BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-01-2012, 05:12 PM   #1
mswaz
First Lieutenant
mswaz's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
365
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 X5M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kirkland, Washington

iTrader: (0)

Lime Rock Edition at discount?

Would anyone here consider the Lime Rock edition if it could be had for similar discount off MSRP as a normal M3 order?

I like the paint, different and loud but not my daily driver, love the performance exhaust, I am not a modder short of cosmetic, maybe mirror caps and grills.

Whats your thoughts how these will hold value compared to an non Lime Rock M3? Same, less because of color, or slightly more because of color.
Oh and manual transmission of course..

Last edited by mswaz; 11-02-2012 at 12:34 AM.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 06:19 PM   #2
ES_TRADER
Colonel
68
Rep
2,701
Posts

 
Drives: 328i, 335i, M3, 535i, X5, 36M
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: OC

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2014 Ford Raptor  [0.00]
2012 328i E92  [5.00]
2013 X5  [0.00]
2013 335i F30  [4.00]
1990 Toyota Previa  [0.00]
1997 E36 M3  [5.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 535i  [0.00]
Not worth it. Even at a discount. Just hype IMO
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #3
///Mperative
Second Lieutenant
///Mperative's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
280
Posts

 
Drives: like grandma
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW 550xi  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Get it if you like it.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 06:36 PM   #4
kscarrol
Colonel
United_States
37
Rep
2,308
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Orleans, LA

iTrader: (0)

Sure, if the color and options are to your liking. Would not be willing to pay full MSRP for it but then I couldn't see myself having that orange as my daily driver, which my M3 is! But that's just my personal opinion...
__________________
Current: 2011 Space Grey E90 M3, DCT, Comp. Pkg., Conv. Pkg., everything but Cold Weather Pkg!
Gone: 2008 550, Space Grey, Sports Package, Sport Auto Transmission.
Sold: 2004 545i (U.S.), Steptronic, Silver Gray.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 06:40 PM   #5
Darth One
Former yr 1of1 owner
Darth One's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
1,109
Posts

 
Drives: SGM E90
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

i've been a big critic of the Lime Rock, but if you can get it close to invoice, like the "normal" deals people here have been able to get, and it's specced the way you want it anyway, then go for it
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 06:51 PM   #6
rjd598
Brigadier General
rjd598's Avatar
United_States
55
Rep
4,645
Posts

 
Drives: 10' M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego,CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_TRADER View Post
Not worth it. Even at a discount. Just hype IMO
It's not even hype. Just BMW marketing and you know why it works? Just like all the other BMW parts, there will always be a market for these products. It's stupid but hey if it works go for it. Go capitalism
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 06:54 PM   #7
VCMpower
Banned
Canada
9
Rep
941
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 Dakar, 2013 Fire Orange
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Victoria B.C.

iTrader: (0)

You are your own individual. What does it matter what all the others think? Unless all that matters is everyone else.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 06:55 PM   #8
kscarrol
Colonel
United_States
37
Rep
2,308
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Orleans, LA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
It's not even hype. Just BMW marketing and you know why it works? Just like all the other BMW parts, there will always be a market for these products. It's stupid but hey if it works go for it. Go capitalism
Agreed, marketing... But, if you really like the color and options it is no different than ordering an individual color car, as long as you can get it near invoice...
__________________
Current: 2011 Space Grey E90 M3, DCT, Comp. Pkg., Conv. Pkg., everything but Cold Weather Pkg!
Gone: 2008 550, Space Grey, Sports Package, Sport Auto Transmission.
Sold: 2004 545i (U.S.), Steptronic, Silver Gray.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 06:56 PM   #9
e92involved
Captain
e92involved's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
646
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 BMW e92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (1)

I like the color, but I would prefer to have a normal M3 in that color. Not this stupid Lime Rock edition. You'll just look like an idiot that paid too much for an M3.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 07:12 PM   #10
mswaz
First Lieutenant
mswaz's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
365
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 X5M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kirkland, Washington

iTrader: (0)

It's not hype, it is not marked up over any other M3 out there. Hype would be some premium or mark up over the build of installed options. It is the same M3 as everyone else has plus the exhaust installed at the factory which is a huge plus in my book. Not sure I care for the alacantara wheel, I had that in my 2003 330 ZHP and it did not wear well. Only other thing is the uniqueness of the color, which I happen to love, since my dad once had a 1977 Toyota Celica in the same color when I was a kid.

Hmm decisions...
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #11
M3NNIS
Colonel
M3NNIS's Avatar
44
Rep
2,191
Posts

 
Drives: a truck for now
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DFW

iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to M3NNIS Send a message via MSN to M3NNIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92involved View Post
I like the color, but I would prefer to have a normal M3 in that color. Not this stupid Lime Rock edition. You'll just look like an idiot that paid too much for an M3.
What is the difference between my normal fire orange and a lime rock edition?
Attached Images
 
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 07:36 PM   #12
mswaz
First Lieutenant
mswaz's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
365
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 X5M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kirkland, Washington

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buschy View Post
What is the difference between my normal fire orange and a lime rock edition?
Not sure what you have installed but visually they look the same. Lime Rock has BMW performance exhaust, Competition package, carbon splitters carbon rear deck spoiler and alacantara flat bottom sport wheel. plus stupid plaque and sticker in rear window.

Id probably remove the plaque and sticker

But love the color, how do you like your color after some time has passed.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 08:09 PM   #13
M3NNIS
Colonel
M3NNIS's Avatar
44
Rep
2,191
Posts

 
Drives: a truck for now
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DFW

iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to M3NNIS Send a message via MSN to M3NNIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mswaz View Post
Not sure what you have installed but visually they look the same. Lime Rock has BMW performance exhaust, Competition package, carbon splitters carbon rear deck spoiler and alacantara flat bottom sport wheel. plus stupid plaque and sticker in rear window.

Id probably remove the plaque and sticker

But love the color, how do you like your color after some time has passed.
I am not a fan of bright colors and really wanted a frozen grey. or a space grey. never liked even red, let alone yellow and green and oranges. But when I saw this color in person it spoke to me like no other color did. I thought about the daily drive and stuff like that but if you think about it. what then hell is the difference if you drive it daily or not? if you drive it daily, just tell someone you don't and your other car is in the shop hahaha I mean whatever. just buy it and drive it like you stole it.
dont worry about what anyone says the lime rock is worth the price with the stuff that is on it if you like those items. its not over priced and if you build an individual car a spec it the same everyone will go googoogaagaa over it. but if you buy the same thing but BMW "specced" it everyone crys and says its pooh.
go see it in person if it speaks to you buy it.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 09:07 PM   #14
sharkfighter
Private First Class
sharkfighter's Avatar
8
Rep
169
Posts

 
Drives: e90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Rocky Mtns.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswaz View Post
.

Whats your thoughts how these will hold value compared to an non Lime Rock M3? Same, less becasue of color, or slightly more becasue of color.
Oh and manual transmission of course..
That would be my mine concern with the LR is how does the $10k option hold it's value, so a nicely optioned $75k M3 becomes $85k... maybe look at how the 2012 limited M3's Frozen Silver/Gray/Black have held their value?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 08:25 AM   #15
M3NNIS
Colonel
M3NNIS's Avatar
44
Rep
2,191
Posts

 
Drives: a truck for now
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DFW

iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to M3NNIS Send a message via MSN to M3NNIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkfighter View Post
That would be my mine concern with the LR is how does the $10k option hold it's value, so a nicely optioned $75k M3 becomes $85k... maybe look at how the 2012 limited M3's Frozen Silver/Gray/Black have held their value?
Why are people so hung up on value down the line, its a frikin car, no car holds value. buy it and drive it.

If you are worried about future value, then lease the car and you have a guarantee that your car will be worth a certain amount at the end and BMW will take it back. shit.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 08:50 AM   #16
M3forMe
M3 Dreamin'
M3forMe's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
531
Posts

 
Drives: 13 E92 - AW
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Orange

iTrader: (0)

I saw one in person yesterday. While I could not drive it as my daily driver, I would own it in a heartbeat. Car was awesome looking. Having said that I would not buy it for more than a regular M3.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 10:26 AM   #17
davem3fan
Lieutenant
davem3fan's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
583
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E70 X5d Swiss Army Knife
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Philly Metro

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
I just can't figure out why everyone feels compelled to bitch about the Lime Rock Park or any of the other special editions...

Move on to something constructive, why don't ya?
__________________
Dave Flogaus CCA #123862
Instructor, BMW Club Racer & Nürburgring Specialist
95 E34 M5 3.8 Daytona Violet
98 E36 M3/4 White IS #244
14 F31 M Sport Touring, 13 E70 X5d
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 10:30 AM   #18
positiveions
Lieutenant General
positiveions's Avatar
Lebanon
114
Rep
10,529
Posts

 
Drives: 09 MKV JETTA 2.5 & E90 M3 :)
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Verne, CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via MSN to positiveions Send a message via Yahoo to positiveions
If you like the color, then get it
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 10:39 AM   #19
MRSSIIM3
General
MRSSIIM3's Avatar
United_States
36
Rep
1,342
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 SSII/SO M4
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswaz View Post
Would anyone here consider the Lime Rock edition if it could be had for similar discount off MSRP as a normal M3 order?

I like the paint, different and loud but not my daily driver, love the performance exhaust, I am not a modder short of cosmetic, maybe mirror caps and grills.

Whats your thoughts how these will hold value compared to an non Lime Rock M3? Same, less because of color, or slightly more because of color.
Oh and manual transmission of course..

im not really sure why you even ask this question

if you get it for near invoice price and like it, then what are you even asking? get it

holding its value...who knows. you might find some crazy collector guy in 5 yrs that wants a lime rock park edition and would pay a premium for it but at the end of the day, its a fire orange individual m3 with oem mods
__________________
Current: 2015 M4, SSII / SO
Current: 2013 E92 M3, SSII, Black extended, ZCP, fully loaded
Mods: Black Hood Vents, Black Grilles, Black Side Grilles, Lux H8 v. 4.0, CF Mirrors, CF Spoiler, Black ///M Emblem, Evolve Tune, Dinan CF Intake, Dinan Pulley, Akrapovic GT4
Retired: 2011.5 E92 M3, SSII
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #20
TVMA Doc
Captain
TVMA Doc's Avatar
7
Rep
709
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, Jerez Black
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SF Bay

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mswaz View Post
It's not hype, it is not marked up over any other M3 out there. Hype would be some premium or mark up over the build of installed options. It is the same M3 as everyone else has plus the exhaust installed at the factory which is a huge plus in my book. Not sure I care for the alacantara wheel, I had that in my 2003 330 ZHP and it did not wear well. Only other thing is the uniqueness of the color, which I happen to love, since my dad once had a 1977 Toyota Celica in the same color when I was a kid.

Hmm decisions...
I had a '73 Datsun 510 in that color. I HATED that color. The thing looked like a pumpkin, and that's only cool in October. But, as people say, everyone is an individual.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 01:49 PM   #21
basiluf
First Lieutenant
10
Rep
399
Posts

 
Drives: F22 M235i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Orlando

iTrader: (0)

My local dealership, Fields BMW Winter Park, has one available. It's also #1 of 200. Good luck getting any discount at that place.



Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #22
basiluf
First Lieutenant
10
Rep
399
Posts

 
Drives: F22 M235i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Orlando

iTrader: (0)

Unless of course the tag means it is "one of 200", and not "#1 of 200".
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:36 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST