actually stop deflecting and post some evidence. However this thread has been going for years.. lol.
Some people have not been in the scene long enough to know Adv.1 originated as 360 Forged which was a disaster story on its own.
__________________
Cheers
Ben
bunnn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-16-2014, 09:49 PM   #357
Jay-K
Colonel
 
Jay-K's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Indonesia

Posts: 2,423
iTrader: (0)

JDM FTW>
__________________
E92 330i BSM 09' - SOLD F10 523i BSM 10' - SOLD
E82 1M AW 11' - SOLD F10 M5 AW 12' - SOLD
E82 1M VO 12' - Akra, BMW Perf, ER
Jay-K is offline   Indonesia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2014, 06:27 PM   #358
Liquid2.0T
Private First Class
 
Drives: 335is
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 171
iTrader: (0)

Wow I never knew about ADV's shoddy quality.

What about WORK wheels are they legit?
Liquid2.0T is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2014, 08:11 PM   #359
Sebringjetta
Colonel
 
Sebringjetta's Avatar
 
Drives: E46m3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sacramento

Posts: 2,630
iTrader: (28)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINHEAD View Post
and...not ADV.1
__________________
Sebringjetta is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2014, 08:41 PM   #360
SUBFRAMERIPPER
Private First Class
 
SUBFRAMERIPPER's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E90
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Denver

Posts: 149
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid2.0T View Post
Wow I never knew about ADV's shoddy quality.

What about WORK wheels are they legit?
WORKs are some of the best.

http://fatlace.com/2013/02/7-days-in...heels-factory/
SUBFRAMERIPPER is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2014, 12:17 PM   #361
Overlord73
Dream Came True
 
Overlord73's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Houston

Posts: 61
iTrader: (4)

Work

I'm very glad that I went with a set of Work Brombachers. They may not be the lightest but they are definitely extremely strong, quality wheels. I've been a long time fan of JDM wheels and I've never understood the popularity of these "Boutique" manufacturers like ADV1 etc which basically outsource all of their production...just my two cents
Overlord73 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-20-2014, 02:15 AM   #362
aus
Major General
 
Drives: Odysse
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seal Beach, CA

Posts: 7,295
iTrader: (5)

I really want to warn them, but I'm pretty sure it'll be delete/locked and I may get banned, which is what happend to me on the M5 board.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=998509

.
__________________
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
aus is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-20-2014, 12:50 PM   #363
kawasaki00
Major
 
kawasaki00's Avatar
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Charlotte NC

Posts: 1,093
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
I really want to warn them, but I'm pretty sure it'll be delete/locked and I may get banned, which is what happend to me on the M5 board.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=998509

.
I threw my 2 cents in over there.

This has to be one of the most retarted things I have ever read
From luxury4play
"Dude, it may be true that ADV1 misrepresented the truth about currently being TUV certified but the best thing for you is to let it go. I've been on this site a while now and the majority of people here love ADV1. They don't care. They don't want to hear about the complaints others had with their wheels. They only care that ADV1 makes some very nice looking wheels....which they do.
The reality is that very few wheel dealers have any type of certification or standardization. On the other hand most wheels are made by the same company so the quality is mostly fine.
The few problems that come up occur from several companies. What sets these dealers apart is their customer service during and after the sale when a problem occurs. The people here are satisfied with ADV1 and you're beating a very dead horse.

You can continue to harp on this TUV thing if you like, it's your time but I don't see anything coming out of it except people will consider you a jerk"

If they are not certified and do not claim to be there really is no gripe..... but when they posted the fake certificates that is a entire different story.
__________________
Electronics Junkie, Engine Builder.

Last edited by kawasaki00; 06-20-2014 at 01:07 PM.
kawasaki00 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-20-2014, 01:20 PM   #364
W///
Brigadier General
 
W///'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3/1999 E36 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

Posts: 4,644
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki00 View Post
I threw my 2 cents in over there.

This has to be one of the most retarted things I have ever read
From luxury4play
"Dude, it may be true that ADV1 misrepresented the truth about currently being TUV certified but the best thing for you is to let it go. I've been on this site a while now and the majority of people here love ADV1. They don't care. They don't want to hear about the complaints others had with their wheels. They only care that ADV1 makes some very nice looking wheels....which they do.
The reality is that very few wheel dealers have any type of certification or standardization. On the other hand most wheels are made by the same company so the quality is mostly fine.
The few problems that come up occur from several companies. What sets these dealers apart is their customer service during and after the sale when a problem occurs. The people here are satisfied with ADV1 and you're beating a very dead horse.

You can continue to harp on this TUV thing if you like, it's your time but I don't see anything coming out of it except people will consider you a jerk"

If they are not certified and do not claim to be there really is no gripe..... but when they posted the fake certificates that is a entire different story.
That guy is hilarious

There's a good reason I don't hang on that website (or 6speed). Quality is "mostly fine"
__________________
2008 E92 M3: Sparkling Graphite | Bamboo Beige | 6MT | CF Roof | HRE | Eisenmann | BPM Sport | Swift | Arkym | Mode Carbon | M.Perf
W/// is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-20-2014, 01:28 PM   #365
whats77inaname
Banned
 
Drives: when at all possible
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tx

Posts: 1,740
iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
That guy is hilarious

There's a good reason I don't hang on that website (or 6speed). Quality is "mostly fine"
Just wait until a Lambo or Ferrari have a wheel failure and a $200k+ car eats a wall at highway speed. I don't think may people will think they're "mostly fine" after that. I just can't fathom how *stupid* people are sometimes. "I don't care if it isn't safe, just as long as I look good cruising in my ____."

*smh*
whats77inaname is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-20-2014, 02:11 PM   #366
kawasaki00
Major
 
kawasaki00's Avatar
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Charlotte NC

Posts: 1,093
iTrader: (4)

Check my posts over on the F80 board. People get MAD defensive when you say anything but positive about adv.1
__________________
Electronics Junkie, Engine Builder.
kawasaki00 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-20-2014, 05:31 PM   #367
aus
Major General
 
Drives: Odysse
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seal Beach, CA

Posts: 7,295
iTrader: (5)

If ADV is a sponsor there, be careful what you post. You'll get the banstick really quickly if you bash on a vender. Happend to me on the M5 subforum when I tried to warn them about ADV--- SUPER DEFENSIVE there too.

.
__________________
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
aus is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-20-2014, 06:35 PM   #368
kawasaki00
Major
 
kawasaki00's Avatar
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Charlotte NC

Posts: 1,093
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
If ADV is a sponsor there, be careful what you post. You'll get the banstick really quickly if you bash on a vender. Happend to me on the M5 subforum when I tried to warn them about ADV--- SUPER DEFENSIVE there too.

.
I appreciate the warning but I really could care less. If all that ever happens to me is banned on the Internet I will be just fine. Lol
If a company gets offended when the are busted posting fake certification who cares. Welcome to America, the land of the offended
__________________
Electronics Junkie, Engine Builder.
kawasaki00 is offline  
+1
Reply With Quote
      06-20-2014, 06:40 PM   #369
Hujan
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3; 2010 Z4 35i
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 1,518
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
If ADV is a sponsor there, be careful what you post. You'll get the banstick really quickly if you bash on a vender. Happend to me on the M5 subforum when I tried to warn them about ADV--- SUPER DEFENSIVE there too.

.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki00 View Post
I appreciate the warning but I really could care less. If all that ever happens to me is banned on the Internet I will be just fine. Lol
If a company gets offended when the are busted posting fake certification who cares. Welcome to America, the land of the offended
I love the smell of censorship in the morning. Smells like . . . greed.
Hujan is offline  
+1
Reply With Quote
      07-21-2014, 12:27 AM   #370
team3d
Registered
 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: LOS ANGELES

Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

good thread... took me 3 hour to read all the posts
team3d is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST