BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-21-2012, 11:11 AM   #1
DopeM3
M Power
DopeM3's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
1,295
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH

iTrader: (8)

How to reset service light

Hi guys,

My E92 is showing "Service due" on the Navigation screen. I checked, and it looks like it was due the Inspection back in July. The inspector was done prior to July but I guess they didn't reset that.

My question is how do you reset the service date. I read a few forums and I believe I did reset it (change the date to July 2013) but it's still giving me that messages.

Basically what I did was but in the key, hit start without hitting the brakes so the car doesn't start on. I pressed the reset miles button down for a few seconds. Then it gave me the options to change the date. After I changed it, I hit the start button again to power everything off, took the key out. When I tried turning the car on, it's still giving me the message.

Am I doing something wrong?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 12:26 PM   #2
aberk80 swan
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

 
Drives: ss
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: uk

iTrader: (0)

Fix the problem triggering the light If your check engine light came on, the computer detected a problem that needs fixing. If you don't know how to check the codes from the computer and how to repair your car on your own, bring your car to a professional mechanic and have it fixed.

Thanks,
Japanese auto auction agent
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 05:40 PM   #3
Sean05
Putcha ang ganda...
Sean05's Avatar
Philippines
89
Rep
5,331
Posts

 
Drives: 08 MR E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Brea CA.

iTrader: (9)

Send a message via Yahoo to Sean05
Quote:
Originally Posted by jochy2048 View Post
Hi guys,

My E92 is showing "Service due" on the Navigation screen. I checked, and it looks like it was due the Inspection back in July. The inspector was done prior to July but I guess they didn't reset that.

My question is how do you reset the service date. I read a few forums and I believe I did reset it (change the date to July 2013) but it's still giving me that messages.

Basically what I did was but in the key, hit start without hitting the brakes so the car doesn't start on. I pressed the reset miles button down for a few seconds. Then it gave me the options to change the date. After I changed it, I hit the start button again to power everything off, took the key out. When I tried turning the car on, it's still giving me the message.

Am I doing something wrong?
yes pm me your number ill send you a video

ok

step 1 hold down the reset botton... until it gives you some option
step 2 press the botton on the turn signal (this will ask you if you want to reset)
step 3 press it again and hold until it reset..
step 4 turn off the car and on
step 5 no more warning sign..

BTW do you have an Idrive... i dont get why you just found out it shows up everytime you dont do anything when maintenance is needed


also if this is a cel ENGINE light you wont be able to turn that off. You need a OBDII reader
if this is just normal maintence warning sign then follow my steps.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #4
DopeM3
M Power
DopeM3's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
1,295
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post
yes pm me your number ill send you a video

ok

step 1 hold down the reset botton... until it gives you some option
step 2 press the botton on the turn signal (this will ask you if you want to reset)
step 3 press it again and hold until it reset..
step 4 turn off the car and on
step 5 no more warning sign..

BTW do you have an Idrive... i dont get why you just found out it shows up everytime you dont do anything when maintenance is needed


also if this is a cel ENGINE light you wont be able to turn that off. You need a OBDII reader
if this is just normal maintence warning sign then follow my steps.
Yeah, I have iDrive. I tried that but didn't work.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 06:19 PM   #5
Sean05
Putcha ang ganda...
Sean05's Avatar
Philippines
89
Rep
5,331
Posts

 
Drives: 08 MR E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Brea CA.

iTrader: (9)

Send a message via Yahoo to Sean05
Quote:
Originally Posted by jochy2048 View Post
Yeah, I have iDrive. I tried that but didn't work.
post a pic... id like to see...
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST