BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
E92-lighting
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-31-2012, 09:11 AM   #23
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
91
Rep
3,584
Posts


 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhabs View Post
Does anyone know the filtering efficiency of this filter?
Our filter has the ablity to trap dirt down to 5 microns.

Weight is also less than 2 pounds.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 09:16 AM   #24
armyav8tor
n1smo
armyav8tor's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
1,449
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Maybe I should read that other thread. I figured that dude was a troll from reading a few of his stupid posts so I've been ignoring the new ones but if it has some entertainment value to it then why not.

Love my AA Green filter BTW
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 09:52 AM   #25
FogCityM3
Lieutenant Colonel
FogCityM3's Avatar
36
Rep
1,744
Posts

 
Drives: M3 (E90)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Thanks, good to know.. any stats on the % filtering efficiency per ISO tests? (OEM is 99+%)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Our filter has the ablity to trap dirt down to 5 microns.

Weight is also less than 2 pounds.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 10:33 AM   #26
Shaan
Private First Class
2
Rep
118
Posts

 
Drives: '11 M3 / '14 Tundra
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Our filter has the ablity to trap dirt down to 5 microns.

Weight is also less than 2 pounds.

will this have any fitment problems in my '11 ?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 10:54 AM   #27
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
91
Rep
3,584
Posts


 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan View Post
will this have any fitment problems in my '11 ?
Nope we have sold 100's with out a single issue just be sure to select your model year when ordering.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 03:20 AM   #28
crabman
Captain
7
Rep
669
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

Its a nice filter and I have no complaints about it but I could scarcely hear a difference and didn't notice the slightest difference in performance. I expected the latter, the stock box/breathing/filter is quite a robust system and there just isn't any low hanging fruit to be had there. The barely noticeable difference in sound I wasn't expecting. From reports here I was looking forward to a respectable increase in induction sound but that was not the case. It was just so as you can notice.
__________________
2012 E92 Space Grey with fox red/black/black, comp, premium, DCT, premium sound, sirius, heated seats.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #29
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
BMRLVR's Avatar
Canada
39
Rep
2,337
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman View Post
Its a nice filter and I have no complaints about it but I could scarcely hear a difference and didn't notice the slightest difference in performance. I expected the latter, the stock box/breathing/filter is quite a robust system and there just isn't any low hanging fruit to be had there. The barely noticeable difference in sound I wasn't expecting. From reports here I was looking forward to a respectable increase in induction sound but that was not the case. It was just so as you can notice.
Have to agree with you on this. I had a BMC filter in my car and removed it only to notice little difference. I personally think that there is no performance to be had on the 2010 and up M3's by putting in a performance filter. Also a Paper filter is going to filter better than a cotton and gauze filter of the same filter area. I have posted on this topic in great detail before. To keep it short and sweet, "you can't let more air in with out letting more dirt in unless you increase filter area".

With the above being said, there is some power to be had by butting a filter in an 08/09 car that came with the charcoal element integrated with the filter. Personally, I think someone should make a solution to allow the new 2010+ filter in the 08/09 car without having to change the entire air box.
__________________
2011 E90 M3 ZCP - Individual Moonstone/Individual Amarone Extended/Individual Piano Black With Inlay:LINK!!!
1994 Euro E36 M3 Sedan - Daytona Violet/Mulberry:LINK!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #30
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
91
Rep
3,584
Posts


 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
Have to agree with you on this. I had a BMC filter in my car and removed it only to notice little difference. I personally think that there is no performance to be had on the 2010 and up M3's by putting in a performance filter. Also a Paper filter is going to filter better than a cotton and gauze filter of the same filter area. I have posted on this topic in great detail before. To keep it short and sweet, "you can't let more air in with out letting more dirt in unless you increase filter area".

With the above being said, there is some power to be had by butting a filter in an 08/09 car that came with the charcoal element integrated with the filter. Personally, I think someone should make a solution to allow the new 2010+ filter in the 08/09 car without having to change the entire air box.
Our filter drops in all years of E9x m3's.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST