BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

03-04-2013, 12:12 AM   #353
Da M3nace
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 08 M3E90

I am in the market for new wheels, so glad I read through at least 80% of this long 4ss thread. Unbelievable how far ADV1 rep dug himself into a hole. You would have been better off leaving it be instead of initiating a response with a bogus proof of TUV certification.
      08-05-2013, 02:29 AM   #354
aus
Major General

Drives: Odysse

Just had to show this thread on the M5 board:

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=869339

Dude is so proud of his $6,000 anchors that put his kids at risk.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."

Last edited by aus; 08-05-2013 at 02:35 AM.
      09-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #355
BananaCar
Private

Drives: N/A

ADV.1 Sad company that stretches... or makes up the truth. Hope they actually stop deflecting and post some evidence. However this thread has been going for years.. lol.
      09-02-2013, 04:11 PM   #356
bunnn
Colonel

Drives: like a grandma

Quote:
Originally Posted by OatmealZoom View Post
ADV.1 Sad company that stretches... or makes up the truth. Hope they actually stop deflecting and post some evidence. However this thread has been going for years.. lol.
Some people have not been in the scene long enough to know Adv.1 originated as 360 Forged which was a disaster story on its own.
      01-16-2014, 09:49 PM   #357
Jay-K
Colonel

Drives: Slow

JDM FTW>
Jay-K is offline   Indonesia
      01-19-2014, 06:27 PM   #358
Liquid2.0T
Private First Class

Drives: 335is

Wow I never knew about ADV's shoddy quality.

What about WORK wheels are they legit?
      01-19-2014, 08:11 PM   #359
Sebringjetta
Colonel

Drives: E46m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINHEAD View Post
and...not ADV.1
      01-19-2014, 08:41 PM   #360
SUBFRAMERIPPER
Private First Class

Drives: 2009 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid2.0T View Post
Wow I never knew about ADV's shoddy quality.

What about WORK wheels are they legit?
WORKs are some of the best.

http://fatlace.com/2013/02/7-days-in...heels-factory/
SUBFRAMERIPPER is offline   United_States
      01-20-2014, 12:17 PM   #361
Overlord73
Dream Came True

Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Work

I'm very glad that I went with a set of Work Brombachers. They may not be the lightest but they are definitely extremely strong, quality wheels. I've been a long time fan of JDM wheels and I've never understood the popularity of these "Boutique" manufacturers like ADV1 etc which basically outsource all of their production...just my two cents
Overlord73 is offline   United_States
      06-20-2014, 02:15 AM   #362
aus
Major General

I really want to warn them, but I'm pretty sure it'll be delete/locked and I may get banned, which is what happend to me on the M5 board.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=998509

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
      06-20-2014, 12:50 PM   #363
kawasaki00
Major

Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
I really want to warn them, but I'm pretty sure it'll be delete/locked and I may get banned, which is what happend to me on the M5 board.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=998509

I threw my 2 cents in over there.

This has to be one of the most retarted things I have ever read
From luxury4play
"Dude, it may be true that ADV1 misrepresented the truth about currently being TUV certified but the best thing for you is to let it go. I've been on this site a while now and the majority of people here love ADV1. They don't care. They don't want to hear about the complaints others had with their wheels. They only care that ADV1 makes some very nice looking wheels....which they do.
The reality is that very few wheel dealers have any type of certification or standardization. On the other hand most wheels are made by the same company so the quality is mostly fine.
The few problems that come up occur from several companies. What sets these dealers apart is their customer service during and after the sale when a problem occurs. The people here are satisfied with ADV1 and you're beating a very dead horse.

You can continue to harp on this TUV thing if you like, it's your time but I don't see anything coming out of it except people will consider you a jerk"

If they are not certified and do not claim to be there really is no gripe..... but when they posted the fake certificates that is a entire different story.

Last edited by kawasaki00; 06-20-2014 at 01:07 PM.
      06-20-2014, 01:20 PM   #364
W///
Brigadier General

Drives: 2008 E92 M3/1999 E36 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki00 View Post
I threw my 2 cents in over there.

This has to be one of the most retarted things I have ever read
From luxury4play
"Dude, it may be true that ADV1 misrepresented the truth about currently being TUV certified but the best thing for you is to let it go. I've been on this site a while now and the majority of people here love ADV1. They don't care. They don't want to hear about the complaints others had with their wheels. They only care that ADV1 makes some very nice looking wheels....which they do.
The reality is that very few wheel dealers have any type of certification or standardization. On the other hand most wheels are made by the same company so the quality is mostly fine.
The few problems that come up occur from several companies. What sets these dealers apart is their customer service during and after the sale when a problem occurs. The people here are satisfied with ADV1 and you're beating a very dead horse.

You can continue to harp on this TUV thing if you like, it's your time but I don't see anything coming out of it except people will consider you a jerk"

If they are not certified and do not claim to be there really is no gripe..... but when they posted the fake certificates that is a entire different story.
That guy is hilarious

There's a good reason I don't hang on that website (or 6speed). Quality is "mostly fine"
      06-20-2014, 01:28 PM   #365
whats77inaname
Banned

Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
That guy is hilarious

There's a good reason I don't hang on that website (or 6speed). Quality is "mostly fine"
Just wait until a Lambo or Ferrari have a wheel failure and a $200k+ car eats a wall at highway speed. I don't think may people will think they're "mostly fine" after that. I just can't fathom how *stupid* people are sometimes. "I don't care if it isn't safe, just as long as I look good cruising in my ____."

*smh*
whats77inaname is offline   United_States
      06-20-2014, 02:11 PM   #366
kawasaki00
Major

Check my posts over on the F80 board. People get MAD defensive when you say anything but positive about adv.1
      06-20-2014, 05:31 PM   #367
aus
Major General

If ADV is a sponsor there, be careful what you post. You'll get the banstick really quickly if you bash on a vender. Happend to me on the M5 subforum when I tried to warn them about ADV--- SUPER DEFENSIVE there too.

06-20-2014, 06:35 PM   #368
kawasaki00
Major

Quote:
If ADV is a sponsor there, be careful what you post. You'll get the banstick really quickly if you bash on a vender. Happend to me on the M5 subforum when I tried to warn them about ADV--- SUPER DEFENSIVE there too.

I appreciate the warning but I really could care less. If all that ever happens to me is banned on the Internet I will be just fine. Lol
If a company gets offended when the are busted posting fake certification who cares. Welcome to America, the land of the offended
      06-20-2014, 06:40 PM   #369
Hujan
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2013 E92 M3; 2010 Z4 35i

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki00 View Post
I appreciate the warning but I really could care less. If all that ever happens to me is banned on the Internet I will be just fine. Lol
If a company gets offended when the are busted posting fake certification who cares. Welcome to America, the land of the offended
I love the smell of censorship in the morning. Smells like . . . greed.
+1
      07-21-2014, 12:27 AM   #370
team3d
Registered

Drives: e90

good thread... took me 3 hour to read all the posts