BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-13-2007, 10:40 PM   #1
M3Chang
New Member
 
Drives: S2000
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oregon

Posts: 14
iTrader: (0)

When is this M3 coming out....

I am dying ............
I come check this forum at least 5 times a day....
I have seen 99% of reviews, videos, and pics.....
I see M3 lovers and haters go at each other 24/7....

When will I get a call from my freaking dealer to customize my car's option if I am #1 on the list from a big dealer.
M3Chang is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2007, 10:52 PM   #2
itrsport.com
Registered
 
Drives: Evo IX
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Posts: 4
iTrader: (0)

The real solution is to do something else for a few months and put the M3 on the back burner.

5 seconds after I recommend this i'm back on this site hitting the refresh button 10 times in a row hopeing for new content...
itrsport.com is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2007, 11:29 PM   #3
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
 
FifthStreetz's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast e30 / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Posts: 15,525
iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
Late Jan or early-mid Feb. im guessing.
FifthStreetz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2007, 01:04 AM   #4
swamp2
Lieutenant General
 
swamp2's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA USA

Posts: 10,137
iTrader: (1)

Consensus

The consensus from rumors, insiders, magazines and this boards memebers is March 2008 for the first US customer deliveries. You'll likely be able to see on on a dealers showroom floor some weeks before that.
swamp2 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2007, 03:00 AM   #5
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
 
southlight's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany

Posts: 6,746
iTrader: (0)

Production starts in December, so March '08 seems to be a safe guess...

Best regards, south
southlight is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2007, 03:12 AM   #6
Robert
Major General
 
Drives: 135i, current is350
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Socal

Posts: 6,895
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
Production starts in December, so March '08 seems to be a safe guess...

Best regards, south
Mmmmm it will coincide with the 1 series NA debut as well then.
Robert is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2007, 03:27 AM   #7
swiss_cornholio
First Lieutenant
 
swiss_cornholio's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 DTC M3 (AW/PS)
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Zurich, Switzerland

Posts: 379
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
Production starts in December, so March '08 seems to be a safe guess...

Best regards, south
Is this also a confirmation of M-DCT in March 08 (at least for Europe)?
swiss_cornholio is offline   Switzerland
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2007, 04:13 AM   #8
esquire
Colonel
 
esquire's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 Dakar Yellow M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orange County, California

Posts: 2,800
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss_cornholio View Post
Is this also a confirmation of M-DCT in March 08 (at least for Europe)?
what we've read so far tells us that M-DCT will be available in March of 08 for all countries, making it a staggered release of the various transmissions for the EU, and perhaps a simultaneous release here in the states - which i personally wouldn't mind. i don't think i could handle watching 6MT drivers living it up in their new M3's while i twiddle my thumbs waiting for the M-DCT.


- esquire
__________________

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
esquire is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2007, 04:22 AM   #9
DonM3
Captain
 
Drives: AW e92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London

Posts: 629
iTrader: (1)

thats exactly what I'll be doing- twiddling my thumbs. March 08 is an acceptable 6 month wait but anything longer than that.... I'll be annoyed.
Hopefully by March indvidual options will also be available, so I can get my desired Ruby Black exterior and piano black trim....


Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
what we've read so far tells us that M-DCT will be available in March of 08 for all countries, making it a staggered release of the various transmissions for the EU, and perhaps a simultaneous release here in the states - which i personally wouldn't mind. i don't think i could handle watching 6MT drivers living it up in their new M3's while i twiddle my thumbs waiting for the M-DCT.


- esquire
DonM3 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2007, 06:34 AM   #10
OTC_IPO
New Member
 
Drives: E46 M3/RR Sport 95' 240SX
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: TX

Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

Does anyone know how long it took for the E46 to be available for order without being on a wait list? Just trying to figure out about how long the wait would be if you are not on a wait list for the E92.
OTC_IPO is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2007, 06:35 AM   #11
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
 
southlight's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany

Posts: 6,746
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss_cornholio View Post
Is this also a confirmation of M-DCT in March 08 (at least for Europe)?
I don't know but If I remember correctly the production start for the DCT is March '08. So my guess is that the very first US cars should be MT. But if it's like in Europe then the first cars are dealer cars whereas the production of customer cars will start in March (SOP for Euro cars was in June, customer cars will be built from September on).

Best regards, south
southlight is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2007, 07:39 AM   #12
swiss_cornholio
First Lieutenant
 
swiss_cornholio's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 DTC M3 (AW/PS)
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Zurich, Switzerland

Posts: 379
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
I don't know but If I remember correctly the production start for the DCT is March '08. So my guess is that the very first US cars should be MT. But if it's like in Europe then the first cars are dealer cars whereas the production of customer cars will start in March (SOP for Euro cars was in June, customer cars will be built from September on).

Best regards, south
Hmm... So this implies introduction of M-DCT in Geneva, available for ordering from March/April, delivery sometime in summer? Or will M-DCT be part of the 09 M3 (i.e. September 08)?

I still don't know if it's worth waiting for the M-DCT, but if it came out just about 3 months after I bought the manual one, I would really be pissed...
swiss_cornholio is offline   Switzerland
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2007, 08:40 AM   #13
Epacy
Reincarnated
 
Epacy's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

Posts: 4,227
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss_cornholio View Post
Hmm... So this implies introduction of M-DCT in Geneva, available for ordering from March/April, delivery sometime in summer? Or will M-DCT be part of the 09 M3 (i.e. September 08)?

I still don't know if it's worth waiting for the M-DCT, but if it came out just about 3 months after I bought the manual one, I would really be pissed...
I remember reading somewhere that the DCT would be in the M6 CSL at Frankfurt. Could just be a rumor.
__________________
Epacy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2007, 11:26 AM   #14
swiss_cornholio
First Lieutenant
 
swiss_cornholio's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 DTC M3 (AW/PS)
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Zurich, Switzerland

Posts: 379
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
I remember reading somewhere that the DCT would be in the M6 CSL at Frankfurt. Could just be a rumor.
I would be VERY surprised if

1) the M-DTC was presented in Frankfurt (this September)

and

2) the M-DTC was offered for the M6 before the M3 (which it was developed for)
swiss_cornholio is offline   Switzerland
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2007, 11:46 AM   #15
Epacy
Reincarnated
 
Epacy's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

Posts: 4,227
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss_cornholio View Post
I would be VERY surprised if

1) the M-DTC was presented in Frankfurt (this September)

and

2) the M-DTC was offered for the M6 before the M3 (which it was developed for)
The reading didn't say it would be offered, just shown on the car. The M6 CSL doesn't even have any rumored release dates that I know of.
Again, this could be totally incorrect news as well.
__________________
Epacy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2007, 11:32 PM   #16
swamp2
Lieutenant General
 
swamp2's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA USA

Posts: 10,137
iTrader: (1)

Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
I remember reading somewhere that the DCT would be in the M6 CSL at Frankfurt. Could just be a rumor.
Pretty sure that was our trusty insider, Scott26. I think he said we would "see it" first on the M6 CSL in Frankfurt but that the first production vehicle to have it would indeed be the M3.
swamp2 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2007, 11:35 PM   #17
EOE90
Colonel
 
EOE90's Avatar
 
Drives: AW Power
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Laker City

Posts: 2,426
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 3  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to EOE90
next july
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by buschy View Post
you cannot buy a M3 for a commuter. it is only to be used on the tract. It drives horrible on the freeway, and is very uncomfortable for any longer then 20 minutes.
EOE90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-15-2007, 12:47 AM   #18
m_bazeepaymon
Major
 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 1,075
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to m_bazeepaymon
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Pretty sure that was our trusty insider, Scott26. I think he said we would "see it" first on the M6 CSL in Frankfurt but that the first production vehicle to have it would indeed be the M3.
speaking of scott... where has he been?
hopefully he wasnt caught "leaking" info to us lol
__________________


ZzZzZ'er
m_bazeepaymon is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST