BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-26-2012, 01:55 PM   #1
J335Red
Private First Class
J335Red's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
137
Posts

 
Drives: E92 Sparkling Grapphite M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Irvine, CA

iTrader: (2)

Just got some H&R street Coilovers for e92 m3

Hey Guys

Just got some H&R Street Performance Coilovers for my E92 m3. I got them installed at MRF Engineering. The install was done perfectly and timely and Malek did a great job on adjusting the height for optimal control for my driving habits. Definitely recommend MRF for any suspension work the way others have in the past.

Basically getting these coilovers was an experiment because I wasn't able to feel them first hand, and the reviews on them aren't strong.

First off the car has totally changed. My car does not feel like a normal M3, it feels like it's bolted down and ready for the track. Body roll has been minimized to almost nothing, it feels so much more flat. I think the biggest difference I feel is during acceleration, I feel the car just wants to keep going and going because the suspension is on point. What I'm trying to say is that it's very smooth. It doesn't squat as much as it used to and braking feels better because it dives less.

To sum it up, I definitely recommend these coilovers especially when they are on clearance from Turner for 999.99 brand new with free shipping. Really good bang for the buck.

Thanks again to MRF Engineering for a great install it's because of them I can say these coilovers are legit because let's face the facts, if something isn't installed and setup right it doesn't matter how good the product is without the right install the product won't be optimized.
__________________
2008 Sparkling Graphite E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #2
Sean@PYSpeed.com
Sean@PYSpeed.com's Avatar
United_States
145
Rep
8,956
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 AW E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (22)

Send a message via AIM to Sean@PYSpeed.com
Great review! Glad you like it.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 04:19 PM   #3
bluesm3
Private
2
Rep
62
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: west

iTrader: (0)

how low are you drop?looking to get a set as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2012, 11:50 AM   #4
J335Red
Private First Class
J335Red's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
137
Posts

 
Drives: E92 Sparkling Grapphite M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Irvine, CA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesm3
how low are you drop?looking to get a set as well.
I'm
Pretty low I really don't know how low I'll post a pic.
__________________
2008 Sparkling Graphite E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2012, 02:10 PM   #5
Malek@MRF
Malek@MRF's Avatar
United_States
62
Rep
3,404
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, E46 M3, F30, E30
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Irvine, California

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via AIM to Malek@MRF
Glad you are enjoying it. It's definitely a step in the right direction.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2012, 03:41 PM   #6
Endless619
DHS
Endless619's Avatar
Spain
54
Rep
3,930
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 Range Rover Black Edition
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Disneyland

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by J335Red View Post
Hey Guys

Just got some H&R Street Performance Coilovers for my E92 m3. I got them installed at MRF Engineering. The install was done perfectly and timely and Malek did a great job on adjusting the height for optimal control for my driving habits. Definitely recommend MRF for any suspension work the way others have in the past.

Basically getting these coilovers was an experiment because I wasn't able to feel them first hand, and the reviews on them aren't strong.

First off the car has totally changed. My car does not feel like a normal M3, it feels like it's bolted down and ready for the track. Body roll has been minimized to almost nothing, it feels so much more flat. I think the biggest difference I feel is during acceleration, I feel the car just wants to keep going and going because the suspension is on point. What I'm trying to say is that it's very smooth. It doesn't squat as much as it used to and braking feels better because it dives less.

To sum it up, I definitely recommend these coilovers especially when they are on clearance from Turner for 999.99 brand new with free shipping. Really good bang for the buck.

Thanks again to MRF Engineering for a great install it's because of them I can say these coilovers are legit because let's face the facts, if something isn't installed and setup right it doesn't matter how good the product is without the right install the product won't be optimized.
I agree. I have had them for awhile now and am dropped with a front lip and it sits low. They feel exactly like my old KWV3s.. Best bang for your buck.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2012, 09:18 AM   #7
TRY...M3
Major
TRY...M3's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
1,432
Posts

 
Drives: Depends on the day
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: PA

iTrader: (2)

I also want to pick these up but I have EDC...
__________________
e92///M3
TT Lamborghini Gallardo
INSTAGRAM: CHRISTIANPERLES
Lamborghini-Talk.com: Christian.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2012, 09:39 AM   #8
Longboarder
Brigadier General
65
Rep
3,794
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 e92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Monarch Beach

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2013 WRX STi  [4.00]
2011 997.2 Turbo S  [4.71]
2013 e92 M3  [4.55]
2013 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRY...M3 View Post
I also want to pick these up but I have EDC...
If you have EDC then you could go with the H&R Springs. My M3 isn't ready yet (I'm thinking about these springs when I get the car) but I understand with the ZCP/EDC package, Malek recommends the H&R's. One of Malek's other customers (EuroTrip) has the H&R's and he tracks the car and is very pleased with the set up. Good luck.
__________________
Daily: 2013 e92 M3 DCT / ESS VT2 650 S/C / Akrapovic Evolution / StopTech BBK
Track/Airstrip: 2011 997.2 Turbo S PDK / 725 HP / BBi suspension build
Beater: 2013 X5 3.5sport
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2012, 08:30 PM   #9
Endless619
DHS
Endless619's Avatar
Spain
54
Rep
3,930
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 Range Rover Black Edition
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Disneyland

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRY...M3 View Post
I also want to pick these up but I have EDC...
What does that have to do with anything? I have EDC as well. Shooting you a PM now.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #10
Malek@MRF
Malek@MRF's Avatar
United_States
62
Rep
3,404
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, E46 M3, F30, E30
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Irvine, California

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via AIM to Malek@MRF
How are you liking the setup so far?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST