BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs
 
ESS Tuning
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-23-2012, 06:40 PM   #23
robbiedawg
Lieutenant
 
robbiedawg's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 ib e90 m3, 1995 acura nsx
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: chapel hill, nc

Posts: 455
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
1995 ACURA NSX-T  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszeh View Post
dont drive it.
or you could drive it,but never slow down...
__________________
~ TRAFFIC LAWYER IN CENTRAL NC ~
2OO8 E90 M3 /// INTERLAGOS BLUE w/BAMBOO BEIGE, CARBON LEATHER / 6MT / 19" 220M FORGED WHEELS / PREMIUM / MOONROOF / IPOD / BSW SPEAKERS


~EVERYTHING IN MODERATION,INCLUDING MODERATION ~
robbiedawg is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2012, 12:40 PM   #24
eclipsisNA
Colonel
 
eclipsisNA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beverly Hills, CA

Posts: 2,932
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [3.88]
Opti-Coat won't keep brake dust off the wheels. It's just another layer that the dust will sit on. You have to reach the problem at its core, which are the terrible stock pads. Get aftermarket pads that dust much, much less than the stock pads and this problem goes away:

http://zeckhausen.com/BMW/E92_M3.htm

Look for the "Centric Posi Quiet Ceramic pads", that's what I use on my car and never worry about excessive dusting.
eclipsisNA is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #25
rjd598
Brigadier General
 
rjd598's Avatar
 
Drives: 10' M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego,CA

Posts: 4,541
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsisNA View Post
Opti-Coat won't keep brake dust off the wheels. It's just another layer that the dust will sit on. You have to reach the problem at its core, which are the terrible stock pads. Get aftermarket pads that dust much, much less than the stock pads and this problem goes away:

http://zeckhausen.com/BMW/E92_M3.htm

Look for the "Centric Posi Quiet Ceramic pads", that's what I use on my car and never worry about excessive dusting.
dont your brakes start squeaking when you change to different pads? as much as i would love to have less brake dust i couldn't stand the squeaking. it's my biggest pet peeve on any car
__________________
rjd598 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2012, 01:38 PM   #26
eclipsisNA
Colonel
 
eclipsisNA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beverly Hills, CA

Posts: 2,932
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [3.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
dont your brakes start squeaking when you change to different pads? as much as i would love to have less brake dust i couldn't stand the squeaking. it's my biggest pet peeve on any car
The new pads have never squeeked once. You couldn't tell they were any different from the stocks, except for the dusting. I've had them on both my E92 M3s, both my current and SG M3.
eclipsisNA is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2012, 02:05 PM   #27
rjd598
Brigadier General
 
rjd598's Avatar
 
Drives: 10' M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego,CA

Posts: 4,541
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsisNA View Post
The new pads have never squeeked once. You couldn't tell they were any different from the stocks, except for the dusting. I've had them on both my E92 M3s, both my current and SG M3.
That's good to know. I might switch over but always disliked the pads. Most people go with hawks right?
__________________
rjd598 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #28
eclipsisNA
Colonel
 
eclipsisNA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beverly Hills, CA

Posts: 2,932
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [3.88]
From the page I linked to: "Centric Posi Quiet Ceramic pads"
eclipsisNA is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST