BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California
 
ESS Tuning
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-05-2012, 05:06 PM   #1
哇靠M3
Captain
Taiwan
21
Rep
760
Posts

 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: 加州到台北

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [4.50]
Bay Area 台灣人 M///Club?

Looking to see how many Taiwanese M3 drivers are here on board.
ABC or MIT, all welcomed to chat here!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2012, 08:53 PM   #2
NomadM3
Private
NomadM3's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
88
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E90 Alpine White
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
ABC FTW!
__________________
------------------------------------------
2010 E90 M3 ALPINE WHITE l FOX RED EXTENDED LEATHER | 6SP MT | NAVIGATION | MOONROOF | LUX H8 V3 | ZHP SHIFT KNOB | AA FILTER | MEGAN RACING EXHAUST |

Appreciate 0
      08-05-2012, 09:28 PM   #3
Z K
Colonel
Z K's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
2,172
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3, MK6 GLI
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (3)

Born in Taiwan but been in the USA over 20 years.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #4
JZBE92
I poop at work to save money on toilet paper.
JZBE92's Avatar
Taiwan
7
Rep
468
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 M3 SOLD, FR-S Monogram
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

ABC <3Tainan
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 12:02 AM   #5
哇靠M3
Captain
Taiwan
21
Rep
760
Posts

 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: 加州到台北

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadM3 View Post
ABC FTW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JZBE92 View Post
ABC <3Tainan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
Born in Taiwan but been in the USA over 20 years.
sweet, didn't know there's a nice crowd around here...

I'm ABC but MIT at heart!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 01:16 AM   #6
dagolfpro
Lieutenant Colonel
dagolfpro's Avatar
Taiwan
30
Rep
1,911
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZBE92 View Post
ABC <3Tainan
I thought you were from HK due to the spelling of your last name.

I'm actually neither ABC or MIT. Grand parents fled China to South Korea back in the 30's. I was born in South Korea but had Taiwanese passport and went to Taiwanese school. Wife is from Taiwan.
__________________
2011 E90 AW | DCT | ZCP | ZCV | ZCW | ZP2 | Prem Sound | Moonroof | BMW Apps |
Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Painted Reflectors | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | 18" Volks TE37SL Pressed Graphite | Yokohama AD08 | Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 02:38 AM   #7
JWC
New Member
JWC's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
722
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 F10 M5
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Orange County/Taiwan

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
MIT!!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 10:07 AM   #8
JZBE92
I poop at work to save money on toilet paper.
JZBE92's Avatar
Taiwan
7
Rep
468
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 M3 SOLD, FR-S Monogram
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

I actually wanted to buy the 2x2 inch Taiwan flag stickers before my ///M arrived.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 10:21 AM   #9
哇靠M3
Captain
Taiwan
21
Rep
760
Posts

 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: 加州到台北

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JZBE92 View Post
I actually wanted to buy the 2x2 inch Taiwan flag stickers before my ///M arrived.
I made this some time ago, but dont' know any decal makers.


I can remove the chinese part and only leave the flag and m3post. how many would rock those?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 12:05 PM   #10
cpvince
Private First Class
3
Rep
179
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
There seem to be quite a few Taiwanese M3 drivers around the bay. I'm ABC'd MIT haha. Been here way too long. Wouldn't mind getting together for a meet if you guys ever do one.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #11
哇靠M3
Captain
Taiwan
21
Rep
760
Posts

 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: 加州到台北

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpvince View Post
There seem to be quite a few Taiwanese M3 drivers around the bay. I'm ABC'd MIT haha. Been here way too long. Wouldn't mind getting together for a meet if you guys ever do one.
My main reason to make a thread like this is to reunite all the taiwanese together. Would definitely be easier to get a meet if we do in the future!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 12:30 PM   #12
JZBE92
I poop at work to save money on toilet paper.
JZBE92's Avatar
Taiwan
7
Rep
468
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 M3 SOLD, FR-S Monogram
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfpro View Post
I thought you were from HK due to the spelling of your last name.

I'm actually neither ABC or MIT. Grand parents fled China to South Korea back in the 30's. I was born in South Korea but had Taiwanese passport and went to Taiwanese school. Wife is from Taiwan.
Hung is the best last name. I get high-fived at Best Buy.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #13
JZBE92
I poop at work to save money on toilet paper.
JZBE92's Avatar
Taiwan
7
Rep
468
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 M3 SOLD, FR-S Monogram
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Slightly off-topic, we could do a meet somewhere and eat yummy Taiwanese food. =) All the good places in Fremont closed.....
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #14
cpvince
Private First Class
3
Rep
179
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
Sounds good to me. Not really sure which place is yummy nowadays. I still go to that taiwan cafe place in milpitas sometimes.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #15
dagolfpro
Lieutenant Colonel
dagolfpro's Avatar
Taiwan
30
Rep
1,911
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZBE92 View Post
Slightly off-topic, we could do a meet somewhere and eat yummy Taiwanese food. =) All the good places in Fremont closed.....
Speaking of food, wife and I went to Bob Sang's on Saturday night for dinner. Flavor is above average but not great. $18 for AYCE, is a great deal. Service is way above average for Korean BBQ place. Now, is it Bab or Bob Sang's? Wife and I were laughing about how it shows both there. Thanks for the referral. I ended up driving almost 200 miles that day.

Have you tried Quickly's/King of Dumping's in Newark? They have a pretty good beef noodle soup there among other Taiwanese dishes you can't find at a typical restaurant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpvince View Post
Sounds good to me. Not really sure which place is yummy nowadays. I still go to that taiwan cafe place in milpitas sometimes.
where do you go in Milpitas? I normally go to Darda by Ranch 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAHHKAOOM3 View Post
My main reason to make a thread like this is to reunite all the taiwanese together. Would definitely be easier to get a meet if we do in the future!
Yes, Cars and Food!
__________________
2011 E90 AW | DCT | ZCP | ZCV | ZCW | ZP2 | Prem Sound | Moonroof | BMW Apps |
Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Painted Reflectors | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | 18" Volks TE37SL Pressed Graphite | Yokohama AD08 | Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 02:36 PM   #16
NomadM3
Private
NomadM3's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
88
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E90 Alpine White
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JZBE92 View Post
Slightly off-topic, we could do a meet somewhere and eat yummy Taiwanese food. =) All the good places in Fremont closed.....
Have a couple good places down here in Cupertino

A&J Restaurant
Liang's Kitchen
Red Hot Kitchen
__________________
------------------------------------------
2010 E90 M3 ALPINE WHITE l FOX RED EXTENDED LEATHER | 6SP MT | NAVIGATION | MOONROOF | LUX H8 V3 | ZHP SHIFT KNOB | AA FILTER | MEGAN RACING EXHAUST |

Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #17
sjuang
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
32
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 e92 M3 Jet Black
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadM3 View Post
Have a couple good places down here in Cupertino

A&J Restaurant
Liang's Kitchen
Red Hot Kitchen
Mama Chef is also pretty good in Cupertino (on Stevens Creek)! I would be down for a meet! (I'm ABC )
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #18
cpvince
Private First Class
3
Rep
179
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfpro View Post
Speaking of food, wife and I went to Bob Sang's on Saturday night for dinner. Flavor is above average but not great. $18 for AYCE, is a great deal. Service is way above average for Korean BBQ place. Now, is it Bab or Bob Sang's? Wife and I were laughing about how it shows both there. Thanks for the referral. I ended up driving almost 200 miles that day.

Have you tried Quickly's/King of Dumping's in Newark? They have a pretty good beef noodle soup there among other Taiwanese dishes you can't find at a typical restaurant.



where do you go in Milpitas? I normally go to Darda by Ranch 99



Yes, Cars and Food!
It's literally called "Taiwan Cafe" hahaha. Off of Abel.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 08:27 PM   #19
IL8Apex
Private First Class
IL8Apex's Avatar
1
Rep
111
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 DCT, 1999 E36 M3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (3)

I like Southland Flavor Cafe in Cupertino Square. Good stinky tofu.

Even better stinky tofu is Joy's in Foster City. They have a big parking lot where we can all get some some pics with cars lined up.

Let's organize this. We can go for a drive on Skyline Blvd after.

I'm MIT, immigrated at age 9. Go back to Taiwan every year.
__________________
2009 E92 M3 / DCT / AW / Black Extended / Akrapovic / Dinan Stage I + Camber Plates / BBS CH-R / Valentine One by Alekshop
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 10:59 PM   #20
JWC
New Member
JWC's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
722
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 F10 M5
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Orange County/Taiwan

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL8Apex View Post
I like Southland Flavor Cafe in Cupertino Square. Good stinky tofu.

Even better stinky tofu is Joy's in Foster City. They have a big parking lot where we can all get some some pics with cars lined up.

Let's organize this. We can go for a drive on Skyline Blvd after.

I'm MIT, immigrated at age 9. Go back to Taiwan every year.
hand down on the Joy's in Foster City. let me know ahead of time because I travel to LA back and forth all the time.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 11:04 PM   #21
Z K
Colonel
Z K's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
2,172
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3, MK6 GLI
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (3)

Sounds good. Always down for stinky tofu!

In SF there is one Taiwanese place I know of, Taste of Formosa. It's not bad. They have Taiwan Beer.. which tastes terrible as usual but that what makes it good. lol

http://www.yelp.com/biz/taste-of-formosa-san-francisco
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 10:59 AM   #22
JZBE92
I poop at work to save money on toilet paper.
JZBE92's Avatar
Taiwan
7
Rep
468
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 M3 SOLD, FR-S Monogram
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Anyone up for having lunch this saturday?

There's a BMW CCA cars and coffee event at a Starbucks near Homestead and Lawrence Expressway. We can grab Taiwanese food afterwards.

OR

we can have lunch in Foster City at Joy's at 12pm and drive skyline blvd afterwards. =)
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST