BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #45
CliffJumper
Private
 
CliffJumper's Avatar
 
Drives: IB E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 87
iTrader: (0)

Wow, sounds fantastic! It's even more convenient b/c I live in West LA and I'm having dinner in Lancaster that night.

Unfortunately, I can't leave until after noon :-/
CliffJumper is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #46
Supercar Ace
Jedi Ninja
 
Supercar Ace's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 M3 Coupe LSB
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sunny SoCal - LA

Posts: 1,364
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuMafiaV View Post
Let me know if your going so we can all roll together.

p.s. Make another Rusnak photoshoot event! I totally missed that one
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuMafiaV View Post
Oh wow I Just realized the Airforce drive and this is the same day.. lol @ me for not paying attention. Hummmmmm
Yeah been too busy to plan another shoot recently...I'm sure 3 weeks where I don't sleep will present themselves haha...

Yeah both events are the same day...a little torn...though I do feel over due for an Angeles Crest run
__________________
-SCA-
- WITHOUT FEAR -
2001 ///M3 Coupe' LSB

Supercar Ace is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-17-2012, 03:43 AM   #47
Painless
New Member
 
Painless's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 BMW M3 E92
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 14
iTrader: (0)

Sounds a great idea but I am little concerned. I'm a motorcycle rider that rides those canyon most weekends. Every so often there are some car meets that drive those canyons on weekends. There are always some immature drivers or motorcycle riders that wants to prove something. Most of them crash, injure someone and gets someone killed. I see someone getting injured or killed every month in those canyons. THOSE CANYONS ARE NOT RACE TRACKS. Please drive carefully. Hopefully everyone have a safe trip.

See you guys on the mountain. It will be nice to see all Ms driving on the canyons.
Painless is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-17-2012, 10:08 AM   #48
Giggs
Major
 
Giggs's Avatar
 
Drives: R8
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,120
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painless
Sounds a great idea but I am little concerned. I'm a motorcycle rider that rides those canyon most weekends. Every so often there are some car meets that drive those canyons on weekends. There are always some immature drivers or motorcycle riders that wants to prove something. Most of them crash, injure someone and gets someone killed. I see someone getting injured or killed every month in those canyons. THOSE CANYONS ARE NOT RACE TRACKS. Please drive carefully. Hopefully everyone have a safe trip.

See you guys on the mountain. It will be nice to see all Ms driving on the canyons.
Thanks for the heads up and the concern! The drivers we roll with on these rallys are normally very responsible and don't push the limits. We will make sure to have someone who is familiar with the road be the lead car. Maybe it will be you!
Giggs is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #49
Supercar Ace
Jedi Ninja
 
Supercar Ace's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 M3 Coupe LSB
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sunny SoCal - LA

Posts: 1,364
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggs View Post
Thanks for the heads up and the concern! The drivers we roll with on these rallys are normally very responsible and don't push the limits. We will make sure to have someone who is familiar with the road be the lead car. Maybe it will be you!
Yep we like to keep it civil and on Angeles Crest you have no choice, since it's so heavily patrolled. So everyone make sure you keep yourself at a responsible pace.

__________________
-SCA-
- WITHOUT FEAR -
2001 ///M3 Coupe' LSB

Supercar Ace is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-17-2012, 02:04 PM   #50
Wendall
***Major MammelToe
 
Wendall's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 SG coupe
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orange County, CA

Posts: 1,109
iTrader: (3)

Vinny and Chad, sorry i missed the last run but im gonna have to miss this one too! Im gonna be out in Hawaii still. After Hawaii, no more vacations for wifey!
__________________
E92 M3 SG DCT - AA Filter, Verstraβe Paddles, ECS SS, MH race stud, Stoptech BBK, MR Exhaust,RE Pulley, BPM Tune,Euro bumper and GTS lip, Euro MDM & DCT, KW CS, Recaro PP, TMS Soild Diff Mounts, MRF solid subframe mounts, GTS aero, RPM track built motor.

Wendall is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #51
Giggs
Major
 
Giggs's Avatar
 
Drives: R8
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,120
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggynuts01 View Post
Vinny and Chad, sorry i missed the last run but im gonna have to miss this one too! Im gonna be out in Hawaii still. After Hawaii, no more vacations for wifey!
Dang dude have fun out there! Which island?
Giggs is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-17-2012, 07:49 PM   #52
Wendall
***Major MammelToe
 
Wendall's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 SG coupe
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orange County, CA

Posts: 1,109
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggs View Post
Dang dude have fun out there! Which island?
Maui!

Im pretty excited. We have been traveling a lot. Trying to get it all out of our system before we have kids.

I really miss the M3 runs. I've barely driving my M. Been driving a prius as my daily.

My M has been sitting in the garage.
__________________
E92 M3 SG DCT - AA Filter, Verstraβe Paddles, ECS SS, MH race stud, Stoptech BBK, MR Exhaust,RE Pulley, BPM Tune,Euro bumper and GTS lip, Euro MDM & DCT, KW CS, Recaro PP, TMS Soild Diff Mounts, MRF solid subframe mounts, GTS aero, RPM track built motor.

Wendall is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2012, 08:36 PM   #53
MalibuMafiaV
L4P
 
Drives: Stg 2.5 E46 & E60 M5
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Malibu

Posts: 359
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggynuts01 View Post
Maui!

Im pretty excited. We have been traveling a lot. Trying to get it all out of our system before we have kids.

I really miss the M3 runs. I've barely driving my M. Been driving a prius as my daily.

My M has been sitting in the garage.
Sounds like you need to drive it more!. What goods a car that doesn't get driven.
__________________
2006 BMW M5
2000 BMW 3-series - supercharged because race car
2004 Maserati M128 GT SOLD
2006 BMW M3 - SOLD
MalibuMafiaV is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2012, 07:30 AM   #54
Wendall
***Major MammelToe
 
Wendall's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 SG coupe
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orange County, CA

Posts: 1,109
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuMafiaV View Post
Sounds like you need to drive it more!. What goods a car that doesn't get driven.
Yes, I definitely need to drive it more. I will start today!
__________________
E92 M3 SG DCT - AA Filter, Verstraβe Paddles, ECS SS, MH race stud, Stoptech BBK, MR Exhaust,RE Pulley, BPM Tune,Euro bumper and GTS lip, Euro MDM & DCT, KW CS, Recaro PP, TMS Soild Diff Mounts, MRF solid subframe mounts, GTS aero, RPM track built motor.

Wendall is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2012, 05:04 PM   #55
surewin
///M3mber
 
surewin's Avatar
 
Drives: AW '08 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southern CA

Posts: 152
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW E92 M3  [5.00]
Picking up my M3 tomorrow

Hopefully I can make it out with you guys.
surewin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-28-2012, 03:19 PM   #56
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: socal

Posts: 1,753
iTrader: (1)

So are you guys set on driving all the way up? And is there a meeting point by angeles crest?
sensi09 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-28-2012, 03:58 PM   #57
Powerbeast
Major General
 
Powerbeast's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3 Dakar Yellow
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SoCal

Posts: 6,433
iTrader: (4)

Vinny, how's the new set up?
Powerbeast is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-29-2012, 02:08 AM   #58
Giggs
Major
 
Giggs's Avatar
 
Drives: R8
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,120
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi09
So are you guys set on driving all the way up? And is there a meeting point by angeles crest?
Not sure what the plan is yet. Some may go all the way up, some way turn back in Wrightwood. Ive never been up there so Im up for whatever. Lets chat Sat morning at the initial meeting point
Giggs is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-29-2012, 02:09 AM   #59
Giggs
Major
 
Giggs's Avatar
 
Drives: R8
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,120
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerbeast
Vinny, how's the new set up?
Insane! I did a review in the general forum http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12907638#post12907638
Giggs is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-29-2012, 08:06 AM   #60
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
THE TECH's Avatar
 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

Posts: 12,567
iTrader: (39)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Any plans for a December run? I may have to bow out of this coming one yet again. Damn moving plans keep getting in the way.
__________________
THE TECH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-29-2012, 09:23 AM   #61
Giggs
Major
 
Giggs's Avatar
 
Drives: R8
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,120
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH
Any plans for a December run? I may have to bow out of this coming one yet again. Damn moving plans keep getting in the way.
Bummer! December is a real busy month for me on the weekends so probably not by me, unless someone else wants to run it
Giggs is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #62
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
THE TECH's Avatar
 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

Posts: 12,567
iTrader: (39)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggs View Post
Bummer! December is a real busy month for me on the weekends so probably not by me, unless someone else wants to run it
All good. I wanted to make it to one last meet but it doesn't appear to be in the cards.
__________________
THE TECH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-29-2012, 10:34 AM   #63
Giggs
Major
 
Giggs's Avatar
 
Drives: R8
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,120
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
All good. I wanted to make it to one last meet but it doesn't appear to be in the cards.
Let's play it by ear as it gets closer
Giggs is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-29-2012, 11:13 AM   #64
Orange fever
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Orange fever's Avatar
 
Drives: E46M,E90M,X5M,ClassicMiniB16m
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: in the hood!!!

Posts: 1,525
iTrader: (4)

sorry guys im out... ( working )
__________________

X5M E70 Black Sapphire Metallic,VF Engineering Hex Flash Software,Vorsteiner-FrontSpoiler/RearDiffuser
/Classic mini"71 w/vtec motor
Orange fever is offline   Thailand
0
Reply With Quote
      10-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #65
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: socal

Posts: 1,753
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggs View Post
Not sure what the plan is yet. Some may go all the way up, some way turn back in Wrightwood. Ive never been up there so Im up for whatever. Lets chat Sat morning at the initial meeting point
The LA meet point is a bit far and would be a lot of backtracking for me.

I'm sure you guys have to regroup once you get to angeles crest/la canada anyhow, so meeting there would be good. Just set a time.

I'm probably going to bow out once you guys get to about newcombs which is about halfway up.
sensi09 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2012, 03:34 AM   #66
Talk2meg00se
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 485
iTrader: (0)

I take it this is still happening? If so, I'm definitely in.
__________________
SSII | Speed cloth | Tint | LCI | 6MT | EDC | MS Stage 2 Intake | 240E + ESS Tune | MS Pulley | OEM GTS Wheels + Michelin Pilot S | MS Spacers | Akrapovic slip-on [+CF tips]
Talk2meg00se is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST