BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery
 
Evolve Automotive
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-27-2012, 11:45 PM   #23
kwike92
Lieutenant Colonel
 
kwike92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 m3 coupe | 2011 STi
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mission Viejo, Ca

Posts: 1,555
iTrader: (6)

damn that thing looks super clean...i wish i had the time and patience and skills to do that to my MR
__________________
2009 E92 M3- basic mods, future track car.
2011 Subaru STi daily driver- Stock, for now...
kwike92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2012, 12:00 AM   #24
positiveions
Lieutenant General
 
positiveions's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 MKV JETTA 2.5 & E90 M3 :)
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Verne, CA

Posts: 10,502
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via MSN to positiveions Send a message via Yahoo to positiveions
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsisNA View Post

You changed your name! I've been great E, how've you been? Took a break from detailing to work on my family's company, got married recently too. Just started the detailing side of things back up.
Congrats on your marriage.
Yeah I changed my name. Just wanted something different.
I've been good. Since I became a nurse, and working in a hospital, I have more responsibilities. Parents are after me to get married too. . Doesn't escape them.
positiveions is offline   Lebanon
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2012, 12:10 AM   #25
jonbig12
New Member
 
Drives: 09 370z
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Denver, CO

Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

Wow! Looks great.
jonbig12 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2012, 12:22 AM   #26
IMG
M.POWER
 
IMG's Avatar
 
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Location

Posts: 7,035
iTrader: (6)

__________________
NO FEAR.NO LIMITS.NO EQUAL

Ess VT3 LC built motor,Volk TE37SL,Euro taillights,Dinan Xpipe,Custom Headers,Akra axle back CF tips,ModeCarbon FR lip,BMW CF wing
LOW BOOST 60-130 6.7 sec
IMG is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2012, 02:03 AM   #27
kaiv
Major
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 1,232
iTrader: (15)

Unbelievable work!

I assume this can only be done so many times though; otherwise the clearcoat/paint would get too thin?! I'm a noob when it comes to detailing, sorry if this is a stupid question.
kaiv is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2012, 03:12 AM   #28
OC3
Havin' a blast!
 
OC3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SoCal

Posts: 4,818
iTrader: (1)

Oh
__________________

BRP CW13 1:58 | CVR CW 2:01 | CVR CCW 2:02 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
2013 E92 M3 Jerez Black DCT ZCP | JRZ RS Pro | Brembo BBK | Endless ME20 | Volk TE37 18x10.5 squared | NT01/TD
OC3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2012, 03:12 AM   #29
OC3
Havin' a blast!
 
OC3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SoCal

Posts: 4,818
iTrader: (1)

Em
__________________

BRP CW13 1:58 | CVR CW 2:01 | CVR CCW 2:02 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
2013 E92 M3 Jerez Black DCT ZCP | JRZ RS Pro | Brembo BBK | Endless ME20 | Volk TE37 18x10.5 squared | NT01/TD
OC3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2012, 03:13 AM   #30
OC3
Havin' a blast!
 
OC3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SoCal

Posts: 4,818
iTrader: (1)

Gee!
__________________

BRP CW13 1:58 | CVR CW 2:01 | CVR CCW 2:02 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
2013 E92 M3 Jerez Black DCT ZCP | JRZ RS Pro | Brembo BBK | Endless ME20 | Volk TE37 18x10.5 squared | NT01/TD
OC3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2012, 03:17 AM   #31
OC3
Havin' a blast!
 
OC3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SoCal

Posts: 4,818
iTrader: (1)

__________________

BRP CW13 1:58 | CVR CW 2:01 | CVR CCW 2:02 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
2013 E92 M3 Jerez Black DCT ZCP | JRZ RS Pro | Brembo BBK | Endless ME20 | Volk TE37 18x10.5 squared | NT01/TD
OC3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2012, 03:42 AM   #32
leJUNd
First Lieutenant
 
leJUNd's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 319
iTrader: (1)

Hey Eric. Thanks again for the amazing job you did on my car.
I am still smiling from ear to ear... I already got a complement today on how clean the car is. You seriously restored my love for my car. Feels like I got a new car. It's amazing. I am scared to touch it.

I seriously neglected my car to a point where I thought there was no return. There were scratches all over.... mysterious goop that hardened on to the paint... swirl mark that made the car finish look dull. When I first showed him the car, I felt ashamed. I had serious doubts because I thought it was beyond the realm of paint correction. What surprised me was Eric seemed to enjoy the challenge. He went over the procedure with me and gave me his assurance.

After Eric (EclipsisNA) worked his magic, all the imperfection on the paint were gone. On areas where he wet sanded (trunk) even the orange peel was gone... makes me want to wet send the whole car. Result was better than I could ever hope for. He worked around my schedule so I could drop my car off in the evening and even worked on my car on his birthday (sunday) to get it back to me before Monday. He kept me up to date on the progress. It was just a pleasurable experience from beginning to end. He even gave me a purchase list and tips on how to maintain the paint.

If your car feels old and beat up and you don't feel the same passion you used to feel when you first got the car, don't build and price a new car online. Instead, contact EclipisisNA. He will rekindle that fire. It's a no brainer if your in socal.

Last edited by leJUNd; 08-28-2012 at 04:13 AM.
leJUNd is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2012, 03:51 AM   #33
leJUNd
First Lieutenant
 
leJUNd's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 319
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiv View Post
Unbelievable work!

I assume this can only be done so many times though; otherwise the clearcoat/paint would get too thin?! I'm a noob when it comes to detailing, sorry if this is a stupid question.
He takes off minimal amount of paint required to achieve the maximum shine. Even on my terribly mistreated paint, he has only taken off tiny fraction of the clear coat... don't have the exact figure but something little as 2-3% if that....
Theoretically, I guess you could do it too much but realistically no.
leJUNd is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2012, 06:58 AM   #34
JerezblackM3
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: e92 m3 dct
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: lebanon

Posts: 228
iTrader: (0)

My jerezblack needs you
JerezblackM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2012, 07:13 AM   #35
W///
Brigadier General
 
W///'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3/1999 E36 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

Posts: 4,946
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by accordingi2ime View Post
Hey Eric. Thanks again for the amazing job you did on my car.
I am still smiling from ear to ear... I already got a complement today on how clean the car is. You seriously restored my love for my car. Feels like I got a new car. It's amazing. I am scared to touch it.

I seriously neglected my car to a point where I thought there was no return. There were scratches all over.... mysterious goop that hardened on to the paint... swirl mark that made the car finish look dull. When I first showed him the car, I felt ashamed. I had serious doubts because I thought it was beyond the realm of paint correction. What surprised me was Eric seemed to enjoy the challenge. He went over the procedure with me and gave me his assurance.

After Eric (EclipsisNA) worked his magic, all the imperfection on the paint were gone. On areas where he wet sanded (trunk) even the orange peel was gone... makes me want to wet send the whole car. Result was better than I could ever hope for. He worked around my schedule so I could drop my car off in the evening and even worked on my car on his birthday (sunday) to get it back to me before Monday. He kept me up to date on the progress. It was just a pleasurable experience from beginning to end. He even gave me a purchase list and tips on how to maintain the paint.

If your car feels old and beat up and you don't feel the same passion you used to feel when you first got the car, don't build and price a new car online. Instead, contact EclipisisNA. He will rekindle that fire. It's a no brainer if your in socal.
That's what I call great service and even better work. That looks BETTER than when it came out of the factory. We are not worthy!
__________________
2008 E92 M3: Sparkling Graphite | Bamboo Beige | 6MT | CF Roof | HRE | Eisenmann | BPM Sport | Swift | Arkym | Mode Carbon | M.Perf
W/// is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2012, 07:22 AM   #36
pbonsalb
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 08 E90 M3, 99 E36 M3 Turbo
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Concord, NH

Posts: 1,667
iTrader: (3)

Looks amazing. Out of curiosity, approximately how long did this take?
pbonsalb is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2012, 08:21 AM   #37
B.Haven
Private
 
B.Haven's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 ///M3, '08 550i ///M-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Dover, NH

Posts: 55
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsisNA View Post
Thank you for the positive remarks everyone.



If you can get your car to southern CT, you're in luck
.... this place in CT you speak of... Where... And what is it called?

I can be there on short notice if needed. Lol
__________________
"Anyone can drive a fast car, few can drive a car fast"
B.Haven is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2012, 11:49 PM   #38
eclipsisNA
Colonel
 
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beverly Hills, CA

Posts: 2,938
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [3.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by accordingi2ime View Post
Hey Eric. Thanks again for the amazing job you did on my car.
I am still smiling from ear to ear... I already got a complement today on how clean the car is. You seriously restored my love for my car. Feels like I got a new car. It's amazing. I am scared to touch it.

I seriously neglected my car to a point where I thought there was no return. There were scratches all over.... mysterious goop that hardened on to the paint... swirl mark that made the car finish look dull. When I first showed him the car, I felt ashamed. I had serious doubts because I thought it was beyond the realm of paint correction. What surprised me was Eric seemed to enjoy the challenge. He went over the procedure with me and gave me his assurance.

After Eric (EclipsisNA) worked his magic, all the imperfection on the paint were gone. On areas where he wet sanded (trunk) even the orange peel was gone... makes me want to wet send the whole car. Result was better than I could ever hope for. He worked around my schedule so I could drop my car off in the evening and even worked on my car on his birthday (sunday) to get it back to me before Monday. He kept me up to date on the progress. It was just a pleasurable experience from beginning to end. He even gave me a purchase list and tips on how to maintain the paint.

If your car feels old and beat up and you don't feel the same passion you used to feel when you first got the car, don't build and price a new car online. Instead, contact EclipisisNA. He will rekindle that fire. It's a no brainer if your in socal.
It was a pleasure working with you David, and I really appreciate your compliments. The best clients to work with, and this probably goes for any profession, are the ones that truly appreciate the work that's being done. I've had clients that just see a shiny car and are mildly happy; others like yourself see the result as something special, which in my eyes it is. I try to create something that few other detailers can create, so when people see that, it makes me smile. Again, thank you for everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by positiveions View Post
Congrats on your marriage.
Yeah I changed my name. Just wanted something different.
I've been good. Since I became a nurse, and working in a hospital, I have more responsibilities. Parents are after me to get married too. . Doesn't escape them.
Is marriage something you're looking for or is it just the parents? For me I found the right woman and everything just fell into place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiv View Post
Unbelievable work!

I assume this can only be done so many times though; otherwise the clearcoat/paint would get too thin?! I'm a noob when it comes to detailing, sorry if this is a stupid question.
Clear coat depth is only so thick, so yes, this can only be done a certain amount of times, but that amount is probably quite large. How many times is dependent on how thick the clear is and how much needs to be removed per correction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
Looks amazing. Out of curiosity, approximately how long did this take?
Probably around 50 hours of work. 5 sanding grades on the trunk, plus 3 compound/polish/jeweling grades on the rest of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Haven View Post
.... this place in CT you speak of... Where... And what is it called?

I can be there on short notice if needed. Lol
New Canaan, CT.
eclipsisNA is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2012, 11:59 PM   #39
isugoo
Major General
 
isugoo's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 M5 CP
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 5,701
iTrader: (61)

I have E90M3 as well.
How much do you charge for full cleaning like that?
Can you pm me an estimate and contact info please?
__________________

PAST: 11 E70 X5M | 08 E90 M3 | 08 E92 335i | 03.5 E46 M3 | 99 E36 M3
isugoo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2012, 04:17 AM   #40
positiveions
Lieutenant General
 
positiveions's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 MKV JETTA 2.5 & E90 M3 :)
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Verne, CA

Posts: 10,502
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via MSN to positiveions Send a message via Yahoo to positiveions
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiv View Post
I assume this can only be done so many times though; otherwise the clearcoat/paint would get too thin?!
Even when you are polishing and waxing, the clear coat is being thinned down. Thus, regardless, that clear coat is not going to last forever. That's why polishing, and waxing the car will bring the shine and the protection back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by accordingi2ime View Post
I seriously neglected my car to a point where I thought there was no return. There were scratches all over.... mysterious goop that hardened on to the paint... swirl mark that made the car finish look dull. When I first showed him the car, I felt ashamed. I had serious doubts because I thought it was beyond the realm of paint correction.
Don't underestimate the work of a perfectionist. Just take care of of this car. She is a beauty.
positiveions is offline   Lebanon
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #41
eclipsisNA
Colonel
 
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beverly Hills, CA

Posts: 2,938
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [3.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by positiveions View Post
Even when you are polishing and waxing, the clear coat is being thinned down. Thus, regardless, that clear coat is not going to last forever. That's why polishing, and waxing the car will bring the shine and the protection back.
It would take quite a lot of polishing to wear it down to the point where the clear is compromised. If done properly, you can get multiple details out of a clear coat's lifespan, but hopefully the owner revises their maintenance techniques before that happens.
eclipsisNA is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2012, 04:55 PM   #42
positiveions
Lieutenant General
 
positiveions's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 MKV JETTA 2.5 & E90 M3 :)
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Verne, CA

Posts: 10,502
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via MSN to positiveions Send a message via Yahoo to positiveions
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsisNA View Post
It would take quite a lot of polishing to wear it down to the point where the clear is compromised. If done properly, you can get multiple details out of a clear coat's lifespan, but hopefully the owner revises their maintenance techniques before that happens.
true.
positiveions is offline   Lebanon
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2012, 05:46 PM   #43
OC3
Havin' a blast!
 
OC3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SoCal

Posts: 4,818
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by isugoo View Post
I have E90M3 as well.
How much do you charge for full cleaning like that?
Can you pm me an estimate and contact info please?
Plz pm me as well, elipsisNA.

I have a Jerez Black E90 M3 with lots of swirls and holograms...
__________________

BRP CW13 1:58 | CVR CW 2:01 | CVR CCW 2:02 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
2013 E92 M3 Jerez Black DCT ZCP | JRZ RS Pro | Brembo BBK | Endless ME20 | Volk TE37 18x10.5 squared | NT01/TD
OC3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #44
desertfox73
Newbie
 
Drives: 2010 E93 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Dallas, Texas

Posts: 267
iTrader: (0)

This looks unbelievable. I'd love to do this to my jet black! Any idea of someone in Dallas who does this work?
__________________
2010 Jet Black/Fox Red E93 M3
2008 K1200S (2-wheel)
desertfox73 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST