BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-30-2012, 04:18 PM   #1
6spdg37s
Captain
20
Rep
753
Posts

 
Drives: none
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: dirty jerz

iTrader: (3)

few clips of my z06



I ran an 11.8 with just an exhaust and drag radials
this summer I ran an 11.3 a few times but did not have anyone to video tape it

I have the time slips floating around somewhere



this car is now sold do to the anticipated arrival of my 13 e92 m3 coupe
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 07:28 PM   #2
Hurricane
Lieutenant
Hurricane's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
472
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 E92 M3  [5.00]
The car sounds great!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 07:31 PM   #3
6spdg37s
Captain
20
Rep
753
Posts

 
Drives: none
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: dirty jerz

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
The car sounds great!
thanks ! nothing sounds better than a v8 revving up !

thats part of the reason I ordered the e92 cause it still has the s65 v8
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 08:00 PM   #4
FatRear08
Private
0
Rep
51
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 X5 4.8i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

I agree....that sounds great!! Cool vid really shows the power that car has.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 08:02 PM   #5
6spdg37s
Captain
20
Rep
753
Posts

 
Drives: none
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: dirty jerz

iTrader: (3)

ahh here we go !

I am on the left car 7656 it was bracket racing and I broke out
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 10:05 PM   #6
MrClean335i
FBO+Methanol Injection
MrClean335i's Avatar
18
Rep
349
Posts

 
Drives: M Sport 335i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Miami

iTrader: (0)

You are going to a e92 M3 after a Z06? Why not a 991 Carrera S? You are going to be bored with the M3.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 10:15 PM   #7
6spdg37s
Captain
20
Rep
753
Posts

 
Drives: none
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: dirty jerz

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClean335i View Post
You are going to a e92 M3 after a Z06? Why not a 991 Carrera S? You are going to be bored with the M3.
different intentions for the M
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 03:30 PM   #8
LSPowered
Banned
United_States
6
Rep
198
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 MAZDASPEED6 GT
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: PA

iTrader: (6)

Nice. I've been contemplating selling mine & getting back into a BMW. Love it, but tired of driving my beater so much.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 03:49 PM   #9
6spdg37s
Captain
20
Rep
753
Posts

 
Drives: none
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: dirty jerz

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSPowered View Post
Nice. I've been contemplating selling mine & getting back into a BMW. Love it, but tired of driving my beater so much.
The LSx engine platform is awesome ! We recently built a cammed 5.3 which is an LS block engine, and swapped it in a buddy's blazer xtreme with a factory 5-speed transmission. it runs high 12 low 13. fast for a truck.

I may end up getting a c5 or c5Z again next year to build into a nasty track car.

part of the problem with my c6z was, it was at about 500 or little under 500 hp to the wheels. And I was running 11.3 with just an intake, exhaust and tune.
I got flagged a few times at the track and I either had to not race anymore or cut up the interior and get a padded rollcage setup (which I wasnt doing cause the car was expensive) so I figured I would move on for now.

plus definitely will be more comfortable commuting in a m3 than a z06 lol
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 03:57 PM   #10
LSPowered
Banned
United_States
6
Rep
198
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 MAZDASPEED6 GT
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: PA

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdg37s View Post
The LSx engine platform is awesome ! We recently built a cammed 5.3 which is an LS block engine, and swapped it in a buddy's blazer xtreme with a factory 5-speed transmission. it runs high 12 low 13. fast for a truck.

I may end up getting a c5 or c5Z again next year to build into a nasty track car.

part of the problem with my c6z was, it was at about 500 or little under 500 hp to the wheels. And I was running 11.3 with just an intake, exhaust and tune.
I got flagged a few times at the track and I either had to not race anymore or cut up the interior and get a padded rollcage setup (which I wasnt doing cause the car was expensive) so I figured I would move on for now.

plus definitely will be more comfortable commuting in a m3 than a z06 lol
Should have put the cage in there. Not like it would ruin the car. Remove interior, weld cage in, put interior back in.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST