BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-27-2012, 09:25 PM   #1
6spdg37s
Captain
 
Drives: none
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: dirty jerz

Posts: 754
iTrader: (3)

Placed my 2013 e92 coupe order

Placed order on 9/17 and deposit went thru :

E92 M3 Alpine White/ Fox Red
6-speed manual
comp pack
prem pack
sirius
heated seats
CF roof

How long should it take to get a production number?

I spoke to the SA today and he said no production number yet but I also dont think he checked cause are call was like 45 seconds.

When the order went thru initially he sent me a copy of it being in 047 status I believe.

Everyone on this site seems to be placing their order and getting their car 6-8 weeks after that.

My question is how long is too long to not receive a prod. number. I would hate to have my car take 12 weeks for some reason when no one elses is?

I can always get in touch with the sales manager again but I dont want to be annoying if it is completely normal ?
6spdg37s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2012, 09:30 PM   #2
M3 Esq
Major
 
M3 Esq's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CT

Posts: 1,419
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
I got my production number after about two weeks. Be patient (or at least appear to try). Ask them when they expect to get a production number - they should be able to give you a ballpark. Congrats!
M3 Esq is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2012, 09:31 PM   #3
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
THE TECH's Avatar
 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

Posts: 12,567
iTrader: (39)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Congrats. Same options as mine. Production number will depend on how many allocations the dealer has. If they have plenty then it should be fairly quickly. Order time should be as stated since you're on the east coast.
__________________
THE TECH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2012, 09:38 PM   #4
6spdg37s
Captain
 
Drives: none
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: dirty jerz

Posts: 754
iTrader: (3)

ok cool thanks guys... so then I will hold off to next week before reaching out to them or the manager.
6spdg37s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2012, 09:44 PM   #5
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
 
tbone28's Avatar
 
Drives: ^^^^^
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,877
iTrader: (12)

took me over a month to get a production number
tbone28 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #6
6spdg37s
Captain
 
Drives: none
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: dirty jerz

Posts: 754
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
took me over a month to get a production number
how long to get the car though from when you placed the order to delievery? also did you order before the productions began for taht year?

in other words u order a 13 but they didnt start production for them yet?
6spdg37s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2012, 09:56 PM   #7
allenm324
Registered
 
allenm324's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Space Gray MT M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 4
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdg37s
ok cool thanks guys... so then I will hold off to next week before reaching out to them or the manager.
I just ordered mine Sunday and got a production number Wednesday. I can now track it online.
__________________
13' Space Gray E92 M3 / MT / Active Autowerke Exhaust
allenm324 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2012, 09:57 PM   #8
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
 
tbone28's Avatar
 
Drives: ^^^^^
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,877
iTrader: (12)

I ordered before production started. Ordered in may, took delivery in september
tbone28 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2012, 08:53 AM   #9
sin911
Second Lieutenant
 
sin911's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Miami

Posts: 298
iTrader: (0)

Congrats!

For me, getting a pro # took about 10 business days.

My delivery from the order date was just over 3 months. So good luck
sin911 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2012, 08:58 AM   #10
6spdg37s
Captain
 
Drives: none
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: dirty jerz

Posts: 754
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sin911 View Post
Congrats!

For me, getting a pro # took about 10 business days.

My delivery from the order date was just over 3 months. So good luck
ugh this makes me want to cry lol I want 6-8 weeks max ! haha

But same thing as questioned above did you order while they were already being produced or did you place your order before the production year actually started??
6spdg37s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2012, 09:17 AM   #11
Ghetto2315
Major
 
Drives: Like I Stole It...
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The REAL Jersey Shore

Posts: 1,179
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdg37s View Post
Placed order on 9/17 and deposit went thru :

E92 M3 Alpine White/ Fox Red
6-speed manual
comp pack
prem pack
sirius
heated seats
CF roof

How long should it take to get a production number?

I spoke to the SA today and he said no production number yet but I also dont think he checked cause are call was like 45 seconds.

When the order went thru initially he sent me a copy of it being in 047 status I believe.

Everyone on this site seems to be placing their order and getting their car 6-8 weeks after that.

My question is how long is too long to not receive a prod. number. I would hate to have my car take 12 weeks for some reason when no one elses is?

I can always get in touch with the sales manager again but I dont want to be annoying if it is completely normal ?
Best of luck with everything. I hope you get your car soon brotha
Ghetto2315 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2012, 09:38 AM   #12
6spdg37s
Captain
 
Drives: none
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: dirty jerz

Posts: 754
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto2315 View Post
Best of luck with everything. I hope you get your car soon brotha
thanks man !
6spdg37s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2012, 11:26 AM   #13
NoM3ForMe
Major
 
NoM3ForMe's Avatar
 
Drives: '04 Quest, '07 Kia Sorrento
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ...location, location?

Posts: 1,336
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to NoM3ForMe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdg37s View Post
Placed order on 9/17 and deposit went thru :

E92 M3 Alpine White/ Fox Red
6-speed manual
comp pack
prem pack
sirius
heated seats
CF roof

How long should it take to get a production number?

I spoke to the SA today and he said no production number yet but I also dont think he checked cause are call was like 45 seconds.

When the order went thru initially he sent me a copy of it being in 047 status I believe.

Everyone on this site seems to be placing their order and getting their car 6-8 weeks after that.

My question is how long is too long to not receive a prod. number. I would hate to have my car take 12 weeks for some reason when no one elses is?

I can always get in touch with the sales manager again but I dont want to be annoying if it is completely normal ?
Congrats!
__________________
try { Life.Live(); } catch (Experience exp) { Console.WriteLine(exp.ToString(); } finally { Brian.Dispose(); }
"There are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those that read binary, and those that don't."
NoM3ForMe is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2012, 03:06 PM   #14
sin911
Second Lieutenant
 
sin911's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Miami

Posts: 298
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdg37s View Post
ugh this makes me want to cry lol I want 6-8 weeks max ! haha

But same thing as questioned above did you order while they were already being produced or did you place your order before the production year actually started??
I placed my order on June 20, so I believe it had already started. But I may be wrong

Good luck with the wait none the less
sin911 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2012, 02:06 AM   #15
sc1989
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2013 M3 coupe white, DCT, ZPP
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC

Posts: 137
iTrader: (0)

congrats man! I too am awaiting my 2013 m3, I got my production number the day the order went through, but like many here, have yet to see it go into production...i was told "patience grasshoppa" i shall pass the same on to you!

congrats again
sc1989 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-02-2012, 10:37 PM   #16
fivemm
New Member
 
Drives: 2013 M3 e92 Space Grey
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Orange County, Ca

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

I ordered mine Sept. 11, got my production number same day. Went to production exactly a week after (Sept. 18), production ended Sept. 26 (left the plant and waiting to be shipped)... This is week 3 for me and I'm already going crazy!
fivemm is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2012, 06:56 AM   #17
6spdg37s
Captain
 
Drives: none
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: dirty jerz

Posts: 754
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivemm View Post
I ordered mine Sept. 11, got my production number same day. Went to production exactly a week after (Sept. 18), production ended Sept. 26 (left the plant and waiting to be shipped)... This is week 3 for me and I'm already going crazy!
Its weird the dealer told me they get their numbers for the month all at once , like a batch sheet type of deal. so Im praying its possible that the car started being built already but they havent gotten the number yet cause they didnt look for it.
6spdg37s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2012, 12:08 PM   #18
rslavujevic
Private First Class
 
Drives: '13 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Miami

Posts: 126
iTrader: (1)

Congrats, almost same built as mine. Hope you have enough hobbies to kill wait time.
rslavujevic is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2012, 02:58 PM   #19
6spdg37s
Captain
 
Drives: none
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: dirty jerz

Posts: 754
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rslavujevic View Post
Congrats, almost same built as mine. Hope you have enough hobbies to kill wait time.
lol definitely not ! Well I noticed ordering truck loads of parts for a car that not yet built is a time killing hobby... but not good ! lol
6spdg37s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #20
fivemm
New Member
 
Drives: 2013 M3 e92 Space Grey
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Orange County, Ca

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

I agree! I've ordered little things like reflector caps and key hole covers and I am searching for the right front lip. Our wait continues!
fivemm is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #21
6spdg37s
Captain
 
Drives: none
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: dirty jerz

Posts: 754
iTrader: (3)

So what is the absolute LONGEST this order should take from date it was placed to receiving it?


Im probably not going to live long enough to take delivery and enjoy the car cause I am going to have a stroke before that from all the stress around my order. I dont know what their doing but its status 047 since sept 18th. They were supposed to call me today about the production number but didnt. I am going to reach out to them tomorrow and see what the hold up is

Last edited by 6spdg37s; 10-04-2012 at 08:05 PM.
6spdg37s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #22
fivemm
New Member
 
Drives: 2013 M3 e92 Space Grey
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Orange County, Ca

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdg37s
So what is the absolute LONGEST this order should take from date it was placed to receiving it?


Im probably not going to live long enough to take delivery and enjoy the car cause I am going to have a stroke before that from all the stress around my order. I dont know what their doing but its status 047 since sept 18th. They were supposed to call me today about the production number but didnt. I am going to reach out to them tomorrow and see what the hold up is
I think you have to push your sales agent to get you a prod number. I knew my agent and the moment I decided to build the car, he got it right away. Not sure what the hold up is, but switch to a different agent/dealer if you can since they haven't started with your car.
fivemm is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST