BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-10-2012, 11:27 AM   #1
dd1981
Kapetan Svog Života
 
dd1981's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i sport
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chicago

Posts: 1,686
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 Mustang

I apologize if this is a repost.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...confirmed.html

Im pretty excited to see the render. I think its definetely going to be a hot car. Especially with the inedpendant rear suspension.

Tired of the retro design, dont know about you guys.
__________________
Custom Modified OEM Muffler,
back
dd1981 is offline   Serbia
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 11:32 AM   #2
MisterSkiMask
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: I Can not say
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: you must not know

Posts: 1,940
iTrader: (0)

I dig it!
MisterSkiMask is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 11:48 AM   #3
IMG
M.POWER
 
IMG's Avatar
 
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Location

Posts: 7,042
iTrader: (6)

I like !
__________________
NO FEAR.NO LIMITS.NO EQUAL

Ess VT3 LC built motor,Volk TE37SL,Euro taillights,Dinan Xpipe,Custom Headers,Akra axle back CF tips,ModeCarbon FR lip,BMW CF wing
LOW BOOST 60-130 6.7 sec
IMG is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #4
Boostin FD
Major
 
Boostin FD's Avatar
 
Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St. Louis

Posts: 1,493
iTrader: (2)

a bit too much... it won't look anything like that. It's a Mustang!
__________________
Boostin FD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #5
MisterSkiMask
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: I Can not say
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: you must not know

Posts: 1,940
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostin FD View Post
a bit too much... it won't look anything like that.
Probably true, this render is heavily influenced by Aston Martin.
MisterSkiMask is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 01:06 PM   #6
M3_WC
Colonel
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CA

Posts: 2,226
iTrader: (0)

I liked this one better.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...bo-engine.html

They should all retro mustang look.
M3_WC is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #7
son_of_siggy
Lieutenant
 
Drives: CTS-V
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United States

Posts: 432
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
I liked this one better.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...bo-engine.html

They should all retro mustang look.
That one looks less like a retro mustang than the original IMO. That render looks like a sleek focus or fusion hatch to me.
son_of_siggy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 02:02 PM   #8
dd1981
Kapetan Svog Života
 
dd1981's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i sport
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chicago

Posts: 1,686
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostin FD View Post
a bit too much... it won't look anything like that. It's a Mustang!
This is very true. Ford loves to show what it can do but never puts it out in the final product. Look back in 2003 when the retro mustang concept came out, the 2005 MY looked way different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
I liked this one better.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...bo-engine.html

They should all retro mustang look.
It's ok, I think that's a bit much especially how the lines are. I think that's the original concept. Nonetheless it will look way different then now and I think it's a good thing. Retro is getting old.
__________________
Custom Modified OEM Muffler,
back
dd1981 is offline   Serbia
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 02:04 PM   #9
Silver-Bolt
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 Z4 35is Melbourne Red
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portland, OR

Posts: 807
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 Z4 35is  [5.00]
But it will still have crappy interior. :/ LOL.
Silver-Bolt is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 06:52 PM   #10
Greeney
Brigadier General
 
Greeney's Avatar
 
Drives: Jerez E90 M3
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Westchester, NY / Fort Lauderdale, FL

Posts: 3,808
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to Greeney Send a message via MSN to Greeney Send a message via Skype™ to Greeney
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
I liked this one better.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...bo-engine.html

They should all retro mustang look.
I would buy that... I like it better than the one in OP.
__________________
11' E90 M3 6MT | Jerez Black | Black Ext./Carbon | ZCP | ZCW | ZPP | ZTP | 302 | 403 | 507 | 5AC | 655 | 6FL | 752 |
15' F80 M3 6MT | Black Saphire | Black Full | ZEC | ZLP | 2VF | 2VZ | 5DL | 688 |
Greeney is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 06:55 PM   #11
Bakeme521
Some say...
 
Bakeme521's Avatar
 
Drives: Fresh
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Baton Rouge n NOLA

Posts: 4,272
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.04]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Bolt View Post
But it will still have crappy interior. :/ LOL.
The mustangs interior is a Bentley compared to a camaro in terms of crappines.
__________________

I have exhaust and an intake...
Bakeme521 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #12
M3_WC
Colonel
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CA

Posts: 2,226
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by son_of_siggy View Post
That one looks less like a retro mustang than the original IMO. That render looks like a sleek focus or fusion hatch to me.
That is what I meant to say, typed too fast. They need to lose the retro.

I would like to see a complete departure of any resemblance to any mustang of the past. Take a giant leap forward into the future. Blow some minds.
M3_WC is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 09:13 PM   #13
dd1981
Kapetan Svog Života
 
dd1981's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i sport
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chicago

Posts: 1,686
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeme521 View Post
The mustangs interior is a Bentley compared to a camaro in terms of crappines.
+1 chevy interior just plain sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
That is what I meant to say, typed too fast. They need to lose the retro.

I would like to see a complete departure of any resemblance to any mustang of the past. Take a giant leap forward into the future. Blow some minds.
Same here. I've been waiting for the retro to phase out as well. I wouldnt mind making this my next car. Getting A plan doesnt hurt either
__________________
Custom Modified OEM Muffler,
back
dd1981 is offline   Serbia
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 09:43 PM   #14
kyleb350
Brigadier General
 
kyleb350's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: LoMbard, IL

Posts: 4,182
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
I liked this one better.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...bo-engine.html

They should all retro mustang look.
I believe that's their EVOS concept they debuted last year.
kyleb350 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 11:52 PM   #15
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
 
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 4,765
iTrader: (0)

independent rear suspension? oh lawd, look who joined the 21st century club
__________________
Stop putting stuff like painted reflectors and premium package in your signature. You're embarrassing.
TK-421 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2012, 03:56 PM   #16
lcrain
Captain
 
Drives: e36 m3, TT-RS
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 838
iTrader: (1)

I will certainly take a look at the new stang when it gets the independent rear suspension. Modern suspension + 5.0 will be a very capable car, at what will surely be a performance bargain.
lcrain is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2012, 06:14 PM   #17
dd1981
Kapetan Svog Života
 
dd1981's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i sport
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chicago

Posts: 1,686
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post
I believe that's their EVOS concept they debuted last year.
The one I posted is actually the mustang render. But there is a huge resemblance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
independent rear suspension? oh lawd, look who joined the 21st century club
Lol yes indeed. But to the mustangs defense they did put IRS in the 1999, 2001, and 2003-2004 cobras. So it's not a total new concept to it. I had a 740hp 04 cobra and it was just a blast. Pure power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcrain View Post
I will certainly take a look at the new stang when it gets the independent rear suspension. Modern suspension + 5.0 will be a very capable car, at what will surely be a performance bargain.
Agreed. I always liked mustangs and the bang for the buck they brought with them.

Now think about this, the current 5.0 with a solid axle gave an m3 all it could handle in a recent comparison. I think it only lost by like .1 or .2 tenths. The Shelby barely lost to the ZL1 on the twisties. All this with solid axle. Now imagine how awesome this car will be with 414hp and idependent suspension.

I still think the car will be under 40k base WICH will be great value. While not in the same league as BMW interior or styling but its gonna be a looker and will surely hold its own.
__________________
Custom Modified OEM Muffler,
back
dd1981 is offline   Serbia
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #18
lcrain
Captain
 
Drives: e36 m3, TT-RS
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 838
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981 View Post
I still think the car will be under 40k base WICH will be great value. While not in the same league as BMW interior or styling but its gonna be a looker and will surely hold its own.
40k? If the current mustang is any indication the base model will be under 30k. What ford has done with the current mustang with the solid rear axle is amazing. I am also willing to bet the 5.0 will be massaged to near 440-450 hp. It will be a beast no doubt.
lcrain is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2012, 10:34 PM   #19
dd1981
Kapetan Svog Života
 
dd1981's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i sport
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chicago

Posts: 1,686
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcrain View Post
40k? If the current mustang is any indication the base model will be under 30k. What ford has done with the current mustang with the solid rear axle is amazing. I am also willing to bet the 5.0 will be massaged to near 440-450 hp. It will be a beast no doubt.
Yes I mean under 40k for the 5.0. I believe the base price currently is around 31k for a 5.0. I wasn't really looking to compare the lower models. But yes you are correct, hell the base model will definetely be under 30k. I just hope the put the ecoboost v6 in there instead of the NA v6.

And yes 440-450hp is very achievable, in fact the boss 302 already sports a nice 444hp with a different intake and exhaust. What's to say They won't use it on a regular GT.
__________________
Custom Modified OEM Muffler,
back
dd1981 is offline   Serbia
0
Reply With Quote
      10-12-2012, 12:37 AM   #20
krnnerdboy
Colonel
 
krnnerdboy's Avatar
 
Drives: v10 m6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: so cal

Posts: 2,058
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981 View Post
Yes I mean under 40k for the 5.0. I believe the base price currently is around 31k for a 5.0. I wasn't really looking to compare the lower models. But yes you are correct, hell the base model will definetely be under 30k. I just hope the put the ecoboost v6 in there instead of the NA v6.

And yes 440-450hp is very achievable, in fact the boss 302 already sports a nice 444hp with a different intake and exhaust. What's to say They won't use it on a regular GT.
boss 302 motor and the 5.0 gt motor are very different. One's a coyote and the other a road runner. the road runner uses different cams, heads, no oil squirters, forged pistons, rods, and crankshaft, but yes the coyote can have all of the power of the boss motor with just a intake manifold upgrade All of those upgrades was to be able to handle full time track duty...
__________________

W463, f30, 640i gc , gt3
Recent past: z4m, x5 lci, boss 302, c6 z06, m6
krnnerdboy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-12-2012, 09:08 AM   #21
dd1981
Kapetan Svog Života
 
dd1981's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i sport
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chicago

Posts: 1,686
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by krnnerdboy View Post
boss 302 motor and the 5.0 gt motor are very different. One's a coyote and the other a road runner. the road runner uses different cams, heads, no oil squirters, forged pistons, rods, and crankshaft, but yes the coyote can have all of the power of the boss motor with just a intake manifold upgrade All of those upgrades was to be able to handle full time track duty...
Well put. Exactly. I have a friend with a 2011 5.0, Boss intake, x pipe, cat back exhaust, BAMA tune and the car is putting out around 502 crank horsepower. I think 450hp with the coyote is very achievable with no added issues even with out a crazy exhaust setup or aggressive tune.

I think they should put oil squirters in all the performance motors. That 13 Shelby is just straignline nasty from the facory. It also implements the piston squirters. I cant imagine what it would be like with a twin screw blower upgrade.
__________________
Custom Modified OEM Muffler,
back
dd1981 is offline   Serbia
0
Reply With Quote
      10-12-2012, 03:09 PM   #22
ragingclue
One cam is enough
 
ragingclue's Avatar
 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

Posts: 6,774
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSkiMask View Post
Probably true, this render is heavily influenced by Aston Martin.
I think there's a striking similarity between the AM designs and Ford's new design language. Any sleek coupe concept you try to draw based on Ford's current design language will look like an AM, that's just a given.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeme521 View Post
The mustangs interior is a Bentley compared to a camaro in terms of crappines.
Agreed. It's not as bad as the rap it gets. Not great, but pure awesomeness compared to the Playskool crap the Camaro got stuck with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
independent rear suspension? oh lawd, look who joined the 21st century club
Haha yeah. BUT you have to admit they ended up doing a damn good job with the SRA setup. Better than anyone had imagined, I'm sure.

All I ask is that they don't try to take it upmarket and ruin the fun:$ ratio that they do so well with on the current Mustang.
ragingclue is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST