BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis
 
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-25-2012, 07:46 PM   #1
BIU
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 A22 E90 M3 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 582
iTrader: (0)

PSS10 vs. TCKR S/A

Its time for suspension upgrades and I would love to hear some feedbacks from the wealth of experience on this forum

2008 E90: DD / "Sporty" driving / NO track time

Looking for: Lower stance / Improved handling / Streetable comfort


I have decided that I wont be needing double adjustability for my needs and have narrowed down to two choices...

PSS10 vs. TCKR S/A (Both paired with Vorshlag camber plates)

Both are single adjustable setups with the ease of adjustability under the front hood and rear trunk...

Which do you think is the better choice and why?

Thanks in advance!
PS. The Ohlins R&T setup will be released soon.. Although I am pretty sure it will be more expensive than the Bilsteins and the TCKRs...

Last edited by BIU; 10-25-2012 at 07:53 PM.
BIU is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2012, 08:47 PM   #2
m3an
Banned
 
m3an's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South Florida

Posts: 1,611
iTrader: (2)

look into H&R as well; not too expensive and looks to be what you're looking for re: your description
m3an is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2012, 10:23 PM   #3
BIU
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 A22 E90 M3 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 582
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3an View Post
look into H&R as well; not too expensive and looks to be what you're looking for re: your description
I assume this is the H&R PCS coilovers?

Is this what you are using?

Not much info. to be had on this forum regarding this setup... A quick look on H&R's website and it seems the adjustable knobs are on the bottom of the shocks??
BIU is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2012, 10:44 PM   #4
aus
Major General
 
Drives: Odysse
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seal Beach, CA

Posts: 7,323
iTrader: (5)

KW V3 are double adjustable but have progressive springs that should be good for street use. Why do you need camber plates?
__________________
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
aus is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2012, 11:30 PM   #5
BIU
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 A22 E90 M3 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 582
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
KW V3 are double adjustable but have progressive springs that should be good for street use. Why do you need camber plates?
I am planning to go with fairly aggressive offsets (NOT hellaflush ! ) for wheel choice.... The camber plates will provide some neg. camber flexibility that should come in handy while also allowing the suspension to be better dialed in

Price and performance wise I believe the V3s are a notch above my needs?
BIU is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2012, 10:45 PM   #6
bigjae1976
That's what she said...
 
bigjae1976's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Posts: 5,401
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.00]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
I'd just go with the PSS that have no rebound adjustment. You will never use it and there's no need to adjust rebound on the street.
__________________


Sponsored by Momentum BMW #593...We Bleed BMW BLUE!
bigjae1976 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-28-2012, 07:39 PM   #7
BIU
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 A22 E90 M3 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 582
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
I'd just go with the PSS that have no rebound adjustment. You will never use it and there's no need to adjust rebound on the street.
There are two versions?

I am only aware of the S/A PSS10s?
BIU is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #8
bigjae1976
That's what she said...
 
bigjae1976's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Posts: 5,401
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.00]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
I could be wrong...I thought bilstein offered a PSS that is just height adjustable. I'd get that for just street driving.
__________________


Sponsored by Momentum BMW #593...We Bleed BMW BLUE!
bigjae1976 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-29-2012, 04:55 AM   #9
M3SQRD
Colonel
 
M3SQRD's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3s, R56 Cooper S
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: EC

Posts: 2,453
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
I could be wrong...I thought bilstein offered a PSS that is just height adjustable. I'd get that for just street driving.
Yes, Bilstein makes a non-damping adjustable PSS setup but not for the e9x M3. For the e9x M3, only the PSS10 SA setup is offered.

As an FYI, Bilstein is starting to release a Clubsport DA setup:
http://www.bilsteinus.com/products/b...clubsport.html

I don't think they've released an e9x M3 Clubsport DA setup yet...
M3SQRD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2012, 03:13 AM   #10
BIU
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 A22 E90 M3 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 582
iTrader: (0)

Zoning in on TCKR S/A with Vorshlag camber plates..

Couple last thoughts:

1) Spring rates: F350 / R600 - Ideal for DD with some occasional "fun"?

2) Vorshlag camber plates: Noise / Vibration / Harshness over stock?


Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
BIU is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2012, 03:52 AM   #11
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Donbona's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 M3 DCT 2008
Join Date: May 2009
Location: London UK

Posts: 1,668
iTrader: (0)

I had PSS10s on my car.... found them to be to bouncy bouncy no matter what the settings.
I recently put Intrax coilovers.... one word... AMAZING!!
No bouncy bouncy whatever the height... smooth as silk with excellent cornering.
__________________
M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Donbona is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2012, 07:06 AM   #12
bigjae1976
That's what she said...
 
bigjae1976's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Posts: 5,401
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.00]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIU View Post
Zoning in on TCKR S/A with Vorshlag camber plates..

Couple last thoughts:

1) Spring rates: F350 / R600 - Ideal for DD with some occasional "fun"?

2) Vorshlag camber plates: Noise / Vibration / Harshness over stock?


Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
1) I'd call TC Kline on the spring rates...they are VERY helpful.

2) I person who is very sensitive to noises and vibrations has the vorshlag plates and hasn't complained. The vorshlag plates across the different chassis seem to be very durable. IMO, its the way to go.
__________________


Sponsored by Momentum BMW #593...We Bleed BMW BLUE!
bigjae1976 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2012, 10:55 AM   #13
M3SQRD
Colonel
 
M3SQRD's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3s, R56 Cooper S
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: EC

Posts: 2,453
iTrader: (2)

I agree with the above suggestion for selecting spring rates - contact TCK directly. BimmerWorld, HP Autowerks and VAC are other great options because they all carry the full TCK suspension lineup.

However, having used the TCK SA setup on my e92 M3, IMO, 350/600 will be very "comfy" on the street - I was running 400/600 and that was still a very "comfy" street setup.

Can't help you with the Vorshlag camber plates. I've only used GC and KW plates on all of my suspension setups.
M3SQRD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2012, 01:20 PM   #14
tropicatango
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: bmw e46 m3 zcp
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal

Posts: 30
iTrader: (0)

tc kline all the way
tropicatango is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2012, 08:07 PM   #15
BIU
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 A22 E90 M3 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 582
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
1) I'd call TC Kline on the spring rates...they are VERY helpful.

2) I person who is very sensitive to noises and vibrations has the vorshlag plates and hasn't complained. The vorshlag plates across the different chassis seem to be very durable. IMO, its the way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
I agree with the above suggestion for selecting spring rates - contact TCK directly. BimmerWorld, HP Autowerks and VAC are other great options because they all carry the full TCK suspension lineup.

However, having used the TCK SA setup on my e92 M3, IMO, 350/600 will be very "comfy" on the street - I was running 400/600 and that was still a very "comfy" street setup.

Can't help you with the Vorshlag camber plates. I've only used GC and KW plates on all of my suspension setups.

I have contacted TCKR and have been suggested a front spring rate of 350-400 and a rear spring rate of 600 Right on the money with M3SQRD's suggestions!

bigjae1976 I will take your word on the Vorshlags, espeacially since you've mentioned that you are very sensitive to noises
BIU is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2012, 08:08 PM   #16
BIU
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 A22 E90 M3 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 582
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbona View Post
I had PSS10s on my car.... found them to be to bouncy bouncy no matter what the settings.
I recently put Intrax coilovers.... one word... AMAZING!!
No bouncy bouncy whatever the height... smooth as silk with excellent cornering.
Not too familiar with Intrax suspension... took a look at their website... DANGGGG they look top notch.. Im betting they cost you a pretty penny?
BIU is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2012, 04:11 PM   #17
TC Kline Racing
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
TC Kline Racing's Avatar
 
Drives: Many BMW's & Porsche's
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Columbus, OH & Santa Barbara, CA

Posts: 310
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicatango View Post
tc kline all the way
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIU View Post
I have contacted TCKR and have been suggested a front spring rate of 350-400 and a rear spring rate of 600 Right on the money with M3SQRD's suggestions!

bigjae1976 I will take your word on the Vorshlags, espeacially since you've mentioned that you are very sensitive to noises
Let me know if you have anymore questions
TC Kline Racing is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2012, 06:31 PM   #18
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Donbona's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 M3 DCT 2008
Join Date: May 2009
Location: London UK

Posts: 1,668
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIU View Post
Not too familiar with Intrax suspension... took a look at their website... DANGGGG they look top notch.. Im betting they cost you a pretty penny?
Yeah they are, got a decent price.... 2200 British pounds.
__________________
M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Donbona is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #19
BIU
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 A22 E90 M3 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 582
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC Kline Racing View Post

Let me know if you have anymore questions
Thanks Kale

Looking forward to the total shipped costs from you
BIU is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2012, 04:28 AM   #20
M3SQRD
Colonel
 
M3SQRD's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3s, R56 Cooper S
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: EC

Posts: 2,453
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIU View Post
Thanks Kale

Looking forward to the total shipped costs from you
Congrats! What rates did you end up going with 350/600 or 400/600?
M3SQRD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #21
BIU
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 A22 E90 M3 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 582
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD

Congrats! What rates did you end up going with 350/600 or 400/600?
Nothing is set in concrete yet.

Still haven't received a response from Kale.
BIU is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #22
TC Kline Racing
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
TC Kline Racing's Avatar
 
Drives: Many BMW's & Porsche's
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Columbus, OH & Santa Barbara, CA

Posts: 310
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIU View Post
Nothing is set in concrete yet.

Still haven't received a response from Kale.
I responded on Friday and today, please check your email

Thanks!
TC Kline Racing is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST