BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-11-2012, 06:38 PM   #221
M GmbH
Private
 
M GmbH's Avatar
 
Drives: '97 E36 M3 4Door Track Car
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dayton,OH

Posts: 97
iTrader: (0)

Have all of these LRE been sold? Has anyone seem one on the dealers floor?
M GmbH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #222
///M1
Brigadier General
 
///M1's Avatar
 
Drives: Many
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 212/305

Posts: 3,090
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M GmbH View Post
Have all of these LRE been sold? Has anyone seem one on the dealers floor?
I think there is still some available. In fact, I was talking to a dealer who was given one (without even being asked, in fact insisted that he not get one allocated, but was 'forced' to take one). He ended up sending it across country to a different dealer.

Despite the limited number, it does look like BMW was not able to sell them like the hotcakes they (rather Matt Russell) thought they would be...
__________________
2011 BMW E82 1///M: AW, ZPP+ZCV, HK, Apps; Akra CF+Valve control, MadDad mids, K&N, Forge FMIC, P3gauge, EuroTails, Tint, CF Mirrors+Spoiler+Roof+RevoZ diffuser, 10mm H&R, IND grills+gills, xCDV, LUX AE
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Interior, Premium+Titanium Package, EPL Tune, Stasis Ohlins MS coilovers, Milltek valved exhaust+DownPipes, Alcon BBK, Tint, ADR V1, Lidatek, Lamin-X, Strasse Forged SM7 3-piece concave wheels, 275/30/19 PSSs, Euro flat-bottom steering wheel, JHM SSK
///M1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-12-2012, 12:01 PM   #223
fuddman
Captain
 
Drives: 528-maybe
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California

Posts: 622
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GmbH View Post
Have all of these LRE been sold? Has anyone seem one on the dealers floor?
I doubt it. They appear to be in transit. Here's one;
http://www.shopautobahnbmw.com/detai...w-9226132.html

If you want to find more, look on Cars.com for 2013 M3 coupes with MSRP over 80k. Some dealers, I think, believe they have the equivalent of the Hope Diamond on their lot.
fuddman is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-12-2012, 12:11 PM   #224
Jags
New Member
 
Drives: Individual E93 M3
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: London, England

Posts: 9
iTrader: (0)

thats sweet !!!!
Jags is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-20-2012, 01:07 PM   #225
M3NNIS
Colonel
 
M3NNIS's Avatar
 
Drives: a truck for now
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DFW

Posts: 2,190
iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to M3NNIS Send a message via MSN to M3NNIS
no one has one yet?
__________________
M3NNIS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-20-2012, 01:37 PM   #226
Ghetto2315
Major
 
Drives: Like I Stole It...
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The REAL Jersey Shore

Posts: 1,224
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddman View Post
I doubt it. They appear to be in transit. Here's one;
http://www.shopautobahnbmw.com/detai...w-9226132.html

If you want to find more, look on Cars.com for 2013 M3 coupes with MSRP over 80k. Some dealers, I think, believe they have the equivalent of the Hope Diamond on their lot.
There is a delay in production. Production expected to pick up week 42.
Ghetto2315 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2012, 03:28 PM   #227
M3NNIS
Colonel
 
M3NNIS's Avatar
 
Drives: a truck for now
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DFW

Posts: 2,190
iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to M3NNIS Send a message via MSN to M3NNIS
After thinking a little bit, you know. If this was not made by BMW and instead an individual ordered car exactly like this, everyone would be goggly over it. But, since its a "special" edition everyone or a lot of people down it. keep in mind if you specked a car like this as individual it would cost more. I like the car, I think its the sickest edition they have put out. I am not a flashy car person and you can see by previous threads I wasnt sure that the m3 was suite for flashy colors, but this one has grown on me. If it looks as good when it gets here next week I will be all over it.
__________________
M3NNIS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2012, 10:05 AM   #228
KillrM3
Private
 
KillrM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AW M3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 56
iTrader: (2)

1 available.
Attached Images
 
KillrM3 is offline   South Africa
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2012, 12:27 PM   #229
M3NNIS
Colonel
 
M3NNIS's Avatar
 
Drives: a truck for now
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DFW

Posts: 2,190
iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to M3NNIS Send a message via MSN to M3NNIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by buschy View Post
After thinking a little bit, you know. If this was not made by BMW and instead an individual ordered car exactly like this, everyone would be goggly over it. But, since its a "special" edition everyone or a lot of people down it. keep in mind if you specked a car like this as individual it would cost more. I like the car, I think its the sickest edition they have put out. I am not a flashy car person and you can see by previous threads I wasnt sure that the m3 was suite for flashy colors, but this one has grown on me. If it looks as good when it gets here next week I will be all over it.
heres my point
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...ight=lime+rock
__________________
M3NNIS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #230
Markeyb
New Member
 
Drives: M3 LRP
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nc

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buschy View Post
no one has one yet?
I have just bought one. Purchased it within 24 hours of the dealer getting it in stock.
Markeyb is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-09-2012, 04:03 PM   #231
Markeyb
New Member
 
Drives: M3 LRP
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nc

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

Picked up my M3 - LRP

New to this post, but I have had 323/325/335 Coupe twin turbo/535 twin turbo and was now able to spring for an M3. Went to the dealer the same day they got the LRP edition in. Took a test drive in a standard M3 and knew I had to have one. I love the LRP edition, yes under the hood it is the same as an M3, which IMO the V8 is awsome, but I just find this version really cool.
Attached Images
 
Markeyb is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #232
adc
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2009 E90 M3 ED
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MD/DC

Posts: 4,073
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markeyb View Post
New to this post, but I have had 323/325/335 Coupe twin turbo/535 twin turbo and was now able to spring for an M3. Went to the dealer the same day they got the LRP edition in. Took a test drive in a standard M3 and knew I had to have one. I love the LRP edition, yes under the hood it is the same as an M3, which IMO the V8 is awsome, but I just find this version really cool.
Congrats man! Sharp looking car...

Would you mind sharing some financial info, for example did you pay over MSRP?
__________________

2009 E90 M3 ED
2014 X1 28i
2000 Boxster
adc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #233
ChiTownM
Private First Class
 
Drives: e92 M3 & X5M
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chicago

Posts: 135
iTrader: (0)

Local Chicago dealer had one on the floor and it sold pretty fast within a couple of days. I like it but I went another dreck ion with mine, base M3 with DCT option only and some personal modding courtesy of the fantastic guys at IND and Viga-Design
ChiTownM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-09-2012, 08:54 PM   #234
Markeyb
New Member
 
Drives: M3 LRP
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nc

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Congrats man! Sharp looking car...

Would you mind sharing some financial info, for example did you pay over MSRP?
Yup paid over sticker price by about 4k. Sticker was $84k with destination and gas guzzler charge. This is the 5th car I have got from the dealer so they did cut me a big break from what they thought they could get over sticker. Had a much better offer on a standard M3 on the lot, but given they had had it for less than 24 hours there was only so far they could go, so i bought it. I had to travel the next day so left it in the showroom for the weekend and they had a lot of interest, 2 other M3's sold so I did not mind paying the extra to make sure I could get it.
Markeyb is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-09-2012, 09:03 PM   #235
Ghetto2315
Major
 
Drives: Like I Stole It...
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The REAL Jersey Shore

Posts: 1,224
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markeyb
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Congrats man! Sharp looking car...

Would you mind sharing some financial info, for example did you pay over MSRP?
Yup paid over sticker price by about 4k. Sticker was $84k with destination and gas guzzler charge. This is the 5th car I have got from the dealer so they did cut me a big break from what they thought they could get over sticker. Had a much better offer on a standard M3 on the lot, but given they had had it for less than 24 hours there was only so far they could go, so i bought it. I had to travel the next day so left it in the showroom for the weekend and they had a lot of interest, 2 other M3's sold so I did not mind paying the extra to make sure I could get it.
Over $4K?!? Return that car and I'll get you MSRP for one. Not a cent over.
Ghetto2315 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 06:49 AM   #236
M3NNIS
Colonel
 
M3NNIS's Avatar
 
Drives: a truck for now
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DFW

Posts: 2,190
iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to M3NNIS Send a message via MSN to M3NNIS
I paid under msrp. but here is a sticker for a LRE that a dealer has.
Attached Images
 
__________________
M3NNIS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #237
Markeyb
New Member
 
Drives: M3 LRP
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nc

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buschy View Post
I paid under msrp. but here is a sticker for a LRE that a dealer has.
Do you class the 10K Arizona price adjustmeant as part of the MSRP - if so I paid under MSRP becasue it was the same in NC i.e having the price adjustment.
Markeyb is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #238
M3NNIS
Colonel
 
M3NNIS's Avatar
 
Drives: a truck for now
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DFW

Posts: 2,190
iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to M3NNIS Send a message via MSN to M3NNIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markeyb View Post
Do you class the 10K Arizona price adjustmeant as part of the MSRP - if so I paid under MSRP becasue it was the same in NC i.e having the price adjustment.
no.
__________________
M3NNIS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #239
///M1
Brigadier General
 
///M1's Avatar
 
Drives: Many
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 212/305

Posts: 3,090
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Well congrats on those that got the LRE, but man, paying over sticker?! Really??? It cost as much as a new F10 M5, wow!

And basically negates any 'savings' you get as part of the package. Spec the car a-la-cart, and you will do far better than paying over MSRP. Unless you really care for the silly plaque, which I suppose BMW Marketing is banking on that people do...

All I know is my dealer didn't want a single allocation and was forced to get one (by corporate). He ended up shipping it to a different dealer on the Left Coast where it seems 'MV Adjustments' are a natural phenomenon.
__________________
2011 BMW E82 1///M: AW, ZPP+ZCV, HK, Apps; Akra CF+Valve control, MadDad mids, K&N, Forge FMIC, P3gauge, EuroTails, Tint, CF Mirrors+Spoiler+Roof+RevoZ diffuser, 10mm H&R, IND grills+gills, xCDV, LUX AE
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Interior, Premium+Titanium Package, EPL Tune, Stasis Ohlins MS coilovers, Milltek valved exhaust+DownPipes, Alcon BBK, Tint, ADR V1, Lidatek, Lamin-X, Strasse Forged SM7 3-piece concave wheels, 275/30/19 PSSs, Euro flat-bottom steering wheel, JHM SSK
///M1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 11:58 AM   #240
M3NNIS
Colonel
 
M3NNIS's Avatar
 
Drives: a truck for now
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DFW

Posts: 2,190
iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to M3NNIS Send a message via MSN to M3NNIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
Well congrats on those that got the LRE, but man, paying over sticker?! Really??? It cost as much as a new F10 M5, wow!

And basically negates any 'savings' you get as part of the package. Spec the car a-la-cart, and you will do far better than paying over MSRP. Unless you really care for the silly plaque, which I suppose BMW Marketing is banking on that people do...

All I know is my dealer didn't want a single allocation and was forced to get one (by corporate). He ended up shipping it to a different dealer on the Left Coast where it seems 'MV Adjustments' are a natural phenomenon.
I wouldnt pay over msrp for any car. however, I believe with the additions of the LRE car its worth the extra money. it comes out the same as specing a car with the options it has maybe a little cheaper, unless you did Euro delivery.
__________________
M3NNIS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 01:26 PM   #241
Markeyb
New Member
 
Drives: M3 LRP
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nc

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buschy View Post
I wouldnt pay over msrp for any car. however, I believe with the additions of the LRE car its worth the extra money. it comes out the same as specing a car with the options it has maybe a little cheaper, unless you did Euro delivery.
Oh Well. I paid less than asking price but more than the $84.2K on the car. Actually some of the additional was tax tag deal fee, title transfer etc - but either way perhaps paid more than I should. I am super happy with the car, so the price is less important to me.
Markeyb is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 02:04 PM   #242
M3NNIS
Colonel
 
M3NNIS's Avatar
 
Drives: a truck for now
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DFW

Posts: 2,190
iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to M3NNIS Send a message via MSN to M3NNIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markeyb View Post
Oh Well. I paid less than asking price but more than the $84.2K on the car. Actually some of the additional was tax tag deal fee, title transfer etc - but either way perhaps paid more than I should. I am super happy with the car, so the price is less important to me.
I am no personally criticizing your decision. I think you did good. if you are comfortable with what you paid thats all that matters. most of the people as you can see on here wouldn't even pay msrp for the car, or so they say. so to each his own. congrats on the car, I love it.
__________________
M3NNIS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2013 e92 m3, 2013 m3 coupe, 2013 m3 lime rock edition, e92 m3 fire orange, e92 m3 lime rock, e92 m3 lime rock park edition, e92 m3 special edition, fire orange e92 m3, fire orange m3, fire orange m3 coupe, lime rock e92 m3, lime rock m3, lime rock m3 coupe, lime rock m3 edition, lime rock park m3, lime rock park m3 coupe, m3 coupe lime rock park, m3 coupe lime rock park edition, m3 lime rock edition, m3 lime rock park, m3 lime rock park edition, special edition e92 m3

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST