BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

Steve Thomas BMW

10-15-2012, 04:30 PM   #23
admranger
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2002 M3, 2005 X5, 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lutfy View Post
I got a set of PF01s as I had been quite pleased with them previously. Changed fluid to Motul 600. The pads did NOT last me more than five 25 min sessions at Summit Point. Basically in a day and a half, the pads were down to the metal with only 2mm remaining. The rears hardly wore out.

Not pleased. May try 08s for longevity, wanted to touch base and see what the group thinks of Pagids (19s and or 29s). I dont mind paying the extra money if they really last a few track days.

Thoughts?

Lutfy
'06's that I have last super long on my E46M3. For HPDE environments, the '06's have served me well. It's hard to see how I'm going to wear these pads out given how few events I run anymore. Bite is fine, though some complain about modulation difficulties. I must not be as sensitive as I don't perceive any modulation problems. Big fan of PFC products.
      10-15-2012, 05:05 PM   #24
Car54
Captain

Drives: 1999 Z3 Mcoupe | 2008 M3/4

I just ran PFC08's for the first time coming from 01's and Hawk HT10/14's. The PFC08's have the spring clips which cures the low speed rattle. They don't have the bite of the 01's but they're more consistent when really hot and warming up. The 01's seemed to change a lot during temp changes. So far, happy camper with 08's and don't think I'll be back to 01's.

Oh...and right now I have 01's in the rear and 08's in the front. The bias is not a problem until the pads really get worked, then I can feel the rear's biting harder. Trail braking is really easy though.

Craig Brickner
BM
W CCA/PBOC/Chin Motorsports DE Instructor
Click to Join: BMWCCA # 366493