BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

ESS Tuning

07-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #23
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer

Drives: 2011 Cashmere Silver 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RambleJ View Post
FYI, if your doc would have been completely honest with you he would have told you that he is legally allowed to bill up 15% above the Medicare allowable.
Since he has been my GP for 30yrs I would hope he would be truthful with me. That's not to say you're incorrect, its just I don't know you and I put my health in his hands.
1957 - Chevrolet Bel Air 2dr Coupe' Drag Car (2nd Owner since 1964)
1947 - Chevrolet Sport Master Coupe' Street Rod (2nd Owner since 1974)
mspeasl is offline   United_States
      07-05-2012, 08:39 AM   #24
RambleJ
Colonel

Drives: F10 535i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspeasl View Post
Since he has been my GP for 30yrs I would hope he would be truthful with me. That's not to say you're incorrect, its just I don't know you and I put my health in his hands.
Medicare info
Please see page 4 fourth paragraph. Trust me, this is what I do on a daily basis. I know Medicare inside and out, I have been in the industry for over a decade.

"If your provider does not accept Medicare
assignment, he/she can bill you for up to 15 percent over
the Medicare allowable rate. This is called “balance billing.”
RambleJ is offline   No_Country
      07-05-2012, 09:34 AM   #25
smyles
Private First Class

Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by txz4 View Post
If you are an employer with 50 or more employees, you will either have to provide health care OR pay a tax of $2000 for every (full time equivalent) employee you have in excess of 30.

It gets better. A full time employee under this law is an employee that works 29 or more hours a week. No problem, just hire part timers below 29. NOPE. You take all of your part time employees, add the hours, and divide by 30. If this works out to 29 or more, then you have to pay healthcare cost or penalty.
What prevents company owners from splitting it into several entities, with staff under 50 employees each. I'd imagine any extra bookkeeping would still be cheaper than providing insurance?
      07-05-2012, 01:25 PM   #26
TMNT
Captain

Drives: 330ci ZHP

Quote:

Here is my take (from an earlier thread):

So anyone here know how this will work? let me spell it out:

If you are an employer with 50 or more employees, you will either have to provide health care OR pay a tax of $2000 for every (full time equivalent) employee you have in excess of 30.

It gets better. A full time employee under this law is an employee that works 29 or more hours a week. No problem, just hire part timers below 29. NOPE. You take all of your part time employees, add the hours, and divide by 30. If this works out to 29 or more, then you have to pay healthcare cost or penalty.

IF you DONT have insurance, you must pay either 1% of your yearly income or $95 whichever is more.

I was reading an article on HuffPo about small business and Obamacare, they interviewed this one business owner who said it best, something along the lines of: "If you have 60 employees, you have to downsize to 49. If you have 49 you dont hire...." Needless to say, my company will be doing something very similar out of necessity... This recession has hurt many businesses and pushed us to work harder and harder for less then we used to make, this is going to push us over the edge unless we prepare accordingly.
-You didn't mention anything about the healthcare tax credit for small businesses.

-You didn't mention anything about the creation of required state-based exchanges to offer affordable coverage that will start in 2014 that will help small businesses by pooling their money together to get better rates. This is key because small businesses don't have the leverage or purchasing power that big business do who offer health insurance at a much lower cost to them. This will change that.

PLUS the bill doesn't state what type of health insurance you have to provide. For all they care, you could offer the absolute cheapest healthcare insurance offered.

If companies still decide they wont offer it (bad move competitively in all reality) then employees can get it on their own at affordable rates.

You only pay the penalty if you as a person can afford to buy it on your own, but choose not to. Because let's be honest, those lowlifes will immediately buy health insurance after their sick anyway and foot us with the bill, so we might as well charge them for it now.
      07-05-2012, 01:38 PM   #27
txz4
Major

Drives: 2006 M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT View Post
-You didn't mention anything about the healthcare tax credit for small businesses.

-You didn't mention anything about the creation of required state-based exchanges to offer affordable coverage that will start in 2014 that will help small businesses by pooling their money together to get better rates. This is key because small businesses don't have the leverage or purchasing power that big business do who offer health insurance at a much lower cost to them. This will change that.

PLUS the bill doesn't state what type of health insurance you have to provide. For all they care, you could offer the absolute cheapest healthcare insurance offered.

If companies still decide they wont offer it (bad move competitively in all reality) then employees can get it on their own at affordable rates.

You only pay the penalty if you as a person can afford to buy it on your own, but choose not to. Because let's be honest, those lowlifes will immediately buy health insurance after their sick anyway and foot us with the bill, so we might as well charge them for it now.
The amount paid for healthcare minus the tax credit will still far exceed the $2000 tax, hence why i didnt bring it up.

Again, the state exchanges arent going to be able to bring an affordable enough rate forward to beat out the tax.

Lastly the bill states that you have to cover 60% of premiums or you are penalized. Im not sure of how much the penalty would be compared to the cost.
      07-05-2012, 06:29 PM   #28
TMNT
Captain

Drives: 330ci ZHP

Quote:
The amount paid for healthcare minus the tax credit will still far exceed the $2000 tax, hence why i didnt bring it up.

Again, the state exchanges arent going to be able to bring an affordable enough rate forward to beat out the tax.

Lastly the bill states that you have to cover 60% of premiums or you are penalized. Im not sure of how much the penalty would be compared to the cost.
Well of course they're going to pay something haha. The government isn't going to offer free healthcare by way of tax credits, they just want to make it cheaper for companies to offer it.

Just like everything that happens in this world, some people are going to be happy and some people aren't. But that doesn't mean this law should be repealed. It will be improved over time just like our constitution was.

However if this law is ever repealed, then they better get rid of Medicare and Social Security too or its all just political bullshit.
      07-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #29
txz4
Major

Drives: 2006 M coupe

Quote:
Well of course they're going to pay something haha. The government isn't going to offer free healthcare by way of tax credits, they just want to make it cheaper for companies to offer it.

Just like everything that happens in this world, some people are going to be happy and some people aren't. But that doesn't mean this law should be repealed. It will be improved over time just like our constitution was.

However if this law is ever repealed, then they better get rid of Medicare and Social Security too or its all just political bullshit.
Hardly the same thing. If this bill doesn't get repealed, there will be many losing jobs and money being pulled out of the private market and into the public. Its not political, its practical.

Of course they will have to pay something regardless, but the point is they didn't have to pay in the first place...Thats the problem here. dont misinterpret this as me being a fan of SS but there is a huge distinction.
      07-05-2012, 08:44 PM   #30
128vertinnoho
Private First Class

Drives: 2012 128iC

Quote:

The ACA will not be repealed. No worries.
128vertinnoho is offline   United_States