BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

E92 Lighting

07-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #89
MisterSkiMask
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: I Can not say

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
Obama is clearly making the supporting argument for how taxes and the gov't are essential to everyone, not just individuals, but small business owners also. The American entrepreneurs who are smart, innovative, and business savvy didn't get that way by watching Hogan's Heroes for 12 years. It came from a good education in (presumably) public schools.
In this speech Obama is, without question, discounting the efforts of any and all entrepreneurs in this country.

It is my opinion that Mr. Obama, as a career politician, is only interested in getting reelected. He is pandering to the group that he thinks is the majority. He is vilifying business owners, turning them into to the 'lucky ones' who owe the public/government more (then they already have taken from them) because the system 'chose' to help them. It's nonsense.

Obama is trying to start/fuel class warfare in this country, it is the only way he can win since 'hope and change' have not been so great. Meanwhile he is hanging out with George Clooney and taking $4,000,000 vacations. What nobody likes to talk about is the fact that consumers will end up absorbing the higher costs imposed by the government, and more jobs and production will be outsourced. Less wealth for the good 'ol US of A.

For evidence, look at how California has driven film production out of the state with outrageous taxes and union requirements, look at how manufacturing has left California for the same reasons. Washington should look to California to figure out what not to do.

Last edited by MisterSkiMask; 07-21-2012 at 10:14 PM.
      07-21-2012, 10:35 PM   #90
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

This has been beaten to death, but all he was saying is that entrepreneurs also benefit from the things that taxes provide. That's all, he's not discounting anything.
And of all the things he's been called, I've never heard he's a career politician! That's a good one!
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
      07-21-2012, 11:02 PM   #91
MisterSkiMask
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
This has been beaten to death, but all he was saying is that entrepreneurs also benefit from the things that taxes provide. That's all, he's not discounting anything.
And of all the things he's been called, I've never heard he's a career politician! That's a good one!
Lisen again, you agreed with my analogy.

As for him being a career politician, what else has he done?

btw, I know I'm not going to change anyone's mind, I just hope to make others think of other possibilities.
      07-22-2012, 12:32 AM   #92
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSkiMask View Post
As for him being a career politician, what else has he done?
He's been a state senator, US senator, and president a total of 15 years. Prior to that, he spent 12 years as a community organizer, attorney, and law professor. Prior to that, he was in college & law school. So he's not exactly in Ted Kennedy territory.
      07-22-2012, 01:15 AM   #93
MisterSkiMask
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
He's been a state senator, US senator, and president a total of 15 years. Prior to that, he spent 12 years as a community organizer, attorney, and law professor. Prior to that, he was in college & law school. So he's not exactly in Ted Kennedy territory.
I have more respect for Obama as a man, but their paths are quite similar.

No comments on the 'meat' of my previous posts?

I agree this speech is and will be beaten to death. It is my assertion that everyone is arguing about the wrong part of the speech. His message goes against the ideas that built this country. I don't care about the part all the spinsters want us to be outraged about, I'm capable of listening and forming my own opinions.
      07-22-2012, 02:03 AM   #94
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSkiMask View Post
No comments on the 'meat' of my previous posts?

I agree this speech is and will be beaten to death. It is my assertion that everyone is arguing about the wrong part of the speech. His message goes against the ideas that built this country. I don't care about the part all the spinsters want us to be outraged about, I'm capable of listening and forming my own opinions.
He's an intelligent guy running for reelection, he's absolutely not going against the "ideas that built this country".

Let's try this: I'll give you the obvious motive, you tell me why you don't accept it. The speech targets small business owners (or perhaps just their concern), who clamor for less taxes & less govt. Obama explains why these entrepreneurs need what govt provides, and how public education gave them the knowledge to become smart and enable their success. In short, even business owners need govt. That's it. He never says "you didn't build your business", he was talking about roads.
      07-22-2012, 08:34 AM   #95
cssnms
Brigadier General

Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Attached Images

cssnms is offline   United_States
      07-22-2012, 08:58 AM   #96
cssnms
Brigadier General

Let's take a trip down memory lane...

Quoted directly from Obama's speach in Roanoke, VA

"There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me — because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t — look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something — there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there." [Emphasis added]

He continued:

"If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet." [Emphasis added]

While the left will try to spin this in any number of different ways in an effort to defend their savior, but there is no better way to show what one truely believes then when one speaks from the heart without a teleprompter.

Last edited by cssnms; 07-23-2012 at 07:16 AM.
      07-23-2012, 08:31 AM   #97
Silver E90
Private First Class

Drives: 2010 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 128vertinnoho View Post
The best part about this......the guy that stars in that clip was on Cavuto's show and said he basically AGREES with what Obama was saying in his speech!! Mittens really does have inept people working on his campaign!!
Wrong, if you listen to the whole clip he says that yes there was help along the way like, internet, highways, teachers, but he also says that the government is not responsible for the success of a business. He also says that he was offended by the speech.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1743707109001
      07-23-2012, 09:31 AM   #98
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
"If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If youíve got a business ó you didnít build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didnít get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet."
Where the f-k have you been for the past 50 posts? For the 10th time, he said "you didn't build the roads". "Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you've got a business - you didn't build that (the roads and bridges)." Just give up already.
      07-23-2012, 10:11 AM   #99
cssnms
Brigadier General

Quote:
Where the f-k have you been for the past 50 posts? For the 10th time, he said "you didn't build the roads". "Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you've got a business - you didn't build that (the roads and bridges)." Just give up already.
Take a look at the White House transcript before opening your big mouth ya left-wing dummy.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-...anoke-virginia

Let's put what Obummer said up in quotes again, it never gets old...

"If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet."
      07-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #100
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen
This is f-king retarded, the whole speech is about small businesses. It doesn't even make any f-king sense to suddenly start talking about "If you've got a business" in the middle of a speech about business. He says that the small business owner didn't build the roads and bridges. Any other way it makes no f-king sense. Just go away, you are obviously not comprehending any of this.

If you still don't agree with me, I don't care, because you've proven over and over that you're an ignorant, unintelligent, angry person, who starts threads with old outdated information and takes no responsibility for what you post.
      07-23-2012, 11:10 AM   #101
cssnms
Brigadier General

Quote:
This is f-king retarded, the whole speech is about small businesses. It doesn't even make any f-king sense to suddenly start talking about "If you've got a business" in the middle of a speech about business. He says that the small business owner didn't build the roads and bridges. Any other way it makes no f-king sense. Just go away, you are obviously not comprehending any of this.

If you still don't agree with me, I don't care, because you've proven over and over that you're an ignorant, unintelligent, angry person, who starts threads with old outdated information and takes no responsibility for what you post.
You never cease to amaze with your inteptness.
      07-23-2012, 11:54 AM   #102
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
You never cease to amaze with your inteptness.
If you're going to call someone inept, you may want to spell it right, otherwise, it shows a certain ineptness.
      07-23-2012, 04:18 PM   #103
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer

Drives: 2011 Cashmere Silver 528i

Has anyone ever noticed that when scotch is stumped, he points out spelling or grammar errors. Could it be that maybe this person fat fingered a "t" by accident..?
1957 - Chevrolet Bel Air 2dr Coupe' Drag Car (2nd Owner since 1964)
1947 - Chevrolet Sport Master Coupe' Street Rod (2nd Owner since 1974)
mspeasl is offline   United_States
      07-23-2012, 07:36 PM   #104
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspeasl View Post
Has anyone ever noticed that when scotch is stumped, he points out spelling or grammar errors. Could it be that maybe this person fat fingered a "t" by accident..?
Has anyone ever noticed that mspeasl never makes any useful posts, only making personal attacks or doing +1?
And what am I "stumped" about: some jerk insults me, how does that stump me?
      07-23-2012, 08:10 PM   #105
cssnms
Brigadier General

Quote:
There is no point in having a discussion with someone with an inferiority complex that believes they are always right. The individual must always have the last word. The discussion that typically ensues is like running on a treadmill, it goes nowhere.
      07-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #106
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer

Quote:
Has anyone ever noticed that mspeasl never makes any useful posts, only making personal attacks or doing +1?
And what am I "stumped" about: some jerk insults me, how does that stump me?
"Useful post". Your posts are always so full of BULL SHIT. Plus personal attacks on everyone that does not dance to your tune is well known. BTW: What the hell is f--king? I've never heard of such a word. But since you are in the upper percentile I am sure it is in Websters somewhere
      07-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #107
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer

Quote:
There is no point in having a discussion with someone with an inferiority complex that believes they are always right. The individual must always have the last word. The discussion that typically ensues is like running on a treadmill, it goes nowhere.
you are so right about this (sorry I don't really care to use these type words, but it comes to a point that when you roll around in the dirt) asshole.
      07-23-2012, 09:16 PM   #108
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
you are so right about this (sorry I don't really care to use these type words, but it comes to a point that when you roll around in the dirt) asshole.
You still haven't made a useful post yet, sheep. Hey, I hear CSS is starting 5 new threads. Go give them all a +1.
      07-23-2012, 11:36 PM   #109
Cdnrockies
Banned

Drives: BMW's

I'm going to make this post in both of the currently active threads as I think they both embody what is wrong with the current political system in the US.

Feel free to blow me off as an outsider, BUT, it is very apparent from someone with an unbiased opinion, that these threads are exactly what is taking the US of A down a scary path.

Instead of discussing solutions and what is best for the citizens of America, people get far too caught up in spewing bile towards each other based on whether they are Dem or Rep. Like either party or any individual has all of the right answers and will magically solve all of the problems that society faces.

Doesn't anyone see what is wrong with this???

Virtually every thread in this forum degenerates into name calling and personal/character attacks. Sad really.
Cdnrockies is offline   Canada
      07-24-2012, 12:24 AM   #110
MisterSkiMask
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
I'm going to make this post in both of the currently active threads as I think they both embody what is wrong with the current political system in the US.

Feel free to blow me off as an outsider, BUT, it is very apparent from someone with an unbiased opinion, that these threads are exactly what is taking the US of A down a scary path.

Instead of discussing solutions and what is best for the citizens of America, people get far too caught up in spewing bile towards each other based on whether they are Dem or Rep. Like either party or any individual has all of the right answers and will magically solve all of the problems that society faces.

Doesn't anyone see what is wrong with this???

Virtually every thread in this forum degenerates into name calling and personal/character attacks. Sad really.
So true. People get into a team mentality, my team must win their team must lose regardless of what is best or right or wrong for the country.

People can't even hear words in a speech because they only hear what they want to hear.