BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
Alpine HID
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #67
m33
Banned
 
m33's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT

Posts: 2,697
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe@trinityautosport View Post
What was done to your car again?
VT650 with primary cat delete secondary 200 cell high flow cats with miesterchaft HP exhaust but in that video I had the titanium encore exhaust which weighed 18lbs .
The miesterchaft weighs 38lbs I believe ..

My runs with the ( HITMAN Fbo Gtr with e85 ) I was running Meth and was making a little more power , I would say 590whp - 610whp and 405wtq ..
Gtr's are no slouches especially Fbo E85 equipped ones , if I started in 2nd at 30mph I would be playing catch up with him and would catch him at the 140mph mark, race in your sweet spot or don't race at all but if u do be descriptive about the runs....
m33 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-09-2012, 05:48 PM   #68
joe@trinityautosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
joe@trinityautosport's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tustin CA

Posts: 430
iTrader: (7)

Send a message via AIM to joe@trinityautosport
Quote:
Originally Posted by erm324 View Post
Meisterschaft catback exhaust, downpipes, midpipe, intakes, injectors/fuel pumps (whatever else needed for e85 converion), blow off valves, and custom tuned for e85...he claimed the stock turbo record I think with 630awhp or something along those lines.

You should consider a meth kit!
nice...yea i might consider it..but daily driving the car I'm happy with it.

We will see when I take it to the airstrip and go against a TON of GTR's
joe@trinityautosport is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-09-2012, 05:49 PM   #69
m33
Banned
 
m33's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT

Posts: 2,697
iTrader: (5)

Good stuff Joe and good luck at the event!
m33 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-09-2012, 05:50 PM   #70
joe@trinityautosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
joe@trinityautosport's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tustin CA

Posts: 430
iTrader: (7)

Send a message via AIM to joe@trinityautosport
Quote:
Originally Posted by m33 View Post
Good stuff Joe and good luck at the event!
Thank you
joe@trinityautosport is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-09-2012, 05:51 PM   #71
joe@trinityautosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
joe@trinityautosport's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tustin CA

Posts: 430
iTrader: (7)

Send a message via AIM to joe@trinityautosport
Quote:
Originally Posted by m33 View Post
VT650 with primary cat delete secondary 200 cell high flow cats with miesterchaft HP exhaust but in that video I had the titanium encore exhaust which weighed 18lbs .
The miesterchaft weighs 38lbs I believe ..

My runs with the ( HITMAN Fbo Gtr with e85 ) I was running Meth and was making a little more power , I would say 590whp - 610whp and 405wtq ..
Gtr's are no slouches especially Fbo E85 equipped ones , if I started in 2nd at 30mph I would be playing catch up with him and would catch him at the 140mph mark, race in your sweet spot or don't race at all but if u do be descriptive about the runs....
wow! superlight! I still got my stock mufflers on.

Seriously...GTR's are stupid fast!
joe@trinityautosport is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-09-2012, 08:23 PM   #72
dvpouldar26
Major
 
dvpouldar26's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 e92 328i, Porsche 987.1
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Beverly Hills, CA

Posts: 1,452
iTrader: (4)

That GT-R is definitely not a FBO car on e85, more probably just a midpipe and a tune. According to the first video, the car had Stillen downpipes. Stillen does not make downpipes for the GT-R. It also said he was at 20psi on 91 octane on a Cobb tune. Cobb off the shelf tunes are running 15psi. That car definitely can't be running 20psi on 91 octane. Furthermore, injectors and intake were not on that mod list and the the stock injectors would be far maxed out before reaching 20psi as well as the MAF on a stock intake........a little fishy, but nonetheless very impressive for the m3.
__________________
E92 328i
Jet Black / Gloss Black Grilles / 8000k D1S low beam / 6000k HID fogs / GP Thunder 8500k angels & cornering bulbs / black reflectors / gloss black vinyled window trim / tints / smoked rear turn signals / black roundels / AC Schnitzer roof spoiler / VRS style decklid spoiler / Matte black Stripes / Rear fogs / matte mirrors / 19" LM reps / APR lip
dvpouldar26 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-09-2012, 09:36 PM   #73
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
 
DLSJ5's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

Posts: 3,306
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-FN-MAN View Post
Joe, you gotta let me know next time brotha!
You live here? Bring your M3 to the event.
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ @ 7.2psi - 94 octane / Water meth
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq@13.5 psi
DLSJ5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-09-2012, 09:51 PM   #74
THE-FN-MAN
Captain
 
Drives: E92 M3 x2
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: the wood

Posts: 743
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-FN-MAN View Post
Joe, you gotta let me know next time brotha!
You live here? Bring your M3 to the event.
I'm out of town then man, trust me I want to. I've been trying to make as many road course (button willow and willow springs) events as I can but I'm ready for to roll on races lol
THE-FN-MAN is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-09-2012, 10:18 PM   #75
geneatals
Ninja
 
geneatals's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: So Cal (SFV)

Posts: 3,188
iTrader: (2)

joe vs godzilla...lol...nice bud
__________________
2011.5 E90 M3 AW l Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL l Pics/Mods
Retired: 2008 535i l AW l Black Dakota Leather l Bamboo Anthracite l ZPP l ZSP l 6FL
geneatals is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      10-09-2012, 10:25 PM   #76
xfirer1guy
Major
 
xfirer1guy's Avatar
 
Drives: In the fast lane!
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NW Atlanta

Posts: 1,067
iTrader: (2)

That shouLD be illegal...for a car to be so raw! Very nice!
xfirer1guy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 06:18 AM   #77
kotik
Lieutenant
 
kotik's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 M3 ESS 575
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Germany

Posts: 509
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m33 View Post
Yes his name is Sam
so being that you raced him, is it natural that he walks me? Or should i be concerned?
it's about the same as the second run the OP posted above with the "real 600hp GTR".

p.s. Sam is funny dude He is at the ring every weekend trying to learn the skill the only thing that keeps me sound asleep at night is that he can't touch me there.
kotik is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 06:25 AM   #78
kotik
Lieutenant
 
kotik's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 M3 ESS 575
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Germany

Posts: 509
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erm324 View Post
Just like I anticipated, the first video 100% is against a stock GTR. To be honest, I did not expect you to get walked as bad as you did at ALL(considering both me and zim were able to beat GTR's with the same mods and more aggressive tunes/higher hp than this one), props for posting the video though. I think the combination of a better transmission/supercharger kit will give you another buslength in performance (or however bad he beat you).

Hitman's GTR does this to me well, maybe not that bad. And it's def not that bad if we start at around 140mph... we did 140-200mph roll's, and he gets 2-3cars on pump gas. 100-200mph he gets truck lenght on e85.
kotik is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 06:49 AM   #79
IMG
VT3
 
IMG's Avatar
 
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Couch

Posts: 6,859
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotik View Post
so being that you raced him, is it natural that he walks me? Or should i be concerned?
it's about the same as the second run the OP posted above with the "real 600hp GTR".

p.s. Sam is funny dude He is at the ring every weekend trying to learn the skill the only thing that keeps me sound asleep at night is that he can't touch me there.
You sure you don't have a boost leak ? if your TB clamps are coming off,i"d assume that you got a boost leak !
__________________
NO FEAR.NO LIMITS.NO EQUAL

Ess VT3 LC built motor,Volk TE37SL,Euro taillights,Dinan Xpipe,Custom Headers,Akra axle back CF tips,ModeCarbon FR lip,BMW CF wing
LOW BOOST 60-130 6.7 sec
IMG is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 07:37 AM   #80
the infamous...
Relapsed Bimmerpost Addict
 
the infamous...'s Avatar
 
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PARADISE aka CANES COUNTRY

Posts: 17,539
iTrader: (0)

viva la mehico!
__________________


"simple is clean" -The ///ModFather
the infamous... is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 08:02 AM   #81
erm324
Major
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NYC

Posts: 1,055
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvpouldar26 View Post
That GT-R is definitely not a FBO car on e85, more probably just a midpipe and a tune. According to the first video, the car had Stillen downpipes. Stillen does not make downpipes for the GT-R. It also said he was at 20psi on 91 octane on a Cobb tune. Cobb off the shelf tunes are running 15psi. That car definitely can't be running 20psi on 91 octane. Furthermore, injectors and intake were not on that mod list and the the stock injectors would be far maxed out before reaching 20psi as well as the MAF on a stock intake........a little fishy, but nonetheless very impressive for the m3.
+1


Quote:
Originally Posted by img View Post
You sure you don't have a boost leak ? if your TB clamps are coming off,i"d assume that you got a boost leak !
I dont think it necessarily means he has issues with the kit. I just genuinely believe only the highest boost kits with DCT and the right setup will be able to hang with these 600awhp gtr's. For example, even though on paper there is probably only a 20-30whp difference between the two, I think there is a massive difference in the performance of zim's current car (ess vt2-650 with dct and meth and 18lb bbs FI wheels) and his old car (vt2-625 6 speed with 26lb bbs LM wheels) - as where his current car is an absolute animal (I truley think he genuinely has the fastest stock bottom end M3 S65 hands down) and will beat these GTRs, I think his white M3 would have gotten beaten by them. I've seen some M3's that are just terribly slow for what they have - for example, the white From Russia With Love car made by ACM lost to my buddy danny's stock ctsv and it has a vt2-625 6speed with catless innotech (while I walked danny's car hard with a 625 kit and catless exhaust). All the stars have to align perfectly for our cars to be able to pull on a GTR with those mods

Now if you raced one of these cars, well.......i think theyd be well in your rearview mirror especially into triple digits

Last edited by erm324; 10-10-2012 at 08:17 AM.
erm324 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #82
kotik
Lieutenant
 
kotik's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 M3 ESS 575
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Germany

Posts: 509
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by img View Post
You sure you don't have a boost leak ? if your TB clamps are coming off,i"d assume that you got a boost leak !
before the run i tightened my clamps. I have checked my boost levels after clamp tightening (although not before), and I'm hitting target 5.5 psi at redline.
kotik is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 08:59 AM   #83
m33
Banned
 
m33's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT

Posts: 2,697
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotik View Post
so being that you raced him, is it natural that he walks me? Or should i be concerned?
it's about the same as the second run the OP posted above with the "real 600hp GTR".

p.s. Sam is funny dude He is at the ring every weekend trying to learn the skill the only thing that keeps me sound asleep at night is that he can't touch me there.
Honestly Rick "Erm" said it well you need to be setup right to run those cars, and I doubt there is anything wrong with your car , your car should be at. 500whp and 340wtq where as HITMAN is in the high 5's low 600's and you only have 3-400 lbs advantage on him which it not enough to match his massive torque so him putting 3-4 cars on you is normal , don't forget that HITMAN hit a 10.6 @ 134+mph ... That's fast !! Whereas your car prob traps 120-124 depending if your 6mt or DCT ...

He was surprised ( Sam ) that I took him the way I did , I think we raced 4 times and he got me once cause we started at 30mph where I was out of boost and spun , in low boost mode I murdered him pretty bad and in high boost the gap was like 3 cars in my favor.
But .....
I had less then a 1/4 tank of fuel , was running meth , bbs FI's that weigh 16.6 lbs per wheel compared to stock competition wheels that weigh 26.6 lbs ( which I'm running at the Atco 1/4 event ) & I was running a titanium axle back exhaust that weighed a total of 18lbs so between the wheels and exhaust I had a weight savings of 64lbs which is like adding 20hp .

After dynoing my car on several occasions its netted 650-700 CHP just to give you an idea....

I raced a alpha 9+ with bigger turbos ill post that video up as well ...
During this race I had meth turned off !

[u2b]http://youtu.be/-jYN6O9eMyA[/u2b]


Side note : the weather sucked that day we ran it was like 85f with 80% humidity which put my car at 550whp marker I have dyno's showing those figures and conditions whereas when I raced HITMAN it was 70's with 50% humidity which put my car at the 570-580whp marker , now when I raced the silver GTR it was 60'sf with 50% humidity but I didn't have meth installed for those runs.
m33 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 09:20 AM   #84
kotik
Lieutenant
 
kotik's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 M3 ESS 575
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Germany

Posts: 509
iTrader: (0)

Thanks, appreciate it.

Do you run stock spark plugs? My car has 55k miles, and is on stock plugs...
It seems that you have a lof of weight savings, especially with those wheels (rotating mass and all). I have 19's, plus full weight of E90, plus I'm 6mt.

It was hard to say what Sam was running, he wasn't very clear... meth and high boost, or meth and low boost, or low boost and pump. For one run I know it was meth and high boost, that's where he got me by many lenghts.

I'm supposed to run C6 (ls2) with full bolt ons (cam's, headers, intake and whatever else is considered bolt on), so I hope to beat him.

M33 he has mentioned you a lot and with a lot of praise! I felt proud of fellow m3 owner beating such a beastly GTR.
kotik is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 09:33 AM   #85
m33
Banned
 
m33's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT

Posts: 2,697
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotik View Post
Thanks, appreciate it.

Do you run stock spark plugs? My car has 55k miles, and is on stock plugs...
It seems that you have a lof of weight savings, especially with those wheels (rotating mass and all). I have 19's, plus full weight of E90, plus I'm 6mt.

It was hard to say what Sam was running, he wasn't very clear... meth and high boost, or meth and low boost, or low boost and pump. For one run I know it was meth and high boost, that's where he got me by many lenghts.

I'm supposed to run C6 (ls2) with full bolt ons (cam's, headers, intake and whatever else is considered bolt on), so I hope to beat him.

M33 he has mentioned you a lot and with a lot of praise! I felt proud of fellow m3 owner beating such a beastly GTR.
He's a cool dude ! Humble too ... Tell him I said what's up , or better yet ill text him Haha ....
But getting back to your car , 6mt vs DCT with the same power as you will be the DCT has a 3 car advantage over the Mt in a 40mph to 160 mph run ...
I think he'll take you even if you were 650 MT or it would be very close ..
m33 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 09:48 AM   #86
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
 
DLSJ5's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

Posts: 3,306
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by erm324 View Post
+1




I dont think it necessarily means he has issues with the kit. I just genuinely believe only the highest boost kits with DCT and the right setup will be able to hang with these 600awhp gtr's. For example, even though on paper there is probably only a 20-30whp difference between the two, I think there is a massive difference in the performance of zim's current car (ess vt2-650 with dct and meth and 18lb bbs FI wheels) and his old car (vt2-625 6 speed with 26lb bbs LM wheels) - as where his current car is an absolute animal (I truley think he genuinely has the fastest stock bottom end M3 S65 hands down) and will beat these GTRs, I think his white M3 would have gotten beaten by them. I've seen some M3's that are just terribly slow for what they have - for example, the white From Russia With Love car made by ACM lost to my buddy danny's stock ctsv and it has a vt2-625 6speed with catless innotech (while I walked danny's car hard with a 625 kit and catless exhaust). All the stars have to align perfectly for our cars to be able to pull on a GTR with those mods

Now if you raced one of these cars, well.......i think theyd be well in your rearview mirror especially into triple digits
For the most part I agree, especially if they are on race gas or even better E85, I've found that they're not all created equal and E85 is just nuts in the GTR's, but here's an OLD vid of a VT575 91/meth vs a FBO GTR 91 octane.

__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ @ 7.2psi - 94 octane / Water meth
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq@13.5 psi
DLSJ5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 09:57 AM   #87
erm324
Major
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NYC

Posts: 1,055
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
I've found that they're not all created equal and E85 is just nuts in the GTR's
Extremely true........kind of reminds me of the N54 scene, you can run two 335's with similar bolt ons and race gas and the results will be different.....all dependent on how aggressively they are tuned! some of these e85 gtr's are ticking time bombs.....I know the one I raced blew up 3 weeks later
erm324 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 10:09 AM   #88
m33
Banned
 
m33's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT

Posts: 2,697
iTrader: (5)

That sucks , but I bet he's now building a no joke Gtr
m33 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST