BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-09-2012, 04:47 PM   #23
amanda hor$t
Banned
27
Rep
208
Posts

 
Drives: a380
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ny ny

iTrader: (0)

some people lie and bullshit and bust their asses to get laid. i'd rather just pay for it. it's honest business.

i hate dating, but i've done the hookup, dating/gf, serious relationship... and i'll just say that pros still easily make my top 15. that's just what it is... and it was a lot easier that way.

Last edited by amanda hor$t; 10-09-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #24
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
32
Rep
2,160
Posts

 
Drives: '08 135i, '03 WRX
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2003 Subaru WRX  [0.00]
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
why do these guys pay $600+ each for bottle service?

I never understood it

Then again, I'm not the type that gets drunks/parties/goes clubbing more than once a year, if that.
I just can't fathom spending money on drinking/clubbing. I mean...why? What's the point? To hook up? If you need to spend that kind of money to maybe get a woman, then just hire an escort for around 500- 1k and call it a night. Guaranteed, no need to "try," and she will do what you say.

Hell, I remember when I was there during memorial day weekend and I heard it was like $50 to get into a club. I said screw that... spent that $50 at roulette and basically got a free vegas trip and then some out of it.

I have lots of friends who go and not one has ever been able to explain to me why... all they say is "it's worth it" with no explanation.

I would rather spend $3k and go to Asia then one night in Vegas.....

badazzm, can you explain it?
It doesn't always cost that much per person, although prices rise dramatically on New Year's Eve. The trips I've been on, we usually spend $400-$500 per bottle before gratuity. If there is a small group of us like 3 or 4, we'll just get one bottle. For a larger group we'll get two bottles. Here's an example of why I prefer bottle service assuming the prices aren't gouged for a holiday:

Let's say you are a group of 4 and want to go to a club, so you decide to wait in the regular entrance line. After waiting for who knows how long, you each pay $50 for cover to get in totaling $200 for the group so far. Once inside, you still need drinks which cost $10-$12 each. To keep things simple, let's say each person has four drinks apiece at $12 each. Of course, your mileage may vary depending on how much or how little everyone drinks. Those drinks plus 20% gratuity come to around $230 putting the group total to $430. Now had you gone with bottle service, you would not have to wait in the regular line and the cover charge is waived. The other big benefit with bottle service is that you have a place for your group to sit at instead of standing around the bar or dance floor. Don't forget, you also don't have to wait in line at the bar for drinks.
__________________
Delivered in Munich, broken in on the Nurburgring.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 07:03 PM   #25
amanda hor$t
Banned
27
Rep
208
Posts

 
Drives: a380
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ny ny

iTrader: (0)

^ the numbers sound a little fudged, but you make a good point (good example)
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 08:48 PM   #26
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
283
Rep
15,808
Posts

 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
It doesn't always cost that much per person, although prices rise dramatically on New Year's Eve. The trips I've been on, we usually spend $400-$500 per bottle before gratuity. If there is a small group of us like 3 or 4, we'll just get one bottle. For a larger group we'll get two bottles. Here's an example of why I prefer bottle service assuming the prices aren't gouged for a holiday:

Let's say you are a group of 4 and want to go to a club, so you decide to wait in the regular entrance line. After waiting for who knows how long, you each pay $50 for cover to get in totaling $200 for the group so far. Once inside, you still need drinks which cost $10-$12 each. To keep things simple, let's say each person has four drinks apiece at $12 each. Of course, your mileage may vary depending on how much or how little everyone drinks. Those drinks plus 20% gratuity come to around $230 putting the group total to $430. Now had you gone with bottle service, you would not have to wait in the regular line and the cover charge is waived. The other big benefit with bottle service is that you have a place for your group to sit at instead of standing around the bar or dance floor. Don't forget, you also don't have to wait in line at the bar for drinks.

$500 for a group of 4 is understandable.

I was saying $500 per person++++


Ironically though, I remember when I was there earlier this year with a large group (20+ people), I'd say 50/50 guy/girl split, maybe a couple more girls, we were able to get in to a club (don't remember the name, but it was on the strip and decent) for free, and the girls all got wristbands for free drinks. They kept going and getting free drinks and then giving it to us
That was cool.

But yeah, your explanation makes sense.
The $500+ per person...still boggles my mind
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #27
badazzm
Lieutenant
badazzm's Avatar
India
7
Rep
543
Posts

 
Drives: RRS GT2
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
why do these guys pay $600+ each for bottle service?

I never understood it

Then again, I'm not the type that gets drunks/parties/goes clubbing more than once a year, if that.
I just can't fathom spending money on drinking/clubbing. I mean...why? What's the point? To hook up? If you need to spend that kind of money to maybe get a woman, then just hire an escort for around 500- 1k and call it a night. Guaranteed, no need to "try," and she will do what you say.

Hell, I remember when I was there during memorial day weekend and I heard it was like $50 to get into a club. I said screw that... spent that $50 at roulette and basically got a free vegas trip and then some out of it.

I have lots of friends who go and not one has ever been able to explain to me why... all they say is "it's worth it" with no explanation.

I would rather spend $3k and go to Asia then one night in Vegas.....

badazzm, can you explain it?
Haha. Well, here it comes. One should never get a bottle service if the intention is to pick up girls. Those girls r sluts and proly have a disease. They will proly take shots, finish ur liquor and bounce. U catch em at end of the night and might get laid. But seriously, u have to be a very big loser if u r using bottle service to get girls.

That being said, I have always had a Gf and m committed to the one now. When I go to a place like Vegas for NYE, I want to make sure my Gf and her friends feel comfortable in their space. Not just standing around and getting touched by random guys. And this kind of molestation only happens during Halloween, July 4th, NYE etc. because the clubs r so packed at these occasions. We usually do house parties but u get tired of that too. NYE comes once in a year and i think $400-$500 is reasonable. BTW Pure quoted us $3K for 3 - 750ml bottles with 5 Champagne's. Not one bottle. Hope u guys have not been thinking it's $3-4k for one bottle. 12 people can't drink 1 bottle. Haha.

If u r single - it's a whole different story

Last edited by badazzm; 10-10-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 10:57 PM   #28
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
283
Rep
15,808
Posts

 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzm View Post
Not one bottle. Hope u guys have not been thinking it's $3-4k for one bottle. 12 people can't drink 1 bottle. Haha.

If u r single - it's a whole different story
I was thinking 1 bottle lol


12 people for 3k and those bottles isn't so bad

I guess I misunderstood
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 05:00 PM   #29
badazzm
Lieutenant
badazzm's Avatar
India
7
Rep
543
Posts

 
Drives: RRS GT2
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (1)

Haha. Dude. That much for one bottle would be insane. No one is gonna buy it. Well, now you knw why getting bottle is better sometimes
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #30
amanda hor$t
Banned
27
Rep
208
Posts

 
Drives: a380
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ny ny

iTrader: (0)

it's all about the pre-party... last time i went to vegas i brought a case of wine with me
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 10:14 PM   #31
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
283
Rep
15,808
Posts

 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzm View Post
Haha. Dude. That much for one bottle would be insane. No one is gonna buy it. Well, now you knw why getting bottle is better sometimes
yeah totally makes sense like that
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 01:47 AM   #32
Bliss
Private
Australia
4
Rep
51
Posts

 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by compm3e92m3 View Post
Nice! im staying at the cosmo with my friends from the 29th Dec til the 2nd of Jan. Roughly 100 to 250. It gets high if you wait to long. Since were there for 4 nights, we plan to hit Marquee and XS through those consecutive nights. Maybe Surrender or Haze(depending on whose playing there) but mostly those 2.
Any idea where you're going yet mate?

Just had a look on wanttickets and Eric Prydz will be playing @ surrender. And it's $1500 for a table of four for NYE.

Anyone got some reviews for this club?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 02:06 AM   #33
Exite
Private
Exite's Avatar
1
Rep
59
Posts

 
Drives: 08 135i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oahu

iTrader: (0)

Pick a good hotel/casino and just stay there. Last time I was in vegas on new years the strip was a giant mosh pit with porn/stripper flyers and trash covered the ground you couldn't even see the asphalt/sidewalk. Going outside was kind of a pain. I wouldn't plan on drivin around with taxis and shit. Just fyi.

It's like raccoon city, but with annoying drunk people.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 03:10 AM   #34
snk
Lieutenant
snk's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
470
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 Z4
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NorCal

iTrader: (1)

Different people have different priorities. Those who pay lots of money for bottle service would probably wouldn't understand why I would pay for a new set of tires when the stock RFT are still at 80% thread.

I on the other hand, would rater spend $3k in a strip club, the chicks are less stuck up

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
why do these guys pay $600+ each for bottle service?

I never understood it

Then again, I'm not the type that gets drunks/parties/goes clubbing more than once a year, if that.
I just can't fathom spending money on drinking/clubbing. I mean...why? What's the point? To hook up? If you need to spend that kind of money to maybe get a woman, then just hire an escort for around 500- 1k and call it a night. Guaranteed, no need to "try," and she will do what you say.

Hell, I remember when I was there during memorial day weekend and I heard it was like $50 to get into a club. I said screw that... spent that $50 at roulette and basically got a free vegas trip and then some out of it.

I have lots of friends who go and not one has ever been able to explain to me why... all they say is "it's worth it" with no explanation.

I would rather spend $3k and go to Asia then one night in Vegas.....

badazzm, can you explain it?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 06:01 PM   #35
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
283
Rep
15,808
Posts

 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snk View Post
would rater spend $3k in a strip club, the chicks are less stuck up
This I cannot understand.... why pay for blue balls?

Just hire an escort, or go get some massages.....
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 06:04 PM   #36
808@702
7th BMW, 500th Surfboard
808@702's Avatar
68
Rep
1,075
Posts

 
Drives: My girlfriends crazy!
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Las Vegas, Nv. and Honolulu, Hi.

iTrader: (0)

I always get out of town on NYE. Partying in Honolulu is 1000% better than Vegas. More beautiful exotic women, less crowded, and you wake up the next morning and start the New Year off with a good 3 hour surf session. That always cures my hangover
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #37
snk
Lieutenant
snk's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
470
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 Z4
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NorCal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Just hire an escort, or go get some massages.....
I have never tried that. I wonder if the casino host or concierge can make that arrangement.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 06:44 PM   #38
upstatedoc
Drone Expert
upstatedoc's Avatar
50
Rep
1,585
Posts

 
Drives: '09 BMW 328ix
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
This I cannot understand.... why pay for blue balls?
oww, I hate blue balls.
__________________
2014 S.S. P938 Nightmare
2014 Dodge Durango R/T //Diablosports Tuning
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
1993 Honda Nighthawk 750
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 06:54 PM   #39
amanda hor$t
Banned
27
Rep
208
Posts

 
Drives: a380
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ny ny

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snk View Post
I have never tried that. I wonder if the casino host or concierge can make that arrangement.
fcuking happens in nudie bars. just ask lol
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 01:00 AM   #40
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
283
Rep
15,808
Posts

 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snk View Post
I have never tried that. I wonder if the casino host or concierge can make that arrangement.
My friend used to be a masseuse in Vegas so yeah...
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 02:40 PM   #41
snk
Lieutenant
snk's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
470
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 Z4
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NorCal

iTrader: (1)

I just got a phone call from Caesar's casino host when I'll be back again lol
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 03:30 AM   #42
HadiF82
Lieutenant Colonel
HadiF82's Avatar
United_States
56
Rep
1,970
Posts

 
Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliss View Post
Any idea where you're going yet mate?

Just had a look on wanttickets and Eric Prydz will be playing @ surrender. And it's $1500 for a table of four for NYE.

Anyone got some reviews for this club?
Nope Marquee and XS still have not released theyre line up. Im about to give up and just go for Prydz at Surrender. But will see. Ill keep you updated
__________________
'15 /// M4 On order
'11 E92 ///M3 ZCP - Space Gray - Sold
'06 BMW 330CI ZHP- Sold
'11 E92 ///M3 ZCP AW- Sold
'06 E46 ///M3 ZCP JB- Sold
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 11:57 AM   #43
andybui82
Colonel
andybui82's Avatar
United_States
42
Rep
2,474
Posts

 
Drives: 335d
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Blop PNW branch

iTrader: (4)

Marquee > any club on the strip. but its only fun if you're willing to drop some mons!
__________________
Cars: SGM 325i (Retired) l BSM 135i (Retired) l SS to Gloss White S2000 (Retired) l Arctic White RS4 (Retired) l White GTi (retired) l AW 335d M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 12:27 AM   #44
Bliss
Private
Australia
4
Rep
51
Posts

 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by compm3e92m3 View Post
Nope Marquee and XS still have not released theyre line up. Im about to give up and just go for Prydz at Surrender. But will see. Ill keep you updated
Avicii at XS for NYE! Looks like I'll be hitting up XS for NYE.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST