BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Race Precision Motorsport

07-20-2012, 04:07 PM   #23
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer

Drives: 2011 Cashmere Silver 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
The tea party movement formed in 2008, 2011 was last year, now it's 2012. Seems that I have to point this out.
My bad. How stupid of me think that you'e smart enough to understand that Congress was controled by the Dems until 2011. With contorl of both houses and the WH, "O" should have been able to do whatever his little heart desired.
1957 - Chevrolet Bel Air 2dr Coupe' Drag Car (2nd Owner since 1964)
1947 - Chevrolet Sport Master Coupe' Street Rod (2nd Owner since 1974)
mspeasl is offline   United_States
      07-20-2012, 04:16 PM   #24
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspeasl View Post
My bad. How stupid of me think that you'e smart enough to understand that Congress was controled by the Dems until 2011. With contorl of both houses and the WH, "O" should have been able to do whatever his little heart desired.
I just corrected your false statement, I didn't know I was supposed to read your mind. Besides, if you were alive and conscious during that time, you know he didn't have the necessary votes to pass healthcare reform, close Guantanamo, or do any number of things. So no, he was not able to pass what he wanted.
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
      07-21-2012, 06:18 AM   #25
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer

Quote:
I just corrected your false statement, I didn't know I was supposed to read your mind. Besides, if you were alive and conscious during that time, you know he didn't have the necessary votes to pass healthcare reform, close Guantanamo, or do any number of things. So no, he was not able to pass what he wanted.

Obamacare just passed itself during that time period I guest..?
      07-21-2012, 11:24 AM   #26
128vertinnoho
Private First Class

Drives: 2012 128iC

Quote:
You have made the most juvenile posts I've ever seen, and you obviously have major issues. But you don't run this forum - don't pretend that you're gonna tell me what to do. And this is a public forum, so there is going to be a limit to your personal attacks.

Here's what it comes down to: the reason you keep starting new threads every 2 hours is because you're crying for acceptance, and you can't deal with anyone who doesn't accept your viewpoints.

You should start a blog; that way, you can shovel all the shit you want, and nobody will criticize you. But THIS is a debate forum, and if you're the one starting the threads, be prepared for debate.
+1 He should really go post on FreeRepublic. He's fit right in there.
128vertinnoho is offline   United_States
      07-21-2012, 11:26 AM   #27
128vertinnoho
Private First Class

Quote:
Yeah, keep believing this lie. He did not have a supermajority in the Senate most of the first two years and there were those god aweful blue dog democrats who really should have been republicans blocking everything, so no, he did not have control of both houses for the first two years. But you cons love to spread the lies.
      07-21-2012, 01:12 PM   #28
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
Obamacare just passed itself during that time period I guest..?
Healthcare reform took 1 1/2 years to pass, and it was a shell of the original bill. Where the hell were you? Why do I have to summarize major events that happened 2 years ago? And what's with ending a sentence with "...?" What are the dots for? Inquiring minds want to know.
      07-21-2012, 06:22 PM   #29
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 128vertinnoho View Post
Yeah, keep believing this lie. He did not have a supermajority in the Senate most of the first two years and there were those god aweful blue dog democrats who really should have been republicans blocking everything, so no, he did not have control of both houses for the first two years. But you cons love to spread the lies.
I hope scotch never turns or stops to quickly. If he does you'll have and opportunity to see if Obamacare works for you.
      07-21-2012, 07:59 PM   #30
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
I hope scotch never turns or stops to quickly. If he does you'll have and opportunity to see if Obamacare works for you.
I'm actually debating with someone who can't differentiate to and too. Why don't you go +1 OldArmy some more, sheep. You just can't handle the fact that me, him, and half the country oppose you and your fellow righties. Try making a point instead of wasting space on stupid personal comments.
      07-21-2012, 10:18 PM   #31
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer

Quote:
+1 He should really go post on FreeRepublic. He's fit right in there.
Scotch, I guess that your +1 is speechless two
      07-22-2012, 12:50 PM   #32
128vertinnoho
Private First Class

Quote:
I'm actually debating with someone who can't differentiate to and too. Why don't you go +1 OldArmy some more, sheep. You just can't handle the fact that me, him, and half the country oppose you and your fellow righties. Try making a point instead of wasting space on stupid personal comments.
+1
      07-22-2012, 04:22 PM   #33
Augenbrauezug
Captain

Drives: mk6 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
I have worked in DC for my entire life, so trust me when I tell you, I know more about how DC works than some nit-wit kid from the leftcoast. And that's all I am going to say about it. You would be better served by keeping your trap shut about things you know nothing about.
Wow, what a cock.
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
      07-22-2012, 07:54 PM   #34
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenbrauezug View Post
Wow, what a cock.
I only called him a dick, and he started 3 new threads.

I think one of those giant lettered boneheaded bumper stickers is coming. Look at me! Listen to me!
      07-23-2012, 07:13 AM   #35
cssnms
Brigadier General

Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

There is strong evidence that suggests liberalism is a mental disorder.
cssnms is offline   United_States
      07-23-2012, 05:25 PM   #36
rgrovr
Private First Class

Drives: 2008 335xi E90

Why is the time from 2009 to 2011 discounted as if he needed a supermajority for 100% of the time to be effective? He had it for a few months but besides such, he was able to pass Healthcare reform without a supermajority.

Spending bills only require 50 votes anyway so there's no reason he could not have passed appropriate budgets, tax reforms, or spending bills (outside of Stimulus).

Its funny how Bill Clinton was lauded on being able to work with a highly partisan congress (you don't any more partisan than impeachment) to pass Welfare Reform, Tax Cuts, and Spending bills but Obama just can't get anything at all passed by the 'Teabaggers'? I think Democrats give way too much credit to the Republicans and not enough accountability against the President.
2008 335xi E90 Black Sapphire -||- PERFORMANCE: JB4 -DCI - AR Catless DPs - Helix FMIC - Forge DVs - KW V3 Suspension - BSH OCC -||- COSMETIC: 19" M3 Reps - OEM Perf. Front - MTech Sides - MTech Rear - OEM CF Spoiler - CF Kidney Grills - LUX H8 - LED Interior Kit - CF Wrap Trim - M3 iDrive Knob
      07-23-2012, 07:00 PM   #37
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrovr View Post
Why is the time from 2009 to 2011 discounted as if he needed a supermajority for 100% of the time to be effective? He had it for a few months but besides such, he was able to pass Healthcare reform without a supermajority.

Spending bills only require 50 votes anyway so there's no reason he could not have passed appropriate budgets, tax reforms, or spending bills (outside of Stimulus).

Its funny how Bill Clinton was lauded on being able to work with a highly partisan congress (you don't any more partisan than impeachment) to pass Welfare Reform, Tax Cuts, and Spending bills but Obama just can't get anything at all passed by the 'Teabaggers'? I think Democrats give way too much credit to the Republicans and not enough accountability against the President.
Thank you for making my point
      07-23-2012, 10:31 PM   #38
128vertinnoho
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrovr View Post

Ever heard of something called the fillibuster?
      07-23-2012, 11:35 PM   #39
Cdnrockies
Banned

Drives: BMW's

I'm going to make this post in both of the currently active threads as I think they both embody what is wrong with the current political system in the US.

Feel free to blow me off as an outsider, BUT, it is very apparent from someone with an unbiased opinion, that these threads are exactly what is taking the US of A down a scary path.

Instead of discussing solutions and what is best for the citizens of America, people get far too caught up in spewing bile towards each other based on whether they are Dem or Rep. Like either party or any individual has all of the right answers and will magically solve all of the problems that society faces.

Doesn't anyone see what is wrong with this???

Virtually every thread in this forum degenerates into name calling and personal/character attacks. Sad really.
Cdnrockies is offline   Canada
      07-24-2012, 08:22 AM   #40
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Scotch, where are you correcting spelling?
      07-24-2012, 08:24 AM   #41
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Oh you mean that thing the GOP has used in record amounts to block any legislation from President Obama? I do seem to remember statements like these:

“The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term President.” Senator Mitch McConnell Oct 2010

Last edited by xbook; 07-24-2012 at 08:30 AM.
xbook is offline   Zimbabwe
      07-24-2012, 11:45 AM   #42
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner

Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Rockies,

More than a few of us from the US of A agree whole-heartedly with your assessment. That's why I normally start any of my replies with the statement that I am NON-partisan. I only got a master's degree, so the letters after my name really don't matter.
UncleWede is offline   United_States
      07-24-2012, 01:12 PM   #43
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Rockies,

More than a few of us from the US of A agree whole-heartedly with your assessment. That's why I normally start any of my replies with the statement that I am NON-partisan. I only got a master's degree, so the letters after my name really don't matter.
While I am partisan (but much less so than my opponents think), I believe it's entirely possible to discuss this in a non-partisan manner. If you accept the fact of the Great Recession and move forward from there, you have a couple of bi-partisan bailout/stimulus initiatives. Also accepting the wars we've been funding, and a greatly reduced tax revenue caused by both the recession and unfunded tax cuts, and you have the deficit situation. And despite all the finger-pointing, the budget from both sides includes deep spending cuts. ObamaCare is essentially RomneyCare, so again, there's more screaming and yelling then there are actual differences. And after several years of the Obama regime, nobody's taxes have gone up, no one's guns have been taken away, and we're producing more domestic oil and gas than ever.

But people can't accept that; they need to paint a false picture, disregarding the recession, and how it's onset and recovery are in ways similar to other recessions; and in other ways different but explainable within the world economic situation. The same people who say that gov't doesn't create jobs blames the gov't for not creating jobs. And we should reduce tax revenue and reduce the deficit. And this can all be done by reducing spending, but they don't want to touch 90% of our spending budget. And everybody's pointing fingers about outsourcing, which has been a worldwide phenomena going on for decades.

We should be able to agree on most of this, but certainly not with the attitude of those who start all of these propaganda-titled threads.
      07-24-2012, 02:13 PM   #44
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer

Cool

Quote:
We should be able to agree on most of this, but certainly not with the attitude of those who start all of these propaganda-titled threads.
Then bite the bullet and start a positive non-propaganda thread.