BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

08-03-2012, 01:04 AM   #67
SDPRT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 08 M3 Space Gray/MT

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 e92  [0.00]
Last March got her back from service with a dime size dent all the way to the metal below my side view mirror. I noticed driving home and immediately turned around. They made it right but was out of my car for 5 more days. Service these days is about volume and shuffling your car around regardless what you drive.
      08-03-2012, 01:05 AM   #68
Denk
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 M3 ZCP

I'd be mad for the fact that whom ever curbed your car didn't fess up. I find it hard to believe that they didn't realize what they did. But then again, it didn't look like they tried to cover it up by cleaning up the scuffed tire. I've had a couple of similar experiences, it sucks! I hope they make it as good as new for you.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 01:27 AM   #69
KIS
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2014 C63 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrusherM3 View Post
tbonem3: Glad you are going to get the wheel fixed. Still don't understand all the replies of "Oh well, Shit happens". Yes it does sometimes, but when a dealer or his rep does the "shit" then they are responsible, period. I have spent a lot of hard earned money on my M3 and I don't like people tearing it up. I don't know why that is so hard to understand?
For the most part no one is suggesting doing nothing, rather it's what you do and how you do it.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 05:35 AM   #70
Cameronc08
Rep

Drives: 997.1 Turbo/E92 M3/'06 Saleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIS View Post
Clearly two camps on this thread. Those that suggest a reasoned proportional response with the dealer, and then moving on. The other camp is suggesting a nuclear reaction, grabbing your beast in one hand and a Glock in the other and then going postal. I wonder if these two camps break down by age? I ask because when I was younger I was definitely in the latter camp, but with age and experience I have moved into the former camp, thankfully.
No, not necessarily. I own a supercharged Saleen with a lot of money dumped in it (550hp on stock tune) and lease a '12 e92 m3 loaded. I'm also 24 years old and bust my ass for the money I make, and pay every penny myself including my rent. And guess what, as much of a car guy as I am, a car is a car is a car. I let anyone drive with me, drink in the car, eat non messy foods, will go weeks without washing it if my schedule is too busy, and even get the occasional curb rash. And I do not care because it's a car. Sure, I take care of my car and would most definitely be pissed if someone else damaged the car costing repairs, but I'm certainly not going to lose sleep over it. We have starving children in the world, families who's husbands/fathers lost there jobs and can't find new ones, etc, and here we are whining about a little curb rash. It isnt just BMW guys so I'm not trying to sound like a bitch, it's alot of car enthusiasts. I just grow tired of some people's first world problems and feel that sometimes we forget just how good we have it.

Let the shitstorm begin!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 08:57 AM   #71
JDy80
Captain
China
Rep

Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Send a message via AIM to JDy80
Glad to hear your getting your wheel fixed. My dealer had left a long scratch on my steering wheel and were good enough to have the steering wheel rewrapped for me. Good to know some dealers are there to know F with you.

2003 Cobra -> 2010 BMW e90 M3 - Space Grey - Black on Carbon Leather Int. - BRILLIANT CAR!!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 09:22 AM   #72
JRV
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011.75 AWE90M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
You can be pissed about it, but you left the lot with that rash on your wheel and didn't say anything... I wish you good luck getting them to admit they were at fault. They could be total dicks and just deny that they did that at all and you really have nothing to prove that they did it... Maybe that's just me being cynical, lol...

I'm pretty anal about my car. I even take pictures of the odometer reading before I drop it off, just in case I wind up picking it up from an oil change with like 50 more miles on it then I'll know some idiot went for a spin in it.

I'm hoping they will work with you, but I mean technically you did take the car back and didn't tell them about it right away. If they wanted to, they could essentially tell you "I didn't do that, prove it," and then you'll be even more pissed and still paying to get it fixed.
that literally happened to me. I took a pic before the 1200 mile service and when i got it back i noticed an extra 50 miles but had already took delivery. I asked the SA how many miles were put on the car dyrung the 1200 mile service and he said 1 or 2 miles. Then i said WTF IS 50 MORE MILES DOING ON THE CAR! EVEN THE RECEIPT YOU GAVE ME WAS SHOWING ONLY 2 miles extra. My biggest mistake was not bringing my case to BMW. I had a picture of the miles when dropped off, had a recipt showing only 2 miles extra ,meanwhile the car had 50 miles extra! I was mad at myself but never again will i let that go!! I'm still mad at myself today.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 11:13 AM   #73
Dreamz
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Drives: MY 13 E92 AW ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRV View Post
that literally happened to me. I took a pic before the 1200 mile service and when i got it back i noticed an extra 50 miles but had already took delivery. I asked the SA how many miles were put on the car dyrung the 1200 mile service and he said 1 or 2 miles. Then i said WTF IS 50 MORE MILES DOING ON THE CAR! EVEN THE RECEIPT YOU GAVE ME WAS SHOWING ONLY 2 miles extra. My biggest mistake was not bringing my case to BMW. I had a picture of the miles when dropped off, had a recipt showing only 2 miles extra ,meanwhile the car had 50 miles extra! I was mad at myself but never again will i let that go!! I'm still mad at myself today.
I wouldn't leave them enough gas to attempt 50 miles
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 12:34 PM   #74
tbonem3
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 2012 M3

Update:

After 4 days car at dealer, dealer fixed the scratch.
They had to order the correct paint, to paint and bake the rim.
-you can't really know if a scratch was there in the first place.

-although the Service manager said the fix is 100%, a close inspection of the newly painted rim, I can see a couple descrepancies in the paint. Mot horrible, but still noticable upon close inspection. Nothing painted is going to look original anymore. i said to myself I can live with a couple small paint nics on the rim, and just let me get out of here. it was late in the evening, car was dirty (I instruct them not to wash it), and I did a quick walk thru of the car, didn't see anything abnormal, and i drove the car straight home.

woke up this morning, washed the car, and I noticed a new paint chip, about 1/2 inch, on the plastic panel just below the driver door. I mean WTF?

Are you serious? Am I going thru extreme cases of bad luck? worst service by a dealer? or perhaps deliberate actions by a dealership for revenge or something? i mean the car is 2012 and I just had it since May. it has 2400 miles.

I called the Service manager and he was shocked as well. He is a decent guy and I like dealing with him and he told me they parked my car between two managers cars while the rim was being fixed , but I mean WTF?

The only thing I can think of is this was caused by an adjacent car opening the door next to my car and causing this? perhaps an X5 or something high off the ground?

-Based on this latest, I am requesting a brand new OEM rim. I am not 100% happy with the painted rim option.

-About the new chip, it's samll, about 1/2 inch. i defienety don't want to paint the panel. Can this be fixed with a small tocuh up paint?
When is this going to end?!

Thanks for hearing me vent again and if you have any advise, please chime in.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 12:44 PM   #75
SamS
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3

Honestly I think you are pushing it, asking for a new OEM rim. That fix looks pretty good in the pics, but I realize you can probably tell a minor paint difference in person.

If it still bothers you (and they'll probably deny your "new wheel" request any ways), you should buck up and buy a new OEM rim/tire from a vendor, or have the dealership sell you one at cost. That way, you'll have a temporary spare (your scratched/fixed wheel) to put on the car when this happens again (which it will), or you get a flat.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 04:47 PM   #76
mxa121
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: M

I would be pissed and demand replace or repair

however, I could buff that out with a dremel...
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #77
Dolittle
Private
Rep

Drives: e92 AW M3 DCT

I was at Irvine BMW for service last week. Checked the car when it came back and found a small dent on the left and a swirl on the right door panel. Told them to fix it and they did.

When I picked the car up, I told them to reconsider their prior decision of not replacing my driver side bolster which had premature wear.

Getting it replaced this week.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #78
tbonem3
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 2012 M3

here's a couple more pics. i am waiting for the service manager to get back to me with an answer.

Would anyone on here have the dealer re-paint the side-skirt is a good idea, or not even bother for resale value?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 07:02 PM   #79
My3rdM3
Private
Rep

Drives: 2011.5 M3 E92

My friend, I would be livid at this point...you have got yourself a shitty dealership! Do NOT have them repaint the sill ... get some dr. paint chip repair kit and fix it yourself. New rim all the way at this point!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 07:06 PM   #80
IFX
Banned
Rep

Drives: AW e46M/N54

tbone, just touch up the rocker panel. No sense giving the dealership to paint it and then lose the car for a week.

What I'd suggest, never go to that dealership again. Future problems solved. Stop taking the vehicle there.
Appreciate 0