BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #1
GREGS335
Private First Class
 
GREGS335's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dublin, CA

Posts: 112
iTrader: (0)

Cheap OEM Exhaust Mod in East Bay

If anyone is looking to get their exhaust modded in the East Bay check out Minute Muffler in Dublin. Only cost me $150 bucks and took less than half a day. Scott performed the ACM style exhaust mod and it sounds frickin awesome!
__________________

2008 BMW M3 Coupe - B&G Springs, MS Spacers 15/12, OEM Exhaust Mod (Bypass)
Sold:
2009 BMW 335i Coupe - iForged, KWV2, Cobb AP
2001 BMW M3 Coupe - iForged, PSS9, Magnaflow CB
GREGS335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-02-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
sdshah
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2010 E92 APW BMW M3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 395
iTrader: (2)

what does that entail?
sdshah is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #3
NomadM3
Private
 
NomadM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E90 Alpine White
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 88
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
wow, thats cheap....from what ive been reading most shops charge 300-500
__________________
------------------------------------------
2010 E90 M3 ALPINE WHITE l FOX RED EXTENDED LEATHER | 6SP MT | NAVIGATION | MOONROOF | LUX H8 V3 | ZHP SHIFT KNOB | AA FILTER | MEGAN RACING EXHAUST |

NomadM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #4
ryguy84
Private First Class
 
Drives: looking
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Francisco, Ca

Posts: 109
iTrader: (0)

Jeez thats super cheap I did the four pipe method and am super happy with the results. Glad you like the sound!
ryguy84 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-02-2012, 05:54 PM   #5
GREGS335
Private First Class
 
GREGS335's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dublin, CA

Posts: 112
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadM3 View Post
wow, thats cheap....from what ive been reading most shops charge 300-500
Yeah, I was quoted $250 and a 2day turnaround by one shop. Being able to get it done in one day was key.
__________________

2008 BMW M3 Coupe - B&G Springs, MS Spacers 15/12, OEM Exhaust Mod (Bypass)
Sold:
2009 BMW 335i Coupe - iForged, KWV2, Cobb AP
2001 BMW M3 Coupe - iForged, PSS9, Magnaflow CB
GREGS335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #6
k2e15
First Lieutenant
 
k2e15's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 329
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGS335 View Post
Yeah, I was quoted $250 and a 2day turnaround by one shop. Being able to get it done in one day was key.
Sounds Clips?
__________________
E46 ///M3, Silver Gray.. For Now ...
k2e15 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 11:13 AM   #7
zhp2m3
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011.75 E90 LeMans Blue
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 127
iTrader: (0)

Nice, I might have to check this out.
zhp2m3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 11:23 AM   #8
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
 
tbone28's Avatar
 
Drives: ^^^^^
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 2,068
iTrader: (12)

Minute Muffler has a great reputation
tbone28 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 01:17 PM   #9
cpvince
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 179
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
That is SUUUPER cheap. No leaks, yeah? haha please post a video if you can! Or maybe I could check it out in person?
cpvince is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #10
GREGS335
Private First Class
 
GREGS335's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dublin, CA

Posts: 112
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpvince View Post
That is SUUUPER cheap. No leaks, yeah? haha please post a video if you can! Or maybe I could check it out in person?
Sure lemme know when you wanna meet up. Off all day tomorrow! No leaks as far as I can tell.
__________________

2008 BMW M3 Coupe - B&G Springs, MS Spacers 15/12, OEM Exhaust Mod (Bypass)
Sold:
2009 BMW 335i Coupe - iForged, KWV2, Cobb AP
2001 BMW M3 Coupe - iForged, PSS9, Magnaflow CB
GREGS335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2012, 11:36 AM   #11
Sco Cuddie
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2008 BMW M3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 121
iTrader: (1)

Althought not in the East Bay, I was able to get mine done at a shop in Manteca for $250 and a one day turn around.
Sco Cuddie is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2012, 12:44 AM   #12
dagolfpro
Lieutenant Colonel
 
dagolfpro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,865
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp2m3 View Post
Nice, I might have to check this out.
You still haven't gotten it done? Maybe I'll get my other exhaust done and sell you mine current one. I have a few people who are interested in buying mine if I sell it.

How have you been? Can you make any of the events on 8/18?
__________________
2011 E90 AW | DCT | ZCP | ZCV | ZCW | ZP2 | Prem Sound | Moonroof | BMW Apps |
Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Painted Reflectors | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | 18" Volks TE37SL Pressed Graphite | Yokohama AD08 | Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
dagolfpro is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #13
zhp2m3
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011.75 E90 LeMans Blue
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 127
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfpro View Post
You still haven't gotten it done? Maybe I'll get my other exhaust done and sell you mine current one. I have a few people who are interested in buying mine if I sell it.

How have you been? Can you make any of the events on 8/18?

Nope, not yet. I've even been slacking on getting my tint done..lol. I think I had to cancel two appts over at Rocky Mountain. Just been so busy with training, work and family. Just saw the post on 8/18. I would love to meet up by there at GG. I'm familiar with that area since I just raced in the SF Marathon and the course runs right by there on the way up to the bridge.

I'm leaving for Maui tomorrow, so I'll give you a buzz when I get back for a drive,etc.
zhp2m3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #14
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
 
tbone28's Avatar
 
Drives: ^^^^^
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 2,068
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp2m3 View Post
Nope, not yet. I've even been slacking on getting my tint done..lol. I think I had to cancel two appts over at Rocky Mountain. Just been so busy with training, work and family. Just saw the post on 8/18. I would love to meet up by there at GG. I'm familiar with that area since I just raced in the SF Marathon and the course runs right by there on the way up to the bridge.

I'm leaving for Maui tomorrow, so I'll give you a buzz when I get back for a drive,etc.

FYI regarding your tint (apologize in advance for the off-topic). I've used Rocky Mountain in the past. He does great work. However, when I asked him how he addresses the dot matrix on an M3, he said he uses vinyl. Not sure if you're aware of that or if you even care. I chose not to go that route as I want a cleaner (vinyl-free) look. I will probably go with Premier for my tint.
tbone28 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2012, 06:33 PM   #15
zhp2m3
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011.75 E90 LeMans Blue
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 127
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
FYI regarding your tint (apologize in advance for the off-topic). I've used Rocky Mountain in the past. He does great work. However, when I asked him how he addresses the dot matrix on an M3, he said he uses vinyl. Not sure if you're aware of that or if you even care. I chose not to go that route as I want a cleaner (vinyl-free) look. I will probably go with Premier for my tint.
Interesting..thanks for the heads up. I would like to see the difference and how much cleaner going with the vinyl-free look is.

I did talk to Rocky Mountain about the infamous E90's issue with the scratched tint(when rolling windows up/down) and he said he cuts off the plastic tabs to prevent this from occurring.
zhp2m3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2012, 10:19 PM   #16
dagolfpro
Lieutenant Colonel
 
dagolfpro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,865
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp2m3 View Post
Nope, not yet. I've even been slacking on getting my tint done..lol. I think I had to cancel two appts over at Rocky Mountain. Just been so busy with training, work and family. Just saw the post on 8/18. I would love to meet up by there at GG. I'm familiar with that area since I just raced in the SF Marathon and the course runs right by there on the way up to the bridge.

I'm leaving for Maui tomorrow, so I'll give you a buzz when I get back for a drive,etc.
The 8/18 I'm going on is not the GG drive but this. Check out the pics on the bottom from there May meet.

Bay Area / Sacramento Meet and Drive Aug 18th

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=728335

My favorite island. We went to our honeymoon there. Have a great time in Maui. Buzz me when you get back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
FYI regarding your tint (apologize in advance for the off-topic). I've used Rocky Mountain in the past. He does great work. However, when I asked him how he addresses the dot matrix on an M3, he said he uses vinyl. Not sure if you're aware of that or if you even care. I chose not to go that route as I want a cleaner (vinyl-free) look. I will probably go with Premier for my tint.
RM did my E90 in October, he didn't use any vinyle. Premier is great, be prepared to pay double to triple the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp2m3 View Post
Interesting..thanks for the heads up. I would like to see the difference and how much cleaner going with the vinyl-free look is.

I did talk to Rocky Mountain about the infamous E90's issue with the scratched tint(when rolling windows up/down) and he said he cuts off the plastic tabs to prevent this from occurring.
No issues with mine.
__________________
2011 E90 AW | DCT | ZCP | ZCV | ZCW | ZP2 | Prem Sound | Moonroof | BMW Apps |
Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Painted Reflectors | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | 18" Volks TE37SL Pressed Graphite | Yokohama AD08 | Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
dagolfpro is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2012, 10:26 PM   #17
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
 
tbone28's Avatar
 
Drives: ^^^^^
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 2,068
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfpro View Post
RM did my E90 in October, he didn't use any vinyle. Premier is great, be prepared to pay double to triple the price.
RM in Livermore, correct? If so, that's interesting. His website says he uses vinyl for dot matrix. When I called to ask, he also told me he uses vinyl.

http://rockymtnwindowtint.com/what_is_dot_matrix_

It's great if he can apply the tint w/o need for vinyl. Perhaps I'll give him another call
tbone28 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2012, 12:02 AM   #18
dagolfpro
Lieutenant Colonel
 
dagolfpro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,865
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
RM in Livermore, correct? If so, that's interesting. His website says he uses vinyl for dot matrix. When I called to ask, he also told me he uses vinyl.

http://rockymtnwindowtint.com/what_is_dot_matrix_

It's great if he can apply the tint w/o need for vinyl. Perhaps I'll give him another call
I could be wrong but when I asked him about the dot matrix, he said it wasn't an issue on E90s, Only on E92s. I'll double check mine tomorrow morning.
__________________
2011 E90 AW | DCT | ZCP | ZCV | ZCW | ZP2 | Prem Sound | Moonroof | BMW Apps |
Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Painted Reflectors | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | 18" Volks TE37SL Pressed Graphite | Yokohama AD08 | Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
dagolfpro is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST