BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

MaxcySpeed & Company

09-26-2012, 01:47 PM   #45
48Laws
Lieutenant

Drives: '11 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
Have you ever heard of ambition and hard work? Neither of which have anything to do with greed. For you to psycho analyze what motivates anyone just goes to show how ignorant you really are. In a capitalistic society, some people make it and some don't, but I guess by your logic the ones that make it are just the "greedy" ones.

But like most things in life everything is relative.... What I find most ironic is, you have the means to acquire a $65k+ BMW M3 (not to mention any other cars you might own or your net worth) yet you stand on your soap box preaching to the masses about your vision of greed. All good intentions aside, by any measure many would assume your lifestyle is also one fueled by greed.

The nonsense that comes out of your mouth is just mind-numbing.

How did Rmoney acquire his wealth? How about you answer that question yourself since you think driving a BMW equates to accumulating $200 million. There are some really brilliant people on this forum. Any man who earns money at the expense of another human-being's misfortune, IS GREEDY! What product did Rmoney create other than money?

I find it puzzling you would be defending a man who doesn't even represent anything you can remotely achieve. Are you another phony ass Joe-the-Plumber assuming you're a part of the elite class by default while you too suffer like the rest of the American people?
      09-26-2012, 02:15 PM   #46
smohr33
Lieutenant

Drives: 2012 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
Stupid. One could live a fruitful life without being greedy.
Quote:
Any man who earns money at the expense of another human-being's misfortune, IS GREEDY! What product did Rmoney create other than money?
So you can live a fruitful life without being greedy, but only if you create a "product"?
smohr33 is offline   United_States
      09-26-2012, 03:18 PM   #47
48Laws
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleAgedAl View Post
OK, lets take a look at Obama's good buddy, Jay-Z. Net worth is more then DOUBLE what Romney has acquired.
http://www.therichest.org/entertainm...y-z-net-worth/
Jay Z is a private citizen who created an actual product, unlike Rmoney. JayZ has no need to deny he's greedy. For there is no burden on him to identify with the common man, as his excessive wealth is synonymous with his music/lifestyle. That's his brand. So WTF are you trying to convey here? Jayz is not the governor of Massachusetts or a presidential candidate. He's not paid by the tax-payer's dollar.

Quote:
Jay-Z began his "career" dealing drugs. That's not slanderous rumour, he freely admits it. Even relishes in it, as it boosts his rapper street cred. That's the kind of example the president wants the kids today to admire. So, that's OK, and it's appropriate for someone occupying a distinguished office such as POTUS, to hang out with and accept money from folks like that, and yet Romney, who did not acquire his wealth by illegal activities such as dealing drugs, it's not OK for him to buy his wife a couple of American-made cars ?

I have to say, you really apply a very fascinating double standard to almost everything. If person A does something, that's bad. If person B does the same thing (or even worse), thats fine, as long as their personal value system which led them to that same decision is different, or they are not acting "out of character".
Yes. Jay Z began his career as a small-time local drug dealer and he makes no excuses for it. His life story is on platinum selling records. But again, American's are not turning to Jay Z to decrease the deficit or create jobs and turn around the housing market, genius! That said, What about Robert Lichfield and Kem Gardner, the right-hand men of your boy, Rmoney? Hardly is Jay Z Obama's right hand man but the mannerisms black men display when in company with each other would suggest otherwise through the eyes of a paranoid , bitter, "conservative" , blowhard like you. Your only leverage to attack Obama right now is to use his association with a popular rapper. You show fake outrage about a former small-time crack dealer's image to our children , yet you are the same hypocritical nutjob who cheers when a foreign national is assassinated at the whim of our military... Or when war wages against people of different religions and 18 y/o American KIDS with gov't-issued rifles die as a result. Don't give me this crap about our kids! They have far more to worry about than a former Marcy Projects crack dealer turned rapper.

Quote:
I think you are right about one thing; we're going to have to accept an impasse. I personally judge folks on the outcome of their actions, not on the "values" that they embody during their daily lives. If someone donates lots to a charity, even if they do so out of purely selfish reasons (to make themselves look better), isnt that better than not donating at all ?
WOW!!!!!! Wait, you just hammered Obama for being associated with a former crack dealer who was simply helping at a fundraiser. How is what you said above any different? WOW!!!!

Quote:
If you cannot see that your self interest in choosing to own a car that costs more than the sum of DECADES of annual income for billions around the world, does not paint you as devoid of greed, then I am quite certain of 1 thing: nothing that I or any other posters on this board can say will change your mind. I'd have better luck trying to convince the Pope there is no God.
Me acquiring a BMW, regardless of its price, couldn't be further from the act of greed. Ambition that is neither harmful or hurtful to oneself or others is not greed. No one gets up in the morning and says to themselves, "How can I do worse today". But, there are greedy people who get up in the morning andlook for ways to exploit others to get what they want. That's greed.
      09-26-2012, 03:26 PM   #48
48Laws
Lieutenant

Quote:
Dont forget his numerous appearances on Entertainment Tonight. This guy is more of a TV fame whore than the crazies who appear on the "bachelor" with the sole hope of it boosting their chances to get an acting career.
So, you're critical of Obama because he's media friendly and a large portion of Americans are enthusiastic about him? I'll take that criticism any day. But, unless you can tie his appearances with neglect, stop your whining already.

Quote:
But, I can't think of anything better he could be using his time with, such as putting in the hours to foster political relationships and allies within members of the congress so that some progress can happen. As many long-time Washington insiders state, even Clinton (the last POTUS to have young children still at home) spent a lot more time in the evenings and weekends building these bridges with the opposing party.
What information do you have that shows otherwise? Please provide.
      09-26-2012, 03:55 PM   #49
MiddleAgedAl
First Lieutenant

Drives: M3

Quote:
WOW!!!!!! Wait, you just hammered Obama for being associated with a former crack dealer who was simply helping at a fundraiser. How is what you said above any different? WOW!!!!
I hope you are wearing yoga pants with the amount of reaching you are doing.

Like I said, I judge people in the outcomes of their actions. One outcome of Jay-Z actions is that harmful illegal drugs made it into the hands of kids during his first career. That hardly goes a long way to helping cultivate the next Obama, so that some kid today who was not born into privilege might still make it into the White House in 30 years time. I would expect you would not cheer that either.

In his second career, he produces music aimed at impressionable young kids would could really use some practical guidance, and guess what, the message of that is not "hey, stay in school, and you could end up president", instead it glamorizes a dangerous lifestyle, liberally peppered with the N word that is labeled hate speech when uttered by others. He is free to use the absurdly huge funds he has made from that to give to the political party of his choice, but I'd hardly put that on par with a true charity, like the Red Cross, or SPCA, or an abused women's shelter, or the Cancer Society, or MS research, or something like that.

Not sure where I cheered when a "foreign national was assassinated at the whim of the military". I did cheer when some dumbass did himself in after inhaling toxic fumes when trying to burn an American flag. That was self inflicted. As well, I do support those who go overseas and end up having to kill our enemies who apparently are opposed to concepts like free speech, I make no apologies for that. I wouldnt categorize that as a whim.

That is far better than endorsing participants of an industry who send a message to young kids that killing cops is really cool, for example. Killing is not good, but if it has to occur, guess which group I'd rather see it happen to; cops or freedom-hating terrorists ?
      09-26-2012, 04:03 PM   #50
MiddleAgedAl
First Lieutenant

Quote:
So, you're critical of Obama because he's media friendly and a large portion of Americans are enthusiastic about him? I'll take that criticism any day. But, unless you can tie his appearances with neglect, stop your whining already.

What information do you have that shows otherwise? Please provide.
It's not just his enemies who are suggesting he is not jumping into the demanding role of POTUS as much as he needs to (which of course you would expect), it folks on his own team:

"Some of the president's frustrated allies have complained that a seeming reluctance to build relationships with more members of Congress and Washington insiders has made it difficult for him to get business done."

"the current president "is not going to become this great transactional politician," like Clinton.
"Bill Clinton was imbalanced. He would spend the hours between 6:00 and 9:00 (p.m.) talking to people in Congress," Maraniss said. "Whereas President Obama is basically with his family during those hours, which is sort of a balanced thing to do but not necessarily good for a president."

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/02/politi...ood/index.html

Guess what, the weight of 300 million people means the job will be imbalanced. If you wanna be dad of the year, great, but that means that POTUS is not the role for you.
      09-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #51
MiddleAgedAl
First Lieutenant

If you have limited time to do 2 of 3 things, which 2 should a President do?

1. Spend time with kids
2. Work on fostering relationships with congressmen
3. Make time to have interviews with Nancy O'Dell of E.T., and Whoopi Goldberg.

Which of those 3 would the taxpayers expect you to cut out ? Even if you think the role of Dad usurps the role of President, you cant argue that Barbara Walters or the video equivalent of "People Magazine" usurps the role of President....
      09-26-2012, 05:36 PM   #52
Mr Tonka
says, Drastic times call for drastic measures

Drives: Exceptionally well :)

Quote:
If you have limited time to do 2 of 3 things, which 2 should a President do?

1. Spend time with kids
2. Work on fostering relationships with congressmen
3. Make time to have interviews with Nancy O'Dell of E.T., and Whoopi Goldberg.

Which of those 3 would the taxpayers expect you to cut out ? Even if you think the role of Dad usurps the role of President, you cant argue that Barbara Walters or the video equivalent of "People Magazine" usurps the role of President....
Hard to argue with that.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Mr Tonka is offline   United_States
      09-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #53
48Laws
Lieutenant

Quote:
I hope you are wearing yoga pants with the amount of reaching you are doing.

Like I said, I judge people in the outcomes of their actions. One outcome of Jay-Z actions is that harmful illegal drugs made it into the hands of kids during his first career. That hardly goes a long way to helping cultivate the next Obama, so that some kid today who was not born into privilege might still make it into the White House in 30 years time. I would expect you would not cheer that either.

In his second career, he produces music aimed at impressionable young kids would could really use some practical guidance, and guess what, the message of that is not "hey, stay in school, and you could end up president", instead it glamorizes a dangerous lifestyle, liberally peppered with the N word that is labeled hate speech when uttered by others. He is free to use the absurdly huge funds he has made from that to give to the political party of his choice, but I'd hardly put that on par with a true charity, like the Red Cross, or SPCA, or an abused women's shelter, or the Cancer Society, or MS research, or something like that.

Not sure where I cheered when a "foreign national was assassinated at the whim of the military". I did cheer when some dumbass did himself in after inhaling toxic fumes when trying to burn an American flag. That was self inflicted. As well, I do support those who go overseas and end up having to kill our enemies who apparently are opposed to concepts like free speech, I make no apologies for that. I wouldnt categorize that as a whim.

That is far better than endorsing participants of an industry who send a message to young kids that killing cops is really cool, for example. Killing is not good, but if it has to occur, guess which group I'd rather see it happen to; cops or freedom-hating terrorists ?

Like you said....

Quote:
....I personally judge folks on the outcome of their actions, not on the "values" that they embody during their daily lives. If someone donates lots to a charity, even if they do so out of purely selfish reasons (to make themselves look better), isnt that better than not donating at all ?

So what is it? Jay Z donated. Isn't that better than not donating at all???
      09-26-2012, 07:21 PM   #54
cssnms
Brigadier General

Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Quote:
How did Rmoney acquire his wealth? How about you answer that question yourself since you think driving a BMW equates to accumulating $200 million. There are some really brilliant people on this forum. Any man who earns money at the expense of another human-being's misfortune, IS GREEDY! What product did Rmoney create other than money?

I find it puzzling you would be defending a man who doesn't even represent anything you can remotely achieve. Are you another phony ass Joe-the-Plumber assuming you're a part of the elite class by default while you too suffer like the rest of the American people?
You do a marvelous job at deflecting a point.

Nevertheless, I will play.... So let me get this straight, you are actually accusing Mitt Romney of achieving his success at the expense of others??? Oh boy you are one of those... Why don't you enlighten the audience as to how he went about amassing his wealth... I can't wait to hear your anti-capitalism response.

And what is puzzling about supporting a man who achieved success beyond that of what I may achieve in my lifetime? Are you suggesting I should begrudge the man because his path in life resulted in a greater level of success or are you suggesting that I should begrudge the man just because "it's not fair?" I wonder if the bottom 47% look at you in the same manner as you drive around in your sparkling new BMW M3? What a hypocrite...

Do you actually read what you write? The nonsense that spews from your finger tips, to your keyboard is befuddling.

Scotch is that really you?
cssnms is offline   United_States
      09-26-2012, 07:22 PM   #55
48Laws
Lieutenant

Quote:
It's not just his enemies who are suggesting he is not jumping into the demanding role of POTUS as much as he needs to (which of course you would expect), it folks on his own team:

"Some of the president's frustrated allies have complained that a seeming reluctance to build relationships with more members of Congress and Washington insiders has made it difficult for him to get business done."

"the current president "is not going to become this great transactional politician," like Clinton.
"Bill Clinton was imbalanced. He would spend the hours between 6:00 and 9:00 (p.m.) talking to people in Congress," Maraniss said. "Whereas President Obama is basically with his family during those hours, which is sort of a balanced thing to do but not necessarily good for a president."

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/02/politi...ood/index.html

Guess what, the weight of 300 million people means the job will be imbalanced. If you wanna be dad of the year, great, but that means that POTUS is not the role for you.

Wow. I never encountered a member so motivated to find an argument out of EVERYTHING he can find a link to. You're all over the place. You think Obama spending his very limited free time with his growing daughters is less important than schmoozing with Washington deal-makers? Even the word, schmoozing, as the title of your CNN article states, suggests the relatively unimportance of these after-hours events Obama turns down. Obama even made clear these are social engagements he believes comes second to his family. But that doesn't mean Obama has never attended them. If the situation was reversed, I'm sure you'll be whining that he neglects his family, too. We know Obama's critics are working non-stop to find a chink in his Armour. That's their job.

"...but that means that POTUS is not the role for you.." Oh, shuddup!
      09-26-2012, 07:25 PM   #56
MiddleAgedAl
First Lieutenant

Quote:
So what is it? Jay Z donated. Isn't that better than not donating at all???
If the recipient was a CHARITY, then yes that is better than not at all. Say JayZ decided to dump a millions towards the Cancer Society. That could then lead to research to help all those affected, whether they are rich or poor, democrat or republican, black or white, business owner or union member. A tumor knows no politics, and the treatment to kill it would be the same for Obama as it would be for Romney.

Even if Jay Z did so only to appear more generous and win over folks like me, or his accountant told him he needed more deductions, then I would say that while the deed may not substantially change my mind about him, I am geniunely glad he did so. Better to have those extra millions in the labs than not, regardless of the true motivations/values or hidden agenda of the donor. Maybe he does so already. If so, I hope that continues.

Just because a political contribution gets you a tax deduction, does not make it a CHARITY. You also get deductions for mortgage interest too, but cutting a monthly check to Bank of America is hardly a charitable donation.

Lest you think this is a partisan distinction, even those who contribute to Romneys campaign, I would not call that a charitable donation either.
      09-26-2012, 07:31 PM   #57
48Laws
Lieutenant

Quote:
You do a marvelous job at deflecting a point.

Nevertheless, I will play.... So let me get this straight, you are actually accusing Mitt Romney of achieving his success at the expense of others??? Oh boy you are one of those... Why don't you enlighten the audience as to how he went about amassing his wealth... I can't wait to hear your anti-capitalism response.

And what is puzzling about supporting a man who achieved success beyond that of what I may achieve in my lifetime? Are you suggesting I should begrudge the man because his path in life resulted in a greater level of success or are you suggesting that I should begrudge the man just because "it's not fair?" I wonder if the bottom 47% look at you in the same manner as you drive around in your sparkling new BMW M3? What a hypocrite...

Do you actually re-read what you write? The nonsense that spews from your finger tips, to your keyboard is befuddling.

Your laziness prevails. You have absolutely no clue what you're discussing right now. You shouldn't begrudge him for anything but, at the same time you look quite foolish showing such allegiance when your that ignorant. LOL.

Deflect what??? It's astronomically dumb to even have to respond to a person who really thinks it's fair to compare a single, common BMW to a $200 million dollar bankroll earned from failing companies and lost American jobs.

09-26-2012, 07:36 PM   #58
48Laws
Lieutenant

Quote:

I think you are right about one thing; we're going to have to accept an impasse. I personally judge folks on the outcome of their actions, not on the "values" that they embody during their daily lives. If someone donates lots to a charity, even if they do so out of purely selfish reasons (to make themselves look better), isnt that better than not donating at all ?
Your words. Keep back peddling. I'm loving this! Charity smarity. JayZ believes he's donations are for a greater good, even if its not for your beloved party.
      09-26-2012, 07:42 PM   #59
MiddleAgedAl
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Wow. I never encountered a member so motivated to find an argument out of EVERYTHING he can find a link to. You're all over the place.
How am I all over the place? Scroll backwards. Other posters, not me, brought up his interest in appearing on lots of fluff TV shows (ie: not CNN interviews where important policy discussions occur). I'm not leading the discussion, just continuing to partake as it veers around. That is allowed, you know.

Quote:
But that doesn't mean Obama has never attended them.

No, it doesnt mean that he has never attended them. But HIS OWN ALLIES lament his lack of enthusiasm for engaging in the probably unpleasant, yet necessary politicking that happens behind the scenes with Washington insiders, to get things done. Clinton had a family too, but he realized that relationships in Washington are important. It is not staffed with robots. Even in the corporate world, people who are adept at playing the political game in the boardroom achieve more than those who do not. Like it or not, that's how it works.

If he spent less time schmoozing with Jay Leno or Barbara Walters, then at least you could take him at his word that every spare moment he spends trying to be the dad that he never had. But, when he says things like he's too busy trying to carve out family time to nurture political relationships, then you see him every time you turn on the TV, you gotta wonder. It's in his JOB DESCRIPTION to schmooze with John Boehner, as unpleasant as that may be, not to end up knowing the first name of some Entertainment Tonight cameraman.

What does this mean for a possible 2nd term? If he's unwilling (or unable) to jump thru the hoops that all commanders in chief must to keep different parties happy, and that is an established necessity to get congressional progress, then we are in for another 4 more years of gridlock. Hooray.
      09-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #60
MiddleAgedAl
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Your words. Keep back peddling. I'm loving this! Charity smarity. JayZ believes he's donations are for a greater good, even if its not for your beloved party.
Really? You think that copying and pasting my words with an ever increasing font is a win for you? Maybe if you also underlined words, people might not notice I was talking about a charity, and not a political party donation.

As I said, even if it was donating to the GOP, I would not call that a charitable contribution.

I'm sure JayZ believes his donations are for the greater good. If the Democratic party platform would serve the needs of a millionaire business owner just as well as a welfare recipient, then you could say its the same as contributing to a non partisan charity like the Cancer Society, which seeks to eradicate a disease which kills folks of all political stripes.
      09-26-2012, 07:55 PM   #61
48Laws
Lieutenant

Quote:
How am I all over the place? Scroll backwards. Other posters, not me, brought up his interest in appearing on lots of fluff TV shows (ie: not CNN interviews where important policy discussions occur). I'm not leading the discussion, just continuing to partake as it veers around. That is allowed, you know.

No, it doesnt mean that he has never attended them. But HIS OWN ALLIES lament his lack of enthusiasm for engaging in the probably unpleasant, yet necessary politicking that happens behind the scenes with Washington insiders, to get things done. Clinton had a family too, but he realized that relationships in Washington are important. It is not staffed with robots. Even in the corporate world, people who are adept at playing the political game in the boardroom achieve more than those who do not. Like it or not, that's how it works.

If he spent less time schmoozing with Jay Leno or Barbara Walters, then at least you could take him at his word that every spare moment he spends trying to be the dad that he never had. But, when he says things like he's too busy trying to carve out family time to nurture political relationships, then you see him every time you turn on the TV, you gotta wonder. It's in his JOB DESCRIPTION to schmooze with John Boehner, as unpleasant as that may be, not to end up knowing the first name of some Entertainment Tonight cameraman.

What does this mean for a possible 2nd term? If he's unwilling (or unable) to jump thru the hoops that all commanders in chief must to keep different parties happy, and that is an established necessity to get congressional progress, then we are in for another 4 more years of gridlock. Hooray.

Since you seem to be a Washington insider yourself, tell us all what critical dealings Obama is losing ground on by choosing to spend a few evenings with his family? The entire spirit of all your posts is to create an atmosphere of panic and to highlight inconsequential matters. You scurrying to find flaws in the Obama administration is doing nothing to stop the bleeding of Rmoney's failing campaign. His own running mate has contempt for him. Fellow prominent republicans have abandoned him. Rmoney is already behind in must-win key states and we are only a few weeks out. His campaign is hemorrhaging funds. And yet, the only thing you have is to find old ass articles criticizing Obama for being a good father over schmoozing with DC insiders. You are the typical wingnut. See you in November.
      09-26-2012, 08:11 PM   #62
cssnms
Brigadier General

Quote:
Your laziness prevails. You have absolutely no clue what you're discussing right now. You shouldn't begrudge him for anything but, at the same time you look quite foolish showing such allegiance when your that ignorant. LOL.

Deflect what??? It's astronomically dumb to even have to respond to a person who really thinks it's fair to compare a single, common BMW to a $200 million dollar bankroll earned from failing companies and lost American jobs.

Just what I expected...

I like this one better...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=TU3aT6P1bew

I am afraid there is no hope for you...
      09-26-2012, 08:14 PM   #63
48Laws
Lieutenant

Is CSSNMS really laughing? No he's not. Perhaps if you spent more time reading before posting you'd have more footing in this discussion. LOL Now I'm actually laughing.
      09-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #64
MiddleAgedAl
First Lieutenant

Quote:
If the situation was reversed, I'm sure you'll be whining that he neglects his family, too.
Nope. Wouldnt care, as that does not affect me. When Billy was getting his helmet polished in the oral, er , I mean Oval office, I didnt slam him for being a bad husband. That's between him and Hillary, not my business. The policies he enacts, that IS my business, and yours too. I judged him on the duty he owed the taxpayers. He owed Hillary an explanation about Monica, but not me.

Voting for someone to run a country entails a different set of expectations than marrying that person.

When Billy was getting things done by having meetings with the right people between 6-9 pm instead of helping to raise Chelsea, I didnt slam him for being a bad dad. At least he was moving the ball down the field. I didnt agree with all of the legislation, but you couldnt say it was a completely unproductive congressional session either.
      09-26-2012, 08:24 PM   #65
cssnms
Brigadier General

Quote:
Is CSSNMS really laughing? No he's not. Perhaps if you spent more time reading before posting you'd have more footing in this discussion. LOL Now I'm actually laughing.

Yes, yes I am laughing uncontrollably with your every key stroke. In other words, I am not laughing with you, I am laughing at you.
      09-26-2012, 08:28 PM   #66
cssnms
Brigadier General

Quote:

I find it puzzling you would be defending a man who doesn't even represent anything you can remotely achieve.
Quote:

And what is puzzling about supporting a man who achieved success beyond that of what I may achieve in my lifetime? Are you suggesting I should begrudge the man because his path in life resulted in a greater level of success or are you suggesting that I should begrudge the man just because "it's not fair?"
Hey Scotch I am still waiting for an answer...