BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Wheels | Tires | Spacers
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-27-2012, 09:46 AM   #287
VSmotorsports
Lieutenant Colonel
 
VSmotorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Schaumburg, IL

Posts: 1,633
iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to VSmotorsports
They just had a group buy on the EC-7, looking forward to receiving our set of EC-7 for our race car, going to look awesome
VSmotorsports is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #288
David@ApexRaceParts
BimmerPost Supporting Dealership

 
David@ApexRaceParts's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 1,293
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot View Post
when's the group buy?
We may have one at the end of the year, though the details are not set yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSmotorsports View Post
They just had a group buy on the EC-7, looking forward to receiving our set of EC-7 for our race car, going to look awesome
We can't wait to see them mounted!
David@ApexRaceParts is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2012, 10:33 AM   #289
mot
Banned
 
Drives: e92 AW M3 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bay Area, California

Posts: 941
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David@ApexRaceParts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mot View Post
when's the group buy?
We may have one at the end of the year, though the details are not set yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSmotorsports View Post
They just had a group buy on the EC-7, looking forward to receiving our set of EC-7 for our race car, going to look awesome
We can't wait to see them mounted!
I appreciate the response. Thank you.
mot is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2012, 10:48 AM   #290
VSmotorsports
Lieutenant Colonel
 
VSmotorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Schaumburg, IL

Posts: 1,633
iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to VSmotorsports


I wish you guys could see the smile on our faces, we can't wait to run these for NASA Nationals! We will have a full write up!
VSmotorsports is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 01:18 AM   #291
nmehta211
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08 E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC

Posts: 273
iTrader: (1)

I have a 18x10 et 25 square setup currently with 265/35/18 front, 285/35/18 Hankook RS-3 tires. Used for mainly street driving, with 2 track sessions per year.

A few questions:
1. I curbed one wheel pretty badly. Is it possible to get these repainted? I am thinking that it may cost $200 to repaint the Hyper black finish, but my fear is that a repair shop won't be able to match it. Should I just buy a new wheel and keep the curbed one for a spare?

2. I want to switch tires to Michelin PSS. I liked the Hankooks, but in 4k miles of driving and 4 days of track sessions and 1 autocross, the tires look pretty done on the edges. I assume the Michelin will last longer. Should i get the 275/35/18 setup or stay staggered?

3. Also is rotation only front to back or can they be rotated to sides also (Are the michelins directional)?

Thanks in advance. Great wheels---look beautiful on Interlagos Blue!
Attached Images
   
__________________

08 E90 M3 Interlagos Blue
99 E36 M3 Cosmos, #2--Sold
99 E36 M3 Cosmos, #1--Sold
nmehta211 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 01:07 PM   #292
David@ApexRaceParts
BimmerPost Supporting Dealership

 
David@ApexRaceParts's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 1,293
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmehta211 View Post
I have a 18x10 et 25 square setup currently with 265/35/18 front, 285/35/18 Hankook RS-3 tires. Used for mainly street driving, with 2 track sessions per year.

A few questions:
1. I curbed one wheel pretty badly. Is it possible to get these repainted? I am thinking that it may cost $200 to repaint the Hyper black finish, but my fear is that a repair shop won't be able to match it. Should I just buy a new wheel and keep the curbed one for a spare?

2. I want to switch tires to Michelin PSS. I liked the Hankooks, but in 4k miles of driving and 4 days of track sessions and 1 autocross, the tires look pretty done on the edges. I assume the Michelin will last longer. Should i get the 275/35/18 setup or stay staggered?

3. Also is rotation only front to back or can they be rotated to sides also (Are the michelins directional)?

Thanks in advance. Great wheels---look beautiful on Interlagos Blue!
1. We do not repaint wheels in house unfortunately, but you can have a wheel repair shop try to paint match it. We do know that Hyper Black is a difficult finish to replicate though. Purchasing a new wheel and keeping your curbed wheel as a spare is a very good idea since you track your car and the spare wheel can come in handy.

2. We always recommend a squared tire setup on a squared wheel setup, so we would choose the 275/35/18 tires. With staggered tires on the 18x10" ET25, the front sidewall would be stiffer with the 265/35/18 in comparison to the 285/35/18 sidewall in the rear.

3. The Michelin Pilot Super Sports are asymmetric, meaning that there is an outer and inner sidewall for each single tire, and the tire is mounted onto the wheels in the exact same manner.

Hope that helped!
David@ApexRaceParts is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-14-2012, 01:07 PM   #293
David@ApexRaceParts
BimmerPost Supporting Dealership

 
David@ApexRaceParts's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 1,293
iTrader: (0)

We have plenty of ARC-8s in M3 fitment currently in stock and ready to ship immediately!

David@ApexRaceParts is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-14-2012, 01:16 PM   #294
VSmotorsports
Lieutenant Colonel
 
VSmotorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Schaumburg, IL

Posts: 1,633
iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to VSmotorsports
more pictures to come soon
VSmotorsports is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2012, 02:50 PM   #295
David@ApexRaceParts
BimmerPost Supporting Dealership

 
David@ApexRaceParts's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 1,293
iTrader: (0)



Give us a call if you have any questions regarding direct M3 fitment for the ARC-8s!
David@ApexRaceParts is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2012, 04:38 PM   #296
ApexRaceParts
BimmerPost Supporting Dealership

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 703
iTrader: (0)

ARC-8's are in stock in E9x M3 fitments!



Give us a call, email, or pm with any questions and concerns regarding wheel fitment.
ApexRaceParts is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2012, 12:05 AM   #297
m3an
Banned
 
m3an's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South Florida

Posts: 1,611
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David@ApexRaceParts View Post
Still have a few sets of ARC-8 wheels in M3 fitment in stock!

what is the fitment on this car??


thinking of ordering a set of the 9.5 and 10.5; I believe this would be a nice flush setup w/ a 265 and 295?
m3an is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2012, 12:22 PM   #298
David@ApexRaceParts
BimmerPost Supporting Dealership

 
David@ApexRaceParts's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 1,293
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3an View Post
what is the fitment on this car??


thinking of ordering a set of the 9.5 and 10.5; I believe this would be a nice flush setup w/ a 265 and 295?
Those would be 18x9.5" ET22 and 18x10.5" ET27, paired with 265/35/18 and 285/35/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Not many tire manufacturer's make a 295 in the 18" diameter, but if you have found one it should work. The 285/35/18 is a popular choice for the 18x10.5" ET27 in the rear of an e9x M3 though.
David@ApexRaceParts is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2012, 01:17 PM   #299
grussell
Private First Class
 
grussell's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SG E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Valencia, CA

Posts: 124
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David@ApexRaceParts View Post
Those would be 18x9.5" ET22 and 18x10.5" ET27, paired with 265/35/18 and 285/35/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Not many tire manufacturer's make a 295 in the 18" diameter, but if you have found one it should work. The 285/35/18 is a popular choice for the 18x10.5" ET27 in the rear of an e9x M3 though.

I believe it has F & R spacers though.
grussell is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-01-2012, 02:48 PM   #300
ApexRaceParts
BimmerPost Supporting Dealership

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 703
iTrader: (0)

ARC-8's are in stock for your E9x M3 in staggered and square fitments! This car is currently using 18x9.5" ET22 and 18x10.5" ET27 ARC-8's in Anthracite.



Please call, email, or pm us with any questions you may have.
ApexRaceParts is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-01-2012, 02:49 PM   #301
gixxer_kidd
Major
 
Drives: e92 m3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NNJ

Posts: 1,401
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2008 m3  [5.00]
Any pics showing clearance of the 18" setup with Brembo 380mm front and rear BBKs?
gixxer_kidd is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-01-2012, 06:23 PM   #302
ApexRaceParts
BimmerPost Supporting Dealership

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 703
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer_kidd View Post
Any pics showing clearance of the 18" setup with Brembo 380mm front and rear BBKs?
Right now this is the only picture we have of the EC-7 wheel over a Brembo 380mm Big Brake Kit.

ApexRaceParts is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2012, 03:13 PM   #303
David@ApexRaceParts
BimmerPost Supporting Dealership

 
David@ApexRaceParts's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 1,293
iTrader: (0)

ARC-8s in M3 fitment are readily available in multiple sizes and finishes!



Feel free to give us a call with any questions!
David@ApexRaceParts is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-08-2012, 05:19 PM   #304
ApexRaceParts
BimmerPost Supporting Dealership

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 703
iTrader: (0)

ARC-8's look great on this M3 in a square track fitment!



Please call, email, or pm us with any questions you may have.
ApexRaceParts is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 05:59 PM   #305
David@ApexRaceParts
BimmerPost Supporting Dealership

 
David@ApexRaceParts's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 1,293
iTrader: (0)

Still have a few sets of ARC-8 wheels in M3 fitment in stock!

David@ApexRaceParts is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-12-2012, 03:59 PM   #306
ApexRaceParts
BimmerPost Supporting Dealership

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 703
iTrader: (0)

ARC-8's are in stock in street and track fitments for your E9x M3!



Please call, email, or pm us with any questions you may have.
ApexRaceParts is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-12-2012, 11:25 PM   #307
GewoW
#thatsanicemovebro
 
GewoW's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 LSB/Black 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada

Posts: 3,829
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.67]
Send a message via Skype™ to GewoW



__________________
GewoW is offline   Greece
0
Reply With Quote
      10-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #308
Tomislav
Panty Schtuffer
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Melbourne

Posts: 257
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Not my E92, but on my track-whore E36.

Thanks to the guys for shooting these over to me last week. I picked them up Thursday morning, at the painters Thursday afternoon, on the car with new rubber Friday.
Attached Images
  
__________________
.: 2010 E71 X6 35d - stock, daily driver, towcar :.
.: 2008 E92 M3 - 6MT, Carbon Roof, Eibach Springs, Megan Axle Back exhaust :.
.: 1997 E36 323i Frankenstein - too much to list, track whore, stripped, caged, MoTeC, S85B50 :.
Tomislav is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
18x10, 18x10.5, apex, arc-8, wheel

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST