BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-22-2012, 10:46 PM   #419
Tag
Colonel
United_States
111

 
Tag's Avatar
 
Drives: bimmer
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: CHICAGO


Posts: 2,626
iTrader: (2)

I almost forgot to thank kmarei again. I couldn't have done this without his generosity for hosting the ISO images.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 11:52 PM   #420
Cyclone Chris
US Air Force. HUAP.
United Kingdom
5

 
Cyclone Chris's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SG M3 ZCP / DCT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Suffolk County, UK


Posts: 224
iTrader: (0)

Do these maps have the full European maps on them? I believe my car is only shipping to Demo European Maps, and full US Maps; however, I'm taking delivery in the UK and will be here for 2 yrs.
__________________

2005 Pontiac GTO - 6Spd - 445 RWHP/415 RWTQ - SOLD
2013 BMW M3 Coupe - /// Competition Pkg /// Premium Pkg /// Dual Clutch Transmission /// BMW Apps /// Heated Seats ///
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 09:17 AM   #421
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
129

 
kmarei's Avatar
 
Drives: 1988 E30 M3 Evo II
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reston, VA


Posts: 6,481
iTrader: (33)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
I almost forgot to thank kmarei again. I couldn't have done this without his generosity for hosting the ISO images.
you are most welcome
__________________
This user has been banned from the 4 series forum because he doesn't sing its merits like the admins want us all to

Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 08:13 PM   #422
TTSam
Second Lieutenant
Canada
3

 
TTSam's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Burlington


Posts: 245
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
you are most welcome
kmarei = superstar.............

Thanks so much.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 06:07 PM   #423
catchchu
Enlisted Member
1

 
Drives: 09 E90 M3 JB
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA


Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)

Does it have to be a blank usb with only the nav files on it? I inserted an usb with a folder of my left over files and nothing happens. No promt.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 09:06 PM   #424
catchchu
Enlisted Member
1

 
Drives: 09 E90 M3 JB
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA


Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)

I have the files on the root of my usb drive with nothing else in it and it does nothing. I even tried put some music in it and the car was able to read it fine.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 11:09 PM   #425
Wasteland
Private First Class
United_States
3

 
Drives: 09 Space Gray E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vegas


Posts: 131
iTrader: (1)

make sure the thurmbdrive is formatted in FAT32.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 12:18 AM   #426
catchchu
Enlisted Member
1

 
Drives: 09 E90 M3 JB
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA


Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)

It was already formatted FAT32.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 10:32 AM   #427
Tag
Colonel
United_States
111

 
Tag's Avatar
 
Drives: bimmer
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: CHICAGO


Posts: 2,626
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchchu View Post
It was already formatted FAT32.
You fully extracted the DVD to your USB drive and you have the file config.nfm in the root as well as the folder pkgdb? Did you wait to see the update? On mine it took around 20~30 seconds before I was prompted there was an update.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 10:34 AM   #428
catchchu
Enlisted Member
1

 
Drives: 09 E90 M3 JB
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA


Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
You fully extracted the DVD to your USB drive and you have the file config.nfm in the root as well as the folder pkgdb? Did you wait to see the update? On mine it took around 20~30 seconds before I was prompted there was an update.
Yup. I mounted the ISO image, then copied the config.nfm and pkgdb folder to the root of the USB drive. I left it in there for a good 5-10 mins. Took it out and reinserted a few times. I'll just try another USB drive to see.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 02:57 PM   #429
Tag
Colonel
United_States
111

 
Tag's Avatar
 
Drives: bimmer
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: CHICAGO


Posts: 2,626
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchchu View Post
Yup. I mounted the ISO image, then copied the config.nfm and pkgdb folder to the root of the USB drive. I left it in there for a good 5-10 mins. Took it out and reinserted a few times. I'll just try another USB drive to see.
Do you have the 6FL option? What year is your car?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 03:50 PM   #430
catchchu
Enlisted Member
1

 
Drives: 09 E90 M3 JB
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA


Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Do you have the 6FL option? What year is your car?
It's '09, not sure about 6FL. I just bought the car.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 05:39 PM   #431
Tag
Colonel
United_States
111

 
Tag's Avatar
 
Drives: bimmer
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: CHICAGO


Posts: 2,626
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchchu View Post
It's '09, not sure about 6FL. I just bought the car.
Are you plugging into the USB in the glove box?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 05:50 PM   #432
catchchu
Enlisted Member
1

 
Drives: 09 E90 M3 JB
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA


Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Are you plugging into the USB in the glove box?
Yea glovebox. I just used another 16gb usb drive freshly formatted FAT32 with only the Nav files on there and nothing else. I still don't get the prompt for update. The usb drive flashes when I plugged in for the usb port is working fine.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 07:15 PM   #433
Tag
Colonel
United_States
111

 
Tag's Avatar
 
Drives: bimmer
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: CHICAGO


Posts: 2,626
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchchu View Post
Yea glovebox. I just used another 16gb usb drive freshly formatted FAT32 with only the Nav files on there and nothing else. I still don't get the prompt for update. The usb drive flashes when I plugged in for the usb port is working fine.
Weird. Maybe try it in the USB in the center console. I don't understand why there's two USB ports, each used for different updates but I know to update ConnectedDrive you have to plug into the center console. Worth a shot, otherwise it looks like you may need to bring it in to the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #434
Boostin FD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
23

 
Boostin FD's Avatar
 
Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St. Louis


Posts: 1,537
iTrader: (2)

I'm very interested in upgrading my nav which is still on 2009... Which link has the latest maps? I saw two or three links but dont' want to waste time downloading older if there is something newer?

Thanks
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #435
anacondatp
Private First Class
3

 
Drives: 10' E92 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SoCal


Posts: 170
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostin FD View Post
I'm very interested in upgrading my nav which is still on 2009... Which link has the latest maps? I saw two or three links but dont' want to waste time downloading older if there is something newer?

Thanks
all 3 links are for the 2012 map. you need to burn 3 dvd disc or use a USB stick.
__________________
10' E92 M3 6MT
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 11:53 AM   #436
Boostin FD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
23

 
Boostin FD's Avatar
 
Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St. Louis


Posts: 1,537
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anacondatp View Post
all 3 links are for the 2012 map. you need to burn 3 dvd disc or use a USB stick.
Got it.

Thanks
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 03:11 PM   #437
flxfxp
Enlisted Member
United_States
0

 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 Grey
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: San Francisco


Posts: 35
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
Has anyone been successful at generating their own FSC code with FSC-Tools? It looks like Sergej is using this to generate the codes, except that he's charging $70 for it...
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 06:35 PM   #438
Tag
Colonel
United_States
111

 
Tag's Avatar
 
Drives: bimmer
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: CHICAGO


Posts: 2,626
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flxfxp View Post
Has anyone been successful at generating their own FSC code with FSC-Tools? It looks like Sergej is using this to generate the codes, except that he's charging $70 for it...
My understanding is that you still need fsc-tools to connect to a database in order to generate the code and that subscription is not cheap. You can haggle with Sergej for a better price.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 07:48 PM   #439
anacondatp
Private First Class
3

 
Drives: 10' E92 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SoCal


Posts: 170
iTrader: (2)

got the update done on my 2010 M3 with 09 map. kudus to kramei and sergej. still not showing the 2012 version when i checked it but im sure it will come on later. ty guys. big help and save me a tone of money
__________________
10' E92 M3 6MT
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 09:02 AM   #440
Gins
I can't find my pants.
No_Country
32

 
Gins's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Supergirl Combo M3, YMB-SO
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 8=====D \o/ 335i, yo


Posts: 2,508
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
you are most welcome
Unfortunately, this doesn't show the ICC. Even my wife's 2013 335i doesn't show the damn toll road!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST