BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
VF Engineering
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-12-2012, 11:36 PM   #991
fuzzybam
Private First Class
 
Drives: One with wheels
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA

Posts: 197
iTrader: (0)

No worries man.

I think that car has been there since the beginning of July, so it probably just hit 60 days. I don't really know anything about used cars as I have always bought new, but uh... Any pointers?
fuzzybam is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #992
djseto
Private
 
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NC

Posts: 91
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzybam View Post
No worries man.

I think that car has been there since the beginning of July, so it probably just hit 60 days. I don't really know anything about used cars as I have always bought new, but uh... Any pointers?
This was my first used car as well. I would recommend finding a good independent shop that works on BMWs and I'd have them look over the car. It cost me $125 but I got a very thorough check of the car before I bought it. Not all dealers will agree to that. My mechanic said with cars like this they are usually well taken care of or abused. If its the later, he says it's usually pretty obvious. I was anal about looking every detail over and pressing every single button to make sure everything works.

I would only buy one from a BMW dealer or from a dealer that has a BMW dealer in the "family" so you know it's most likely checked over by the BMW shop before it goes on a lot. Private works, but I'm not sure I'd buy a car like this from "Jim Bobs" used car lot.

Also, dont trust car fax. They are only good assuming shops who have worked on the car enter info. What's on there won't be wrong, it just may be missing data.
djseto is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-13-2012, 10:44 PM   #993
fuzzybam
Private First Class
 
Drives: One with wheels
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA

Posts: 197
iTrader: (0)

Yeah. I've learned CarFax is pretty shitty and doesn't really report anything.

I'll try and find a shop to check it out. Thanks again man
fuzzybam is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #994
austinb2123
New Member
 
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: PA

Posts: 10
iTrader: (0)

2010 m3 price

Hey what do you guys think about this? Private seller
6mt 2010 m3 coupe 9k miles
Tech package
Premium package
Red interior 19 inch rims heated seats
Remaining factory warranty

He wants 51.5k?

Reasonable or should I try to bring it down a little?
austinb2123 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-16-2012, 02:57 PM   #995
meko
Second Lieutenant
 
meko's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 228
iTrader: (2)

You are pretty close. In April I bought a e92 '10 same options pretty much, with 13k miles. Paid $52 plus tax and tag.
__________________
meko is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2012, 08:17 PM   #996
AsciiByter
Private
 
AsciiByter's Avatar
 
Drives: 01 M5
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Prosper, TX

Posts: 74
iTrader: (1)

What do you think would be a fair price for this:

2010 E90 M3 DCT Space Grey with Black int:

20k Miles
Tech
Prem
Cold Weather
S752A INDIVIDUAL AUDIOSYSTEM <---------------- Is this Harmon Kardon?
AsciiByter is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2012, 08:25 PM   #997
m3h
Dis Member
 
Drives: in the right lane
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: vancity

Posts: 44
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsciiByter View Post
What do you think would be a fair price for this:

2010 E90 M3 DCT Space Grey with Black int:

20k Miles
Tech
Prem
Cold Weather
S752A INDIVIDUAL AUDIOSYSTEM <---------------- Is this Harmon Kardon?
Individual audio system is the Enhanced Premium Sound with the DIRAC processor. I don't think the HK Logic 7 system is available on the M3.

Last edited by m3h; 09-18-2012 at 11:42 PM.
m3h is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2012, 08:54 PM   #998
AsciiByter
Private
 
AsciiByter's Avatar
 
Drives: 01 M5
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Prosper, TX

Posts: 74
iTrader: (1)

Well thats good to know Thanks
AsciiByter is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2012, 12:16 PM   #999
Mpowah
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Middletown, Delaware

Posts: 32
iTrader: (0)

Best price

I think I got one of the most reasonable deals out there on a used M3.

In February of this year I purchased a 2008 Silverstone II E90 M3 with fox red leather, 6MT, all options possible with 21k miles on the clock. I was on vacation in Tampa, Florida and purchased the car from http://www.dimmitt.com/

Ready for the price? I paid $39.9k and had a pre purchase inspection done by the BMW dealer across the road (Fergusson BMW). For $275 they validated that the car had no issues at all.

Please keep in mind, this price is the true "on sale price" not one of those deals where they give you a lower price but screw you on your trade. I sold my Evo X to carmax in FL prior to going into the dealership.

While dimmitt doesn't sell BMW (they sell Bentley/Landrover/Mclaren/Lotus etc) I assume the reason they sold it at such a good price is because they don't have BMW's on their lot.
Mpowah is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2012, 01:23 PM   #1000
gatorfast
Colonel
 
gatorfast's Avatar
 
Drives: MR E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SoFla

Posts: 2,561
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpowah View Post
While dimmitt doesn't sell BMW (they sell Bentley/Landrover/Mclaren/Lotus etc) I assume the reason they sold it at such a good price is because they don't have BMW's on their lot.
The probably sold it at that price because they raped the guy who traded it in...

Good price though. I picked up my E90 same time as you for $35k but mine had 47k miles.
gatorfast is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #1001
Mpowah
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Middletown, Delaware

Posts: 32
iTrader: (0)

haha

Yeah they probably did rape him by 3-4k. I'll take the win on my end :-)
Mpowah is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2012, 03:17 PM   #1002
mdosu
Banned
 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 8,517
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpowah View Post
I think I got one of the most reasonable deals out there on a used M3.

In February of this year I purchased a 2008 Silverstone II E90 M3 with fox red leather, 6MT, all options possible with 21k miles on the clock. I was on vacation in Tampa, Florida and purchased the car from http://www.dimmitt.com/

Ready for the price? I paid $39.9k and had a pre purchase inspection done by the BMW dealer across the road (Fergusson BMW). For $275 they validated that the car had no issues at all.

Please keep in mind, this price is the true "on sale price" not one of those deals where they give you a lower price but screw you on your trade. I sold my Evo X to carmax in FL prior to going into the dealership.

While dimmitt doesn't sell BMW (they sell Bentley/Landrover/Mclaren/Lotus etc) I assume the reason they sold it at such a good price is because they don't have BMW's on their lot.
great price, good job.
mdosu is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2012, 01:34 AM   #1003
Hierlevelz
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 09 335i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: ENYC

Posts: 491
iTrader: (5)

what would you guys pay for the following?
CPO 2009 E90
Exterior: Interlagos Blue Metallic
Interior: Black
Transmission: Manual
Fuel Type: Gas
Stock Number: 121099A
VIN: WBSPM93559E201786
Mileage: 43,531
Hierlevelz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2012, 05:40 AM   #1004
lacartus
Blah blah blah
 
lacartus's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ

Posts: 135
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hierlevelz
what would you guys pay for the following?
CPO 2009 E90
Exterior: Interlagos Blue Metallic
Interior: Black
Transmission: Manual
Fuel Type: Gas
Stock Number: 121099A
VIN: WBSPM93559E201786
Mileage: 43,531
I just bought this car for 42k.
CPO, Tech pack, winter pack, new Pilot Sports
__________________
Ian 2009 e90 MT
lacartus is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2012, 05:40 AM   #1005
SR-71
Private First Class
 
SR-71's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 Jerez Black M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Newport News, VA

Posts: 129
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hierlevelz View Post
what would you guys pay for the following?
CPO 2009 E90
Exterior: Interlagos Blue Metallic
Interior: Black
Transmission: Manual
Fuel Type: Gas
Stock Number: 121099A
VIN: WBSPM93559E201786
Mileage: 43,531
I hope you're not talking about the one at Paul Miller BMW in New Jersey as that one has already sold. I was also inquiring about it, but a day too late.
SR-71 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2012, 05:41 AM   #1006
SR-71
Private First Class
 
SR-71's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 Jerez Black M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Newport News, VA

Posts: 129
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacartus View Post
I just bought this car for 42k.
So... It was you...

Good job snatching that one up. It looked pretty awesome.

What would you say to this:
08 E90
27k miles
6spd MT
All options
for $44k

KBB seems to agree with the pricing. Is this a decent deal?

Last edited by SR-71; 09-26-2012 at 05:47 AM.
SR-71 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2012, 05:46 AM   #1007
lacartus
Blah blah blah
 
lacartus's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ

Posts: 135
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB35i
Good job snatching that one up. It looked pretty awesome.
Thanks, yeah, it was what I was looking for...and a good deal. I had the salesman call me when they took any 4door trade, so I had a one week head start before they listed it.
__________________
Ian 2009 e90 MT
lacartus is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2012, 05:51 AM   #1008
lacartus
Blah blah blah
 
lacartus's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ

Posts: 135
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB35i
What would you say to this:
08 E90
27k miles
6spd MT
All options
for $44k

KBB seems to agree with the pricing. Is this a decent deal?
CPO?
I'd want to pay in the thirties for a 2008. I have access to Manheim auction results and that is what I saw. The 2008 takes a hit due to being per-LCI (lights, etc). CPO is worth about 3k retail, I valued it at 1k on top of what I would pay.
__________________
Ian 2009 e90 MT
lacartus is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2012, 09:34 AM   #1009
Carl L
Captain
 
Carl L's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: West Coast

Posts: 715
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB35i View Post
So... It was you...

Good job snatching that one up. It looked pretty awesome.

What would you say to this:
08 E90
27k miles
6spd MT
All options
for $44k

KBB seems to agree with the pricing. Is this a decent deal?
Yes, it is a decent deal provided it has a clean history. You may get be able to get it down a couple of grand though to low 40s though if you need to add your own warranty.
__________________
'09 M3 (E92)
'15 M3 on order
-prev M-car: '08 M5

Last edited by Carl L; 09-27-2012 at 07:27 PM. Reason: typo
Carl L is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2012, 09:30 PM   #1010
Hierlevelz
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 09 335i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: ENYC

Posts: 491
iTrader: (5)

oh well I suppose when the dealer follows up with a phone call this Friday to come see the car I'll tell them to go pound sand and stop wasting my time. lol
Hierlevelz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2012, 10:41 PM   #1011
Hierlevelz
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 09 335i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: ENYC

Posts: 491
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB35i View Post
I hope you're not talking about the one at Paul Miller BMW in New Jersey as that one has already sold. I was also inquiring about it, but a day too late.
Those fukers still have the car listed as bait. They call me up this morning and left a message wanting to know if I was still going to make the appointment. They never mentioned anything about the car in question.
Hierlevelz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2012, 11:24 PM   #1012
SR-71
Private First Class
 
SR-71's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 Jerez Black M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Newport News, VA

Posts: 129
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hierlevelz View Post
Those fukers still have the car listed as bait. They call me up this morning and left a message wanting to know if I was still going to make the appointment. They never mentioned anything about the car in question.
I noticed that as well. I checked their website and it is still listed there too.
SR-71 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST