BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
ESS Tuning
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-12-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
ERinEC
Private First Class
 
Drives: '11 AW E92 M3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MD

Posts: 162
iTrader: (0)

Fair Price for AW E92 With 9,000 Miles?

Car is AW with black leather interior, carbon leather trim, DCT, Premium, Convenience, Comp, and Cold weather packages and enhanced sound.

Thanks in advance!
ERinEC is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-12-2012, 11:18 PM   #2
fuddman
Captain
 
Drives: 528-maybe
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California

Posts: 677
iTrader: (0)

Year?
fuddman is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-13-2012, 05:58 AM   #3
NHman
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 M3 MR ZCP DCT
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorthEast

Posts: 463
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERinEC View Post
Car is AW with black leather interior, carbon leather trim, DCT, Premium, Convenience, Comp, and Cold weather packages and enhanced sound.

Thanks in advance!
Need more information including year, condition, private or dealer vehicle, extended warranty, etc. If posting on AutoTrader or equivalent, provide the link.
NHman is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-13-2012, 09:19 AM   #4
ERinEC
Private First Class
 
Drives: '11 AW E92 M3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MD

Posts: 162
iTrader: (0)

It's a 2011, warranty good through 2/15 (not CPO), and I was told it is a creampuff, in pristine condition. It is being sold through an independent dealer.
ERinEC is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #5
dagolfpro
Lieutenant Colonel
 
dagolfpro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,830
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERinEC View Post
It's a 2011, warranty good through 2/15 (not CPO), and I was told it is a creampuff, in pristine condition. It is being sold through an independent dealer.
What's the asking price and what was MSRP. 2011 depending on options goes between $57-$63.

You can also compare prices here.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=284

GL
__________________
2011 E90 AW | DCT | ZCP | ZCV | ZCW | ZP2 | Prem Sound | Moonroof | BMW Apps |
Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Painted Reflectors | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | 18" Volks TE37SL Pressed Graphite | Yokohama AD08 | Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
dagolfpro is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      09-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #6
ERinEC
Private First Class
 
Drives: '11 AW E92 M3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MD

Posts: 162
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfpro View Post
What's the asking price and what was MSRP. 2011 depending on options goes between $57-$63.

You can also compare prices here.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=284

GL
MSRP was $75K and he's asking $64,900.
ERinEC is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #7
fuddman
Captain
 
Drives: 528-maybe
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California

Posts: 677
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERinEC View Post
MSRP was $75K and he's asking $64,900.
He's asking waaaayyyy too much.
Forget about MSRP and concentrate on invoice prices and/or, because it's a used car, ask yourself "how much did this car cost the dealer." Ideally, you negotiate from the standpoint of knowing what the dealer paid for the car (or how much he's into it) then adding some amount for what you both believe to be a reasonable profit.
For starters, a 2011 is almost identical to a 2013. Go to bmwconfig.com and price a 2013 equiped like yours. Look at the invoice price, add $500 and you'll get what a new one would cost you. To make dollar sense, there has to be a big money difference between the cost of a used car and the cost of an identical new one.
Good luck
fuddman is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-13-2012, 03:52 PM   #8
ERinEC
Private First Class
 
Drives: '11 AW E92 M3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MD

Posts: 162
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddman View Post
He's asking waaaayyyy too much.
Forget about MSRP and concentrate on invoice prices and/or, because it's a used car, ask yourself "how much did this car cost the dealer." Ideally, you negotiate from the standpoint of knowing what the dealer paid for the car (or how much he's into it) then adding some amount for what you both believe to be a reasonable profit.
For starters, a 2011 is almost identical to a 2013. Go to bmwconfig.com and price a 2013 equiped like yours. Look at the invoice price, add $500 and you'll get what a new one would cost you. To make dollar sense, there has to be a big money difference between the cost of a used car and the cost of an identical new one.
Good luck
Great, thanks for the advice.
ERinEC is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #9
alms211
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: MD

Posts: 746
iTrader: (1)

This is precisely the way I go about pricing a used car. I am baffled at the number of sellers that have 2011 cars that are asking north of $60K for them.....I just priced out a 2013 E92M3.....MSRP $72K and invoice of $66K. With the $750 cash back, that car canbe purchased for $500 over invoice, or $65,750 in this case. Why in the hell would someone buy a two year old car with 8-10k miles for only $5-6k less than a brand new one?
alms211 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-15-2012, 01:34 PM   #10
ERinEC
Private First Class
 
Drives: '11 AW E92 M3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MD

Posts: 162
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
This is precisely the way I go about pricing a used car. I am baffled at the number of sellers that have 2011 cars that are asking north of $60K for them.....I just priced out a 2013 E92M3.....MSRP $72K and invoice of $66K. With the $750 cash back, that car canbe purchased for $500 over invoice, or $65,750 in this case. Why in the hell would someone buy a two year old car with 8-10k miles for only $5-6k less than a brand new one?
Yeah, I see your point. I see your in MD as well. What part?
ERinEC is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-15-2012, 01:45 PM   #11
tibra1
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC

Posts: 6,777
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERinEC View Post
MSRP was $75K and he's asking $64,900.
THATS over the moon.. on the best day couldnt get it.. retail price

FYI I bought an AW 2011 e92 with 4,300 miles, only Comp, Cold, leather, OEM CF Splitters/Mirror caps and LUX angel eyes, for $54K and that was one year ago..
tibra1 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      09-15-2012, 02:33 PM   #12
alms211
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: MD

Posts: 746
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERinEC View Post
Yeah, I see your point. I see your in MD as well. What part?
I'm in Frederick (Braddock Heights area). In 3 minutes I am on long windy country roads....and about a 40 minute drive to Summit Point Raceway
alms211 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-15-2012, 02:45 PM   #13
NHman
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 M3 MR ZCP DCT
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorthEast

Posts: 463
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
This is precisely the way I go about pricing a used car. I am baffled at the number of sellers that have 2011 cars that are asking north of $60K for them.....I just priced out a 2013 E92M3.....MSRP $72K and invoice of $66K. With the $750 cash back, that car canbe purchased for $500 over invoice, or $65,750 in this case. Why in the hell would someone buy a two year old car with 8-10k miles for only $5-6k less than a brand new one?
Just a guess but I suspect some of the sellers are setting the price to equate to the payoff. I agree that a new M3 can be purchased between the mid to upper sixties (depending on equipment). It all comes to knowledge and a bit of research. From the sellers point-of-view, if they can find a buyer for their asking price (of $60k), good for them.
NHman is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-15-2012, 02:50 PM   #14
ERinEC
Private First Class
 
Drives: '11 AW E92 M3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MD

Posts: 162
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
I'm in Frederick (Braddock Heights area). In 3 minutes I am on long windy country roads....and about a 40 minute drive to Summit Point Raceway
OH, cool. I went to Summitt Point a few years back for an HPDE on the Shenandoah Circuit.
ERinEC is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-15-2012, 03:26 PM   #15
alms211
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: MD

Posts: 746
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHman View Post
Just a guess but I suspect some of the sellers are setting the price to equate to the payoff. I agree that a new M3 can be purchased between the mid to upper sixties (depending on equipment). It all comes to knowledge and a bit of research. From the sellers point-of-view, if they can find a buyer for their asking price (of $60k), good for them.
I'm sure you are dead on with that assessment. I agree; it doesn't hurt to ask the price but at the end of the day if someone really wants to move the car they (the seller) have to be realistic.
alms211 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-15-2012, 04:51 PM   #16
NHman
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 M3 MR ZCP DCT
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorthEast

Posts: 463
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
I'm sure you are dead on with that assessment. I agree; it doesn't hurt to ask the price but at the end of the day if someone really wants to move the car they (the seller) have to be realistic.
I agree with point that the seller should be realistic. But people can be, well, strange. Therefore have unrealistic expectations on perceived value vs. true. Again, if the seller can find a buyer at the high level, power to them. There's always one. But it will not be me.
NHman is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST