BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-22-2012, 07:15 PM   #45
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
30

 
JulieDriving's Avatar
 
Drives: Bimmer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada


Posts: 2,308
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
Julie, I will be in Halifax on August 21st till September 4th. If by chance your car is at autoport during that time I can go and get some photos for you!!! I know some people at the autoport.
Wow, you are so cool! Thanks for the offer Jamie!!

By the way, several weeks ago, I saw a new Moonstone E92 M3 at my dealership. WOW.
__________________
2013 M3 coupe (Azurite Black, Black, Piano Black)
+ miata nut (2 miatas) + Mk6 GTI 5-door hatch (our mini-SUV )
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 08:53 PM   #46
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
3

 
bnombe's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 E92M3 6MT/ZCP/JetBlkFoxRed
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC


Posts: 232
iTrader: (0)

In continuing my regular flow of posts here until probably I take delivery (then from which point on I probably will be too busy driving instead), this update came from Jamie bright and early this morning very close to being just one province away
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 11:40 PM   #47
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
3

 
bnombe's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 E92M3 6MT/ZCP/JetBlkFoxRed
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC


Posts: 232
iTrader: (0)

Thanks for another update this evening from Jamie! It got to Edmonton ~mid-day today, good pace good pace
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 12:28 AM   #48
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
39

 
BMRLVR's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada


Posts: 2,331
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
Wow, you are so cool! Thanks for the offer Jamie!!

By the way, several weeks ago, I saw a new Moonstone E92 M3 at my dealership. WOW.

You are more than welcome Julie. And yes I agree, Moonstone is an amazing colour, so nice that my next BMW (most likely a new M5 in about 4 or 5 years time) will be Moonstone as well!
__________________
2011 E90 M3 ZCP - Individual Moonstone/Individual Amarone Extended/Individual Piano Black With Inlay:LINK!!!
1994 Euro E36 M3 Sedan - Daytona Violet/Mulberry:LINK!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 01:18 AM   #49
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
3

 
bnombe's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 E92M3 6MT/ZCP/JetBlkFoxRed
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC


Posts: 232
iTrader: (0)

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
You are more than welcome Julie. And yes I agree, Moonstone is an amazing colour, so nice that my next BMW (most likely a new M5 in about 4 or 5 years time) will be Moonstone as well!
Jamie you are a M sedans lover huh!

Thanks for the latest update this evening... nice to know the train left Jasper earlier this evening on its way into BC!!! My car is in the same province as I am, finally!!!

Cheers!
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 11:22 PM   #50
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
3

 
bnombe's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 E92M3 6MT/ZCP/JetBlkFoxRed
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC


Posts: 232
iTrader: (0)



The train carrying my car is in the same calling area as me!!! That trip across BC didn't take long at all

My sales person did say they expect the car to get to the dealership this Saturday... should I harass her tomorrow and "inform her" that the car arrives in town and get her to firm up delivery date?
Attached Images
 

Last edited by bnombe; 07-24-2012 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Attached map.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 07:35 AM   #51
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
30

 
JulieDriving's Avatar
 
Drives: Bimmer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada


Posts: 2,308
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnombe View Post


The train carrying my car is in the same calling area as me!!! That trip across BC didn't take long at all

My sales person did say they expect the car to get to the dealership this Saturday... should I harass her tomorrow and "inform her" that the car arrives in town and get her to firm up delivery date?
Yes! You've got nothing to lose. And then go drive past your dealership too.

The day my 335 arrived, my husband was able to drop by and take pictures before they brought her in to wash. It was all dirty from its train ride from Vancouver actually, but those photos were fond memories.
__________________
2013 M3 coupe (Azurite Black, Black, Piano Black)
+ miata nut (2 miatas) + Mk6 GTI 5-door hatch (our mini-SUV )
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2012, 12:31 AM   #52
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
3

 
bnombe's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 E92M3 6MT/ZCP/JetBlkFoxRed
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC


Posts: 232
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving
Yes! You've got nothing to lose. And then go drive past your dealership too.

The day my 335 arrived, my husband was able to drop by and take pictures before they brought her in to wash. It was all dirty from its train ride from Vancouver actually, but those photos were fond memories.
Since the train arrived at the Vancouver Thornton Yard Tuesday evening, it's like the period of space capsule re-entry with no radio contact

Many thanks to Jamie!! Don't get me wrong He helped me track all the way from Halifax to where my car is expected to unload from the train, it's super!!

According to my sales rep, tomorrow is supposed to be when my car gets to the dealership. I have pinged my sale rep Wed and Thur (today Friday is her day off, so I gave her a break ) to clearly let her know I know the car got to Vancouver area train yard on Tue evening, so I expect to be picking it up next Wed!!

I expect and hope to get the good news tomorrow confirming my car arrives at dealership and next Wed for my delivery day!!! Fingers crossed...
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 08:32 PM   #53
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
3

 
bnombe's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 E92M3 6MT/ZCP/JetBlkFoxRed
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC


Posts: 232
iTrader: (0)

Well... my car didn't arrive at the dealership last Sat as the dealer system showed the ETA it would

Regardless I kept the "pressure" up and kept on telling them I really want / need / expect to take delivery before this coming weekend.

Yesterday I was told the car should arrive at dealership yesterday or today, so I asked for Thursday delivery to be "reasonable" and that was agreed to.

Then this morning I got a nice short email informing me my car is a the dealership and asked if I would like to pick it up this Wednesday (yes, tomorrow!) OF COURSE I will take delivery as soon as possible!!!

So I am looking to be picking up my car less than 24 hours from now!!! I hope it is true that good things come to those who wait!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 09:20 PM   #54
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
39

 
BMRLVR's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada


Posts: 2,331
iTrader: (3)

Congratulations on your pending delivery! It was a pleasure helping you with tracking your M on it's train ride across Canada!

By the way, what did you decide on for the PPF?
__________________
2011 E90 M3 ZCP - Individual Moonstone/Individual Amarone Extended/Individual Piano Black With Inlay:LINK!!!
1994 Euro E36 M3 Sedan - Daytona Violet/Mulberry:LINK!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 07:23 AM   #55
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
30

 
JulieDriving's Avatar
 
Drives: Bimmer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada


Posts: 2,308
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnombe View Post
Well... my car didn't arrive at the dealership last Sat as the dealer system showed the ETA it would

Regardless I kept the "pressure" up and kept on telling them I really want / need / expect to take delivery before this coming weekend.

Yesterday I was told the car should arrive at dealership yesterday or today, so I asked for Thursday delivery to be "reasonable" and that was agreed to.

Then this morning I got a nice short email informing me my car is a the dealership and asked if I would like to pick it up this Wednesday (yes, tomorrow!) OF COURSE I will take delivery as soon as possible!!!

So I am looking to be picking up my car less than 24 hours from now!!! I hope it is true that good things come to those who wait!
Awesome! Update us later today if you can. We take iPhone pics. : D
__________________
2013 M3 coupe (Azurite Black, Black, Piano Black)
+ miata nut (2 miatas) + Mk6 GTI 5-door hatch (our mini-SUV )
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 07:37 AM   #56
hpc3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
2

 
hpc3's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 M3 ZCP 6sp
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Carolinas


Posts: 253
iTrader: (0)

Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnombe View Post
Well... my car didn't arrive at the dealership last Sat as the dealer system showed the ETA it would

Regardless I kept the "pressure" up and kept on telling them I really want / need / expect to take delivery before this coming weekend.

Yesterday I was told the car should arrive at dealership yesterday or today, so I asked for Thursday delivery to be "reasonable" and that was agreed to.

Then this morning I got a nice short email informing me my car is a the dealership and asked if I would like to pick it up this Wednesday (yes, tomorrow!) OF COURSE I will take delivery as soon as possible!!!

So I am looking to be picking up my car less than 24 hours from now!!! I hope it is true that good things come to those who wait!
Post up a pic or two once you have it =)
__________________
'13 E92 M3 - SG/FR ZCP 6sp with sunroof *and* wood (old fart edition). MPE. Turner 10mm spacers x4.

Born on 07/04/12, PCD September 5th, 2012.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 12:36 AM   #57
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
3

 
bnombe's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 E92M3 6MT/ZCP/JetBlkFoxRed
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC


Posts: 232
iTrader: (0)

Lightbulb I got my car!!!

Photos set 1 of 2.
Attached Images
          
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 12:41 AM   #58
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
30

 
JulieDriving's Avatar
 
Drives: Bimmer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada


Posts: 2,308
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Oh wow!!!

Is that jet or jerez? If that's jet, that was a close, second place color combo for me. I struggled with the decision.

Black on red --- terrific!!
__________________
2013 M3 coupe (Azurite Black, Black, Piano Black)
+ miata nut (2 miatas) + Mk6 GTI 5-door hatch (our mini-SUV )
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 12:42 AM   #59
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
3

 
bnombe's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 E92M3 6MT/ZCP/JetBlkFoxRed
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC


Posts: 232
iTrader: (0)

Smile

Photos set 2 of 2. I will hopefully find some time between driving it and playing the gadgets/features in it to take some decent photos with my real camera this weekend

Jamie - thank you for tracking my car's train ride across the country! Your updates have helped keep my insanity in-check, well as much as there's hope for Thanks to all others who have watched along and chimed in to share the experience! Oh Jamie, hope you are sitting down when you read this... I have (maybe quite unthinkably after all the questions and research I have done) decided not to do any PPF after all... maybe you feel like me now...

Julie - you are up next for the order tracking fun!!!
Attached Images
       
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 12:43 AM   #60
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
3

 
bnombe's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 E92M3 6MT/ZCP/JetBlkFoxRed
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC


Posts: 232
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
Oh wow!!!

Is that jet or jerez? If that's jet, that was a close, second place color combo for me. I struggled with the decision.

Black on red --- terrific!!
Jet wow... you're watching this thread very closely!? haha... it's your thread now update us on your tracking
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #61
hpc3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
2

 
hpc3's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 M3 ZCP 6sp
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Carolinas


Posts: 253
iTrader: (0)

Man she's a beauty. Very nice choices...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnombe View Post
Photos set 1 of 2.
Thats me but in Space Grey/Fox Red. Very nice.
__________________
'13 E92 M3 - SG/FR ZCP 6sp with sunroof *and* wood (old fart edition). MPE. Turner 10mm spacers x4.

Born on 07/04/12, PCD September 5th, 2012.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #62
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
30

 
JulieDriving's Avatar
 
Drives: Bimmer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada


Posts: 2,308
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnombe View Post
Jet wow... you're watching this thread very closely!? haha... it's your thread now update us on your tracking
bnombe, your car is.........

FREAKIN' GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

I love Jet Black on Fox.... I kept going back and forth. Your pics - which are fabulous by the way - really show the beauty of that Jet Black on the E92 M3 and...... reminds me why I struggled so much with the decision. Oh well, at least I know I have good taste, haha.

Thanks bnombe - I finally saw my car's VIN on the W & W shipping site today But like you, it doesn't say "loaded on ship" yet even though it's tied to a boat that's already left the port (yesterday), haha. I think I am experiencing the same on-line update delay you did.
__________________
2013 M3 coupe (Azurite Black, Black, Piano Black)
+ miata nut (2 miatas) + Mk6 GTI 5-door hatch (our mini-SUV )
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 07:58 PM   #63
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
30

 
JulieDriving's Avatar
 
Drives: Bimmer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada


Posts: 2,308
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnombe View Post
Looks like my car has made it on the ship last Friday after all!! My daily search on the WW site has returned record on my car finally

The status table shows up to "RECEIVED AT TERMINAL", not exactly "LOADED ON VESSEL" like the other car's (VIN # "...015") entry is showing but I suppose that is just another system records updating lag

Finally another fairly significant progress on my car's journey to me!!!
bnombe, just bringing back up this photo of yours.




My car is now in the exact same position! (and same boat - what a coincidence!)

So Canadian M owners, you will see this strange situation when you first notice your M on the shipping site. It will not say "Boarded on Vessel" yet (like it will later) but it will be tied to a ship that has already sailed!

I will check daily to see how long the records update delay lasts...
__________________
2013 M3 coupe (Azurite Black, Black, Piano Black)
+ miata nut (2 miatas) + Mk6 GTI 5-door hatch (our mini-SUV )
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 10:58 PM   #64
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
3

 
bnombe's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 E92M3 6MT/ZCP/JetBlkFoxRed
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC


Posts: 232
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpc3 View Post
Thats me but in Space Grey/Fox Red. Very nice.
Thanks! Yours arrived yet? Soon? Let us see some photos too!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 11:06 PM   #65
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
3

 
bnombe's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 E92M3 6MT/ZCP/JetBlkFoxRed
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC


Posts: 232
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
bnombe, your car is.........

FREAKIN' GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

I love Jet Black on Fox.... I kept going back and forth. Your pics - which are fabulous by the way - really show the beauty of that Jet Black on the E92 M3 and...... reminds me why I struggled so much with the decision. Oh well, at least I know I have good taste, haha.

Thanks bnombe - I finally saw my car's VIN on the W & W shipping site today But like you, it doesn't say "loaded on ship" yet even though it's tied to a boat that's already left the port (yesterday), haha. I think I am experiencing the same on-line update delay you did.
Thank you thank you thank you!!! My wife has absolutely fallen head over heel for MY M3 too! She had no idea how great this car actually looks (particularly in the colour combo I chose) we test drove a used one in 6MT so that I could at least experience the actual driving of an M3 before placing the order. It was in the "wrong" colour and no ZCP, so the car's look didn't strike her as anything spectular..... she was drooling over mine when we walked up to it in the delivery area

So Julie - just what is your colour combo and options?

Congrats on your car being on the ship!!! It WILL be with you before you know it as someone wise named Jamie told me couple weeks ago and in your case being in Toronto area, it WILL be there in less days than it took mine yes yes... the Vancouver vs TO rivalry does exist, lol but M3 friendship can probably override it most of the time

Oh... are you trying the free ship tracking apps yet?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 07:28 PM   #66
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
30

 
JulieDriving's Avatar
 
Drives: Bimmer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada


Posts: 2,308
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnombe View Post
Thank you thank you thank you!!! My wife has absolutely fallen head over heel for MY M3 too! She had no idea how great this car actually looks (particularly in the colour combo I chose) we test drove a used one in 6MT so that I could at least experience the actual driving of an M3 before placing the order. It was in the "wrong" colour and no ZCP, so the car's look didn't strike her as anything spectular..... she was drooling over mine when we walked up to it in the delivery area

So Julie - just what is your colour combo and options?

Congrats on your car being on the ship!!! It WILL be with you before you know it as someone wise named Jamie told me couple weeks ago and in your case being in Toronto area, it WILL be there in less days than it took mine yes yes... the Vancouver vs TO rivalry does exist, lol but M3 friendship can probably override it most of the time

Oh... are you trying the free ship tracking apps yet?
(1) Tracking via desktop: Ahh, my car now shows up as loaded on vessel, even though the ship left 2 days ago. So about a 2-day delay.

(2) Tracking via mobile: I found the Android version of the Ship Finder app but: (a) it's not free; and more importantly (b) it's got plenty of bad reviews. I'll try loading the free (and much better rated) Apple version on my husband's iPhone

(3) Color combo: I got an unusual combination.

A semi-spartan M3 with an individual color.

I could never warm up to the "double hump" dash and now that the MDrive/M Button thingy can be retro-fitted, I didn't want the Nav. (I also often take trips where I use a certain type of Garmin that can accept customized routes built via Googlemaps, and it's a pain for me to have to place it down near the shifter of my 335i (which has Nav) because there's no room to fit it on top of the iDrive bump.) I also left out the Exec Package, as there were only 3 things I wanted from that package and now they're standard: Alarm, Comfort-Access, and the new Harmon Kardon Surround System.

So basically I just checked off Competition Package (just for the wheels )

For the color, I chose Azurite Black, Piano Black on Black Novillo.

I was going to replace the trim with the OEM real carbon fibre trim and I wanted Shadowline anyways. The cost for the carbon trim, shadowline and labour would have been about the same as getting the factory Azurite paint with the (wood lacquer) Piano Black, which was actually my first choice but not available without an Individual VIN.

Azurite:


Piano black on black:
__________________
2013 M3 coupe (Azurite Black, Black, Piano Black)
+ miata nut (2 miatas) + Mk6 GTI 5-door hatch (our mini-SUV )
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST