BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis
 
PYSPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-02-2012, 05:16 PM   #1
///M-Night
Private First Class
 
Drives: M e93
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancity

Posts: 122
iTrader: (0)

H&R coilover or KW sleeve kit?

Can't decide too go with KW sleeve kit or H&R coilover. Car is a 08 e93 without edc. Just looking for a better stance and cornering without being too firm. Which do you guys think is better? I don't see a lot of people using the coilover is there a reason for this? Please help
Thanks
///M-Night is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-02-2012, 07:23 PM   #2
edwinm3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
edwinm3's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 MELBOURNE RED M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Doral

Posts: 1,822
iTrader: (8)

For the price and the fact you dont have EDC I would do H&R coils, not a bad deal and they come with Bilsteins if I'm not mistaken. Their quality was crappy back on the E46 world but I heard they got better now (Not the best). I think TMS has a good deal on those right now. Don't waste your time with the stock shocks, it's ok for guys like me who want to wear out their stock EDC shocks before going full coils.
__________________
edwinm3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-02-2012, 07:42 PM   #3
///M-Night
Private First Class
 
Drives: M e93
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancity

Posts: 122
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinm3
For the price and the fact you dont have EDC I would do H&R coils, not a bad deal and they come with Bilsteins if I'm not mistaken. Their quality was crappy back on the E46 world but I heard they got better now (Not the best). I think TMS has a good deal on those right now. Don't waste your time with the stock shocks, it's ok for guys like me who want to wear out their stock EDC shocks before going full coils.
Thanks for the input. When you say that H&R coils were crappy. What was wrong with them?
///M-Night is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-02-2012, 10:18 PM   #4
ailikesiliu
Captain
 
ailikesiliu's Avatar
 
Drives: Asian Cutties
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 740
iTrader: (8)

def go with the full coilovers, or go with the KW V3 if u r willing to spend several hundreds more..
ailikesiliu is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2012, 02:32 AM   #5
bigjae1976
That's what she said...
 
bigjae1976's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Posts: 5,457
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.00]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
On the E46, I know a lot of people complained about the cup kit's ride quality. That was just dampers/springs. Not height adjustable.
__________________


Sponsored by Momentum BMW #593...We Bleed BMW BLUE!
bigjae1976 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2012, 09:11 AM   #6
SDPRT
Lieutenant
 
SDPRT's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 M3 Space Gray/MT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 551
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 e92  [0.00]
KW V3 and don't look back.
__________________
RPI GTc/ RPI X-Pipe/DINAN Stage2/KWV3/18" BC Forged RS41/Mode Carbon V2 GTS/RPI AF + Red Scoops/Lux Angel Eyes.
SDPRT is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2012, 09:17 AM   #7
edwinm3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
edwinm3's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 MELBOURNE RED M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Doral

Posts: 1,822
iTrader: (8)

IIRC H&R coils for the E46 were adjustable.

OP, crappy meaning, bad quality. Apparently they got over that and made them better this time, again for the price, you can't beat them with a stick. Before I get murdered here, I know there are a million other brands out there you could go with if you're willing to spend more money but I rather do H&R coils than Adjustable sleeves if I didnt have EDC and money was an issue.
__________________
edwinm3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #8
///M-Night
Private First Class
 
Drives: M e93
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancity

Posts: 122
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinm3
IIRC H&R coils for the E46 were adjustable.

OP, crappy meaning, bad quality. Apparently they got over that and made them better this time, again for the price, you can't beat them with a stick. Before I get murdered here, I know there are a million other brands out there you could go with if you're willing to spend more money but I rather do H&R coils than Adjustable sleeves if I didnt have EDC and money was an issue.
Thanks for your advice, I think I'm gonna go with the H&R coilovers. For the price it is really hard too beat. If money wasn't a issue we'll prob all be running Ohlins!
///M-Night is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #9
edwinm3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
edwinm3's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 MELBOURNE RED M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Doral

Posts: 1,822
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-Night View Post
For the price it is really hard too beat. If money wasn't a issue we'll prob all be running Ohlins!
True and true, Turner motorsports I think has the best deal on these right now
__________________
edwinm3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-07-2012, 10:33 AM   #10
Malek@MRF
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Malek@MRF's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3, E30, F30
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Irvine, California

Posts: 3,374
iTrader: (5)

Send a message via AIM to Malek@MRF
H&R without a doubt, even if you have EDC.

There is a vast improvement over OEM, and out performs any sleeve kit.
__________________

BMW PERFORMANCE SPECIALISTS. Suspension. Forced Induction. Brakes. Race Preparation. Service. Alignments.
OFFICIAL PARTNERS: Íhlins. KW Suspension. Brembo. AP Racing. ESS Tuning. iND Distribution. Turner Motorsport.
Facebook | Instagram | Yelp! | Flikr | Contact | YouTube
Malek@MRF is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST